Start by marking “We Three Heroes (The Medoran Chronicles, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
We Three Heroes (The Medoran Chronicles, #4.5)

We Three Heroes

(The Medoran Chronicles #4.5)

"We all have to do our part if we're to survive the coming storm."

Alexandra Jennings might be the hero of The Medoran Chronicles, but she would be lost without her three closest friends. They are her heroes, and like all heroes, they each have their own story.

Meet the real D.C. in Crowns and Curses and discover how she becomes the princess Alex once despised but now adores
Published August 29th 2018 by Pantera Press

To ask other readers questions about We Three Heroes, please sign up.
Chloe It's out now. IT IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. It actually came out in August, in Australia.

Krystal
**Re-Read Feb 19**

Let me reaffirm my original statement that THIS IS SUCH AN IMPORTANT BOOK.

Now, since I'm re-reading, let me go into a little more detail of each story as I finish them. You can read my original gushing a little further down.

WARNING: This review contains spoilers for the first four books in the series

FIRST UP!

Crowns & Curses
The book opens with DC at age 13, trying to deal with an episode of bullying that occurred five years earlier. I haven't hugely connected with DC ove
Darce
MILD SPOILERS FOR WE THREE HEROES, MAJOR SPOILERS FOR THE PREVIOUS FOUR BOOKS IN THE SERIES.

A sweet, sad but gorgeous collection of 3 novellas from the POV of the three best friends of Alex - Dix, Jordan and Bear.

Dix’s novella starts you off by explaining why she was so bitter at the start of Akarnae, and then leads to her POV as she becomes friends with Jordan, Bear and Alex and then as Jordan is possessed. Jordan’s book is from his POV as he is rescued from Aven’s possession, and how he reco
Jeann (Happy Indulgence)
I'm always on the fence about novellas, especially when you don't know how it ties into the story and whether it is actually mandatory reading. But we've followed D.C., Bear and Jordan throughout Alex's journey for 4 books now, and I'm so glad to hear that we got to hear from their point of view here. Most of it is told concurrently to Draekora/Graevale so that's definitely required reading before picking up this one.

The first story, Crowns and Curses talks about D.C.'s life as a princess growin
Ryan Buckby
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing

*i recommend you read books 1-4 before reading this novella otherwise you will be spoiled!! *

I will now think of D.C, Jordan and Bear as main characters and not sidekicks because they are much more than that and this novella proved that.

Crowns and Curses: The first story inside this n
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
I am so loving this author and this series!

Normally I don't bother with the .5 books in a series because they seldom tie into the story but We Three Heroes is definitely a must read.

This book is written as 3 short stories from the POVs of DC, Jordan, and Bear. We get their back stories and their feelings on what is going on in this adventurous tale.

You will have to read the first 4 books in order to understand what is going and I do have to stress that this book will give the reader more insig
Kelly (Diva Booknerd)
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pantera, loveozya
Contains spoilers for Akarnae, Raelia, Draekora and Graevale.

Crowns And Curses is narrated by Princess Delucia Cavelle, heir to the Medoran Kingdom. As a young girl, D.C was well acquainted with the expectations of representing the Medoran crown, the increasing loneliness as she was sheltered from public life and educated within the palatial residence. D.C yearns for companionship, believing she has found a friend in Maxton, the young son of the High Court Judge but Maxton is deceptive and deter
Lexi // libraryoflexi
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a copy from Pantera in exchange for an honest review. (THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU)

For me novellas are always tricky because they’re trying to blend in with the main story without repeating too much and I can often find them boring because they don’t always have enough content for me.

But this was definitely not the case for these beautiful novellas.
This is the perfect companion for fans to read and cuddle during the long days before Vardaesia arrives in our lives.

We Three Heroes was the
Darcy (Daydreamingofbookdragons)
SECOND READ 18/02/19 - 4 stars

I just read my first "review" for this book and wow: I cursed myself. Massively. I was in a book slump my entire reread of this series, so good job me. Way to go, jinxing yourself like that.

But anyway, bumped this down half a star and now I feel terrible. I'm going to blame it on the book slump again and forcing myself to finish this book so I can get to Vardaesia.

