Start by marking “Bleeding (Oil Apocalypse Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Bleeding (Oil Apocalypse Book 2)

Bleeding (Oil Apocalypse Book 2)

Dev and Sierra--who have come of age emotionally and as warriors--head down to Payson to spy on the men who have taken over the town. What they find there horrifies them.

And Sierra’s aggressive streak leads them into a confrontation with these invaders, one that will put everyone’s lives at risk.

Can the neighborhood survive the end of oil?

-----------

Book 3, which
Audible Audio, 230 pages
Published January 30th 2018 by Tantor Audio

To ask other readers questions about Bleeding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bleeding

Start your review of Bleeding (Oil Apocalypse Book 2)
Brian's Book Blog
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-audiobooks
Continuing The Story

Bleeding is the second book in the Oil Apocalypse series by Lou Cadle. It takes place as one group of outsiders are trying to survive a world where the oil is gone. Where people have gone over the edge to survive and will take anything that they want. They are just trying to eek out an existence outside of this world — farming, utilizing both the sun and the wind to give them power.

In this book, we see some characters grow and others stay the same. There is a lot of internal
Alexandre Rotger Müller
Starting where Slashed left off, Bleeding follows Dev and Sierra in their reconnaissance of the area, the surrounding neighborhoods similar to theirs first, and the town of Payson second. While we keep seeing how the group of survivors keep tending to their mundane chores and tasks to keep themselves well-fed and their lives more or less up to normal, we also learn how society in the rest of the country, and possibly the rest of the world, seem to have collapsed completely. People are starving, ...more
Todd Charlton
Perhaps 3.5 stars rounded down. Bleeding isn't as good as Slashed, but in this the second book in the Oil Apocalypse Series, Lou Cadle settles his characters into their new way of life. A few waves of attackers come to kill them, but they resist well. They are always out numbered but they are turning into an elite fighting force. A few of our main characters get hurt and a few newcomers join the team, but nothing extraordinary happens.
But Sierra has big plans for book three.
Debra Harrison
The storyline for this series is interesting and character development is well done. This is, in my opinion, a good read for those interested in apocalyptic fiction. I have a not so secret love of apocalyptic fiction. I enjoy reading about the many ways folks "handle" a society collapse. I did not rate it higher only because I do not consider it especially "literate". Like a bag of popcorn - it is not especially filling nor does it provide much nourishment - but I like it... smile
Mechelle Wallace
Great Read!

There's a good story line and soon you feel like you really know each character. Their daily lives are realistic, describing what it takes for survival. There's plenty of action, yet not overboard on the gore of killing. I'm reading them all!
Matt Ohr
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent and thought provoking.

This and the previous book in this series not only entertained but taught me voluminous amounts about survival during crisis but also commonsense and ethical morality. Great writing. Thank you.
Pam Shelton-Anderson
This is a very good second book to the series. Arch is a little toned down. I like that there are two strong females, Kelly and Sierra though this is starting to become a little bit of a Sierra show.
Gerri
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good book 2 in a series. Set in a bit of a futuristic setting, this book is very believable. The author is an excellent writer and you find yourself invested in the characters. Highly recommend.
Eric Prater
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series

I like this series, author did his homework, tightly written, suspenseful, great read! Set close enough to our time to get your mind working.
Erlana H Stark
Apr 24, 2018
James Ashton
Oct 01, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Ranch: Jack Sterlings Legacy (The Legacy Series Book 1)
  • Rules of Conflict (Survival Rules #2)
  • Take the Hit (Nuclear Survival Saga #4; Nuclear Survival: Northern Exposure #1)
  • Rules of Survival (Survival Rules #1)
  • Grace Under Fire (Locker Nine #2)
  • Escape (Dark Road #2)
  • Melt (Melt, #1)
  • Turbulent (Days of Want #1)
  • Breakdown (Dark Road #1)
  • Duck for Cover (Nuclear Survival Saga #5; Nuclear Survival: Northern Exposure #2)
  • Surviving the Elements (Survivalist Reality Show #3)
  • Days of Panic (EMP Survival, #1)
  • Resistance (Dark Road #3)
  • Allison's Secret
  • When the Power Is Gone (A Powerless World #1)
  • Freezing Point (After the Shift #1)
  • Hope Sparks (After the EMP #7)
  • The Perseid Collapse (The Perseid Collapse, #1)
Lou Cadle grew up in Tornado Alley near the New Madrid fault, was in San Francisco's 1989 earthquake, watched minor eruptions of Mt. St. Helens from close up, and hiked several times over Kilauea's active lava flows. Cadle currently lives in haboob country.