Start by marking “Bound by the Earl (Lords of Discipline, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bound by the Earl (Lords of Discipline, #2)

Bound by the Earl

(Lords of Discipline #2)

The ties that bind…

After surviving a living hell, Miss Amanda Wilcox craves a peaceful life. Time with her sister and quiet fireside nights are all she desires. That, and some lessons in pleasure. Too disgraced to ever marry, with no virtue left to protect, she has no qualms indulging in a liaison. And she’s found the perfect man to satisfy her.

Julius Blackwell, Earl of Ro
Published March 15th 2018 by Alyson Chase

To ask other readers questions about Bound by the Earl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bound by the Earl

Melanie A.
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kobo
4.5 Stars!
Each revolution of the rope around her wrist was a tether. A link to earth that allowed her to float free without the fear of flying away.
I loved the first book, Disciplined by the Duke. I loved this one! And I can't wait for book 3. Alyson Chase is well on her way to becoming one of my favorite authors!

Amanda Wilcox is a disgraced woman. After murdering her father and spending a year in prison, she has no illusions of one day finding a man to spend the rest of her life with. She
Coco.V
Apr 04, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (4/4/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
The ties that bind...

After surviving a living hell, Miss Amanda Wilcox craves a peaceful life. Time with her sister and quiet fireside nights are all she desires. That, and some lessons in pleasure. Too disgraced to ever marry, with no virtue left to protect, she has no qualms indulging in a liaison. And she's found the perfect man to satisfy her.

Julius Blackwell, Earl of Rothchild was tasked with one job - look after his absent best friend's new sister-
Linda
"Bound by the Earl", is the second book in Ms. Chase 's Lords of Discipline series.
I found the sotoryline well written and the characters like able and the book hard to put down.
Ms. Chase further introduces us to the Earl of Rothschild , Julius. Lacwell and Amanda Wilcox, both of whom we met in the very first book in the series . Though the book is second in the series an dtgecharacters previously introduced you can read as a standalone.
Julius has been asked to stay at his friends house the D
Lubnaa

I am so happy this book lived up to my expectations. Bound by the Earl was one of my highly anticipated books of 2018 because I was hooked on Julius and Amanda since the first book.

Bound by the Earl is one of the steamiest books I've ever read, right along with Jess Michaels's Taboo. These books have two things in common: the high steam level (kinks included) and heroines who have been sexually abused. My heart has been with Amanda since the first book, knowing what she went through.
Sangria
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story, tough read....

I wavered on how to rate it. I had mixed feelings throughout the book. I really struggled and I’m an adventurous reader. I loved the first in this series & was anxious but also well prepared for something angsty, and it was.

Julius is a man who has been thru some stuff! He’s spent time in prison, been tortured, humiliated. He hides it behind his happy go lucky charming facade.

Amanda, well she’s been thru a lot. Fresh out of prison, for killing her disgusting father,
Laura J.
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Julius is an Earl working for the government investigating a blackmail ring. He lives on the outskirts of society and has some odd sexual preferences. Amanda is recovering from imprisonment and the circumstances that lead to her imprisonment and is ready to take a step towards healing (and Julius is in her plans for that first step). Amanda and Julius have both survived horrible experiences and their methods of coping are complimentary to each other (one likes the security of small spaces, the o ...more
Jane
Julius Blackwell, Earl of Rothchild works for the crown; he has a past that influences his lifestyle from his three years as a prisoner in the far East and has a skill set that makes him a leader in the search for the leaders of the crime ring threatening England. He is also the protector of his friend's sister-in-law, Miss Amanda Wilcox.

Julius rescued Amanda from the hangman's noose and prison and from her past. She still has issues of facing her fears and Julius finds a way to help her with hi
Corinne
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
In this story two damaged souls find solace in each other in an otherwise unlikely pairing. I found this story to be well written and did not want to pause in reading. The dialog is good, with a bit of wry humor provided by the earl's friends and cohorts in service to the crown. A blackmailing scheme to be solved provides the background drama and mystery. I'm looking forward to reading the next in this series.
I received a free ARC and voluntarily chose to read and review it.
Gudrun
This is a suspenseful romance set in Regency time. Neither language nor behaviour fit into that time. There are many sexual episodes, featuring bondage, anal....
The mystery is not completely solved in the end, hero and heroine get their HEA.
Firstpella
Some real potential with this author. Weak in the middle with too much snooze of the Men-Posse-Investigation but the smex and romance sparkage is strong.
Space Cowgirl
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
He's Completely Inappropriate🐺🍆🌋👋
Alpha🐺 Male Adult Historical British Romance, circa1815.