Crowns and Curses - 3.5 stars
It was good to get an insight into D.C.'s past and really understand h
Wayne
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 stars and more

It's no secret I've really enjoyed this series and this book was no exception. It's basically three short stories covering the same period as the previous books but from a different perspective.

The world building is superb as always. It's so easy to be swept up and away in this amazing tale. So vivid, so descriptive, just captivating.

So this is mostly about Bear, D.C and Jordan who are the main protagonist Alex's best friends. Many of the fantastic cast of the books are here too
Jenna
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: signed-copy, 2019
*RE-READ FEB 2019*

I’ve come to the conclusion that Jordan’s novella is probably my favourite. It’s so raw and full of emotion and I can’t help but melt learning more about this character and how he became who he is and how he deals with certain events.

*ORIGINAL REVIEW*

It's probably time I reviewed this one, seeing as I read it so long ago!

This companion bind-up of the D.C., Jordan and Bear novellas is a beautiful and brilliant addition to The Medoran Chronicles, and one that is so incredibly im
Teagan
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Confession: I haven’t really liked D.C. and Jordan since Akarnae. I mean, it’s not that I’ve disliked them exactly. It’s just, I don’t get excited about scenes with them in it. At least, not in the same way I do about so many other characters in The Medoran Chronicles.

I loved both characters when I first met them, but they haven’t quite met the mark ever since, and when We Three Heroes was announced I couldn’t help but think t
Sarah Fairbairn
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: loveozya
I read Akarnae and Raelia back-to-back and was blown away. I devoured Draekora and Graevale as soon as I could. So you know I was super excited when Pantera and Lynette Noni announced We Three Heroes. Stories told from the POV of Alex’s besties while I’m waiting for Vardaesia to be released, hell yeah!

D.C.’s Story – Crowns and Curses. In this short we get to experience what made D.C. the sassy ice queen supreme we first meet in Akarnae. We then follow her healing journey and see her become the l
Kerran Olson
Sep 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
3.5* Although I'm still hanging out for the final book, this was a pretty good read. DC's story gave a bit of background to explain her behaviour in the first book, and Jordan's went into his dark past and struggles after Alex released him from Aven's control. Although I enjoyed both novellas, they were both a bit repetitive- especially Jordan's, I lost count of how many times he talked about his scars. Bear's story I really enjoyed though. Even though it gave less unknown details than the other ...more
Duskangelreads
Why would you do that to us?!?!?!
DCs & Jordan’s story’s we’re fine. We got some background and then you have to go and rip our hearts out AGAIN with Bear’s story!?!?!
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Skyla
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This will contain spoilers... just warning you all.

When I started reading this I didn't want to expect to much, but it was honestly incredible.

In Crowns & Curses, I got a closer connection to DC. I never really liked her as much as the others due to her hostility. But honestly, I can now see why she treated Alex the way she did. I hate Maxton so much. This novella was amazing.

Scars & Silence, was indescribable. Everything we never knew about him was revealed. He never told Alex much in t
Alona
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Do I need to mention here again that I loved it? Because I sure did.

Usually, I'm not a novella person at all, but I really enjoyed these ones. Getting to know Bear, Jordan and D.C. more is something that I didn't want to miss. I'm really amazed of how these three stories made me openly laugh at one moment and almost cry at another (almost because I did everything that I could to contain my tears as I wasn't alone).

Now I just have to survive till February, so i can get my hands on Vardaesia.
Nathan Wise
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We Three Heroes provides an amazing and intriguing look at the lives of Alex's three best friends, and allows us to understand some of the motivations behind the actions of D.C., Bear and Jordan.

