Start by marking “Unraveled (Heathens Ink #5; Inked #1)” as Want to Read:
Unraveled (Heathens Ink #5; Inked #1)

Unraveled

(Inked #1)

You need someone to take care of you.
You're wound far too tightly.
You need to be...unraveled

I’m completely out of control of my life. My ex is trying to take my daughter away from me... again, my dream of owning my own motorcycle repair shop seems out of reach, and somehow, I find myself a thirty-two-year-old man who can’t afford to have a place without a roommate. So, it’
Published February 8th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Unraveled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unraveled

Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
2.5 Hearts

Win some. Lose some.

I'm bummed this didn't WOW me. It has good stuff in it that filled me with excite at the outset: kinky, big Italian guy with long hair, rope bondage, friends to lovers... did I mention rope bondage? Lookit, this book will be and has been a win for many. It's very sweet, low angst and has a nice HEA that's achieved with little conflict.

True, you'll probably need to suspend disbelief but there's nothing wrong with that! Everyone needs a light, feel good escape from re
Cadiva
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5*

Full review to come.

I'm here now! Lots to like in this latest edition to the Heathens Ink series from KM Neuhold not least of which was the care given to Max and his unassuming acceptance of Clay and all his anxieties and his kinks.

The sexual realisation aspect of Max becoming attuned to his attraction to Clay and his bisexuality was also handled very well and with sensitivity. I truly believed Max's awakening and his dawning awareness that he'd been in love with Clay for a long time withou
SoCalBookReviews
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
(Update to review after Audible listen 04/20/18)
Wow. This book. What can I say other than Wow that was HOT. I loved this story, but I also really like Shibari (Japanese Rope Bondage). And you can tell the Author did their research on this one. It wasn’t just written as the usual D/S Bondage between Max and Clay. It was sweet that Max took the time to really figure out what Clay needed from the Relationship and didn’t just jump right in once he figured out what he wanted as well. That for both of
Mimi
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it

I am so glad that Clay and Max got their story. It was also nice to has the guys from Heathens show up at O'Malley's.
Eden Finley
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy moly, this was utter hotness.

Gonna be honest: When I saw the cover, my immediate thought was hardcore BDSM which isn't my thing. (nothing wrong with it, it just doesn't do it for me). BUT I've been on a KM Neuhold binge and didn't want to miss out.

I absolutely LOVED this and LOVED that the BDSM element was light, even if the bondage was not. And I didn't know bondage could be so hot. **fans self**

Even though these two kind of don't fit in with the rest of the Heathens family, they may be tw
namericanwordcat
3.5 Stars

I have enjoyed most books in this series but this one might be my favorite. Max and Clay with Gigi in the mix are a really lovely love story.

I also liked all the discovered sexuality elements of this friends to lovers romance. It did not feel forced.

Some of the drama is a little extra but over all it is a very nice read with a little side of kink.
Denise H.
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**** Here we have book #5 in the Heathens Ink series. We get serious issues that are resolved quickly, in each story. These tales do have previous characters ingrained in each book; it's important to know all of the issues these men have had, and it's fun to learn how they worked out their problems and found love.
Our two men here are not a part of the Ink shop, but are friends of the employees. If you remember, Clay owns On Point, the dance studio Beck works for. I loved Beck, who's a lawyer wh
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Friends to lovers is my favorite trope, and I loved both Max and Clay. Straight, single dad Max and Clay, his gay best friend have been roommates and besties for about five years. Max shares custody of his young daughter, Gigi with her mom, his ex girlfriend/wife (it wasn’t very clear, and honestly doesn’t matter). Clay helps Max out with Gigi, and the three of them were a sweet little family. Clay has had a secret crush on Max, but is convinced he’s straight and would never do anything
Denise GremoryKohta
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
So good!
This was such an amazing read. Some things I figured out but others surprised me. Seems Max wasn't the only one who learned some things about himself. I'm fact I think Clay actually learned more about himself. Reactions of a few of the characters surprised be throughout the whole story too. This book is a prime example of why I love this author.
Jenny Wood
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sigh…. Okay, so I might have skipped a couple to get here, but the mmm, isn’t really my thing, but, you bet Im gonna go back and read Adam and Nox!