Julius Blackwell🐺🍆🌋, Earl of Rothchild, is a scoundrel, an ungentlemanly gentleman, a binder and a seducer! He's also a thief at times, and a member of the House of Lords!
He is staying at his friend, the Duke of Montague's townhouse, while the Duke is on his honeymoon. Julius is charged with being the protector and escort of the Duke's sister in law, Amanda💃💋💔.

Amanda💋💃💔 is soiled goods, She was charged with
Morgan
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Surprisingly good. Sorry but after reading so many romances, especially with the type of sex portrayed in this one, I don’t usually expect very much.

This book had an actual plot (always a happy surprise) and it was a good one (despite some loose ends). The author didn’t throw in dumb twists, ridiculous melodramatic gimmicks, or manufactured conflict to advance the story. The pacing felt a bit slow at times, but not enough to lose my interest.

The characters were well rounded and I didn’t feel th
Reva Parks
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a nice long book with an intricate plot involving politics, blackmail, and intrigue with a group of aristocratic spies. These spies get into plenty of trouble like when they are trapped in a boarded up building that is saturated in oil set on fires on all sides. But above all the story is a love story involving our main spy working for the government, Julius, Earl of Rothchild, who has been charged with living in his Duke friend's home to be in charge of his sister-in-law, Amanda, who t ...more
Janet
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars
After surviving a living hell & being almost hung at Tyburn, Miss Amanda Wilcox craves a peaceful life. Time with her sister and quiet fireside nights are all she desires. Too disgraced to ever marry, with no virtue left to protect, she has no qualms indulging in a liaison. And she's found the perfect man to satisfy her. Julius Blackwell, Earl of Rothchild was tasked with one job - look after his absent best friend Marcus’ new sister-in-law. Bedding his charge is out of the question
Ann Marie
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it

I voluntarily read an arc of this book for a fair and honest review. Although this is a stand-alone I was really confused when I started reading this book. We learn that the heroine was convicted of the murder of her father, she now lives with her sister and her sister’s husband whose story was told in book one of this series. Julius is a friend of Amanda’s sister’s husband and is staying with Amanda while her sister and husband are away. Even though a dodgy old aunt is her nieces official chape
Laila Viking
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A well written story with nice storyline and plot. A sweet romance about learning to trust again. To get over the hurt from the past. The characters are very likeable and well described. Can they open up and get past what happened? Can they be together and find their HEA? They have to let their emotions out and show each other how they feel. Communication is very important here.

The story is true to it's time period. I like when an author has made research about the time period they want to write
Nanadeb
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A HOT, kinky historical.

You know from the start that Amanda and Julius are going to end up in a permanent relationship, but it was fun watching it develope. If you have a problem with BDSM sex, or just TMI sex this isn't the book for you, and bondage might be a trigger too. I loved learning how bondage might be freeing for some and the opposite for others, just like this couple. Amanda's need for small dark spaces was explained well too. The suspensefull plot was really good and I liked Lady Mar
Raecharmed
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amanda is an outcast since she killed her father after he had been abusing her. Now she just wants a solitude life and to spend time with her sister. Julius is a seducer and a member of The House of Lords. He is in charge of Amanda until her sister and brother in law return home. He never expected to find her naked in his bed after he refused her offer the first time. Unable to help himself he gives into temptation. Amanda doesn't expect anything from Julius because of her being a social outcast ...more
Margaret Garrett
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was a pleasure to read this romance, by Alyson Chase. "Bound By The Earl," is book two, in the Lords Of Discipline books. I haven't read book one, yet, "Disciplined By The Duke," ( I want to, now!) this story definitely, stood alone, well. Well-written with a nicely defined plot, there were subtle, indicators that this story unfolded during the Regency, without bogging down the story, with unnecessary reminders and details. An erotic, historical romance, that had elements of a mystery, with b ...more
vamsally
Mar 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Two damaged souls meet, set in historical romance period. They both experienced some horrors in their past that made them not suitable for anyone else but each other. The story is well-written with some interesting psychological background woven into it. The romance starts out as a non-romance, neither wishing to deal with anything deeper. Although there is a first book with some of the back story, it does not need to be read for the full appreciation. The ending is fairly typical...happily ever ...more
Peg Hughes
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gripping!

