Start by marking “The Three Hares: Bloodline” as Want to Read:
The Three Hares: Bloodline

The Three Hares: Bloodline

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  45 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
The Adventure of a Lifetime . . .

Ethan Drake is a living legend.
If only his late father had mentioned it.

Ethan and his friends decode a series of cryptic riddles from an ancient treasure map. Their discovery entangles them in a centuries-old struggle between warring secret societies.

It soon becomes clear that Ethan is not just an adventurous teen who accidentally stumbles
ebook
Published June 1st 2018 by thewordverve inc.

To ask other readers questions about The Three Hares, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Three Hares

Ahmed  Ejaz
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, full-lengths
Perseverance trumped weakness. Every time.
This is the first middle grade book I read having no fantasy element. At least so far.
WORLD-BUILDING
It takes place in the corrupt town of Winslow Falls.
There two secret societies named, Three Hares and Red Fox. Three Hares' aim is to eliminate corruption and Red Fox's aim to do all the corruption.
CHARACTERS
Ethan Drake: He is the lead character of 14 years.
Jake & Liz: They are his friends.
Ethan and Jake love to camp and make treasure hunt
Dianne
Young readers need adventure! They need to feel part of a story that is larger than life and Geoffrey Simpson has created a most wonderful tale filled with imagination, mystery and populated it with young teens who become more than they could have ever believed!

Three teens will accidentally become part of a secret organization of protectors against evil as they uncover a special map, ancient secrets and a family legacy that Ethan Drake never knew he shared.
Ethan, Jacob and Liz will find themsel
Lauren Stoolfire
I received a free ecopy from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Ethan Drake is a living legend, but he doesn't know it. If only his late father had the time to tell him. When Ethan and his friends decode cryptic riddles from an ancient treasure map, they find themselves caught in a centuries long fight between warring secret societies. They soon realize that Ethan didn't just happen to stumble upon all of this by luck. He is the spark to ignite the resurgence.

I'm glad I had the opportun
Candace
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ethan Drake and Jacob Carter are best friends. At fifteen years old, they enjoy the outdoors, camping, and treasure map hunting. They create their own treasure maps with codes -- riddles. One day, Jacob finds an old leather satchel under a board in Ethan's attic. Inside the satchel is a golden parchment. It's a treasure map coded with riddles. The boys are eager to begin the hunt but they must study the map more closely to decipher the riddles. What treasure will they find, or is it the journey ...more
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
+Received a copy in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Geoffrey!

THE WORLD: Our messy corrupt world. The story takes place in a small town called Winslow Falls where everyone knows each other and things like unemployment are common.

CHARACTERS: The main character is Ethan Drake, a 15 year old whose dad died tragically and now lives with his mom. His best friend Jacob Carter, is always there with him and together they love going on treasure hunts, camping etc. One day, while they're playing
Megan
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So, I was given this book in exchange for an honest opinion by the author, Geoffrey Simpson. It is almost 10pm on a Saturday night as I write this review and quite honestly don't know how I am going to sleep now after reading the end of this book!! I knew from reading the description that I was going to like The Three Hares: Bloodline. I just didn't realize how much until now. There were many late night readings and punching back in late from breaks at work because of this book, but there are ab ...more
Wendy Kuzma
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chapter-books, teen
I was honored to be asked by the author to read and review this book. It is an adventure story about three teens who end up becoming part of a secret organization that has been protecting the area in which they live for hundreds of years against an enemy secret organization. The teens find a map with riddles that they solve which eventually lead them to the headquarters of this secret organization. I did enjoy this story...it is suspenseful and intense at times and is full of heroes to admire. A ...more
Tammy
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Three Hares was a very good book that I would especially recommend to young adult readers. It takes us back to a simple time when a couple of best friends can ride their bikes and play in the forests around their small town of Winslow falls. Things though are not as they seem and the boys get pulled into an adventure that is dangerous and life changing.

The story kept a good pace and Ethan, Jacob and Liz were a likeable trio and there was an interesting twist at the end.
Robert Sutton
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great page-turning read appropriate for both young adult and adult as well. Emersive and thought provoking with several twists and unexpected turns. Adventure, mystery abound all while wrapped around classic story of the fight between forces of good and evil. A great start for a new author, hope to find out more in sequels!
AziaMinor

*Actual rating 3.75*

"Those who have desire to find change, in a place which is rooted in evil,
will search till the ends of the human condition"

This was a hard one because although it was a good read, it was difficult to finish it. This book is definitely for the middle school age group. The story is a pretty common one. Two friends set out on an adventure to save their hometown from bad people wanting to use it for their own selfish reasons.

