Start by marking “Halloween Nightmares” as Want to Read:

Halloween Nightmares

(Dead Oak Terrors #1)

Welcome to Dead Oaks.

The New Home of Fear!

Something strange is happening in the sleepy, little, town of Dead Oaks, N.C. Tales of disappearances, strange deaths, murder, and mayhem have been passed down through the town’s history and are now used as scary tales to keep local children behind locked doors at night. Still, it all continues. Whatever sinister force that has its
Published February 25th 2018 by Zombie Cupcake Press

To ask other readers questions about Halloween Nightmares, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Halloween Nightmares

Shelby
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this suspenseful story due to the following reasons:
1. The authors wrote as one.
2. It kept me on my toes. I gasped a few oh-no, wows, and ahs
3. I jumped at different moments, reminded me of a classic horror, slasher, thriller movie turned into a solid novel.
Fabulous writing!
Floryie
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
The starting was on the point with a good amount of mystery and thrill. And then the way it proceeds had me intrigued.

When Mia and Tia go back for a bash, I nearly banged my head against the wall. It was such a cliche! The action started from there and I had a good time reading with bated breath and wide eyes. It was such a short read but it was a read worth the time. I went through lots of emotions in that short time.

From the get go, I was left guessing who was behind the disappearances and mu
Pam
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was great from page 1! Paranormal meets Suspense/Thriller. It had me thinking..Could it be them? Naw not that person..Wait how did that just happen..Thru the whole book. So excited this is the start of a series. This duo of authors working together write an awesome story.
Bunny
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just love this story. I love how it started out with a bit of backstory and then went into talking about the characters. It gave you a chance to absorb the info and enjoy the story at the same time. I would love to read a story of what happened the night Martin died, but either way I can't wait for more from Rena.
Alicia Freeman
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Spooky, thrilling, and adventurous

Dead Oaks always has spooky happenings, but with old friends and a Halloween party, it's a perfect mix for revenge. Marin's ghost is on the loose and there may be a person involved too! I loved this and so very happy with it that I have to go find more Rena Marin books to read.
Samantha
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
After reading and enjoying Ouija, I was eager to see where the Dead Oaks series began by reading Halloween Nightmares.
The beginning was very chilling and really set the stage for a creepy read. There was no shortage of action and fear-inducing scenes as the book went along. The twists and turns kept me on the edge of my seat. I really enjoyed this book.
Fee (Ebook Addicts)
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, read-in-2018
full review coming soon
Debbie  Victorino
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow read with the lights on!!!!!

This book really held up to what everyone was saying. And in a town called Dead Oaks, where people are coming up missing and they blame it on a ghost. Well I will just say I would never step foot in that town. During a camping trip a girl named Tiffany went missing and her friend Mia is the only person who was there. Mia left after this for 6 years. Then she and her sister came back. I don't give spoilers I will say the authors did a great job. It was well written
Danielle Suzanne DuSchene
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Welcome to Dead Oaks where nothing is as it seems. There is a killer on the loose and who knows whom the next victim will be? Tia, Mia and Austin grew up coming to Dead Oaks with their families but all that stopped when Austin's older brother, Caleb's girlfriend was abducted in front of Mia when they were 13. Since that day they have never been back. Now 5 yrs later they are back for a Halloween party that may or may not be to die for?!
I love this up and coming series. The characters are very we
Emily
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was definitely very suspenseful! I rarely watch horror movies, but I did enjoy this book! The co-authors did a great job bringing the characters to life and creating an exiting and shocking storyline!
Heather Cummings
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: women-authors
This was a fun story. Kept me guessing until the end. Looking forward to the sequels. Excited to find out more about Dead Oaks.
Valarie Venuti
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap..creepy spooky edge of your seat book!! Once you start you can't stop. The hairs on the back of your neck stand up as you try to figure out the twists & turns.
Amber
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
This was a fun, campy, thrill ride of a read. It hooked me from page one and had me staying up so I could find out the truth.
Seraphia
Welcome to Dead Oaks. This town has a dark history and this Halloween night it will come back to terrify, haunt, and tear apart several teenage lives behind a tragedy years ago. Tia and Mia have returned to their family's old cabin out by the lake where all the disappearances happened. They intend to have a fun weekend full of partying and having a good time. What they don't expect is for a snowstorm to kick up and essentially lock the entire town down. The twins have invited some friends (old a ...more
Becky Baldridge
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This first book in the world of Dead Oaks has a bit of that vibe that I remember so well from horror flicks in the late 70s / early 80s. We have a group of young people meeting up at an isolated cabin just in time for a snow storm to keep them stranded. When people start disappearing, one by one, there are lots of those moments where you find yourself talking to the characters. "Don't go out there." "Oh, no, don't split up." Considering the number of those creepy horror movies that I've watched, ...more
Shannan
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A truly spooky suspenseful read. I liked that we got some of the backstory on the night Mia saw Tiffany vanish. The authors build up the suspense and fright factor slowly as we sink into learning the world and characters. I haven't been this afraid/leery of a town since I read Fear Street as a middle schooler.

