Start by marking “Big Stick (Aces Hockey, #7)” as Want to Read:
Big Stick (Aces Hockey, #7)

Big Stick

(Aces Hockey #7)

A brooding hockey hunk learns to embrace life—and love—from a single mom who takes the world one puck at a time.

Big move . . .
Jodie's motto is "Don't wait for the perfect moment - take the moment and make it perfect." And that's just what she decides to do when she moves to Chicago with her two-year-old daughter. Now all Jodie needs is a place to live, and her best friend
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 275 pages
Published October 23rd 2018 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about Big Stick, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Big Stick

Carol
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars.
Kelly Jamieson writes such feel-good stories, they are usually fairly sweet, tender and more than a little heartwarming.
I especially like her hockey romances. They are entertaining, with character and charm not unlike her heroes and heroines.
There is often some drama but no major angst.

It took me a little while to get into this book but once I did, I loved the slow burn romance between Jodie and Nick.
I simply adored Jodie. I liked the fact that she was an independent but also kindh
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, sports
Another fallen hockey hunk! This time we get Nick and Jodie's story. We got introduced to Jodie and her daughter in book 5 when her best friend and business partner, Kendra fell in love with Max.

I'm such a sucker for little kids in romance books that I was hoping for their story. It did not disappoint. I loved Zyana, she was so stinking cute. And there is nothing hotter than a guy with kids. 💕

They had a rocky road ahead of them. Nick has isolated himself and Jodie has already resigned to not fi
Elizabeth Clinton
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Aces Hockey at its best. Nick Balachov is the newest Aces player to get a story and what a story he has. Grumpy, Standoffish, but all with good reason. Life has been hard on him but a career with the Aces has changed everything but until he meets Jodie and her sweet daughter Zyana he never saw them coming.
Jodie is a single mom by choice and a business owner with her best friend life is great and when a big burly Hockey Player crosses her path her life will never be the same.
Jodie & Nick ma
Wendy'sThoughts
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Kelly Jameison Fans, Hockey, Romance
3.5 Determined Stars
* * * 1/2 Spoiler Free
This was a winner for me. It is part of an ongoing Hockey series and I was able to jump right in.

You have a woman who has learned the hard way how life must be managed on her own terms.
The foster system was the teacher. She figured out what she wanted and got it her way...a sperm bank daughter. She is happy with her life, devoted to her daughter and career.

He has been a success but the loss of his brother has rocked his world. He is in hidden pain. H
Tpagirl
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Big Stick was the seventh book in the Aces Hockey series by Kelly Jamieson.

Jodie was the best friend and business partner to Kendra, Slap Shot, book five. They co-owned a sex toy company that recently relocated its headquarters to Chicago. She also was a single mother to a vivacious three year old.

Nick Balachov was an NHL forward for the Aces. He was known to be brooding and often isolating himself. He stated early on that he didn’t much like people, yet he interacted well with his team members.
Jackie Wright
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars for Big Stick which is book 7 in the Aces Hockey Series but everyone of this series can easily be read as stand-alone books. I love hockey and I love this series and I was excited to be back in Chicago with the Aces and I was not disappointed Kelly Jamieson delivered once again.
Jodie is a business owner and single mum she has just moved to Chicago with her best friend who also happens to be her business partner, life is moving in the right direction but that’s about to change when she
Avid Reader
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Big Stick (Aces Hockey #7) by Kelly Jamieson
4 stars
M/F Romance
Triggers: Depression
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

This is the third book in the series that I've read. I really liked Jodie's perspective on life. She knew what she wanted and went for it. She was intelligent, vulnerable and strong all wrapped in to a tough package. She loved her daughter fiercely and would do anything for her. But in order to continue with her business, she moved to be near her partner.
Taz
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nick is a Aces hockey player who likes to be left alone to work on his house and hang with his few chosen friends. Jodi is a free spirit single mom who by chance is now living in Nick's guest house. Nick has never wanted a family, girlfriend, or even kids yet by doing a simple favor for a team mate he appears to have it all. Nick and Jodi have demons of their own to work through to be together.

Great emotional characters that have many sides to them. Loved that Jodi is a single mom who designs s
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog

Darcy
This one was predictable from the start, but it was fun to see Nick and Jodie on their journey. The added bonus was Zyana, who was cute!

I liked that quickly Jodie figured out why Nick was so standoffish and even called Nick out on things. From there it gave them a base to start to build things. I also liked how Jodie asked that they take things one day at a time, but if it need to stop, they needed to be adults and talk about things.

You knew something would happen when Nick would run scared and
Samantha (WLABB)
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
That's right - book 7, and I am still loving this series. In Big Stick, Jamieson gave me one of my favorite kind of heroes, the grumpy hero, and I really enjoyed watching Jodie help him reveal that heart of gold he had hidden for so long.

