Start by marking “Dear Justice League” as Want to Read:
Dear Justice League

Dear Justice League

(DC Zoom)

The greatest heroes in the DC Comics universe, the Justice League, answer mail from their biggest fans--kids!--courtesy of Michael Northrop, New York Times bestselling author of TombQuest, and artist Gustavo Duarte.

Does Superman ever make mistakes? What was Wonder Woman's eleventh birthday like? Does Aquaman smell like fish? In this new middle-grade graphic novel, iconic h
154 pages
Published August 6th 2019 by DC Zoom (first published May 4th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Dear Justice League, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dear Justice League

Start your review of Dear Justice League
Diz
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
This charming graphic novel is about Justice League members answering children's questions that they receive through email or text messaging (Batman only accepts physical letters or course). The questions deal with the insecurities that children have about life. The topics are presented in a light-hearted and fun way, and the characters show a lot of personality as they think back on the mistakes that they've made in their careers. This is a great book to give to kids, and I think adults would e ...more
Chad
Jul 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
This is superheros for kids done right. Each chapter follows around a different Justice Leaguer as they answer fan mail. It was a lot of fun. Gustavo Duarte's art is very expressive. His art reminded me of Mike Kunkel of Herobear and the Kid fame.
Dan Schwent
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-comics, 2019
With an Insectoid invasion looming in the background, the Justice Leaguers take the time to answer messages from their young fans...

The Dear Justice League special that came out for Free Comic Day was my favorite freebie this year so I pre-ordered this one immediately. Officially, it's for my newborn when he gets a little older but I had to preview it for him. Right? Isn't that what parents are supposed to do?

Anyway, this is a collection of short tales, each featuring a Justice League member res
Bethany
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was such a cute, funny little graphic novel. Perfect for middle grade readers, but enjoyable for every age, it imagines that members of the Justice League are answering fanmail from kids! The results are funny and heartwarming, with a little adventure sideplot involving alien bugs. Very enjoyable! Thank you to DC comics for providing me with a copy for review. All opinions are my own.
Steve
OK, this is kind of cute and different ... and it's colorful and nicely packaged ... and it seems appropriately diverse (gender/race neutral), but I wasn't convinced that I saw or appreciated what all the hype was about.

Granted, it's been a few years since I bought and read pretty much everything in the comic-book-and-graphic novel market (from DC, Marvel, and the smaller publishing houses) for kids - it's what my little ones (that aren't so little any more) grew up with. The all-time family fav
Conley
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"I just loved all the people, the superheroes and the kids." -Conley, age 4
catLin
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I rarely reach for middle-grade titles but I'm so glad I've read this one.
This was super adorable. All the little stories were fun in itself and the overarching plot was too. I'm sure young readers are going to love it.
Mehsi
What kind of letter would you write to the Justice League?

I had my eyes on this graphic novel since forever and I finally FINALLY had the chance to read it. And boy it was just too much fun to read.

We see each of the Justice League superheroes get letters/mails and we see each of their responses to the mails but also see daily life or them kicking some mayor ass. I loved seeing all the various Justice League superheroes and how they went along with their days and how they acted. Each letter is
Wayne McCoy
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
'Dear Justice League' by Michael Northrop with art by Gustavo Duarte is a fun collection of short stories about superheroes who get letters from children.

Each chapter features a different member of the Justice League, and there is a larger story going on loosely. Superman gets asked if he ever makes mistakes. Wonder Woman's letter reminds her of her 11th birthday. Cyborg is challenged to online video games.

I really loved this collection of fun stories that show a lighter side to the Justice Leag
Jammin Jenny
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Justice League and this was a nice summary of what we can expect to see. One of my favorite characters is WonderWoman so it was nice to see her included.
Paul
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a great primer in the DC universe for little ones; I’d say kids about 5-7. Each section begins with a couple-page breakdown of the character… physical traits and costume description. Then onto a little story that includes an answer to these burning questions.

