Start by marking “Sinister Secrets” as Want to Read:

(Wicks Hollow #2)

A sexy blacksmith.
A CEO turned innkeeper.
A haunted speakeasy.
And a desperate killer...

Welcome to Wicks Hollow: a cozy town near Lake Michigan filled with quaint houses, eccentric residents, and more than its share of ghosts, murders, and sexy romance.

Published February 14th 2018 by Avid Press (first published February 29th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Sinister Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sinister Secrets

Blurb:
A sexy blacksmith.
A CEO turned innkeeper.
A haunted speakeasy.
And a desperate killer...

Leslie Nakano needs to make a major life change—getting away from the dog-eat-dog corporate world, as well as getting past a personal loss—so she buys a large turn-of-the-century mansion in Wicks Hollow, wi
Vavita
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Better than the first of the series!
A great interesting couple! A lot of love moments and funny moments. The whole plot and characters were supreme!

More details to come!
Kathi
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had no idea what this engaging, sexy story was about when I downloaded it. But I’m a fan of Gleason’s two vampire series and thought this also looked intriguing, and I’m so glad I gave it a try!

The Gems of Vice and Greed is a delightful read — a light and entertaining blend of sweet, scary, and sizzling. In some ways, it reminded me of the Nancy Drew books I devoured in my youth. But with sexy times! And a hunky blacksmith who makes housecalls and likes to work shirtless. And a celebrated CEO
Tarra
Feb 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was definitely a fun read. I was engaged from the beginning with the eccentric cast of characters, especially Aunt Cherry and her gaggle of nosy friends. They provided some really great, sassy lines, and if this book wasn’t set in small town Michigan, these ladies would fit right in with the Steel Magnolias of my hometown! I thought the book was well balanced between cozy mystery, paranormal, and romance. This can be greatly enjoyed as a stand-alone book, but it is considered the third ...more
AnnMarie
The Gems of Vice and Greed is the third book in Colleen Gleason's Contemporary Gothic series. Although it's part of a series, it can easily be read as a stand alone novel.
It's the story of Leslie Van Dorn. She used to be a high flying CEO but feeling jaded with that life, she quits her job and buys an old turn of the century house that she is going to turn into a Bed and Breakfast. Rumour is that it is haunted, but she doesn't care, she loves the house and can't wait to get the renovations done
Mary
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-books
This is a fun, romantic, mystery with a little spooky paranormal activity going on. Leslie has left her high-pressure corporate life to open a bed and breakfast in a quirky little Michigan town. The peace and quiet is just what she needs to get over a breakup, deal with her miscarriage, and find out who she really wants to be. I thought the author did a good job of portraying Leslie's feeling about the miscarriage.

Since her historic mansion needs some repairs, she's hired Declan, local blacksmit
Laura Michaela
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First, a few things of note - yes, I received this as an Advanced Reading Copy in exchange for an honest review, but I also purchased a copy to give away, so. is about, after all...

On to the review...

I feel like I should preface this review today with - I do not like most contemporary romances. I like contemporary chick lit, but not much current romance. It's all the Billionaire's this or the Millionaire's that... So, when I tell you to read this book, I suggest you listen.

First of all, The Gems
Brittany Shivers
I received the ARC in exchange for an honest review.

A ghost story and a love that unveils the secrets of the past. This is a standalone book 3.

Leslie van Dorn looking to escape the rush and stress of the boardroom leaves the big city for the small town and Shenstone House. Shenstone House has a history behind it that includes a ghost.

Declan Zyler life was thrown through a loop when he was informed he was a father. When his daughter pleaded with him to move to her so she can live with him he imme
Melanie
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I adore a lot of Colleen Gleason's work although I will confess this is the first of her contemporary gothic romance series that I have read. Although technically book 3 this totally works as a stand alone (although I will now be going back to get the other 2 because I enjoyed this).

As with her other work, Colleen paints such a picture that you get swept up in the story and just don't want to put the book down until you have answers. The romance winding through was great and even though it is mo
Olivia
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. Colleen so good. At writing mysteries that leave you guessing the whole time. I loved bot Leslie and Declan. They were both relatable and believable characters. They both deal with their problems and work through them instead of hiding from them. My favorite part was when they were telling the story about prom night. I saw it as compelling and creepy and gave myself chills I was that into reading the scene. I can't wait for other people to read it and enjoy it as much as I did ...more
Kelly
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
A modern day blacksmith is just unnnnnf, if you know what I mean. Especially one who's trying to figure out the ins and outs of being a single dad for a teenager he wasn't aware he had until recently. I have to say Declan certainly hit all my hot buttons as a character. Plus, he helped Leslie face off against a ghost. Not literally face off, but, you know, he believed her when she said that's what she saw and I like that in a man.

