Start by marking “Undying (Unearthed, #2)” as Want to Read:
Undying (Unearthed, #2)

Undying

(Unearthed #2)

Trapped aboard the Undying's ancient spaceship and reeling from what they've learned there, scavenger Mia and academic Jules are plunged into a desperate race to warn their home planet of the danger humanity's greed has unleashed. From the mountains of Spain to the streets of Prague, the sequel to Unearthed is a white-knuckle ride that will send readers hurtling back to ea ...more
Published December 1st 2018 by Allen & Unwin (first published November 28th 2018)

Jenna
Apr 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
I MAV3RIQ Imaveriq GIF - IMAV3RIQ Imaveriq Eh GIFs

What a let down of a sequel. The first book Unearthed was a fun and interesting read, Sci-Fi Lite and not overly young adult-ish. This book is the opposite and could have just been condensed into a couple chapters, added to the end of the first book. This is very much Young Adult fiction and not very much science fiction. It's a teen action and romance story with a space ship thrown in. Shouldn't even be classified as science fiction. If you're a young adult aficionado, you will probably enjoy t
 Amelia
Feb 08, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
See that pile of disappointment over there? Yeah, that's me.

I don't know why the authors decided to go this way for this book but it was all so...meh. The first book, Unearthed is really "Indiana Jones in space" with exploring, temples, artifacts, traps etc. This book is "angsty teens go on a trip across Europe because they are The Only Ones Who Can Save Earth™ ". It's a completely different book/theme than the first one.

I'm gonna keep this review short because honestly, I don't have the will t
Veronique
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, stars-4-0
After the bombshell of the ending of Unearthed, and all the resulting questions, there was no doubt that I was going to read this second and last instalment.

Once more the narrative is divided between Jules and Mia, this time trying to save Earth from the Undying’s invasion. Although I really enjoyed all the puzzles in the first book, as well as our main two protagonists, I felt this novel was better, even with the few obvious aspects. Yes, it is ‘younger’ in tone than Illuminae and not as brilli
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
5/25/18
Love the cover! Serious sci-fi feels and still on the theme with the previous cover. This is the consistency I need.
---
2/22/18
Okay, so I tried to find this book on Amazon and Bookdepository but nothing came up. Tried to check Amie's website and it just says this book will be out 2018. Like, I need more concrete news on this!
---
I literally just finished Unearthed and I need this sequel now! I did not realize it was a duology, but at least I know the story won't drag on.

Sidenote: Is thi
Justine
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-read
3.5 stars rounded up

I actually liked this conclusion to Unearthed better than the first book. Sure the explanations involved a bit of hand-wavium, but the story was pretty good and overall I enjoyed it.
Fiona
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Undying is part two of the Unearthed duology, and finishes the series in epic style.

Yes, this is YA, so there's a certain amount of making googly eyes while the world burns going on. But it's handled better than in many series, and even called out by one of the new characters we get to meet, so I'll forgive it. And definite bonus points for not trying to stretch this into a trilogy.

I did miss the archaeology and the puzzles from the first book - that was a lot of what really ticked my boxes whe
Maggie ☘ (Wonderland-Reader)
May 26, 2018 marked it as tbr-highly-interested  ·  review of another edition
Love the cover! Way better than the first one, but still consistent with the theme.
Lara (Bookish_turtle)
THEY RECAPPED BOOK 1 AT THE START BLESS THANK YOU SO MUCH I LITERALLY FORGOT EVERYTHING THAT HAD HAPPENED ILYSM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the rest of the book was also AMAAAAAAAAAAZING!!!!

Jules and Mia are so idiotic and precious i love

But srsly, what a ship!!!

And the plot is just awesome as well, just in general the everything about this book yassssssssssss

So much twistiness and I thought I had it all figured out and I didn't so wOW

I just felt like it was missing something?? Idk why exactly this didn
rachel
Nov 17, 2017 marked it as radar
#1) Unearthed ★★★☆☆

BlogGoodreadsTwitterInstagram
Griffin
Book one was the awesome space archaeology adventure of my dreams, book two is basically a contemporary teenage romance across Europe. THIS IS NOT WHAT I SIGNED UP FOR HOW DO WE GO BACK
Jeann (Happy Indulgence)
This review originally appears on Happy Indulgence Books! Check it out for more reviews.

I really enjoyed the sequel to Unearthed, especially seeing what lies in the fate of Jules and Mia at the end of the last book. It was interesting seeing them come back to Earth and navigate the competing agendas of the Undying and the politics on Earth. There's definitely a lot less romance here, I still liked Jules and Mia together (and also separately) and there was also a sense of urgency like from the fi
Adah Udechukwu
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Undying is a spectacular sequel.
Carlos
3.5 stars. I loved this series , but I think the first book was a lot better than its conclusion. It felt like everything went too fast and the conclusion felt simple and rushed . It had a lot of promise with the premise of it all. While I still liked the ending I kind of feel like it could have been so much better! . Oh well , looking forward to what both of its authors come up with in the near future.
Lexi // libraryoflexi
4.5 Stars!

I received a copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review!
While I still loved Undying, it was just missing a tiny smidgen of the awesomeness that was Unearthed (Massive props to the quick recap at the front of Undying. That was an actual life saver!).

But first, can I just say, that I didn't actually realise it was the conclusion? Or maybe I was just pretending to not notice because I didn't want another series to finish.

I love love love Mia and Jules. They are so well writt
Rekha
Jan 20, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: get-to-soon
I don't know what it is about this book, but it felt very mediocre. I loved the beginning, but after that it just got repetitive, and extremely predictable.

BTW they recapped the first book at the beginning which was SUCH a good idea. Every sequel should do this!

Update: 26/05
That. Cover. Is. Gorgeous.

