Start by marking “Eve of Man (Eve of Man, #1)” as Want to Read:
Eve of Man (Eve of Man, #1)

Eve of Man

(Eve of Man #1)

AGAINST ALL ODDS, SHE SURVIVED.
THE FIRST GIRL BORN IN FIFTY YEARS.
THEY CALLED HER EVE . . .

All her life Eve has been kept away from the opposite sex. Kept from the truth of her past.

But at sixteen it's time for Eve to face her destiny. Three potential males have been selected for her. The future of humanity is in her hands. She's always accepted her fate.

Until she meets
Published May 31st 2018 by Michael Joseph (first published 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Eve of Man, please sign up.
Siobhan Not for the protagonists. I saw one nod to it, when they're going by boat there is a mention of men kissing, but it's pretty blink-and-you'll-miss it.…moreNot for the protagonists. I saw one nod to it, when they're going by boat there is a mention of men kissing, but it's pretty blink-and-you'll-miss it.

And if you count it, the time Eve tried to kiss Bram through the hologram he was using of a girl called Holly. But it's a little nuanced when she's kissing an illusion knowing it's a boy piloting a girl.(less)

Start your review of Eve of Man (Eve of Man, #1)
Sara
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Eve is the first female to be born in 50 years. In an ageing world destroyed by man, shes raised away from the conflict in the dome - a paradise of school lessons, dancing and talking to her AI friend Holly. But theres more to Holly than meets the eyes. As Eve approaches her 16th birthday, can she accept her inevitable fate as the saviour of her race, or will a forbidden love force secrets out into the open?

I tried to like this, I
TeaAndBooks
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
THAT ENDING THOUGH
I NEED MORE
Deborah
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 to 4*

The blurb intrigued me and my first thought was the incredible Children of Men. The difference is in Children of Men no children had been born for eighteen years. Whereas in Eve of Man its been 50 years since the last baby girl was born.

Without females the human race was facing extinction and by the time Eve was born the earth was a mess. Men living without hope of a future have abused the world beyond imagination. Overconsumption of fossil fuels accelerated global warming.

Then came
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
81qiJ7rmhwL

ARC BOOK REVIEW
Release Date-31/5/18

This really appealed to me the idea of a dystopian landscape where female births have decimated to the point where the last XX Birth in fifty years is the honour of one young girl aptly name Eve.
Unsurprisingly she is one hot commodity; kept segregated from the common masses in the tower with the Mothers; Aged woman who have made it there lives vocation to raise her.
Eve is raised with the ideals that she alone is the last hope for humanity; a heavy
Karoliina
May 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: sci-fi, netgalley
I received an ARC through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

There are number of things in Eve of Man that left me feeling deeply uncomfortable, and that really took away any enjoyment I might have gotten from the story otherwise. Before I get into why I disliked this book, first I want to acknowledge that there are fun sci-fi concepts in here that I found imaginative and novel, and I especially liked how the futuristic technology is actually central to the plot. There is also a
Deborah
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

3.5 to 4*

Then came
Jessikah Hope
Jun 03, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction, 2018
I wanted to like this book because I think Tom and Gi are fantastic people and I expected to like it because Gi is a talented adult writer. However, I could not click with this book.

The first half was okay. From the first page, I was nervous it wasnt quite my taste. The writing is very simplistic and abrupt but in a way that doesnt engage me. The story is very much told to you so theres not a lot of clues you need to pay attention to and sadly, that left me bored. At this point, though, it was a
mary
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
"I guess reality is just the world with which we are presented."

I. AM. OBSESSED! A million stars! Eve of Man is going to be one of my highlights of 2018!

I started it yesterday and I only put it down because I was half asleep. The synopsis already sounded very engaging to me, I love books about future worlds and this one I liked very much.
I received an ARC via netgalley for an honest review and I'm so happy and thankful that I got the chance to read it. It'll be published on May 31, 2018.

From
Lucy Banks
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Bold, imaginative and cinematic - but a few question-marks over the credibility of the plot.

Yes, it's a dystopian book. And let's face it, there are rather a few of them around at the moment. However, this definitely stood out from the crowd, thanks to its inventive approach and strong, confident writing.