Leslie, meanwhile, is neither a blacksmith nor a single dad. She's
Bernadette Long
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ghosts, Mystery, and Secrets

Be prepared to stay up too late to finish this story and to experience a few goosebumps when the mysterious ghost manifests and takes her vengeance!

Leslie Nakano has bought the vacant and supposedly haunted Shenstone House in Wicks Hollow and mysterious events begin once Declan Zyler, blacksmith, tear out the wrought iron railings for repairs.

I'm looking forward to the next story!

Sodapop13
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent mystery!!!

This book was really good! I'm fact, I didn't figure out who did it until Leslie did. I had it all wrong! LOL! Leslie and Declan are perfect together and there is a little steam involved. The ghost is pretty intense too!
Carol Simmons
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read

A home renovation, jewels, murder and a blacksmith, what more could you want. Had me guessing til the end. I thought someone else did it! Can't wait for the next one!
Lori
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome read

Colleen Gleason is my new favorite author. This book kept me up past my bedtime I couldn’t put it down.
Charlie
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Even better than the first in this new series. A wonderfully surprising ending.
Rita
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Read

This is a wonderful series I received 1st 2 books free but I can't wait to purchase the next book. Real page Turner
Bernadette Long
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

I am a fan of Colleen Gleason's historical paranormal stories and had not read any of the contemporary gothic romance series. I had no trouble keeping up with the storyline and characters, so it was a clear stand-alone story. It was a fun, suspenseful, and romantic story that caught my interest right away with a heroine (Leslie van Dorn) who was not afraid of the ghost that was haunting her new "old" house and was more than hap
Tara
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having only read Colleen Gleason's Envy Chronicles and her Gardella vampire books, I wasn't sure what to expect with The Gems of Vice and Greed being a more gothic, contemporary mystery and romance. It is a different pace but I very much enjoyed it. I won't go into a synopsis but do want to touch on my favorite things. The characters in this world come vividly to life - even the ones who are actually dead. I particularly enjoyed the father/daughter interactions of Declan and his teen, Stephanie. ...more
Rebecca
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
** I received an ARC of this book for my honest review

Just a quick not I love Colleen Gleason, but I always try to review a book objectively. I honestly really loved this story, although you can read it on its own, I do recommend reading the first 2 books in the series, as it makes for a better reading experience in my opinion.

This story will appeal to those who love mystery, the paranormal, and romance. All of which I quite enjoy in my books, especially lately I've been on a paranormal romance
Sheila Schwartz
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From the first page you can feel Leslie's excitement at giving up the "rat"race and returning to a "softer and quieter " life! Ms. Gleason's story has the Gothic suspense, emotional investment and hunky hero that all fine stories include but with that extra humor and sassy dialogue that sets this book apart!! Each character is fleshed out so you feel the "cold" that comes from the unknown when they discover it and the warmth of the embrace (and so much more) when they are impacted by it!! Loved ...more
Beth Dibiasio
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once you start reading, you can't wait to see what happens next..

Fast paced, interesting, modern day believable characters. I could not put this book down once I started it. An old speakeasy, eerie music, missing gems, ghosts, mystery and romance...oh yes, the romance! Third book in a series, but I had not read the first two. Definitely a stand alone story, but I am now reading the first two!
Kristin
May 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love ghost stories. I liked the previous books too. This can be read as a stand alone. Creepy and fun although I would have liked to see more of the romance. Maybe they'll appear in a future book.
Shirley Darch
Jun 03, 2018
Chris
Jan 12, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Award-winning, NEW YORK TIMES and USA Today bestselling author Colleen Gleason has written more than twenty books for major publishers such as Penguin Group, Harlequin Enterprises, Chronicle Books, and HarperCollins (as Joss Ware). Her books have been translated into seven different languages.

Colleen lives in the Midwest United States where she is fortunate enough to be working on her next book.

S