The riddles and plot made this book in my opinion. E
Blackandred04
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was great, I loved it. I think the characters where well written and the story was amazing. This book was full of twist and Turns and I read it in one day, took me out of my reading slump real quick. I'm going to just say now, Liz is the best. And thank you Geoffrey Simpson for sending my a free eBook to read and review! I'm not good an reviews though, so sorry if this is bad and short.
Ruth
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent story about a secret map, an old watch, and two boys bored with summer vacation. If you live in a small town entertainment is often made by the depth and breadth of imagination. A young boy Ethan comes from a home that is very stressful. His mother is in the depths of depression after his father's death in a car accident ; his grandmother is in a nursing home with dementia. Jack his friend, schoolmate, and codirector of various games of building forts, camping out for days in the woods ...more
Kelly Gamache
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of an e-book from Author Geoffrey Simpson in exchange for an honest review!

The Three Hares:Bloodline captured my attention from the very beginning of the book! I knew from the first couple of chapters that I was in for quite an adventure!! Upon discovering a treasure map, Ethan and his friends unravel the adventure of a lifetime complete with secret societies, battles, and mysteries.

This is the perfect book for a lover of mystery and adventure! I got an awesome Indiana Jones m
Nannette Demmler
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
This book starts off a little slow, but once you get past that you are in for great adventure story that will keep you guessing what will happen next. There are heroes, villains and even an honorable assassin, which will entertain and keep you wanting more.

Both Ethan and Jacob make a great team. They share a bond that can only come from going out on boy type adventures, like camping, biking and fishing. They create treasure maps with riddles and puzzles for each other to solve. So when they fin
Rachel Robins
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent first offering from Simpson; I'm looking forward to the rest of the series! Great book for middle readers...especially reluctant readers. "The Three Hares" is an adventure read where Ethan, a boy who's recently lost his father, decodes some intense riddles on an ancient treasure map with his best friend. Ethan soon discovers that his ancestors founded a secret society sworn to defeat a force of evil that is now threatening to overtake his city. Add in a girl, a mastermind evil genius, ...more
Vee
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
I was given a free ecopy for an honest review

I have not once written a dishonest review and I won't start now. This is a debut novel and i give many congrats to the author and everyone involved. But, this book was simply not for me.

A positive element that I could distinguish and appreciate was the originality. I saw what the author was trying to achieve, wether it worked for me or not, the plot was unique and it had potential. The goal was a combination of fantasy and modern politics.

Sadly,
Hilary Fudge
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
At a first glance, the cover art for this book drew me in - although the title threw me off and so did the cover. I thought the rust on the hares was blood and with bloodline in the title I was expecting a horror story. I was glad that I was wrong on both those aspects.

Likes: I think the story is well told, it reminds me of an episode of Scooby Doo (meddling kids solving crimes). There was a lot of action and mystery and being an upper middle grade/ya book, it was easy to read and follow along w
Mike
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I would like to thank Net Galley for my copy of The Three Hares: Bloodline by Geoffrey Simpson. I read this book with my grandson age 11 over Spring Break. We both liked the book very much. A tale of good versus evil. The book was well wrote and flowed very well. My grandson loved Ethan (his favorite character) and his two friends. The book is full of adventure and fast moving. He is looking forward to another adventure of this type.
Danielle
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I had the pleasure of receiving this book from the author, and I absolutely loved it.
You follow the story of Ethan, Jacob and their new friend Liz who just wanted to pass the summer and stumble across a treasure map. Little did they know that their world would turn upside down.

The characters were amazing, you really felt for Ethan, with all the tragedy in his life and the comping mechanisms him and his mom had adapted are so true. You love Jacobs loyalty to his lifelong friend and Liz she seem
Audrey Raj
Update (27th September 2018): I decided to change my rating to 3.5 stars. When finished this book I was decently impressed by it, being a debut novel. However I then read some other authors’ debut novels and found that this was the most obviously debut out of all of them. Not to say I didn’t enjoy this book any less, I just feel like I have to dock a few points for not feeling as sophisticated as other debut novels I’ve read recently.

