Start by marking “Opal (The Raven Cycle #4.5)” as Want to Read:
Opal (The Raven Cycle #4.5)

Opal

(The Raven Cycle #4.5)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  5,246 ratings  ·  1,021 reviews
An enchanting story from Maggie Stiefvater featuring Opal, Ronan, and Adam from her bestselling Raven Cycle, taking place after the events of The Raven King.
Published March 1st 2018 by Scholastic Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Opal, please sign up.
Laura_sommeils I think is one of Niall Lynch's bastards. I think it was mentioned on Blue lily, lily blue, that he had other children, and in this novella she…moreI think is one of Niall Lynch's bastards. I think it was mentioned on Blue lily, lily blue, that he had other children, and in this novella she watches his photograph. (less)
Erica
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

شيماء ✨

I need four shots of vodka and a five hours hug
Melanie
1.) The Raven Boys ★★★★★
2.) The Dream Thieves ★★★★★
3.) Blue Lily, Lily Blue ★★★★★
4.) The Raven King ★★★★★

“She loved him the best when he was very sad or very serious or very happy. ”

You all, I can’t even begin to put into words how good it felt to be back in this world. And Opal is such an amazing protagonist to see the world through. She’s so curious, and so precious. My favorite secret. I loved animal days and I loved dream days. I loved it all.

“…and something about when Ronan made him
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
What?
WHAT?
WHAAAAATTTTTT??!!!

A story about ADAM FREAKING PARRISH and RONAN FREAKING LYNCH!!!
With Opal?!
This year!?
Expected to be published THIS MARCH!!!???? *clutches her chest*

HOW THE HELL DIDN'T I KNOW ABOUT THIS!?

I'm going to die!!! <333
Kill me Maggie!!! Bring it!!! Oh please, destroy me!!!
What a sweet sweet death this will be!! *lol*

P.S: Ohhhh it has a cover now too!!! I. AM. IN. LOVE.! XD
Nat

Source

If you've previously read my reviews* for any of the books in the Raven Cycle, you probably know by now that I'm a huge fan of Ronan Lynch. So finding out about this short story dedicated to Opal, aka Ronan's dream girl, had me beyond keen on returning to their world.

“She was to remember that she was a secret.”

Set after the events of The Raven King, this story, like all the best things, starts with a dream. And just like that, upon opening the first page, I felt like I had never left this
C.G. Drews
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2018, novella
Ohhh my heart is very very full right now. Like it's not freaking secret that I ADORE this series and this was perfect. I don't even generally like novellas (or paying half my liver and soul for like 35 pages awffk) but THIS IS MY FAVOURITE AUTHOR. MY FAVOURITE SERIES. MY FAVOURITE RAVEN BOY. (Ronan.) MY FAAAAVOURITE while I wait wretchedly for the Ronan trilogy. And it. was. perfect.

(Except obviously too short. But you knew that was coming right?!)

It's just a tiny snapshot into (a) Opal's mind,
Grace (BURTSBOOKS)
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, favourites
Um screw Maggie Stiefvater for being so damn talented holy shit..... it isn't just how she writes, it's what she writes and the emotions and thoughts she explores. So unique and captivating... I will never get tired of reading her work.

Also, I love Adam so much and I missed him so much and now that I'm finished this I miss him again. No character will ever compare to him in my books.

Also, give me the dreamer trilogy right now and make every chapter in Opals point of view. K thanks bye

P.S. Rona
destiny ♎ [howling libraries]
#1 The Raven Boys ★★★★★
#2 The Dream Thieves ★★★★★
#3 Blue Lily, Lily Blue ★★★★★
#4 The Raven King ★★★★★
#4.5 Opal ★★★★★

How could I possibly, in any way, shape or form, give this less than 5 stars? I've become so obsessed with this series and these wonderful characters, and all this did was make me crave the Ronan trilogy even more than I already was.

Opal is precious, bizarre, hilarious, and a legitimate treasure. That said, the real gem in this story is watching Ronan and Adam interact and try to m
emma
hey, anyone know if there's a small magic hooved child I can be friends with? just wondering.

this wasn't so much a "story" as a "small plotless image," but as long as said plotless image takes place in the world of the Raven Cycle in the language of Maggie Stiefvater I am happy as a clam my dear boy.

also if The Raven King hadn't made me fall a lil (I said LIL - no I told you sos) in love with Adam and Ronan, a) this story wouldn't have and b) it would have been pretty boring. but that wasn't a p
Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen)
4 Stars
(5++++++++ Stars for Adam and Ronan)

"It won't be what you imagined, but it'll be just as good."

