Start by marking “9 From the Nine Worlds” as Want to Read:
9 From the Nine Worlds

9 From the Nine Worlds

(Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard)

The Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard trilogy may have concluded, but we haven't heard the last of our favorite peeps from the Nine Worlds. Join Hearthstone, Blitzen, Samirah, Alex, Jack, T.J., Mallory, Halfborn, and more on a hilarious and unforgettable journey through Rick Riordan's unique take on Norse mythology. While Magnus is off visiting his cousin, Annabeth, his ...more
Published October 2nd 2018 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about 9 From the Nine Worlds, please sign up.
Erin Rune and symbol art is by Michelle Gengaro-Kokmen. Illustrations are by James Firnhaber, Jim Madsen, and Yori Elita Narpati.
Erin Yes, all the stories take place after Ship of the Dead, and they are tied together over a brief period of time by Thor taking a jog....no, really. :)

Start your review of 9 From the Nine Worlds
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
me: *has only read PJO 1-3*

also me: brb while I pre-order every single thing Uncle Rick releases forever and ever amen
Regina
Feb 24, 2018 marked it as to-read
All I want is more Alex Fierro in my life
Taylor
This was a lot of fun, and it was great seeing our characters again. My favorite stories were definitely T.J.'s and Mallory's!
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
*sees Magnus Chase and automatically adds it to my cart*

Wow, I think my brain just might have had a little drop out.
I only saw Magnus Chase and it was like my fingers were moving by themselves.
I didn't even know there was more to come but since I love Magnus and Alex and all their friends this is so going on my TBR.

Thank you Uncle Rick! <3
Weaving Fiction ( Sj )
LIKED
-overarching story of Thor running through all the realms to get his 10 million steps so he could be on a midgardian tv show
-the variety of characters
-the taster of what this series has to offer. It doesn’t really spoil anything, let’s you meet the characters
-the funny feel good vibe

MEH about
- the actual short stories
- Very specific feel to it (I.e it really does feel like a middle grade book)
claire
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was actually kinda hoping of more Magnus and Alex interaction but sadly there's none. Nonetheless it was still a good read.

PS. I badly needed more of Rick Riordan's humor. Please publish another series huehue
Anna
Feb 09, 2018 marked it as to-read
AAA WHAT?! YESSS! I'M GOING TO CRYY!

I need more Alex Fierro and the rest of the gang in my life. Yes. I NEED THIS NOW PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

Wait, Magnus is "off visiting his cousin, Annabeth"?? Will he be in a TOA book? Will he meet little Estelle?????? So many questions, such a long wait!

(Now pardon me whilst I mark the release date on my calendar and lose my mind waiting until I can get my hands on this beauty.)
Yursa Tahir
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a very fun read. I enjoyed it but i had hoped there would be more of magnus in this book. But none the less it was great.
Vikas
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, nbtr
Of course this book didn't have Magnus Chase because it was the time for the rest of the gang to shine. Like the title says this book has 9 stories set in Nine worlds of Norse mythology and has a story set in each World. And the Cover tells you about another common theme Thor is running through all the Nine Worlds to complete 10 million steps to be able to appear on a TV show on Midgard (Earth) and he does all this while wearing only a leather Daily Duke, oh how I wish that it would be on the ...more
Annemieke / A Dance with Books
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
'Think about it. What's the one thing all nine worlds have in common?'
'Thor's footprints and lingering fart stench?'
✨Brithanie Faith✨
Actual rating: 3.5/5 stars .5

I enjoyed seeing more of these characters (especially Hearthstone and Alex), but some of these stories (despite being enjoyable) were just too short and I felt disconnected! Still-I'm glad I read this, and I would definitely recommend reading it if you were a fan of the trilogy!
Mari
Feb 08, 2018 marked it as to-read
You got me at Alex.

Well, actually at Rick Riordan.

NEED
NOW
THANKS.
Mariah
"Some days you are the ax, some days you are the decapitated head."

There was a distinct lack of Magnus in these stories. While I enjoyed hearing from the gang, especially Hearthstone, there was nothing exceptional about these stories.
Rain
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I SEE A RIORDAN BOOK, I BUY THE RIORDAN BOOK. I'm sorry but I'm just a huge trash for every book that he writes. If ever Uncle Rick decides to write a collection of haikus or say... grocery receipts, I will still buy it.

Of course, when I saw the opportunity to buy this one, I TOOK IT and I regret nothing. I absolutely love the Magnus Chase series and I am CRAVING FOR MORE CONTENT. I was sad when I found out that Magnus won't make an appearance on this one but I still loved every word of this
Cori Reed
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved being back with these characters!
Coreen  (AsThePlotThickens)
Thor jogging in the nine worlds. You dont see that everyday, do you?
milou  ☕️
3,75 stars

Getting the opportunity to read about these characters again was a huge blessing because I missed them enormously since the Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard series had ended last year. This time we get read short stories which were told from different pov's and it almost felt like coming home to Hotel Valhalla
↠ dan ↞
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
THIS WAS SO FUN TO READ (every rick riordan book is, to be honest)
Alyssa
I received a copy of this book from Disney-Hyperion via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