This book was the breath of fresh air I needed after reading s
Kid Book Reviewer
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thoughts: This book surprised me. After I finished the first chapter of The Three Hares: Bloodline, I thought it would be okay. However, by chapter six I started to eat my words because it was turning out to be an amazing, fun, exciting book. I love how Geoffrey Simpson was able to create such an interesting and creative book. I also enjoyed how the town the main characters lived in, turned less from a town and more a war-zone. Another thing I appreciated in this book was all the superb battle ...more
Theresa Grissom
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thanks to the author for an ARC of this book!

Being a fan of mysteries, I did enjoy this book. Fairly fast paced, it will keep the attention of students. I think this book will be good with high readers in upper elementary (there is just a little bit of language) or young adult. The ending leaves me anxious for the next book.
Marian
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Marian by: Geoffrey Simpson
Shelves: agent-a-m-read
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

SPOILERS

My tween and I just finished reading the story together. We both LOVED it and would definitely recommend it. We can't wait to read the next book in the series. The story was very engaging - two secret societies diametrically opposed. One (Red Fox) motivated by greed, money, and power. The other (The Three Hares) out to prevent Red Fox from destroying the town. The story of good vs evil run throughout.

My tween was excit
Tonja Drecker
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Adventure, treasure maps, puzzles, secret societies and heroic moments make this a tale to thoroughly enjoy.

At the start of this tale, Ethan his best friend Jacob, are 14 years old and enjoying the good life in the nature camping and seeking adventure. When they return to their homes, Ethan's father announces he's giving up his job to stop an evil politician from becoming mayor. The father dies. A year later, Ethan and Jacob discover a treasure map in the attic which leads to a cave. And that's
Barb Dixon Palmieri
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
I obtained a digital copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Honestly? When I started reading this book I was also in the middle of reading 4 kids books for an event at our bookstore. I went back and forth between books for a couple days but then something happened. I put the other books down and just read this one.

The book starts out with Ethan and his friend camping. They enjoy their little adventures and like playing their treasure hunting game. In those early momen
Suzanne
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Three Hares Bloodline was an epic book about friendship and the importance of never giving up. Ethan’s adventurous and extremely witted character helps the book’s readers to be drawn into the mysterious events of Winslow Falls. The book’s author draws it’s readers into the story make them feel like they are there and part of the adventure. What a great read! We cannot wait for the next book in the series!
David Simpson
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read it in one sitting with the idea that my young grandson would enjoy it. I’m now sure he will. The adventures of the characters reminds me of my youth.
Get a copy for your own young reader. He or she will not be disappointed.
Sammie
Sep 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-2018
Disclaimer: I received an eARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Overall Thoughts:

The blurb for this book caught my interest right off the bat, and I thought it sounded like a really cute mix between an adventure and a low-key mystery ... and I was kind of right? I am NOT the target audience for mid-grade books (obviously), but I have a daughter who is, so I end up reading a bunch of mid-grade. This book was cute, but it felt like more of a miss for both of us. In the end, I think
Jim
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This started to get interesting early on - with subtle themes of getting involved in community issues (and politics) instead of sitting back and complaining.

Then there’s this quote in the second chapter:

Those who have desire to find change, in a place which is rooted in evil, will search till the ends of the human condition.

I was intrigued - which made me want to keep reading.

The story itself was a lot of fun and engrossing - I’d recommend it. But I like the weaving of the subtle issue that
Melanie Dulaney
Aug 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This opener for a five book series definitely left me wondering how quickly Mr. Simpson would be finishing books 2-5! From the beginning, I could already picture the types of kids on my middle grades campuses who would enjoy how best friends Jacob and Ethan create puzzle-filled treasure maps and spend so much time outdoors. Then Ethan’s dad is killed, his mom goes into a depression, their town’s unemployment soars leaving it ripe for the taking by corrupt businessmen, and I was totally hooked. T ...more
Geoffrey Drew Simpson

Born: February 1978, Cleveland, Ohio.
—The winter of the White Hurricane.

Geoffrey Simpson was born and raised in Avon Lake, just outside Cleveland, Ohio. From an early age, he connected with nature through camping, building forts, fishing, and treasure hunts.

After graduating from Kent State University, building a career in program management, and growing a family of two boys,
“Descend into darkness and a choice from two shall be made. One will shed light upon your way, the other, darkness will forever stay.” 1 likes
“He who seeks The Three Hares shall see through shadowed deception, reside within deeds of golden, and wage war upon the unjust.” 0 likes