Holy hell have I missed these characters. This is only 30 pages, but Ronan and Adam are just as dynamic and interesting as they are in TRC. There's hints of both of them maturing and healing, as well as making plans for the future, and it's amazing.

But-- and I know I'm the minority here... I don't love Opal?

I think she's funny. I think she's quirky. She's definitely unique and seeing her p
Hamad
Feb 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads, e-books
Post-reading review:
Adammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
I like adam but I am not the biggest fan of Ronan
The writing style gets 5 stars
The story gets 3, nothing too special as the rest of the series!
(already read it twice to make sure I didn't miss anything)

Pre reading review:
Adammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Deborah Obida
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love it! This is amazing, its just so short, why is this not longer?

The setting of the novella is the summer after the incident at Cabeswater, Only Adam, Ronan and Orphan girl are present in this biok, even at that its amazing to read about these three adapting to regular life especially Orphan girl.

Opal(i.e Orphan girl) is the narrator of this book, its so cool been in her head, her thoughts about human life is hilarious, even the way she views Adam and Ronan.

The only thing stopping me from
Sabrina The Trash Queen
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I can’t wait to have a entire trilogy of freaking Ronan!❤
I need more Adam.😫
And I loved Opal😍

Adam and Ronan in this were a blessing that I really needed it. I NEED MORE NOW!

“Opal often got full days of him, only having to share with Chainsaw, who Opal resented hugely and sometimes daydreamed of eating”

yes😂. Everyone wants Ronan.
Ronak Gajjar
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
THE PERFECTION!
description
I literally have like no words enough how to describe my feelings after again submerging myself into the world of The Raven Boys.
I have missed them and this excerpt is one more perfect drop into the Cabeswater of memories!
For me, the wonderful way to express after reading Opal:
Opal is as abstract as Ronan’s dreams.
description

P.S.: This will always remain my favourite gang!
Maria
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
MY HEART IS ABOUT TO EXPLODE
this was so adorable and sad and funny and magical AND it’s provided me with more questions than answers ANYWAY i need ronan trilogy NOWW

IT EVEN HAS THE COVER NOW OMG ITS REALLY HAPPENING

RONAN+ADAM+THEIR WEIRD CHILD? THAT’S EVERYTHING I EVER NEEDED FROM LIFE THANK YOU THANK YOU 🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽
Cesar
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 stars.

description

38 pages of bittersweet moments that made me smile. It's nice to come back to the Raven Cycle world with my two favorite boys and their companion, Opal. This may have been a short novella, but it was definitely worth reading.

I've always been curious about Opal and Ronan and their dynamics since their personalities are different. With Opal, we get to see how she sees the world and the way she acts around Ronan and Adam. Then we have our favorite boy Ronan who can come off as a bit harsh b
The Girl Murdered by Her TBR
4.25 stars!!!

I'm willing to sell both of my kidneys for additional Pynch moments. I. AM. THAT. DESPERATE.

This book is once again, a tease. I won't be guilty to admit that I was dying to read this book because I expected a lot of Ronan and Adam moments here but I was damn disappointed!!! But nonetheless, I'll take what I can get. It's better to have something than nothing right?

This story is intriguing because Maggie hinted some things and some characters that might appear to the dreamer trilogy
Kai
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing

If this novella made me realise one thing, it's that I need to reread the Raven Cycle. So bad. No, but really, I don't even remember where Opal comes from. I'm aware that Ronan took her from one of his dreams and placed her in the real world but the particulars are still unclear to me.

I was a little concerned that this novella might turn out to be slightly problematic. I read something somewhere that pointed
Nina ✿ Looseleaf Reviews ✿
Yes hello it is 1:30 a.m. on March 1st and I am already done with this masterpiece. Excuse me while I read it at least 3 more times to process my emotions.
ana
Feb 08, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: tbr-on-my-phone
anyway this book is cancelled and i hate maggie so much

—————————————————————–——––

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THE GAYS DESERVE
John Papadopoulos
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this short story so so much! Made me realize how much I have missed them - fabulous! I soooo want more!!..
may ➹
Feb 08, 2018 marked it as to-read
UH.

