Start by marking “When Red Cried Wolf (Happily Ever Asher, #1)” as Want to Read:
When Red Cried Wolf (Happily Ever Asher, #1)

When Red Cried Wolf

(Happily Ever Asher #1)

Asher Williams is obsessed with love.
It’s probably one of the reasons he makes such a fantastic matchmaker, love guru, and romance expert. And now that he’s in college, it’s finally his turn to shine.

Asher’s relationship advice column in the school newspaper is his strongest matchmaking instrument, especially when it comes to helping hopeless romantics find their soulmates
Published June 9th 2019 by Self-published

To ask other readers questions about When Red Cried Wolf, please sign up.
Nash Summers So sorry I missed this!! I haven't been on Goodreads in a while. :) It's coming out June 11th!

Start your review of When Red Cried Wolf (Happily Ever Asher, #1)
Judith
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5

Super cute!!

I want an Asher in my life,with all his sass and meddling and innocence.

The course of true love never did run smooth
True love always encounters difficulties.

-well,that's a quote Asher doesn't want to believe.And even if that is the case for some people,that's what Asher's here for.....

Love guru or matchmaker,call it what you will-Asher doesn't mind because he has the gift.He's a hopeless romantic,no casual hook ups for him thank you very much.He wants hearts and flowers and th
☆ Todd
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it

Okay, this story was just too totally adorable, and I'm so glad that I have all three of these books in hand already. Since I rock at being patient and shit. Allegedly. ;- )

This was only really the intro to All Things Asher, alerting us to the fact that he was kind, sweet, funny, quirky as hell, and way more than a little bit naive.

Picture this same author's "Life According to Maps" series, but with the MC being obsessed with love, instead of science experiments. Ish.

We also met some of Asher's
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
I struggled with this story, mostly because Asher is so young and so naive. I was never sure what he saw in Chris and couldn't get invested in a character who's essentially a child (I'm 40, so yes, a 19-year-old is a kid to me!).

This book serves as an introduction to the series, except none of the characters has a strong backstory.

I'm definitely in the minority with my opinion, so I'd say this is a case of It's-Not-You-It's-Me.

P.S. I enjoyed the second book much more!
Nash Summers
Feb 08, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Coming June 11th, 2019!

* * *

The main romance arc spans across all three novellas. When Red Cried Wolf contains little romance but sets up for the rest of the series.

When Red Cried Wolf is a slow-burn romance with over-the-top characters, fairy tale references, ridiculous texts, and eventually, a happy ever after.
Ele
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-na, 2019-favorites
*4.5 stars*

Red Cried Wolf is one of the most romantic books I have ever read. And there is not even a hint of romance in it. Does this make sense? It will, when you read the book.

The story is told from Asher’s POV. Like all characters made by Nash Summers, Asher is very…unique. And all kinds of OTT adorable. You see, Asher comes from a family of matchmakers and now it’s his turn to shine. He is a freshman in college and managed and writes a relationship advice column, helping out people who stru
Anyta Sunday
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG, So Much Fun. Totally Over-The-Top, but in an awesome funny way. Asher. What a character!

The romance spans over three books and there is a definite build-up in this story.

Smart, succinct, sassy writing. Nash Summers knows her craft! <3

I'm gonna say one thing thing: Wait till all three books are out and then go nuts, otherwise, you'll go nuts waiting for the next installment. ;-) (she says, going nuts for book three)
Katerina
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc

This one was just fun. As refreshing as cold sparkling wine. As tasty as sweet strawberries. Look at the beautiful cover and you will guess what to expect. It's such a lovely summer read that's way too fast over.

Asher calls himself a matchmaker. He couples people into romantic relationships. This is born out of the need that those guys aren't able to find their perfect match.

The funny thing is thereby that the reader will be the top matchmaker.

