Start by marking “The Omega's Gamble (Lord Trenton #1)” as Want to Read:
The Omega's Gamble (Lord Trenton #1)

The Omega's Gamble

(Lord Trenton #1)

Saint Valentine’s Day is for lovers, but for one omega who lost his alpha mate to a tragic accident, it’s full of painful memories.

Lord Cuthbert ‘Cuddy’ Trenton, has agreed to attend a gathering of alphas and omegas, but instead of a dreary evening making pleasant conversation, he meets an alpha, Viscount Henry Caldwell, who has traveled the world and prides himself on ne
Kindle Edition, 1 edition, 24 pages
Published February 6th 2018 by Colbie Dunbar

To ask other readers questions about The Omega's Gamble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Omega's Gamble

Len Evans Jr
Mar 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
A short story telling about the meeting and the mating of omega Cuddy and alpha Henry. A bit too short for my tastes which results in the whole thing feeling rushed and kinda superficial.
annob
Mar 19, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction, m-m, m-m-romance
Please tell me this was intentionally written as a parody?
⚣Michaelle⚣
I'm gonna give the second one a try since the first installment was so short and I can't really write this series off on so little...plus, I managed to get them all for free from the 'Zon.
Patdbooks
Sep 09, 2018 rated it liked it
A short story that shows so much promise yet too short until you read the following books and even at that too short. Characters show so much promise but not enough to give depth
♥~♥❇ ★~Lyne~★ ❇♥~♥
A short novella that ended way to quick for my taste. It was instant connection between the alpha and omega. The only thing that made up for the quick abrupt ending was the mating bond scenes. The coupling was hot.
Gail Kiogima
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So Short, But So Good!

What a whirlwind romance! It's just too short, darn it all!

This story has a very basic drive to it that is overwhelming. I enjoyed reading it.
Charlotte Hodrick
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
an incredible and interesting story
Tristan
Feb 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: historical
3.5/5

I hope this is a teaser because I like the world, and would have love to read more on it.
Jason
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This short entices the reader to want to read the other full books in this series.
Elaine White
Hmm...I'm going to have to go with half/half on this one.

On one hand...it was short, hot, and a decent start to the overall story which is, I believe, about 6 shorts, at this time? This is a perma-free series, so I can binge read the whole lot in one go, which is a bonus, because if I was left to just read this installment I'd probably not bother to wait and come back when the next one released. Instead, I can read it as though it's one novel.

On the other hand...it's a bit silly. I mean, there i
The Celtic Rebel (Richard)
This just seemed way too rushed. The story had some steam, but what was supposed to be a story about fated mates just came off as another one-night hook-up to me. Both characters needed way more depth to buy into the fated mate scenario. The characters that we have here are not very likable at all.

I realize this is a start to a series, and maybe some of that develops in the rest of the series. Basing my review on what we have here, there is nothing to make me rush out and read the rest of the se
❤Sharonica-Logic❤
🔥HAWT🔥Quickie!

Quick little read in a serial A/Omegaverse. This one is different to most I have read as it has a historical theme, gas lighting is new, and horses are still typical modes of transportation.

Our 1st MC, lost his mate in a hunting accident, while our 2nd is a confirmed bachelor. They meet at a mixer for Alphas and Omegas and are drawn to each other by scent. Yowza! Pheromones much?? 😂

Anyway... It's part one ☝ of a serial, so now on to part two! 💋
3.5🌟🌟🌟🌟
Gerry
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I like!

At first I liked the quickness of the courtship but then the story was over. 😕. It is a trilogy. 😉. I am hoping for more character connection. Haha. So many questions and answers on my. Can hardly wait. I love Alpha/Omega stories. Keep them coming. Please do a full length novel as I love your style.😇
Jennifer Holzapfel
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
M?M 18+ Alpha lord forces himself on Omega lord at a Valentine's day party. The Story takes place when horses, cobblestone streets, and gas lamps covered the landscape. I prefer a more modern Alpha/Omega romance. This one starts and stops suddenly, but there are more in the series, so I must read them to give a better overall picture of the story.
Joelle
Dec 27, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a super short read but pretty darn good. We really don't get a lot of story here. Just enough to make you want to see where Cuddy and Henry's mating leads them. I'm jumping right into The Omega's Wager to see what happens.
Alice Malary
May 29, 2019 rated it liked it
3 stars

I love this series and couldn't put it down. The story line was great and kept me reading. Hope all your books are just as good.
Anna
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
See my review for “Wager”. Mpreg makes this a must read for me!
Sharon
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
good but to short

It was really good but to short. I wish I could get the rest of it but I can't at the moment. :(
Alexis Woods
This was a short erotic romp of Regency. A Lordship Omega attends a dinner and is overtaken by an Alpha. Fast sex and instant "you are mine" mentality. Well written, but I won't bother with it again.
Virginia Lee
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a wonderful short story of Henry and Cuddy. Do have to say that ending little to soon. Cant wait to see what happens next in the series. Recommend this sweet short story
Sj Smithson
May 07, 2018 rated it liked it
A little more please

Too short and felt unfinished.
The ending was abrupt and left me as the reader feeling cut off.
A little more please
Guin
Looking forward to reading the Longmead Woods series.
Shelley Chastagner
Apr 01, 2018 rated it liked it
A very short prequel to the Longmead Woods series. Henry comes across as a pompous ass and Cuddy is almost too vague of a character. I think this story would be best read with the series.
Adult read
Apr 08, 2018
Robert Moore
Oct 27, 2018
Courtney R
rated it did not like it
Nov 03, 2018
Artemis147
rated it it was ok
Feb 08, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Colbie’s characters are sexy, hot, adorable - and often filthy - alphas and omegas. They include feudal lords with dark secrets, outrageous aristocrats with scandals buried deep in their past and poverty-stricken gentleman who have gambled away their inheritance.

Lurking in the background are notorious kings, princesses, and courtiers whose opinions change with each whisper in their ear.

And as for

Lord Trenton (6 books)
  • The Omega's Wager
  • The Omega's Pledge (The Omega's Gamble, #3)
  • The Omega's Halloween