Start by marking “More Than My Words (Guarding The Gods, #3)” as Want to Read:
More Than My Words (Guarding The Gods, #3)

More Than My Words

(Guarding the Gods #3)

Mason Foxworth has spent the last several months recovering from injuries he received doing personal security while on tour during the horrific fire in Germany. He'd been hitting his stride professionally when he fell through the floor that night, and now his life had been reduced to weekly appointments with physical therapists and various doctors while everyone else aroun ...more
Kindle Edition, 1 edition, 416 pages
Published February 28th 2018 by Rock Gods, Inc

To ask other readers questions about More Than My Words, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More Than My Words

Christelle
No pleasure in reading this one and tbh, I finished it only because it’s part of a monthly reading challenge.

It should have worked : I enjoyed Ann Lister’s previous series "The rock Gods". And this book was about a bodyguard badly injured and fighting to recover, meeting an enigmatic and successful author wanting nothing more than to protect his identity and private life.

But, no, this time, the writing didn’t agree with me, the plot felt weak and the few parts that could have hold my interest we
Bo
Feb 28, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 STARS

There parts of this book I really enjoyed, but there were parts I thought were a little too unbelievable. I find it hard to believe an author could have 2 pen names, and remain almost completely anonymous. Maybe I'm very wrong, but that is just my opinion. Also, why would an author write a book, and state it was based on their experiences if they were so afraid of being found out. Just sell it as complete fiction!? My biggest problem was how insecure Mason was throughout the whole novel
Kindle Alexander
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My writing partner finished this story before me, and her exact words were: It's f-ing great!

Ann Lister can write. We love this whole series and can't wait for more. Four thumbs up, and everyone please leave Ann alone so she can write, write, write. More Than My Words is sexy hot, but also a tremendous story.

High recommend this book, it can be read as a standalone, but you're missing out if you haven't read the first two. The storyline is Amazing. So very well done.
Valerie Degeorge
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Definitely a five star plus read
This book is brilliant Ann blew it away
I absolutely can’t recommend it enough

This story is so full of emotions! I’m absolutely in love! Ann did such a brilliant job on this book. I loved watching these characters grow both broken yet so beautifully put together

We get to catch up on Mason after he was injured in the fire guarding our favorite Rock Gods.
I’ve always been intrigued by Mason and in this story Ann gave us such insight into who he really is and I’ll t
DeeNeez
Aug 08, 2018 rated it liked it
I like the very beginning, and all the plot action towards the end. But the middle and majority was just the two MC getting it on. Too much fluff in the middle. Overall a good, yet predictable read.
Joanne Mountford
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I have a special place in my heart for this series. The guards that have The Rock Gods backs are turning out to be just as beautiful with a burning passion that sets the pages alight.

Mason Foxworth was severely burnt while protecting The Rock Gods during their time on tour. He’s determined to get back on his feet and return to work. Whilst Doctors believed his leg to be too damaged, Mason wouldn’t let it stop him from living his life just as he always had. With pure grit and determination Mason
Ashley Gibbons
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've been waiting ever so patiently for this book and.. i have to say it was definitely worth the wait! I love ann lister and her books! , More than my words was action packed and romantic all in one, i really loved it, she nailed it again, i always look forward to the next book, 5 stars from me!!
Lynn Michaels
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So good. #TeamTessler
Jennifer Reilley
More than words.

I am a huge fan of Ann's and this book met and exceeded my expectations. I fell in love with these guys and story.

Mason works for Venture Security and we met him in previous books. He was injured while working. Now he is recovering and trying to get back to himself. He is working hard and nothing is going to stop him.

He meets Tessler, which we find out is an author, and initially don't hit it off but there is a definite attraction there.

I loved their connection to each other an
Nat
Apr 10, 2018 added it
59% and I just can’t get into this at all. Boring af and I’m not sure why. Can’t say I’ve liked these books as much as the bands stories.
Leci Forde
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved Mason and Gavin

This book was my favorite in this series. They were a matched set and I loved the very natural evolution of the relationship. This book can be read as a stand-alone but would be better read in order of 5he series!
Melisha
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A must read

This book is a must read as much as the rest of the series has been. I absolutely love this series and was happy to see Mason get his HEA.
F.
Marcus is slowly recovering from his injuries received when he got caught in a fire at a concert hall while working as security detail. While getting a coffee after a gruelling PT session, Marcus meets Tessler (a very successful sci-fi author)by falling at his feet!! Despite this inauspicious beginning, the two men meet again and begin a friendship. Both have secrets and anxieties that affect them. Marcus has both physical and mental scars, not only from the fire but also his time in the Marines ...more
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie

4 Stars

Ugh, this hurts to say, because I love Ann’s writing, but I didn’t love this book as much as I have the others. I absolutely adored Mason and I found his story interesting and compelling. My heart went out to him and his struggle with his body image issues after being scarred in the fire in Berlin.

What I didn’t like, or should I say, who, I didn’t like, was Tessler. The sad thing is, I can’t put my finger on exactly what it was, he wasn’t an unlikable character, but something about him r
Sue
I SAVOURED EVERY CHAPTER ~BRAVO

Bravo, Ann Lister, Bravo!!! Tessler was a wonderful, beautiful, some times naughty man who is a great addition to the series. Mason, our always quiet hero, needed someone to shake his tree. Mason is a fantastic character and I think it's absolutely fitting that an EXTRAORDINARY author took him down. This story was everything I hoped it would be and more. Thank you Ann, for another compelling, adventurous love story.