WHAT.

RONAN AND ADAM. I,,,
Maggie ☘ (Reader-in-Wonderland)
HELL YEH RONAN AND ADAM and OPAL!!!!! LOVE THEM SO MUCH!! Really excited for the new trilogy to come out. 4.5 *

Right after saying this, Adam said, in a different voice, “I’m being a shithead.”
“You are. And a shitfoot. Where are your shoes?”
“Still under the table.”
“Opal, could you get them for him?”
Opal could not, because it was too boring to go back to the house when they were out here being exciting in th
Stacee
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2018
Well. This had me confused in parts because it’s been so long since I read the series and now I’ll have to prioritize my reread.

However, I loved seeing things from Opal’s POV and of course Ronan and Adam and my sweetness, Chainsaw.

I’ve never wanted the Ronan books more.
✨Brithanie Faith✨
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
4/5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐

"He had always been dying in his dreams, or getting small pieces cut off him, or being pitted against faceless gunmen. Nuclear bombs exploded in his hands and fish broke through windows to ruin sofas and myriad bodies showed up in myriad driveways. Not all of his dreams were terrible, but that made them collectively worse, not better."

Didn't know I needed this. Obviously not going to be writing a full review, as this is a short story, and I don't really feel as though it's necess
Faye*
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OH MY GOD THIS WAS PERFECTION, I LOVED IT

*******

6 March 2018

Starting this today thanks to this amazing sweetheart and this wonderful cutie. Thanks again ladies, you rock!!

Nasom
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was such a cute read.

How I missed my fave, Ronan. I wished there was more of him because there can never be too much Ronan lol.

Opal was an interesting character and I loved reading from her perspective. It was cool to read about her exploring the real world and trying to adjust to the fact that she cant do the things she could in the dream world.

Adam was okay, I may be the only person in the bookverse that isn't that fond of him but oh well.
Roobie
⭐5 stars⭐

It was funny how a dream really just contained the absolute best and absolute worst parts of the animal world. She'd been so afraid of the absolute worst that she'd forgotten how she missed the absolute best.
joanna ☽ the little brown fairy
this book features in this blog post on starburnt reads
adam and ronan?
adam and ronan.

seriously though, this was really well written (as always, ha, it's stiefvater), and i loved opal's unique voice and way of seeing the world. i also love how there was actually a plot and sense of intrigue/mystery.

short stories often fall flat for me or bore me, because sometimes it takes a while for me to get really into a story, and i walk away feeling like there wasn't enough substance to leave a lasting imp
Sandra
When I heard Maggie was doing something with Adam and Ronan, I was super excited! Becauseeeee... I love them in the original series and I want to read more about them and their relationship. I didn't expect it to be like this though.

• I'm pretty much like Opal right now, I have no fucking clue what just happened.
• The writing is just as eerie and mysterious, but reading it from Opal's POV, kinda didn't work for me. Don't get me wrong, Opal's cute. But I don't think as a narrator she worked for m
R * A Reader Obsessed *
If this is all we’re gonna get in regards to seeing how Ronan and Adam and company are doing, then I’m going to take it and treasure it wholeheartedly.

The writing made me smile and swoon and just reinforced how much I love this series.

More please!
YA Buddy Readers'...: Opal by Maggie Stiefvater starting November 5th, 2018 8 6 Nov 05, 2018 11:06PM
New York Times bestselling author of The Shiver Trilogy, The Raven Cycle, and The Scorpio Races. Artist. Driver of things with wheels. Avid reader.

All of Maggie Stiefvater's life decisions have been formed by a desire to leave a mark, resulting in spray-painted cars, sharpie-covered computer printers, ink-splattered walls, and stories told in books, in magazines, and on stages. Maggie Stiefvater l

The Raven Cycle (4 books)
  • The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1)
  • The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2)
  • Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3)
  • The Raven King (The Raven Cycle, #4)
“Sometimes bad ideas were so bad they looped right around until they became good ideas.” 17 likes
“It’s not going to be what you imagined, but it’ll be just as good.” 10 likes