So, okay, in this one, we have Clay and Max, and having only read the first one in this series, I wasn’t familiar with them, but I am a sucker for a hot dad, so… it was a given.

So, Max has shared custody of his daughter Gigi, and seriously, she is so cute…. She has Max and his roommate and best friend Clay, wrapped around her little finger. Clay is a
Nat
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

This is another of Ms. Neuhold’s sweet, heartwarming romances that comes with some extra spice. Clay’s need for bondage was explained well with as a balance for his personal tics. Max’s “I’m straight” protestations continued a little longer than I liked. He shifted gears pretty quickly once he accepted that he wanted Clay. The characters are decently, if not deeply drawn but along with the pacing, it suited the style of the story. Enjoyable light reading, low angst, no BDSM and a very l
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, bdsm-d-s, ebook, lbr
3.5 stars - This is a really sweet story. I loved the concept of someone needing bondage without much of the rest that goes with BDSM. Clay knew what he needed and was having a hard time trying to find it. It’s not easy to find someone who understands his need for bondage when it requires a certain degree of trust to feel safe enough to get what you need. So, Clay is struggling to find that someone.

At the same time, there is Max, Clay’s straight roommate and best friend of five years who is deal
DeeNeez
For some reason the first half of the book, I just couldn’t make an emotional connection with the characters. But the last half of the book was great! It made up for everything. Intense and hot. The whole shibari part was great.
Dani Elle Maas
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
for me this was a bit idifferent i still liked it a lot but a little less than the other couples
Nicole
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great read. Enjoyable. Great characters.
Happily Ever Chapter
✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ 4-STAR ✩ REVIEW ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

> > Judging a Book by its Cover < <
The cover has a very cut and paste layered look to it. While the title font is great, the author and series font style and color are not strong. Having read the previous books in the series, I opted to borrow this book from #KindleUnlimited to continue the Heathens Ink journey.

> > Looking Deeper < <
POV ~> Alternating first-person

So, UNRAVELED is still set in the Heathens Ink universe but the main cou
DTM
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just finished Unraveled (Heathens Ink #5 on KU) by Kyleen Neuhold, and I absolutely FREAKIN' loved it! 5 stars!! I thought Shattered Pieces was fantastic and her best yet, but this was even better!!! Top notch writing!! The story was wonderful...I couldn't put it down..I even had to tell my hubs to STOP TALKING TO ME because I was busy LOL. It was so sweet, sexy as hell with a little angst, and when it was over I sighed and smiled!! I'm in love with Clay and Max and the rest of the Heathens bo ...more
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
3⭐

I’m sorry, but creating pet names as soon as you become a couple after YEARS as friends is ridiculous. ALSO BDSM is not a fricken cure for mental health issues such as anxiety and OCD. I don’t think I read any actual diagnosis for Clay, but his actions (i.e. always checking the doors three times and obsessive cleaning when anxious) came across as more than occasional situational anxiety. I’m not saying that the author was trying to make BDSM a cure all, but that’s how I read it. That really a
Dara Nelson
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-blog
Clay. I've adored him for awhile now. His compassion, his love for his friends. Always taking care of everyone but himself. And discovering that the one person who will give him what he needs, what he craves, is best friend Max? Dear, sweet, go-with-the-flow Max? Somehow these two were able to maneuver through the tangled, cluttered, chaotic thoughts in both their minds to figure out that what they both needed was each other.
Mrs. Reader
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really Good

This has been on my tbr list for a long time. I am so disappointed in myself right now. It was such a good read. I loved both characters which lately hasnt been going well. The development of there relationship from friendship to lovers was perfect and not rushed. Definitely would recommend.
Pixie
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Listen... I feel like Goodreads is meant to be a judgement free zone 😂
Heather Martin
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unraveled

**Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.**

Unravaled is book 5 in K.M. Neuhold’s Heathens Ink series. Regardless of whether this book can be read as a standalone or not, this series is fantastic and you really need to read every book. Personally, I think you’ll get more pleasure if you read the books in the appropriate order.

Clay was introduced in book 4 as Beck’s best friend and business partner. It to
Dee
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
So much potential, but...