Who?

• Jodie - a single mother by choice and mechanical engineer, who was busy building her own business.
• Nick - the resident anti-social member of the Aces, who appeared to only want to save old furniture, but was secretly nursing some serious pain.

What?

Jodie
Erin Lewis
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Star Review of Big Stick (Aces Hockey #7) by Kelly Jamieson

This is book 7 in the Aces hockey series and can be read as a standalone. Kelly Jamieson has done a great job with this series and this is Nick Balachov and Jodie’s story.

When Jodie moves to Chicago she and her daughter need a place to stay, which is where Nick enters the picture when he lets them stay in his Coach house. All Nick wants to do is concentrate on hockey and have an occasional hook up. The last thing he wants is to be seri
Chris
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My favorite Aces book yet!!! Nick is a self proclaimed loner. After losing his family, he’s convinced he’s not meant to have close relationships. He’s fine with just having a few friends on the team and being alone working on his house and refinishing his antiques. Jodie is a single mom. She made the decision to be a single parent and isn’t looking for a dad for her daughter or a man... she can take care of both of them herself. When Jodie and her daughter end up living in Nick’s coach house, a ...more
Cheryl Whitty
Reviewed on http://bookaddict.blog,
Big Stick is a super sweet story of Nick Balachov an Aces Hockey Player, and a super loner that has to force himself to go to his friend Hallsy party. Nick is going through a bad patch and Kendra’s friend Jodie is driving him mad she just doesn't stop talking. Jodie and her toddler daughter Zyana need somewhere to stay, and Nick has an empty Coach House. Well I think we all know what happens after Jodie and Zyana move in.
This is a sweet romance between a moody
Auntee
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Contemporary sports romance fans; fans of Sawyer Bennett
Nick's a forward for hockey's Chicago Aces. He's a loner, doesn't really socialize or date (except for occasional hookups) and spends his spare time refinishing furniture and working on his house. He doesn't want a relationship or a family. That only opens him to eventual heartache and pain. Nick is afraid to be needed by someone because he fears he'll let them down. He suffers some guilt over what happened to his younger, hockey playing brother. He even feels a bit guilty for his hockey career. ...more
Bette Hansen
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this one. Big broody hockey player - check. Adorable little girl with a sexy mom - double check! A fantastic recipe for a fun story that has the heart of Nick Balachov lost to the little girl and her mom Jodie because no matter how hard he tries to resist them Nick just can't stay away.

Wonderfully written and these characters are amazing. The story will definitely leave you smiling. I highly recommend.
Jess (ireadergosum) Reviews
I read this book in two sittings, and only because I was forced to take a break. I loved seeing the character growth. Kelly Jamieson does a wonderful job of giving enough background on the main characters that the reader can get invested in them. Knowing what was impacting Jodie and Nick had me rooting for them to overcome and find their happy every after! Plus, there is the cuteness that is Zyana, and the changing interactions she has with Nick (swoon). I'm a total sucker for a single parent ro ...more
Amy
I adore the Aces Hockey series and this is yet another great addition to the series. I loved the characters and their journey. I love that whole gruff hero who melts a bit as a result of the heroine. Add in a single mother heroine and I'm in. This was a sweet and heartwarming romance that really impacted me. I think the child was handled very well with this one which often isn't the case. Really enjoyed this one and definitely recommend it!
Karen
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Big Stick is the seventh book in the Aces Hockey series. If you have never read a book in this series, you are definitely in for a treat. Each book focuses on one player of the fictional Chicago Aces NHL team. However, the other players also appear in the books, so it gives you a chance to catch up with the previous characters from the series.

Nick Balachov would prefer the solitude of his own home instead of attending a party with his teammates. However, it is his best friend's birthday, and he
Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
I received a copy via Netgalley and voluntarily left a review and all opinions are my own.

Having never read a book by Kelly Jamieson, I really didn't know what kind of fictional world I was jumping into. All I knew is that I love me some hockey hotties and I was ready to “bed down” with a man who could grab my heart and shake it both on and off the ice. It wasn't long into “Big Stick” and I was charmed and enamored by both Nick and Jodie and ready to experience all the ups and downs of their ne
Tracy Flick
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-2018
What can I say about Nick other than I absolutely loved him. Nick has no interest in socializing or dating unless he absolutely has to. So when his team mate asks Nick if his girlfriends best friend can stay in his coach house, he reluctantly agrees. Jodie just moved to Chicago with her 2 year old daughter and needs a place to live and her best friends boyfriend has the perfect solution. Nick tries to keep his distance from Jodie but he is finding that extremely difficult to stay away. He can't ...more
Susan (susayq ~)
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I don't think I could have picked a better book to be my first read from Kelly Jamieson! A broody hero and a bubbly single mom who end up finding something neither expected. I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to reading more in this series and more by this author :)
Maria Rose
Big Stick by Kelly Jamieson is the seventh book in her popular Aces Hockey romance series. This time around it’s an opposites attract romance for quiet and rather grumpy hockey player Nick and his new single mom neighbor Jodie.