At this point, it's just my own fault that I have to wait till 2019. Tbh I should just wait until the whole series is released. I should DEFINITELY not read books right after they are released. It j
Lacy
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Undying felt like an entirely different story than the Alien Davinci Code from Unearthed. Unearthed
was a mess but it was fun. This book lacked that. 😔
Tucker (TuckerTheReader)
Feb 17, 2019 marked it as review-copies-to-read  ·  review of another edition

Many thanks to Disney Hyperion for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review

| Goodreads | Blog | Twitch | Pinterest |
Nicki Chapelway
Whaaaat???? This released already? Why did nobody tell me??? And here I have been waiting for it when I didn't even have to!
Brittany (The Book Addict's Guide/Novelly Yours)
Initial Impressions 12/26/18 and review as posted on The Book Addict's Guide 1/4/19: UNEARTHED was one of my favorite books from 2018 so naturally I was dying to read UNDYING! The way UNEARTHED ended was such a killer and I couldn't wait to see what happened next!

UNDYING was quite a solid progression in this series and had some great plot-building and overall concepts that continued building the series, but basically until this review was published, I didn't realize this was the last book and th
Undying is the final book in the Unearthed duology and gives us a chance to find out what happened to Mia and Jules when they were onboard the alien spaceship headed back to earth. They're the only humans alive who know that the ship is a Trojan horse bringing an army of alien invaders with it but they've got no way of letting anyone know what is going on unless they can get off the ship and back on earth soil.

After escaping on a landing shuttle and picked up by the International Alliance you'd
Travis
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A satisfying conclusion to the Unearthed Duology. The story here picks up right where we left off in Unearthed and it is a fast paced race to the finish line. Mia and Jules are really great characters to read about but as much as I hated the romance in the first book, I loved it in this one. I don't know what happened or why. It seemed to really fit the story. Both Mia and Jules had some really emotional character arcs as well. Even though I did find the ending to be a little anti-climatic (and ...more
Breanna
3.5 stars! ✨
Pallavi Sharma
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
****4.0****

Second and final book of Unearthed Duology did not fail me but the first book was the best.
Mia and Jules do solve the puzzles placed by Undying and that leads them to a spaceship. But intervention of IA leads the events to a different direction.But Mia and Jules along with Jules's cousin Neal are determined to save the Earth from Undying.

With good narration, well build characters and world, I had a very good read.

Happy Reading!!!
Ann (annreads)
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
“Earth is all we have. It’s all any of us have.”

Well, that was a fun ride! Definitely an amazing conclusion to such incredible series!
I’m honestly so glad I decided to pick up this duology because I absolutely LOVED it, and it most certainly became one of my new favorites!

4.5/5★★★★
Līga Sproģe
09/01/2019

Somewhere along the way this flopped into teen romance pit and with that sugary ending accelerated my visit to dentist by 2 months.

Good but could have been so much better. Gosh, I'm glad this won't be another trilogy.

22/01/2018

description

description
Gaby
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A perfect sequel! Jules and Mia are such incredible characters (together and apart) and I loved following them on the second half of their journey on earth. I also loved the expanded world building, secondary characters (Neal! The best!), and ultimate explanations for the Undying. This series finale was absolutely everything I wanted it to be.
Rebecca
A HUGE kudos for the "Recap" section at the beginning. Readers are given a quick review of the events from book 1. I really wish all authors/series would do this!

This a decent follow-up, but it wasn't nearly entertaining as the first book. I longed for more space action. I adored Jules and Mia, but it seemed nothing significant happened until the closing chapters. I still adore this writing duo and will pick up their next collaboration.
Kelly (Diva Booknerd)
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: loveozya, allen-unwin
★★★☆
Not as engaging as Unearthed but still enjoyed it nonetheless. Especially the second half.
Sophia
Unearthed led listeners on an edge of your seat twisting sci-fi archaeological adventure that left things at a breathtaking cliffhanger for Mia and Jules.

Undying begins with a nice letter from the authors that catches readers up on the world of the duology and where things are at in the story before diving back in.

This is not a good place to summarize details or it will ruin some of the brilliant high points of the first book, Unearthed. I'm going to go vague and stick with impressions and obser
Christy
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Today is a pretty big release day. I woke up to several new audiobooks and emails notifying me of incoming preorders. Exciting! But how do you pick which one to read first. Some of us have extensive spreadsheets, some of us are mood readers, and some people just want to be reminded. I finished Undying in a day after marathoning the audiobook because I was desperate to know what happens to Jules and Mia. Check out my 5 reasons why Undying is your read this release day!

(Slight spoilers for Unearth
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Undying [April 28, 2019] 1 6 Feb 20, 2019 10:59AM
  • Defy the Fates (Constellation, #3)
  • Honor Bound (The Honors, #2)
  • DEV1AT3 (Lifelike, #2)
  • Immunity (Contagion, #2)
  • White Night
  • The Half King (Untitled #1)
  • Untitled (The Diabolic, #3)
  • The Deceivers (Vale Hall, #1)
  • The Midnight Lie
  • Because of You
  • Becoming Kirrali Lewis
  • Set Fire to the Gods (Set Fire to the Gods, #1)
  • After the Lights Go Out
  • Rebel (Legend, #4)
  • Untitled (The Last Magician, #3)
  • Vow of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #2)
  • Mercy Point
  • Future Lost (Future Shock, #3)
Amie Kaufman is a New York Times and internationally bestselling author of young adult fiction. Her multi-award winning work is slated for publication in over 30 countries, and is in development for film and TV. Raised in Australia and occasionally Ireland, Amie has degrees in history, literature, law and conflict resolution. She lives in Melbourne with her husband, their rescue dog, and an extrem ...more

Unearthed (2 books)
  • Unearthed (Unearthed, #1)