Unstopable, I consider who with whom. Which match wo
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I want to be as positive and as absolutely adorable as Asher ♥️

I really adored this cute lgbtq story, but I think the three books could’ve easily been one book.
(But I have kindle unlimited for three months, so here we go)
Lelyana
OMG Asher was so full of himself, confident about his ability to matchmaking people, and consider himself as a love guru. He's the best, or so he thought.
But while he can be really successful being a matchmaker, he forgot about his live life. Or look around, and find himself a date, romance like he always dreamt of.
Or he actually didn't look very clearly, and closer, like looking at his roommate, Morgan.
While Asher's busy with his Happily Ever Asher and matchmaking Red and Chris, he forgot that
Bookreader87(Amanda)
Asher Williams has a personality that draws you in immediately. Like me, he is in love with love. He believes that he is a great match maker and knows everything there is about love. When he sets off for college he has a goal of being the best matchmaker out there and also to find love himself.
This is book 1 in the series and, for me, it was a good start. I look forward to reading the next.
John The Cosmic Wanderer
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
I need the next book asap 😭😭😭

#arc
Sheri
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I told myself that I wasn't going to do this anymore...
Serials or (connected torturous cliffhanger) novellas require extensive patience, which I find excruciatingly difficult to muster when I become a needy greedy reader. *guilty look*
BUT!
This is Nash Summers and all rules go out the window.
So,
here I am...
*dangling by a thread*
DESPERATE for the next one.
Asher is adorable and maddening.
Yep, he's a delightfully exasperating matchmaker up to no good or lots of good if you ask him.
And I guarant
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
Quite diff from the other 2 books I read by this author. this series is so over the top but in a whimsical way.

As usual, I love Morgan.
.Lili.
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
This is a difficult book to review and rate because-

1. This is only one-third of the story.

2. And because this is only the first part, there's not really any romance in the traditional romance novel kind of way.

Anyhoo, When Red Cried Wolf by Nash Summers is adorable, and over the top, it's the story of matchmaker extraordinaire, Asher. He is sassy, funny, and confident in love matchmaking ways but he's so busy matchmaking everyone around him he's missing something/someone right under his nose. I
Ami
3.75 stars rounded up

Happily Ever Asher, Act 1

Basically the set-up, in which we get to know Asher and his dreams of becoming the best love guru, the prince of matchmaking. Also, we are introduced to possible love interest -- the gorgeous Christopher Wolf and the quiet roommate Morgan King.

Even if it's only a set-up, I feel charmed already. It's a classic romantic comedy situation, and Nash Summers seems to use all the stereotypical plots. And no, I don't use that word negatively. I enjoy typica
Sandra
Please note: This is the first book in what will be a trilogy, so there's no HEA at the end of this book, but there's also not a massive cliffhanger.

Asher is a freshman in college, determined to find true love while there, and also very much determined to live up to his self-appointed title of Love Guru, seeing how he comes from a family of successful love match makers. He's also utterly adorable, sassy, and seemingly always happy.

In the hands of anyone else, he might have turned into a twink
Bev
Asher seems to be the eternal optimist, and believes that everyone deserves to fall in love at some stage in their life [preferably with his help as a matchmaker 😉]...and who am I to argue?? Love is Love people!! 😍😍😍

This is book 1 of the trilogy, and I'm rooting for a HEA for both Asher and Morgan, his roomie...may be even together, she says hopefully 😊.

Not sure this is my sort of read really...it's cute, crazy and completely OTT, but as all of my recent reads have had heaps of the A [angst] wor
Tess
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

LOVED!! This was funny and sweet with awesome characters. How can you not love Asher!? It definitely has a bit of the Maps vibe which is a very good thing for me.
Gabi
If you like romantic comedies, don't hesitate to pick this up. It's really funny and cute, light and fluffy, a breath of fresh air. Absolutely angst-free.

Asher is in love with love itself. He's a romantic at heart. And he wants everyone around him happy and with hearts in their eyes. He's very good at what he’s doing... or so he thinks. But he himself is unlucky when it comes to finding the one. He's lonely.

Asher's journey to finding love has began with this novella. I'd say slow-burn romance i
Alisa
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I didn't read the blurb on this before I started it. This author is one of my favorites and I've liked everything I've read of hers so I just signed up to review it. For the first chapter or two I was thinking I might have made a mistake. I wasn't too sure about Asher. He's a bit scattered and a bit naive and I wasn't sure how I felt about him.

As it turns out, I had no reason to worry. Before I knew it I found myself totally entertained by his machinations. He was pretty funny and I found mysel
Ariana
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
In the author's own words this is ...

"a slow-burn romance with over-the-top characters, fairy tale references, ridiculous texts, and eventually a HEA"

If you keep that in mind, you'll totally enjoy this piece of fluff, rather than rolling your eyes at Asher!