9 from the Nine Worlds is the latest from Rick Riordan's Gods of Asgard series. Like other of his books, 9 from the Nine Worlds is more of a companion book which consists of nine short stories. Each chapter, or story, is told from the point of view of one of Magnus’s friends and each travels to one of the Nine Worlds. We get to see Hearthstone, Alex Fiero, Halfborn, and Blitzen as well as other
Joy
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was so much fun to revisit the worlds and friends of Magnus Chase, whose series ended much too soon, in my opinion. This short collection is a fun jaunt through all nine worlds of the Norse mythologies, as the title implies, but it is so much more. The combination of literary detail with contemporary, light-hearted writing and characters gives Riordan a place of his own in the genre and in the hearts of his fans. Another winner, for sure.
Elli
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
LOOK AT THIS COVER!!!! AND MORE STORIES OF MY PRECIOUS BABIES AGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Quirks
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads
9 From the Nine Worlds is a collection of short stories set in the Riordanverse. More specifically, in the Magnus Chase universe. Each story is told by a different characters from the Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard series, and set in a different World; some we've visited in the series, like Asgard and Alfheim, and some we haven't, like Muspelheim.

The stories are set after the official series so it contains spoilers. And besides, you wouldn't want to read about the adventures of
Annabeth
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“Buddy, I insult everyone.” I waved my daggers. “See these? They’re sharp, but not as sharp as my tongue.” Or your fangs, I added to myself as the dragon loomed in closer to inspect my blades.
“Wow. Those are pointy.” Nidhogg looked genuinely impressed. “Are your insults really sharper than that?”
“Mister, that question is so dumb it makes me think your brain is like Odin’s left eye socket—completely empty.”

I have one (1) complaint and it is that this book was way too short. And now that I think
Teresa
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5

A quick fun read, somewhat funny, somewhat disappointing.

No Magnus. No Magnus/Alex continuation story.

Alex (my personal favorite character) has his/her own story at the end as well as making a relatively minor appearance in two other stories.

Overarching story: Thor running through the 9 worlds in tight shorts and leaving fart trails.

That is all.
Nicole Alycia
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a fun read! A collection of 9 short stories told from the 9 worlds of Norse mythology with some of the characters you don’t really get to hear from during the Magnus Chase series.
These stories were fun and quick and definitely worth the read!
Nhu
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well, it's Rick Riordan, which makes it an automatic win for me! It was delightful to come back to the Magnus Chase mythos and get a little look at what everyone's up to-- the couples all as cute as ever.
Hazel
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dude, Uncle Rick always knows who to lighten the mood.
Ms. Yingling
Jul 25, 2018 rated it liked it
E ARC from Edelweiss Plus

If you haven't ordered this for your library already, you need to! It's hard for me to review short stories, and the Norse mythology is not my strong suit, but there are different camps of Riordan fandom emerging now, and Asgard lovers will need this! I have to admit to loving The Lightning Thief best of all, although one of my runners is trying to convince me that The Kane Chronicles is really the best. (And I would love to see a movie of that one, as long as they
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Basically, I don't like this cast enough for Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard. I listened to this hoping for a bit of Alex/Magnus, but there's absolutely none of that here, and since Alex's story was last, I ended up listening to the whole thing.

If you're into Rick Riordan for the silly, goofball plotting, you'll love this because it's nine quick little adventures, or if you're invested in the cast.
Becky
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I got this one almost entirely for the Alex story. It was the best one. The others were good too, but Alex's was the best. As it should be.

• Aru Shah and the Song of Death (Pandava Quartet, #2)
  • The Storm Runner (The Storm Runner, #1)
  • Dragon Pearl
  • Aru Shah and the End of Time (Pandava Quartet, #1)
  • The Fire Keeper (The Storm Runner #2)
  • Sal and Gabi Break the Universe (Sal and Gabi, #1)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #4)
  • The Red Scrolls of Magic (The Eldest Curses #1)
  • Ghosts of the Shadow Market
  • The Golden Tower (Magisterium, #5)
  • Tristan Strong Punches a Hole in the Sky (Tristan Strong #1)
  • Duel at Araluen (Ranger's Apprentice: The Royal Ranger #3)
  • The Land I Lost (Ghosts of the Shadow Market, #7)
  • Fantastic Beasts - The Crimes of Grindelwald: The Original Screenplay
  • Archenemies (Renegades, #2)
  • The Final Step (Lock and Key #3)
  • Through Blood, Through Fire (Ghosts of the Shadow Market, #8)
  • The Sea of Monsters: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #2)

Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard (3 books)
  • The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #1)
  • The Hammer of Thor (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #2)
  • The Ship of the Dead (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #3)
“My Einherjar have a saying: Some days you are the axe, some days you are the decapitated head. I like it so much, I'm having T-shirts made for the Hotel Valhalla gift shop.” 7 likes
“AWWW, YOU two are so cute together it makes me sick. So I’m going back to my own room.”
I’m not sure Mallory and Halfborn even heard me when I left, they were lip-locking so hard. Seeing them like that almost made me miss Magnus. Almost.”
6 likes