Eve is the last young female on earth. As this statement implies, the human race has pretty much wrecked itself,
Kirsty ❤️
Oct 20, 2018 rated it liked it
I haven't read a young adult dystopian novel in a very long time. I got so fed up of the very twee love angles that every author threw in and as a woman in her mid-40's I wanted  more out of a book (which is fine, they're not written for me). I choose this to have another try simply because of the authors and it hasn't really made me want to start reading these books again.

I found it to be a book of two halves and I didn't really enjoy the first half. I felt it took too long to get going, there
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Eve of Man Review on K-Books <- goes live on June 27, 2018

"I guess reality is just the world with which we are presented."

Eve of Man is a book that I was super excited about since the moment I first heard about it. I already adore Giovanna Fletcher's books so when I heard she and Tom were writing a YA Dystopia series I couldn't wait. I absolutely adore YA Dystopia books. Eve of Man sounded amazing and I knew I would love it... and I wasn't wrong. It was everything I could have wanted and
Tucker

Many thanks to Random House Books for Young Readers for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review

AGAINST ALL ODDS, SHE SURVIVED.
THE FIRST GIRL BORN IN FIFTY YEARS.
THEY CALLED HER EVE . . .

A really creative dystopia idea that fell short. Not to say that its bad but its wasnt mind blowingly good.

So, whats this book about
This book follows Eve the last girl on the planet. She is now of age and must start to basically re-populate the word. But theres one issue. She doesnt want to. She
Bookish Penguin
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 08-august, dystopian
I mean I guess I have a controversial opinion?? Because let's face it: Eve should reproduce. And that pretty fast and she should give birth to many many girls. Becauuseeee otherwise the whole humanity is damned.
I understand that she wants to live a good life and love and so and and so on. But the whole world? Come on. It's shitty and all but I thought she understood. I thought everyone did but apparently it's better to not reproduce? Whatever
This was my key issue with this book. I loved the
Clara
2.5 ⭐

Well... That was a total let down. It could have been so much more, yet it wasnt. I know its the first book in a series but we learned nothing about the world the characters lived in and it was pretty cliché. Plus the whole men/women dynamic was based on stereotypes, which made me roll my eyes more than once. Im really sad I didnt like it as I have adored the authors for half of my life and will forever admire them, but this book didnt work out for me.
Jen
May 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Loved the idea for this book and think the title is very clever.

Both the main characters Eve and Bram have really distinctive voices and we feel for each of them in their own way.

It's nice that even though we spend the majority of time within the Tower we still get a sense of the growing pains of the outside world.

Some elements of the story felt quite contrived and the language was almost too simple for a young adult book which sometimes made the story feel more slow/boring than it actually
Kayleigh
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
From the moment I heard about this book I was really intrigued by the whole concept of the story.
Its a dystopian like none Ive ever read before built on the premise of only boys being born in decades, Eve being the first girl born in fifty years and her duty to help humanity survive.

I loved it!
Its written in a way that keeps you glued to the pages and the characters are written so well, I adore Eve and Bram!

The story flows easily and has you rooting for the good guys throughout and Im so glad
Tasha
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Meet Eve. The first girl to be born in 50 years. The saviour of all humanity. The hope for the future.

Set in a dystopian world that has been destroyed by climate change, Eve of Man tells a story of how suddenly girls stopped being born. Boys were born safe and healthy but no girls. Tests and experiments were performed but to no avail.

And then comes Eve. The first girl to be born in 50 years. The hope the world had been waiting for. The girl with the power to save the world.

Eve is a great main
Abby
Jan 11, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: would-read-again
3.5/5

Since Giovanna Fletcher is a more contemporary author, I was curious to see how she would do with a science fiction book. And honestly, it was pretty good. So we have a civilization that has only birthed males for 50 years. Enter Eve, the first female born after that time. She's been sheltered her entire life, protected as the savior of humanity. We also have Bram, operator of the AI simulation that acts as Eve's best friend. He's grown close to her through the years, but only sees her
Dorine
Aug 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobooks, 2018
I finished this book today and immediately wrote a review, no endless procrastination this time! I'm kinda proud about that haha.