Great fun! One for total relaxation and when in need of a smile.
Amy
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is book #1 in a trilogy. It's kind of hard to rate the storyline because we've only just begun. But if this is headed where I think it is, I think I'm really going to like it.

I love Asher and his over-the-top personality. He just loves love. He loves hearts and flowers, grand gestures and romance. He's not into random hookups or friends-with-benefits, which makes him a great guy in my book. I'm enjoying the side characters as well, but I really want to know what's up between Morgan and Chr
Calila
*Received A Copy To Review From The Author*

This is a quick read since it's a novella. It's cute, but oh my you know it's going to end in disaster for Asher. It's the type of story, that if I was watching on TV or a movie I'd be watching through my fingers because the second hand embarrassment is guaranteed to be coming. This isn't a bad thing, at all. Asher is a good guy, he's just convinced himself he's incredible at matchmaking and he categorizes and writes people off with such certainty that
Zuzu
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ku
As many others have said, this is so cute. I usually don’t read NA but am glad I read this.

Asher and his obliviousness is so funny.

On to Book 2.
Snjez
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Although this is just a 1/3 of the story, I loved it.

Asher is totally adorable. I loved everything about him. He's sweet, innocent, funny, full of energy and sometimes oblivious in the cutest way possible.

I liked all the side characters, as well, and I like where the story is going so far. I'm glad I waited for the other two books to come out, because I can't wait to see what happens next.
Lisazj1
Completely adorable, I loved it! Can’t wait for the next one. ❤️
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Thank you for the gift, Merry Cuddlecane!
haletostilinski
Asher Williams is obsessed with love.

And boy is he. Having grown up in a family where his grandmother and great-grandmother were matchmakers, he's followed in their footsteps.

He's a hopeless romantic - even more than I am, and that's saying something - and sees romance everywhere, thinks about romance, deals in romance, and wants an epic romance for himself.

He's got romance for everyone else down pretty well, he's almost perfect at it. Except for when it comes to himself.

Because we as the aud
Kaje Harper
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm just going to review all three stories together, because really this is more of a serial in 3 parts than a stand alone. The result is cute and funny and sweet and light, with just the occasional emotional moment to season it.

Asher is a total optimist with a slightly shaky grasp on reality, and a huge faith in his ability to be a matchmaker. At least, for other people. He's funny and a bit OTT and likeable and clueless. The progression of his story through the three volumes ended up being sa
Lost in a Book
Rating for overall series: 4.25 Stars

When Red Cried Wolf is a great set-up to this series. The characters are all very likable, especially Asher. Asher is absolutely adorable and I just want to put him in my pocket. He has this unapologetic all knowing (especially in all things romance) attitude that doesn't allow anything to get in his way (so far). There are nerds, jocks, awesome secondary characters, and a budding friendship relationship (even if it's mainly grunts and other noises from his r
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The Backlot Gay B...: Happily Ever Asher trilogy, by Nash Summers 1 4 Oct 05, 2019 12:10PM

• Made for You (Love and Family, #2)
  • Happy for You (Love & Family #3)
  • Cancer Ships Aquarius (Signs of Love, #5)
  • Best Man (Close Proximity, #1)
  • Kiss Me Again
  • Adam Only (Those Other Books #2)
  • The Last Text
  • Rocket Science (Love Logic #1)
  • Poetry in Motion
  • Gideon (Finding Home, #3)
  • Project Hero
  • Charlie Sunshine (Close Proximity, #2)
  • Marc Jillson & The Gazebo (Love Inscribed, #2)
  • Orientation (Borealis Investigations, #1)
  • Principles of Spookology (The Spectral Files, #2)
  • A Breath Apart
  • Thrown Off the Ice
Nash Summers rarely has any idea what she’s doing. But when she likes to pretend, she pretends by writing stories at the pace of drying paint. As if that wasn’t exhilarating enough, Nash also enjoys absolute silence, general politeness, and waiting her turn in line.
Needless to say, she’s a bona fide hell raiser.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nash.summers...
Nash also has a super cool newsletter

Happily Ever Asher (3 books)
  • Golden Boy and the Two Bears (Happily Ever Asher, #2)
  • A King in Wonderland (Happily Ever Asher, #3)

News & Interviews

“There was absolutely nothing sexier than a hot bookworm.” 2 likes
“It helps sometimes to think out loud when it comes to love and matters of the heart.” 0 likes