Jodie has recently moved to Chicago to be closer to her friend and business partner Kendra who is married to Max Hall, one of the Aces. She’s got her hands full with their online sex product business and a precocious toddler Zyana. Her first meeting with Max’s teammate Nic
Miriam Wolfe
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a voluntary review of an advanced copy.

Wow, what a fun book filled with humor, romance, and so much feeling. Not many books can move me by getting emotional during key points in the story, and this book did that! When Nick was so crushed by feeling that he had failed Zyana and Jodie, I could feel his pain!

I really liked both Nick and Jodie, and especially Zyana. It was fun to watch as Jodie and her daughter slowly worked their way into Nick's heart.

The ending was a tear jerker, and so s
Katie Hansen
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
BIG STICK is a sexy romance that will leave readers begging for more. I am a huge sucker for sports romance stories and this one did not disappoint. If you love sports romances just as much as me as well as second chance ones, you will love this one.
Heather andrews
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nick could just be so charming, “no, we’re not, because it’s not worth it. I have Internet, it works out here, just use it, for Chrissake.” He shook his head." Nick doesn't want other men around his woman, “you want to go out on a date? Fine. I’ll take you out on a date.” He stepped back, crossed his arms, and lifted his chin. “Name the day.” I liked this book, I really loved Nick.
Rebecca Whaley
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So good! Sexy and so much fun to read! I loved it! I love me some hockey and I love, love, love hockey players! I couldn't resist this book and I'm glad I got it! I want more!
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
From the moment hockey star Nick Balachov waltzes into his friends party and his eyes land on Jodie he's hit with an attraction he wasn't looking to find, so he does what he always does, and becomes the jerk needed to send her packing. He's not looking for a roll between the sheets, he's become accustom to the quiet and he intends to keep it that way, and no woman is going to change that. But then again he has never met a woman quite like Jodie, she represents everything he thinks he doesn't wan ...more
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
description
Sweet smokin’ Aces…

I love the Aces hockey team – the players, the sense of family and the warm, strong friendships that have built throughout this series. Each story centers around one couple but they are part of something bigger and I love revisiting the whole gang each time. This is Jodie and Nick’s story and much, much more…

Jodie has moved to Chicago dealing with all the moving challenges there could be when you have a young daughter. A place to live, daycare, making new friends – all a bit s
Marcia
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book takes place at the same time as PLAYING HURT and immediately following SLAP SHOT. Jodie, Kendra Armstrong's partner at Femme Products, which makes sex toys for women, has followed her partner from NYC to Chicago, after Kendra moved to be with her boyfriend, Ace hockey star Max Hall (Hallsy). Back in NYS, Jodie had given up the idea of ever finding a man she could love and trust and feeling her biological clock ticking had artificial insemination to create her now 2 year old daughter, Z ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Illegally Yours (Laws of Attraction, #2)
  • Backhand (Gold Hockey, #2)
  • Storming the Castle
  • Unsuitable
  • Intercepting the Chef (How to Score, #1)
  • Hot Pursuit
  • The Decoy Date (The Wedding Date #4)
  • Hard To Stay (Hard #2)
  • Scoring the Player's Baby (WAGS #3)
  • The Breakup (The Jordan Brothers, #2)
  • Breathless (Yoga in the City #1)
  • Bad Business (Bad Boys of Sports, #2)
  • America's Sweetheart (Real Love, #5)
  • One More Summer
  • Must Love Babies (Must Love Babies #1)
  • One More Moment (Band on the Run, #3)
  • Best of Luck (Lucky #3)
  • On the Line (Milwaukee Dragons, #1)
Kelly Jamieson is a USA Today bestselling author of over 40 romance novels and novellas. Her writing has been described as “emotionally complex”, “sweet and satisfying” and “blisteringly sexy”. She likes black coffee, white wine and high heels…and of course cheering on her Winnipeg Jets during hockey season! She loves hearing from readers, so please visit her website at www.kellyjamieson.com.

Aces Hockey (8 books)
  • Major Misconduct (Aces Hockey, #1)
  • Icing (Aces Hockey, #2)
  • Top Shelf (Aces Hockey, #3)
  • Back Check (Aces Hockey, #4)
  • Slap Shot (Aces Hockey #5)
  • Playing Hurt (Aces Hockey, #6)
  • Game On (Aces Hockey, #8)