Start by marking “The Secret (Billionaire Secrets #1)” as Want to Read:
The Secret (Billionaire Secrets #1)

The Secret

(Billionaire Secrets #1)

USA Today Bestselling Author, Lexy Timms, brings you a billionaire with a past he pretends didn’t exist and a private life he doesn’t want to share with anyone—except with one girl from his past that doesn’t remember him.

The SECRET of happiness is FREEDOM. The secret of freedom is COURAGE.

The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past
Published February 7th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret

Start your review of The Secret (Billionaire Secrets #1)
Cristina
Jan 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Maree Repa
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Five Amazing Stars

Industrial Espionage

I was absolutely thrilled now to read book one, Billionaire Secrets. Written by the amazing, Lexy Timms. I absolutely adored this exciting, most wonderful story about Simon Diesel. Who is a such a beautiful, most gorgeous young Billionaire himself.

Until now Simon Diesel had already worked as a CEO, Dover, one of the biggest companies in the United States. He never had problems with his staff either. It happened this morning when he approached Linda, who
Coco.V
Mar 23, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (3/23/2018)! ...more
Patricia Rash
Jun 18, 2018 rated it did not like it
This book has a cliffhanger

Nowhere in the description does the author tell the reader that this book has a cliffhanger ending. It was probably a “free read” And when I just now checked this book on Amazon I saw that the book only had three stars. I never try a book with less than 4 stars and it’s my assumption that other readers taking the opportunity to try a new author out with a “free read” came to the same horrible ending, got is mad as I am, and left their review as I am now doing. In
Rhonda Hicks
Jul 13, 2019 rated it liked it
First, let me say this. I enjoy Lexy Timms' stories and for the most part am extremely happy with how things are written and how things turn out. I'm at odds this time. Not because of the cliffhanger, that's a given unless it specifically says it's a standalone (can be read as a standalone is a good giveaway) but because I couldn't decide if I liked Heather and the interaction she had with Simon. In the same breath, isn't that what an author's job is? To write a story that will pull an emotion ...more
Adrienne Bird
Oct 27, 2019 rated it liked it
I throughly enjoyed Lexy Timm’s Boss Series, so I was excited to start this series. I saw others in the series right away so I knew it wasn’t gonna be a stand-alone. However, the multiple spelling and grammatical errors for a bestselling author were hard to ignore. Plus the characters were not ones that you could connect with. Simon has no personality until the end and all of a sudden he’s an alpha hero stepping up? Not to mention Heather was going back and forth on her feelings way too much. ...more
Kristy Watson
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Simon has to hire a new PA. When Heather walks in he recognizes her immediately. The girl that he let get away. His first kiss and first love. The one he lost his virginity to. When Heather comes to interview for the company she isn’t expecting it to be for him. She knew he was the CEO, but she was suppose to interview for a different position. Of course things change. When Simon ask if she is the Heather from his past she denies it. She starts off with a white lie that just snowballs after she ...more
Caro
May 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: own, contemporary
This was an ok book. I liked reading it ok but it was kinda slow moving. The characters were good and this was written well, there were emotions, steaminess, a little bit of wishy-washy-ness, and a cliffy. I did not realize it at the time, but this is part of a serial. I would greatly appreciate when these things happen that they are called 'part 1' and not 'book 1'. I got to the end and was very much aggravated. I most likely won't read this book and I don't really have the oomph to find and ...more
Nicole
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebook, romance
Wtf?! The sad thing is that I will probably read the next two books because I have them and because I am procrastinating instead of writing an assignment. In reality, this book is not worth anyone’s time. The female protagonist is a liar and a bitch — oh, we can’t let this go any further.... then has him on his own and changes to Quick take me. He is not much better — we can’t let anyone know..... The story is boring, the sex is soulless, and the characters unlikeable. Add to that the errors ...more
Diana Reeves
May 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Not a standalone

Simon seemed to have a one track mind...work, guess that’s why he’s a billionaire with no real friends and no family to speak of. Then comes Heather with her “secrets”, an ex and a son. Simon actually grew up with Heather and they dated in High School but she’s back now as his personal assistant.

I can’t say I care at all about Heather in this book. She’s immature, selfish and takes advantage of Simon. And the ending.....makes me want to slap her!!!
Donna Midgley
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading The Secret. Simon is a sexy billionaire and Heather is his high school sweetheart who he regrets breaking up with and has always wondered what if.

In walks Heather into his life, looking for a job at his company and we have a recipe for a whole lot of chemistry.