This book reads like an outline. It felt like a few quick scenes written to link the sex scenes together. The characters didn't have any dimension to them. These guys were boring and the story about the ex wife/new husband was lame. Max was a doormat a and his attorney should have been disbarred for malpractice. I'd pass on this book unless it's free.
Dash
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2018
Fun premise, shoddy execution

I was excited to start this story, the idea of someone with a bondage kink (that didn’t border into pure dominance/submission) seemed like a fun and quick read. What I read was extremely rushed and poorly executed. There were moments the story slowed down and you really like characters. Other moments have time jumps coming out of nowhere, character motivation seems completely underdeveloped and rushed, and the main thread of the MC’s daughter being taken away comes
Amanda Viecelli
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Heathens Ink series is one of my favorites of the last year. Clay and Max’s story is one I was so excited about as friends to lovers stories are my favorite trope, but especially because I love all things Shibari. In Unraveled, KM Neuhold successfully portrays just how the art of Shibari can be a sensual and beautiful form of bondage. Clay is floundering, unable to get what he needs as his need to be bound yet not dominated, humiliated, or hurt at the same time makes it hard for him to find ...more
L.E.
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-read
It felt a bit rushed but still sweet. I liked the chemistry between Max and Clay and, of course, the friends-to-lovers theme. The Shibari was hot as well. My only minor gripe was that the conflict (view spoiler) was too quickly resolved after all of Max's worries. Honestly for the drama I was expecting a knock-down-drag-out fight between Max and Jess.

Kinda regretting not reading the previous books first because Beck sounds awesome, but I honestly didn't feel like t
Dani Hodge
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge supporter of the Heathens Ink Series, and let me just say Unraveled is another PERFECT addition to this series! I am a super fan of Friends to Lovers books, and Clay and Max's story has it all! Love, Trust, and Kink! What more can a person ask for!

Unraveled is perfect for all that love M/M reads, and if you haven't started this series, I highly recommend! I can't wait for the Vegas Novella to come out!
Nanna Sander
This is my first encounter with the Heathens Ink series, but it won't be the last.

I was intrigued by bondage in a different way than you normally see it. Here, it was not about pain, humiliation, or really submission, but about being taken care of, and that resonated with me.

There is some well-written angst here that made me shead a tear. And on top of all that, it's a GFY friends-to-lovers story with children in the mix. Book-love right there.
John-Torleif  Harris
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I found this to be missing something...

I loved the bondage and the exploration of kink between Clay and Max. I had a bit of trouble actually forming an emotional connection to either character though. This book had everything that should have checked off all of my boxes, and yet I finished it a bit underwhelmed without being able to explain exactly why.
Karen
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. Well written with kick ass characters. I was very happy to see Clay get his HEA. I am looking forward to the next story.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Worth a Shot (FIT Guys, #2)
  • Perfect Alignment (Thorne and Dash, #3)
  • And Manny Makes Three
  • Kissing the Teacher (Valentine's Inc. #3)
  • Sugar Dom (Sugar Daddies #5)
  • Triple Play (Homeruns, #3)
  • You Are the Reason (The Tav #2)
  • Out For the Holidays
  • Lord of a Thousand Steps (Love in Laguna, #4)
  • Rule 47
  • Red Fish, Dead Fish (Fish Out of Water, #2)
  • Open Mind (Kink Chronicles, #1)
  • Queer Magick (Queer Magick, #1)
  • Bombs and Guacamole (Border Crossing, #1)
  • Quillon's Covert
  • The Wolf at Bay (Big Bad Wolf, #2)
  • Call the Coroner
  • Daddio (Horizons, #3)
K.M.Neuhold has long since been a romance junkie. When she’s not writing she’s reading or spending time snuggling with her husky or her husband. She fell in love with M/M romance last year and hasn’t been able to turn back. There’s nothing she loves more than love in all its forms.

Inked (2 books)
  • Uncomplicated (Inked #2)
“Did I expect my soulmate to have a dick? No. But, hell, my own was always fun enough to play with; now, I’ve got a spare.” 2 likes
“That boy has been in love with you for years.” 0 likes