Do you ever read a book and think, this would make such a cool movie?
That's what I felt while reading this book. I personally like my dystopian's as movies, the stories usually work great on the big screen. I would love to see the visuals of this book especially Holly, Eve's holographic friend, would be really interesting to see visualised.

Let me first say that I love
Natalie
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
- Short but sweet non-spoiler review -

Really enjoyed this!
Took me a while to read it because of university but this was a really cool concept. Although the protagonists - Eve, especially - had their teenage moments that had me like 'okay, seriously?', I felt that they developed well and were good characters to read about! Had a gripping story and I really liked the writing, I was definitely intrigued about Tom Fletcher's storytelling. I've been a fan of McFly since day 1 and I was excited to
Ema Smith
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
O M G give me the next book now......please 😭
A million stars!

I loved this book from the very start to the very end!!
Every chapter left me wanting more.
Perfectly written, fantastic story and characters!
Again another book with two character perspectives and it works so well!
If you have been wondering........
Do I pick it up.........
YES.....YES you should!
👌❤
Elaine
My immediate reaction after finishing reading this was to post a tweet tagging the authors:

"Anyone else hate it when you're reading a brilliant story, totally engrossed in it, desperate to know what happens next and you see those three dreadful words:

To be continued . . . .

Argh!!! Eve of Man by @TomFletcher and @MrsGiFletcher - I need the next two books now, please!!"

I still need those next books, please!

This is a dystopian story in which no girls have been born for fifty years, well, no girls
Ashleigh
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pretty good. Nothing too outrageous but i like the idea and characters enough to want to keep on reading. I would be keen to keep reading the series also.
Aoife
I received a free digital copy of this book from the publishers/author via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Imagine a world full of men and no women. Thats what the future looks like when no female babies are born for over 50 years until Eve. Sixteen years later, Eve has grown up in a paradise created just for her, and shes ready to embark on her mission to save the species. But how much of what she has been told is a lie, and is she really with the people who want whats best for her?

I
Philip Bailey
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, I thought that the pace was great, leaving you wanting to keep reading at the end of each chapter.
Katie Carter
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Whens the next book due out.....love a cliffhanger ending but Im desperate to read more of the story. Great book ...more
Lulai
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
4,5 stars
I loved this novel, the concept of the book is ingenious and realistic. Eve is a very endearing character and I can not wait to find out more.
Samm | Sassenach the Book Wizard
Holy CRAP this book was fan!tas!tic!

The pace is just non-stop and it brings up some interesting questions we're arguing about today when it comes to reproductive rights and how we treat the Earth. Eve and Bram were so enjoyable as POVs to read from. SO ENJOYABLE. Eve isn't stupidly dense and timid from being sheltered. Awesome. Definitely going to pick up book two when it comes out
Maria
May 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
While I thought that the premise and the first chapter were intriguing, this soon became another typical dystopian YA novel and by now I'm just really over that.

I can see the appeal for the target audience, I really can. But since I'm not part of it, I didn't really enjoy this book.

• When The Curtain Falls
  • Wilde About The Girl (Robin Wilde #2)
  • In the Time We Lost
  • The Christmasaurus and the Winter Witch
  • All That She Can See
  • On the Other Side
  • The Creakers
  • Von Sternen gekrönt (One True Queen, #1)
  • Wilde Women
  • Die fantastischen Abenteuer der Christmas Company
  • Twas the Nightshift Before Christmas
  • Erbin der Finsternis (Lovely Curse #1)
  • If You Could Go Anywhere
  • Le Clan des Serpents (La Légende des Quatre, #3)
  • Five Years From Now
  • Falling Skye - Kannst du deinem Verstand trauen?
  • Schwingen aus Rauch und Gold (Ashes and Souls, #1)
  • The Christmasaurus
Giovanna grew up in Essex with her Italian dad Mario, mum Kim, big sister Giorgina and little brother Mario, and spent most of her childhood talking to herself (it seems no one wanted to listen) or reading books.

At thirteen she left Essex behind to attend the full-time Sylvia Young Theatre School, where she met her husband Tom Fletcher. Following SYTS she completed an acting BA (hons) at Rose

Eve of Man (3 books)
  • The Eve Illusion (Eve of Man, #2)
  • Untitled (Eve of Man, #3)