Start by marking “9 From the Nine Worlds (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard)” as Want to Read:
9 From the Nine Worlds (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard)

9 From the Nine Worlds

(Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard)

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  1,129 Ratings  ·  193 Reviews
The Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard trilogy may have concluded, but we haven't heard the last of our favorite peeps from the Nine Worlds. Join Hearthstone, Blitzen, Samirah, Alex, Jack, T.J., Mallory, Halfborn, and more on a hilarious and unforgettable journey through Rick Riordan's unique take on Norse mythology. While Magnus is off visiting his cousin, Annabeth, his ...more
Published October 2nd 2018 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about 9 From the Nine Worlds, please sign up.
Kimberlee I'm about 70% of the way through this. So far everything takes place after Ship of the Dead. I have no reason to believe that this will change as the…moreI'm about 70% of the way through this. So far everything takes place after Ship of the Dead. I have no reason to believe that this will change as the stories are all connected.
(less)

destiny ♎ [howling libraries]
Feb 09, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: fantasy
me: *has only read PJO 1-3*

also me: brb while I pre-order every single thing Uncle Rick releases forever and ever amen
Regina
Feb 24, 2018 marked it as to-read
All I want is more Alex Fierro in my life
Taylor
This was a lot of fun, and it was great seeing our characters again. My favorite stories were definitely T.J.'s and Mallory's!
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
*sees Magnus Chase and automatically adds it to my cart*

Wow, I think my brain just might have had a little drop out.
I only saw Magnus Chase and it was like my fingers were moving by themselves.
I didn't even know there was more to come but since I love Magnus and Alex and all their friends this is so going on my TBR.

Thank you Uncle Rick! <3
Isa Cantos (Crónicas de una Merodeadora)
"Somedays you are the ax, some days you are the decapitated head".

Adoré este libro de historias cortas... y, ódienme, pero creo que es porque Magnus no narra ninguna. Aquí Rick Riordan les da protagonismo a Amir, Samirah, Alex, Blitzen, Hearthstone, TJ, Mallory y Halfborn. Cada uno se embarca en una aventura diferente en uno de los nueve mundos de la mitología nórdica y las historias son súper refrescantes. Que sí, que sus vidas, como siempre, siguen estando en peligro, pero esta vez su gran pre
Anna
Feb 09, 2018 marked it as to-read
AAA WHAT?! YESSS! I'M GOING TO CRYY!

I need more Alex Fierro and the rest of the gang in my life. Yes. I NEED THIS NOW PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

Wait, Magnus is "off visiting his cousin, Annabeth"?? Will he be in a TOA book? Will he meet little Estelle?????? So many questions, such a long wait!

(Now pardon me whilst I mark the release date on my calendar and lose my mind waiting until I can get my hands on this beauty.)
claire
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was actually kinda hoping of more Magnus and Alex interaction but sadly there's none. Nonetheless it was still a good read.

PS. I badly needed more of Rick Riordan's humor. Please publish another series huehue
Annemieke / A Dance with Books
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
'Think about it. What's the one thing all nine worlds have in common?'
'Thor's footprints and lingering fart stench?'
Mari
Feb 08, 2018 marked it as to-read
You got me at Alex.

Well, actually at Rick Riordan.

NEED
NOW
THANKS.
Cori Reed
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved being back with these characters!
milou ✲
↠ 3,75 stars

Getting the opportunity to read about these characters again was a huge blessing because I missed them enormously since the Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard series had ended last year. This time we get read short stories which were told from different pov's and it almost felt like coming home to Hotel Valhalla
Coreen  (AsThePlotThickens)
Thor jogging in the nine worlds. You dont see that everyday, do you?
Alyssa
I received a copy of this book from Disney-Hyperion via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

9 from the Nine Worlds is the latest from Rick Riordan's Gods of Asgard series. Like other of his books, 9 from the Nine Worlds is more of a companion book which consists of nine short stories. Each chapter, or story, is told from the point of view of one of Magnus’s friends and each travels to one of the Nine Worlds. We get to see Hearthstone, Alex Fiero, Halfborn, and Blitzen as well as other cha
Joy
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was so much fun to revisit the worlds and friends of Magnus Chase, whose series ended much too soon, in my opinion. This short collection is a fun jaunt through all nine worlds of the Norse mythologies, as the title implies, but it is so much more. The combination of literary detail with contemporary, light-hearted writing and characters gives Riordan a place of his own in the genre and in the hearts of his fans. Another winner, for sure.
Ellimai
Feb 11, 2018 marked it as to-read
LOOK AT THIS COVER!!!! AND MORE STORIES OF MY PRECIOUS BABIES AGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Evelin
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2018
Девет разказа по време, на които ще си умрете от смях!
Захванах се с книжката, защото се надявах да има разказ за Алекс Фиеро и не останах разочарована, но още преди да дойде нейният момент на слава ( тогава беше тя) книгата ме беше грабнала. Какво говоря грабна ме още от първия си разказ от името на Один, когато той гледаше как Хеймдал прави видео клипове с Отис и Марвин, козите на Тор, докато Тор тича през 9-те свята и пърди за световно (буквално), слушайки рок. Умрях от смях!
Иначе всички люб
Dan
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
THIS WAS SO FUN TO READ (every rick riordan book is, to be honest)
Ms. Yingling
Jul 25, 2018 rated it liked it
E ARC from Edelweiss Plus

If you haven't ordered this for your library already, you need to! It's hard for me to review short stories, and the Norse mythology is not my strong suit, but there are different camps of Riordan fandom emerging now, and Asgard lovers will need this! I have to admit to loving The Lightning Thief best of all, although one of my runners is trying to convince me that The Kane Chronicles is really the best. (And I would love to see a movie of that one, as long as they didn'
Annabeth
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“Buddy, I insult everyone.” I waved my daggers. “See these? They’re sharp, but not as sharp as my tongue.” Or your fangs, I added to myself as the dragon loomed in closer to inspect my blades.
“Wow. Those are pointy.” Nidhogg looked genuinely impressed. “Are your insults really sharper than that?”
“Mister, that question is so dumb it makes me think your brain is like Odin’s left eye socket—completely empty.”