APPRECIATION AND THANKS

Natalie Weston Book Club Gone Wrong
This was a captivating story from the first page, and you won't want to put it down until the very end.
It's the story of two lost souls. Both fighting their demons on their own, just surviving not really living.
But then a chance encounter changes that. The chemistry and heat between Mason and Tessler is off the charts.
Their romance is intoxicating and passionate and you will find yourself falling in love right along with them.
There is an element of trouble in this story as well, which proves Ma
Gillianpaytonhotmail.Com
Simply put wow

One of my all time favourite series, More Than My Words does not disappoint. After being badly injured during a fire, Mason is feeling broken. Unable to do the job he loves, he spends most of his time with appointments to see doctors, therapists & physical therapists.
Tessler loves being an author but in order to protect himself he hides away, living only a half life. When these two men meet sparks fly but is their connection strong enough to overcome their pasts and forge a lif
Christie Howell
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved the story. Amazing storyline.

I simply started reading this woman because she was tied in with Sandrine Gasq Dion and her Rock series. Every mention of Ann's Rock Gods had me drooling for this books. I broke down and bought them and I was not disappointed. I loved every book I've read so far from Ann Lister and this book took my love of her work higher. If you haven't read this series or her other works you should definitely pick them up. Loved this storyline.
Denise GremoryKohta
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was amazing!

It was like Ann Lister really knew what it is like to recover from the type of trauma Mason went and still goes through. I truly enjoyed their story. This might sound weird so bear with me. Part of me wants to read the journal but another part doesn't and that's because Mason isn't reading it. I know that might not make sense but I'm weird lol. I would like more closure on Agent Douche. I don't feel he's paid enough.
Pat
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Awesome

Well written , as usual. The dynamic between Tessler and Mason is sizzling. Mason, enduring rehab, following that awful fire, has PTSD and self image issues. Tessler has a past he would rather forget. An accidental meeting has them exploring the possibility of more. Then the past comes back to haunt Tessler. Loved it and love this series. Characters are well rounded, storyline is solid.
Dieann Beckwith
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Must Read!!!

Omg! This is a must read. To ALL my fellow readers, if you've followed Ann Lister, you must read this series, you will not be disappointed. I simple cannot wait for the next book, Black Key Journal. Also, I can't wait to read about Vincent and his new hire. Keep them coming Ann.
Pam Brooks
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ann Lister Does It Again

The books of Ann Lister are so special. She writes her stories in such a loving way that I believe even if m/m isn't your thing, you still owe it to yourself to give her a try. Her characters have many levels to their lives and what drives them to their truth. Ann always wonderfully shows that simply Love is Love, and we are blessed wherever we find it!
T.L. Travis
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What’s not to love?

As much as it contains the usual hot guys and stellar sex scenes, this book also calls to your heart. Just because something appears perfect on the outside, doesn’t mean it is on the inside.

Once I started this book, I couldn’t put it down and as usual - Ann didn’t disappoint.
John-Torleif  Harris
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

I loved Mason in the previous books and was so excited when I saw that he got his own book here. My expectations were more than met with this excellent addition to the series. I loved that both Mason and Tessler had the opportunity to grow, and to grow together, throughout this story.
Julie scott
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
More Than My Words (Guarding The Gods Book 3)

First I want to say I loved the shout out to Sandrine even though she's not with us any more was excellent i loved it she will never be forgotton ...The book was also excellent I loved it and can't wait to read more of this series in hooked....
Tracy Perry
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm loving this series & the characters too of course. It was a great storyline & awesome read, I throughly enjoyed it & I was surprised I didn't cry until book was almost finished. Loved Tessler & Mason, so happy they found each other!
Dennis
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
More than my words

The title says it all cause I don't have the words to describe how good this story is. Ann has out done herself with Tessler and Mason. How they support each other is beautiful.
Karen
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. Well written with kick ass characters. This is an awesome series that is a spin off from another awesome series. I love Ms. Lister's stories and I am looking forward to what comes next.
Simera
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mason and Tessler are both fighting their own demons but together they can overcome anything.
Thier story is emotional and sweet.
Wendy Moore
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ann Lister never disappoints!! So many feels, I loved both Mason and Tessler. Looking forward to the next book!!

• Collide (Out for Justice, #2)
  • Phase Shift (Chaos Station, #5)
  • No Quarter (Archangel Chronicles #1)
  • On the Trail to Moonlight Gulch
  • Demons Don't Dream (Demonic Tales #1)
  • One Night In Reno
  • The Alcove (Lavender Shores, #7)
  • The Proof Is the Way It Hurts
  • Coming Home (Baxter Springs, #1)
  • Dog Days (Wolf Winter, #1)
  • Hot and Dangerous (Decorah Security #6)
  • Unprincely
  • See My Words (Spectrum Nights, #2)
  • Snake Charmer (Shifter Squad #6)
  • Vow of Protection (Personal Protectors #1)
  • Heart's Home
  • Venetian Masks
  • Snakes Among Sweet Flowers
Ann Lister is a native New Englander currently living in Florida with her husband. She has pulled details from her years living in the New England area and uses many local settings and landmarks in her novels.

After graduating art school, marrying, and raising two daughters, she established her own video production company. Her nearly two decades working in video production included work within t

Guarding the Gods (4 books)
  • Zac's Mulligan (Guarding the Gods, #1)
  • Honor And Pride (Guarding The Gods #2)
  • The Black Key Journal (Guarding the Gods #4)
“That doesn’t explain how you got the notes,” 0 likes