This is that elusive combination of a great story and red hot erotica in a historical setting. The core of the story is a group of noblemen supporting the government in their fight to expose a blackmail ring targeting decision makers of government and industry. Very excitingly written and the 'scenes' between the H and H are sizzling.
Desperate to read Summersets story !!!
And don't forget we have pavements not sidewalks in the UK
And we have solicitors (me) or barristers( my partner) not
Ann (Fanni Ann)
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This is the first time i've read a story from this author and i must say i quite liked it, it's well written and the characters Julius and Amanda are charming. Julius is charged with looking after Amanda, but he is also after a blackmail ring that the Crown have asked him to find, unfortunately, said ring is now after Amanda. I'm not giving anything away as i don't want to spoil things, but i recommend you grab a copy

i received a complimentary copy and i am voluntarily leaving my own honest opin
Sara
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable historical

Very enjoyable read. I haven’t read the first in the series and after having just a tiny taste of Amanda’s background and everything she went through, I don’t think I could go back in the timeline. I’m glad to have read her HEA. Julius is her perfect match and I love how they compliment each other. My only teeny tiny complaint is an epilogue would have been sweet, especially if it could have included a family reunion. But alas, better to be left wanting more rather than the
Kindle Reads
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Spicy Love scenes but it's the plot that packs a real wallop

Usually I have to choose: either a well-written, plot-driven book or a highly sensual romance. Absolutely thrilled to find author who combines mesmorizing storylines with intrigue and plenty of sizzle (judiciously placed).
Works well as standalone. Recommend reading first of series just for the sheer joy of it.
Felt compelled to read this 2nd book after reading the first. Now Ive become a following fan of this author.
Modern
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I must admit that I am not a fan of historical romances, which this seems to be. But I’m clueless at the hierarchy and ways of the royals, whether in the present or past.
I opened my mind and persisted and found this book to be entertaining. While I’m still not a fan of the genre, I appreciated the writing of this author and found the plot, along with its characters quite interesting. I received this book for a voluntary, completely honest and non incentivized review.
BP34
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was book two in the Lords of Discipline Series. Murder, mystery and blackmail are just a few things in this book. Well written with deep, complex characters that are likeable as well. The book has it's humorous points to balance out all the drama and suspense. Julius, the Earl of Rothschild is an unlikely match for Amanda, but it seems that they are what each other needs. I read a reader copy and voluntarily chose to write a review
Daniella
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This book caught me and kept me. I was incredibly in intrigued by Julius and Amanda is strong and interesting in her own right. The plot feels like it embodies the time period and feels grounded, creating a great springboard for the romance and mystery. I didn't read book #1, but the author does a great job bringing us up to speed. A facinating read on several levels, I highly recommend this one. This is a voluntary review of an advance reader copy.
Sandra
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amanda and Julius have both endured tremendous trauma, while imprisoned, and it has affected them differently. Both find solace in bondage, she feels secure in his bindings, he feels in control when he wields his ropes. In this way, they find a way to heal each other and become whole again. The bondage element of the book takes on a therapeutic, yet sensual quality. It was erotic, but more than that, it was beautiful. I'd give it more than 5 stars if I could.
Caro
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: regency, own
This was a really good book. I loved the characters and their personalities. Especially the unexpected ones. There were plenty of twists and turns, intrigue, courage, strength, self-reflection, some steaminess, a little action, suspense and a good ending. This is something I wouldn't mind reading again. Great for the escape-read, snuggle-in for a good time, and lose yourself in this book. I would definitely like to read more in this series. Enjoy!
T Whitmore
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I very much enjoyed reading this book. It had many twists and turns and that kept bringing me back in. The characters history and journey through overcoming there past was very well written. Detail was added at just the right locations to keep you interested in reading. I would definitely recommend this book.
Alyson Chase writes historical romances that are just a bit…naughty. She is a former attorney, and thought that her flair for dramatic and sexy writing was seriously undervalued in her legal career. She also writes under the name Allyson Charles.

She lives in Northern California where the incredible weather and natural beauty so far outweigh the overcrowding and congested freeways. Also, the food i

Lords of Discipline (5 books)
  • Disciplined by the Duke (Lords of Discipline, #1)
  • Burning for the Baron (Lords of Discipline Book 3)
  • Mastered Under the Mistletoe: A Lords of Discipline Holiday Novella
  • Marked by the Marquess (Lords of Discipline Book 4)
“His touch was soft, wet, and completely inappropriate. It was the most amazing thing she’d ever felt. Dear Lord in heaven, a mouth on her intimate parts. Whoever thought of this was a genius. It must have been a woman.” 0 likes