Start by marking “Eve of Man” as Want to Read:
Eve of Man

Eve of Man

(Eve of Man Trilogy #1)

AGAINST ALL ODDS, SHE SURVIVED.
THE FIRST GIRL BORN IN FIFTY YEARS.
THEY CALLED HER EVE . . .

All her life Eve has been kept away from the opposite sex. Kept from the truth of her past.

But at sixteen it's time for Eve to face her destiny. Three potential males have been selected for her. The future of humanity is in her hands. She's always accepted her fate.

Until she meets Br
Published May 31st 2018 by Michael Joseph

To ask other readers questions about Eve of Man, please sign up.
Bookjunk That would have been a cool twist, but no. There are hints of it because the male love interest initially communicates with the main character through…moreThat would have been a cool twist, but no. There are hints of it because the male love interest initially communicates with the main character through a female hologram, but that's about it. (less)

Sara
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Eve is the first female to be born in 50 years. In an ageing world destroyed by man, she’s raised away from the conflict in the ‘dome’ - a paradise of school lessons, dancing and talking to her AI ‘friend’ Holly. But there’s more to Holly than meets the eyes. As Eve approaches her 16th birthday, can she accept her inevitable fate as the saviour of her race, or will a forbidden love force secrets out into the open?

I tried to like th
Deborah
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 to 4*

The blurb intrigued me and my first thought was the incredible Children of Men. The difference is in Children of Men no children had been born for eighteen years. Whereas in Eve of Man it’s been 50 years since the last baby girl was born.

Without females the human race was facing extinction and by the time Eve was born the earth was a mess. Men living without hope of a future have abused the world beyond imagination. Overconsumption of fossil fuels accelerated global warming.

Then came t
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
81qiJ7rmhwL

ARC BOOK REVIEW
Release Date-31/5/18

This really appealed to me the idea of a dystopian landscape where female births have decimated to the point where the last XX Birth in fifty years is the honour of one young girl aptly name Eve.
Unsurprisingly she is one hot commodity; kept segregated from the common masses in the tower with the Mothers; Aged woman who have made it there lives vocation to raise her.
Eve is raised with the ideals that she alone is the last hope for humanity; a heavy responsibilit
Deborah
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

3.5 to 4*

Then came t
marysscript
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
"I guess reality is just the world with which we are presented."

I. AM. OBSESSED! A million stars! Eve of Man is going to be one of my highlights of 2018!

I started it yesterday and I only put it down because I was half asleep. The synopsis already sounded very engaging to me, I love books about future worlds and this one I liked very much.
I received an ARC via netgalley for an honest review and I'm so happy and thankful that I got the chance to read it. It'll be published on May 31, 2018.

From th
Jessikah Stenson
Jun 03, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, science-fiction
I wanted to like this book because I think Tom and Gi are fantastic people and I expected to like it because Gi is a talented adult writer. However, I could not click with this book.

The first half was okay. From the first page, I was nervous it wasn’t quite my taste. The writing is very simplistic and abrupt but in a way that doesn’t engage me. The story is very much told to you so there’s not a lot of clues you need to pay attention to and sadly, that left me bored. At this point, though, it wa
Karoliina
May 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: sci-fi, netgalley
I received an ARC through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

There are number of things in Eve of Man that left me feeling deeply uncomfortable, and that really took away any enjoyment I might have gotten from the story otherwise. Before I get into why I disliked this book, first I want to acknowledge that there are fun sci-fi concepts in here that I found imaginative and novel, and I especially liked how the futuristic technology is actually central to the plot. There is also a believab
Lucy Banks
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Bold, imaginative and cinematic - but a few question-marks over the credibility of the plot.

Yes, it's a dystopian book. And let's face it, there are rather a few of them around at the moment. However, this definitely stood out from the crowd, thanks to its inventive approach and strong, confident writing.