The characters were interesting. Sometimes, i felt like the story took a while to progress but once it got going, it was very good and hooked me.
Andrea Mccormick
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes it’s your first love that sticks with you forever and makes you wonder what if... for Simon that first was Heather, he wonders what happened to her after high school, but when she walks into his office to apply for the job of assistance, his lonely world is turned upside down. Heather knew Simon a long time ago has he changed? She knows she has, with a hotheaded ex husband and a son that needs her, she needs this job, what able her long held feeling for Simon.
Denise Whelan
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
If the story has a cliffhanger, it should be noted in the book. Other authors tell you straight up that their book is part 1 of whatever. I have read numerous books from this author and still has not learned how to let her readers know that that book "series" is really just one complete story, told in several parts.
Sandy Simpson- Rice
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
Not worth more

First book was free but was not worth purchasing additional books. So far the "secrets" seem like the typical stupid reasoning secrets .
You know the kind that aren't based on form of facts of reality. Just a made it in a character's mind and blown complete out of portion.

johanna kolb
Apr 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Misleading

I read part one expecting resolution. It ended with a door slamming.
I will not buy the rest because I did not find the characters lives to be that compelling.
I would pay for the book but not serialized.
Cynthia
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great

Simon was that nerdy guy all through school but what a great friend in his neighbor Heather, she and him were pretty much either others first but he went to college & forgot about her. Now he is a billionaire and she's a single moim.
Stephanie Lawrence
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great read

I like the characters and the story. My only issues is u don't get much of there background story. Like they he felt the need to leave her. Mayne in book two. Can't wait to read.
Clarice Weathers
Feb 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Save your time

This was a waste of reading time. It was like the author did not know how to end it or wanted to just sell more books in the series a slammed or closed door ends the book.but the story is left hanging
Geraldine N.
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Secret: Billionaire Steamy Romances

I enjoyed the story plot but felt the ending was too abrupt. Heather was not a strong character although she appeared to be a great mom. Too much suspense left me hanging.
Kyra Carr
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Secret

The secret here is how an a**hole and an a**hat managed to fall for one another. I held on to get to the end of this book,only to find a cliffhanger. I'm backing away to a safe distance. What a disappointment!
Jane Elizabeth
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Definitely a rollercoaster of ups and downs! Heather can't make up her mind about a relationship with Simon, but her love for and worrying about her son, along with a hot headed ex, and her past with Simon keep getting in the way. Great story, I am ready for the next book!
Samantha
Jun 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Not impressed with this one. It was okay, but didn't flow like I would have expected. The characters were interesting, but the relationship was on and off like a kid playing with a light switch which made it weird to follow. And cliffhanger warning.
Samantha Rhinesmith
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Samantha's

Door in the face! I can't wait to see what he does to her for pay back. Because there is going to be a littke.
Sue
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
What an ending.
Dori Wells
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Get lost in it!!!

Great read I just got lost in the book! Can't wait to get in the next book!! Love anything you write
Leida
Dec 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: amazon-downloads
Didn't care for abrupt ending, but it was good.
Rosalie Perez
May 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Good book

The number of grammatical errors interfered with the fact that this was a good story. Better copy editing is required !!!
Monique
Aug 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
This was a very “ugh” read. Heather lies for no apparent reason except for the crazy reasons she made up in her head. Simon is all in lust & it’s just a bad read.
Steven Allen
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Little break from the SciFi and Urban Fantasy. Try to clear some of the romance books that clog up my inbox. This one is tortuous - too much drama and angst for my likes.
Cindy Levy
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great story. To think that after 10 years of loosing his virginity to find her again. Her secrets holding her back to bring them together after all these years. Awesome read.

• Mind Games
  • Forced (The Blackthorn Brothers, #1)
  • The Billionaire Stepbrother (Young Billionaires, #1)
  • Billionaire at Sea #1
  • The Thing About Trouble (Crystal Lake, #1)
  • Taming The Biker (The Biker, #5)
  • Some Call It Love
  • The Billionaire Boys Club (Billionaire Romance Series Book 1)
  • The Billionaire Offer (In Too Deep, #1)
  • Oscar (The Davenports #1)
  • The Dirty Princess (Royal Secrets, #2)
  • Baby Inheritance
  • Wired (For the Billionaire's Pleasure: Luke & Claire, #1)
  • Lusted (Lusted, #1)
  • Be Mine (London Billionaires, #1)
  • Dr's Orders: A Single Mom Romance
  • The War King (Royal Secrets, #3)
  • Baby Daddy, Everything I Want: (Billionaire Romance)
Lexy Timms is a mom, business woman, dreamer and writer. She finally decided to write her first romance novel and Saving Forever is her debut story.

Billionaire Secrets (5 books)
  • Freedom: Billionaire Steamy Romance (Billionaire Secrets Series Book 2)
  • Courage: Billionaire Steamy Romance (Billionaire Secrets Series Book 3)
  • Trust: Steamy Billionaire Romance (Billionaire Secrets Series Book 4)
  • Impulse  (Billionaire Secrets Series Book 5)