Stepping aside from the main story of the Medoran Chronicles, we get to learn more about Delucia's life before Akarnae and why she closed herself up when she was at the academy. We hear more about Jordan's childhood and the trauma he experienced at such a young age. And finally, we experience the pain of
Emily
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Novellas and short stories aren't generally my thing but I like how Lynette has approached it within 'We Three Heroes'. Out of the three stories I think Bear's is my favourite. (view spoiler) I kept forgetting that I hadn't read this book but now that it's over I am glad to have delayed reading it because it means less waiting time between finishing this and the release of 'Vard ...more
Alayne
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a backstory of the three friends of the hero of the Medoran Chronicles. DC, Jordan and Bear all have quite a lot of trauma in their lives and Lynette Noni is an extremely good writer. I found myself being deeply moved by her writing and am looking forward to reading the rest of the Chronicles.
Kaysia (bookskay)
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kat
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again Lynette does not disappoint with the three novellas that make up this book. A look and glimpse into the best friends of Alex, and I am now hanging out for the final book next year to wrap up the Medoran Chronicles.
If I could give more than 5 stars I would. Lynette Noni is a true Aussie wonder when it comes to YA novels ☺😍👍
Shaneen Maree Parrott
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
DCs story is a little slow. But keep with it because Jordens and Bears are well worth the read. It's nice to see the same story unfolding from different views.
Rachel (rachels.geeky.stuff)
I'm really glad this book came about. My favourite novella has to be Bear's just because all the things I felt were missing at the ending of Graevale had found their way into the end of his novella, and it was everything I wanted it to be.
Alissa
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A truly amazing set of novellas. As usual, Lyn has gone above and beyond with this book, and it provides incredible insights into the lives of D.C., Jordan, and Bear. I can't wait for more of Lyn's work.
Molly Leyland
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
AHHHHHHH! SCREAMING! I CANNOT WAIT FOR VARDAESIA!

I had the honour of meeting Lynette at the book launch the day after I read this. She is so lovely and signed all my books!

This book was an emotional rollercoaster! Jordan's was my favourite, then Bear's, then DC's. The backstories of some characters destroyed me and some characters are such jerks!
Samantha Rooney
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book just made me wanna cry, grab the characters, give them a big hug, and then reassure them that everything will be ok. Big feels and great insight into DC, Jordan and Bear from their own perspectives.
Sheree
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, 2018
Love love LOVE!
In was crying my eyes out by the end. Bear's story really got to me. I'd love to see a romance between him and D!
Oh Lynette you keep me on the edge lol my emotions are all over the place! Absolutely cannot wait for Vardaesia! ❤
Sam Kas
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
OMG! I have absolutely no words to describe the brilliance of this book. It's Amazing!
Kaiya
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
3 stars for each magnificent story
1 star to the fantastic writing and detail
And a final star to the amazing supporting characters

We 3 heroes is a moving and heart touching novella to the Medoran Chronicles series and is a must read.
« previous 1 3 next »

• White Night
  • For the Forest of a Bird
  • The Rift
  • To The Sea
  • Untidy Towns
  • The Things I Didn't Say
  • The Telling (Disharmony, #1)
  • The Industry (The Industry, #1)
  • just_a_girl
  • Losing It
  • In the Dark Spaces
  • Head of the River
  • The Whole of My World
  • The Intern (The Intern, #1)
  • A Tangle of Gold (The Colours of Madeleine, #3)
  • The First Third
  • Nona & Me
  • Destiny of the Light (Shadow Through Time, #1)
Lynette Noni studied journalism and academic writing at university before completing a degree in human behavior. She lives on the Sunshine Coast in Australia and can be found baking cupcakes, singing along to animated movies, or daydreaming about being swept away to a fantasy world. Some days, she can even do all three at once — and still find the time to sneak in a nap afterwards.

The Medoran Chronicles (5 books)
  • Akarnae (The Medoran Chronicles, #1)
  • Raelia (The Medoran Chronicles, #2)
  • Draekora (The Medoran Chronicles, #3)
  • Graevale (The Medoran Chronicles, #4)
  • Vardaesia (The Medoran Chronicles, #5)
“The books she read took her to places she would never visit, gave her friends she would never have, offered her a life she would never live. They were her escape from the world - they provided therapy for her mind, for her heart. They were hermits trusted companions.Because unlike people, books didn't care if you were a princess or a pauper. Their content didn't change depending on whose eyes travelled over their pages. Books just were.” 3 likes
“NEVER LET THEM BREAK YOU” 2 likes