Eve is the last young female on earth. As this statement implies, the human race has pretty much wrecked itself, a
Kirsty 📚📖❤️
I haven't read a young adult dystopian novel in a very long time. I got so fed up of the very twee love angles that every author threw in and as a woman in her mid-40's I wanted  more out of a book (which is fine, they're not written for me). I choose this to have another try simply because of the authors and it hasn't really made me want to start reading these books again.

I found it to be a book of two halves and I didn't really enjoy the first half. I felt it took too long to get going, there
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Eve of Man Review on K-Books <- goes live on June 27, 2018

"I guess reality is just the world with which we are presented."

Eve of Man is a book that I was super excited about since the moment I first heard about it. I already adore Giovanna Fletcher's books so when I heard she and Tom were writing a YA Dystopia series I couldn't wait. I absolutely adore YA Dystopia books. Eve of Man sounded amazing and I knew I would love it... and I wasn't wrong. It was everything I could have wanted and mo
Jen
May 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Loved the idea for this book and think the title is very clever.

Both the main characters Eve and Bram have really distinctive voices and we feel for each of them in their own way.

It's nice that even though we spend the majority of time within the Tower we still get a sense of the growing pains of the outside world.

Some elements of the story felt quite contrived and the language was almost too simple for a young adult book which sometimes made the story feel more slow/boring than it actually wa
Kayleigh
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
From the moment I heard about this book I was really intrigued by the whole concept of the story.
It’s a dystopian like none I’ve ever read before built on the premise of only boys being born in decades, Eve being the first girl born in fifty years and her duty to help humanity survive.

I loved it!
It’s written in a way that keeps you glued to the pages and the characters are written so well, I adore Eve and Bram!

The story flows easily and has you rooting for the good guys throughout and I’m so gla
Dorine
Aug 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobooks, 2018
I finished this book today and immediately wrote a review, no endless procrastination this time! I'm kinda proud about that haha.

Do you ever read a book and think, this would make such a cool movie?
That's what I felt while reading this book. I personally like my dystopian's as movies, the stories usually work great on the big screen. I would love to see the visuals of this book especially Holly, Eve's holographic friend, would be really interesting to see visualised.

Let me first say that I love
Elaine
My immediate reaction after finishing reading this was to post a tweet tagging the authors:

"Anyone else hate it when you're reading a brilliant story, totally engrossed in it, desperate to know what happens next and you see those three dreadful words:

To be continued . . . .

Argh!!! Eve of Man by @TomFletcher and @MrsGiFletcher - I need the next two books now, please!!"

I still need those next books, please!

This is a dystopian story in which no girls have been born for fifty years, well, no girls e
Ema Smith
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
O M G give me the next book now......please 😭
A million stars!

I loved this book from the very start to the very end!!
Every chapter left me wanting more.
Perfectly written, fantastic story and characters!
Again another book with two character perspectives and it works so well!
If you have been wondering........
Do I pick it up.........
YES.....YES you should!
👌❤
Ashleigh Goodman
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pretty good. Nothing too outrageous but i like the idea and characters enough to want to keep on reading. I would be keen to keep reading the series also.
Marcia
Ik was geintrigeerd door de premisse van 'Eve of Man' - een wereld waarin voor het eerst sinds 50 jaar een meisje wordt klinkt als het geniale begin van een spannend post-apocalyptisch verhaal. Helaas viel de uitwerking me enorm tegen. Pas de laatste 50 à 100 pagina's wordt het een beetje spannend, daarvoor is het vooral uitleg en world building en gezwijmel. Dit is typisch zo'n eerste boek in een serie waarin er super weinig gebeurt maar dat je net nieuwsgierig genoeg maakt om het volgende boek ...more
Aoife
I received a free digital copy of this book from the publishers/author via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Imagine a world full of men and no women. That’s what the future looks like when no female babies are born for over 50 years until Eve. Sixteen years later, Eve has grown up in a paradise created just for her, and she’s ready to embark on her mission to save the species. But how much of what she has been told is a lie, and is she really with the people who want what’s best for he
Suzanna E. Leonard
De eerste 150 bladzijden slepen te lang aan, maar daarna wordt het beter, al wordt het nergens echt spectaculair. Niet kernachtig genoeg en daardoor halen de auteurs er niet helemaal uit wat erin zat en blijft het bij een doorsnee YA.
Amelia