I have one (1) complaint and it is that this book was way too short. And now that I think a
Manon
Oct 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Manon don’t give out 5 stars just because of Rick challenge.

3,5/5
While the writing in this book was very comforting and never failed to make me smile, this collection of (very) short stories doesn’t make Rick justice. I feel like this format does not really suit him, the stories were weak in terms of plot and characterization which is never the case in his full length novels. However it was nice to be reunited with some characters from the Magnus Chase universe. I am always trash for Rick’s ne
Lucy Rojas
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"If one einherji can do this, imagine what all of us can do, And will do, come Ragnarok. We are not destined to win, but we will fight with honor"

i'm done

"The next time you try plotting against us, remember this"
I gestured to my friends.
"We'll be ready"
Kiki van Dijk
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Naast het feit dat de cover super, super mooi is, gaat 9 From the Nine Worlds ook nog eens over een van de leukste personages uit de Riordanverse. Allemaal mijn mening, natuurlijk, want misschien vind je Magnus Chase een vreselijke serie.

Hoe dan ook, dit dunne boekje bevat negen korte verhalen verteld door acht van Magnus' vrienden en een god. De verhalen zijn leuk om te lezen, maar ze voegen eerlijk gezegd niet echt iets toe aan de originele trilogie. Jammer, want daardoor is deze bundel niet
Bianca
Nov 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Those were nice and funny little stories, but too short to be exciting, especially compared to Riordans other short stories. I still enjoyed reading them and Thor's jog through the Nine Worlds was hilarious.
Brittany
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love these characters. Love this world.
Rick needs to continue this series.
Amy Rijk
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again a 5 star because I just enjoy Rick Riordan's writing a lot and I usually find myself without complaints.

Some of the stories were a little less interesting to me, but that only seem natural in a multi-character assembly book. Not the best I've ever read by Rick Riordan, but entertaining. And it gave me a lot more Alex than I expected.
Rebecca
I love all things Rick Riordan, but "9 from the Nine Worlds" felt kind of lazy--something thrown together for die hard fans.

Thor, god of thunder, decides to take a jog through the nine worlds while everyone who's name ISN'T Magnus Chase runs into him to either save him or clean up the mess he makes. There are funny moments and cute meet-ups but it's like trying to make a meal out of meringue. You're left feeling empty because there isn't enough substance to what your eating.

And, if you're not fa
Alice-ginevra Micheli
A great little novella that continued the adventures of the side characters from the Magnus Chase storyline. Once again I love getting to know and continue with the characters I’ve grown to know and love!
Bibliofiendlm
Expected publication: October 2, 2018 by Disney Hyperion

I received an ARC in exchange for a review - thanks Netgalley and Disney Hyperion!

Publisher's Summary:
Gladys
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, love this book. I'm not going to lied, when Magnus Chase last book ended I was a little bit disappointed because it left somethings unfinished, specially with his friends stories. I love this book since it gave me a new insight into their minds. Every chapter in the book is dedicated to one of Magnus friends, and the thing that tied every story in the end is Thor! Who by the way continues to be CLUELESS! I want to keep reading more of this characters

Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard (3 books)
  • The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #1)
  • The Hammer of Thor (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #2)
  • The Ship of the Dead (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #3)
“AWWW, YOU two are so cute together it makes me sick. So I’m going back to my own room.”
I’m not sure Mallory and Halfborn even heard me when I left, they were lip-locking so hard. Seeing them like that almost made me miss Magnus. Almost.”
2 likes
“He thrust his hand in the air and summoned his sword of pure white flame. The gods and goddesses cowered. Throwing his head back and laughing, Surt grew to his full giant size. “You minor, forgotten, pathetic deities! So easy to bend to my will. Not one of you would dare to defy me!”
I chose that moment to shape-shift into a bee, buzz up Surt’s teeny-tiny nose, and jab him with my stinger.
With a howl of pain, Surt dropped his sword and shrank to his previous size. I changed into my true form.
“I dare.”
I whipped one end of my golden garrote around his neck and yanked it tight. Then I snatched up his flame sword and with one upward flick, sliced off his pubescent nose. “Jack and Magnus send their regards.”
Surt lunged for me. I transformed into a bighorn sheep and head-butted him right where his nose used to be. Then I changed back to human, tightened the garrote until his eyes bulged, and threatened him with his own sword. “Come at me again,” I warned, “and you’ll regret it.”
I surveyed the stunned deities. “If one einherji can do this, imagine what all of us can do. And will do, come Ragnarok. We are not destined to win, but we will fight with honor. We would welcome you on our side of the fight. But, if you must side with him”—I gave the garrote a vicious tug and was rewarded with a gurgle from Surt—“know this: I will personally hunt you down on the Last Battlefield of Vigridr and see that you are sent straight to Ginnungagap. The choice is yours.”
The deities vanished.”