Between ghosts, humans, a past that didn't want to stay buried in the past, and freak snowstorms; you're on the edge of your page and nothing is as it seems to be.

If your imagination is a
Kim
May 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
I could not finish this book. I got to a certain point, then skipped to the end to see who the killer was. None of the characters attracted me, and, in the end, I kept losing track of who was who. The writer chooses to use the "big strong men protecting the scared little women" trope and I can't deal with that in this day and age. In skipping to the end, I did catch a scene where a female character did jump in and save the day, and that's why the book is getting two stars instead of one. I knew ...more
Amiana
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely fell in love with this book and once I started reading it, I couldn’t stop. It was amazing. Character development, plot, climax and descriptive writing were well above expected and I loved how this book was deeply interwoven. I didn’t expect the ending, although Rena Marin gave us a hint three quarters through the book, I still think it was acceptable. I don’t usually like the ending to catch up to me suddenly or too shockingly. Through and through, it was an amazing start of the se ...more
Ebony
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is AMAZING and I cannot wait for the evil that is waiting to befall the town of Dead Oaks!!!

Rena Marin and Skylar Mckinzie have outdone themselves with this story!!! I loved the mystery and danger that befell this group of teenagers as they were looking to have a bit of Halloween fun. I really thought I knew what was going to happen as I was reading...but I was so wrong!!! Nothing about this story was predictable. I was kept on my toes until the very end.

This story was haunting and im
Cyrene Olson
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mia and her sister Tia go back to their family’s cabin in Dead Oaks to host a scary Halloween party for their friends. Things don’t go to plan as they hoped. A short horror twisted book which I really enjoyed with enough terror to make a good film if given the chance. I think people of the ages 13 and upwards will enjoy reading this as much as I did. Reviewed by
K. Loomis
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you enjoy teenage slasher films (like Halloween) you will love this book. A clean story with a lovely ensemble cast, a credible build, and a nice twist at the end. An enjoyable, easy, and fun read!
Lisa
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Okay usually books don't give me the Willies but this one? This one had my heart pumping. I LOVED this book and I cannot wait for more. This was book kept me on my toes, it was a real thriller. Definitely check it out, if you dare.
McKenzie Rae
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Once this book got going, it didn't stop! It was like reading a crossover of Supernatural and Harper's Island. A quick read that was loads of fun!
Heather Allen
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hard to put down

I didn't want to stop reading because I had to find out what was going on. I can't wait to read other stories about Dead Oaks.
Tabitha Hartman
Absolutely nightmarish!

What a haunting little tale! It almost makes me not want to go stay in woods anymore! Great job Girls!!
Heather Cummings
Jul 06, 2018
Rena Marin
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Lara Jones
Sep 24, 2018
Peter
Oct 20, 2018
Andrea Bennett
Apr 24, 2019
Rena Marin was born in a small town in East Tennessee where she, her husband Daniel, and two children—Cody and Amber—still reside today.
Growing up, reading and writing her own stories was Rena’s favorite pastime. Her once-unreachable dream of becoming a published writer came true when she was in high school and found herself with many writing awards and accolades, including a short story in Reade

Dead Oak Terrors (3 books)
  • Ouija (Dead Oaks Terrors Series Book Two)
  • Slither: A Dead Oaks Terrors Tail