3.5 Stars

It was nice to read a YA book set somewhere other than America for once. The premise is an interesting one - reproductive rights are often a focus of adult dystopian tales but not YA so it was nice to see someone push the boundaries of the genre a little. The writing is decent. The romance isn't cloying and there's no love triangle. The heroine's relationship with her surrogate mothers is touching. Why not four stars, then? The trouble is, quite frankly, The Handmaid's Tale.

The Handmai
Katie Bogue
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When’s the next book due out.....love a cliffhanger ending but I’m desperate to read more of the story. Great book
Lulai
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
4,5 stars
I loved this novel, the concept of the book is ingenious and realistic. Eve is a very endearing character and I can not wait to find out more.
Rebekka Hindbo
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this book. It's an exciting concept and the execution is great! I liked both main characters and the fact that it is not an instalove story. I can't wait for the next book.
Getter
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
My initial thoughts on this book were 4,5 rating worth, but I've thought about it now and think it's more of a 4 star book to me.
I haven't read dystopian in a while and this was just the right mix of horrific and thrilling. While the premise is what lead me to this book first, the easy writing style (for me at least), kept me going.
The characters have distinct voices, but they do realise things very quickly and think of all the options. In a way this makes no sense, but at the same time, it's re
Jenny (Bookbookowl)
Sep 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Actual rating 3.5 stars

Eve of Man is set in a dystopian world where only boys have been born for the last 50 years, setting humans up for extinction, until a woman's surprise pregnancy results in the birth of Eve.  She is kept completely segregated from the rest of the world, in a highly secure tower for protection, because Eve is the only chance the world has for repopulation.  Now that Eve is 16, it's time for her to be introduced to her potential mates, but Eve has fallen in love with Bram, w
Faroukh Naseem
Jul 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
Book Review: Eve of Man (Thank you @penguinukbooks for sending me a copy!)
Giovanna and Tom Fletcher collaborate to bring us the story of Eve and Bram.
The premise:
The premise is very interesting, Eve is the first girl to be born in 50 years and obviously all eyes are on her in hopes that she can carry forward the human race once she comes of age. Eve is taken care of by a corporation based in a tower where she lives in ‘The Dome’ and is disconnected from the outer world. The only friend she has
Danielle
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
I picked this book up SO many times, and looked it up on Goodreads for ages before I read the first chapter. I wanted to be sure I would actually like it before I paid good money for it and spent my precious time reading it.

So I read the prologue and the first chapter, and was absolutely blown away! I loved the writing style, and the characters seemed interesting. Sure, the Science was inevitably going to bother me, but it looked like a cute YA romance with a bit of depth. Sure enough, the firs
Alicia Ingram
May 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Realistically probably a 3.5

So the premise of this is somewhat interesting. No girls born for 50 years and then, BAM, baby Eve crops up. Will she save us, will she not - cue YA dystopian trilogy.

I liked how the romance seemed believable and a lot less contrived than many other books of this genre. For the most part the pace was good too.

Maybe I'm nit picking but I think my cons outway the pros. To me, it felt like the authors had a list of things that happen in a YA book and were just throwing
Is this just another crossover between children of men and handmaid's tale 2 14 May 31, 2018 01:57PM
Giovanna grew up in Essex with her Italian dad Mario, mum Kim, big sister Giorgina and little brother Mario, and spent most of her childhood talking to herself (it seems no one wanted to listen) or reading books.

At thirteen she left Essex behind to attend the full-time Sylvia Young Theatre School, where she met her husband Tom Fletcher. Following SYTS she completed an acting BA (hons) at Rose Bruf