I always like kid books that can be enjoyed by adults too. Puns, physical humor, and some awesome artwork kept me entertained as I read this to my daughter. There’s wisecracks and a bit of ribbing between the superheroes. And th
Alex  Baugh
So, you all know how so many favorite Superheroes were a mainstay for American youth during WWII, right? Back then, the Justice League was formed and called the Justice Society of America (JSA), but eventually, morphed into the Justice League of America (JLA). In 2011, the JLA was reintroduced as the Justice League (JL), and that's pretty much where it stands today.* The name may have been changed over time, but the members not so much - there's Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl, Aquaman, ...more
Cadence
"I like how the superheros respond right back to the kids with being like them." -Cadee, age 7
Doctor
Mar 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Other than Timothy Forner's MONTGOMERY SCHNAUZER, P.I., I am not much of a reader of books aimed at young'uns. However, when I saw that this was a book approachable by both adults (with an sense of fun) as well as well as the intended audience, I was onboard.

The premise was simple: the Justice Leaguers answering texts and emails, as well as an actual physical letter (thanks, Bats!), that deal with honest questions that children would likely pose to the heroes if they were real. There was also a
Kailey (BooksforMKs)
Are the Justice League heroes always perfect? Or do they sometimes make mistakes, eat too much cake, smell like fish, make bad fashion choices, lose the video game, or leave a job half-done?
The Flash, Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Hawkgirl, Cyborg, and Aquaman answer all their fan mail from kids who wonder, "Are superheroes just like me?"

I loved the way the hilarious fan mail stories are woven into a bigger story as the Justice League battles an invasion of insectoid aliens. The writing is rea
Amber
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, middle-grade
3.5⭐️

I really liked it up to the Batman part. I get real touchy when it comes to Batman portrayals. I am an ardent defender of Batman. So, I hate it when Batman is the butt of a joke. It seems like the story only really made fun of Aquaman and Batman. While the other Justice League member got some minor jokes thrown in about them, that didn’t seem like personal attacks.

I mean poor Aquaman was told he smelled like fish while Superman was just texting and flying. Different levels of humor in my o
Cute series of short stories that add up to one long story of an inset invasion that the justic league is trying to overcome. In between fighting the insets, they answer fan mail from kids, who want to know such things as if they have ever screwed up, if Aquaman smells like fish, and if they have ever been the new kid at school.

the superhero’s have changed slightly since I used to read them years ago, but this rendition is fun, and cute, and funny to read.

I think kids will enjoy the stories, as
Yaritza
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a great comic novel. I loved the plot. Children email or mail a letter to each super hero, asking them random questions, like if they ever had a bad encounter or mishap. Each superhero thinks long and hard trying to rebut the truthfulness, until they put deep thought and see that they aren't perfect and mistakes are made by everyone. My favorite was Superman. He might have super on his name, but texting and flying have some serious consequences. Remember safety is first. I loved that each c ...more
orangerful
This was cute if forgettable, with all of the superheroes reading their fan mail and responding. But it is hard to find Justice League comics that are appropriate for kids so this is a great book to have on hand when you get that 10 year old that wants to read about these superheroes
Lana
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this graphic novel! A great introduction for young readers to the Justice League super heroes. I loved how each hero responded to fan mail in their own unique style and how they all came together for the larger story of invading aliens in the end!
Thank you to NetGalley and DC Entertainment for this ARC!
Stefanie Rls
– ‘The Magic Of Wor(l)ds’ blog (https://themagicofworlds.wordpress.com/) is a hobby, reviews and other bookish stuff on this site are done for free.
I’m grateful of receiving a free copy from the publisher/author in exchange for an honest review of this book. –

As a kid I watched a lot of series staring some of the Justice League characters without even knowing.
I mean, in my time it was just fun to watch Louise and Clark or Wonder Woman or Batman in all forms.
I didn’t think about them being in a g
Jessica
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
All my reviews can be found at: http://jessicasreadingroom.com
~~~~
This review will post on Publication Day: August6, 2019.
~~~~
Dear Justice League is a graphic novel aimed at middle grades kids. It is a fun continuous story of kids asking questions of their favorite hero/heroine. And the Justice League even gets to save the day!

There are eight ‘chapters’ featuring a member of the Justice League. Each chapter introduced the character then gets to the important issue of a child’s question in which
Raven Black
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
**Silly spoilers ahead**

I can see the 7 to 10 (and the big kid in all of us) reading this over and over and over. The format is a fan of the Justice League character (Wonder Woman, Flash, Batman, Aquaman, Cyborg, Hawkgirl, Green Lantern and Superman) emails a letter asking about things as deep as "Do you ever make mistakes?" to "Does Aquaman smell like fish?" Each character answers in the style of their personality and along the way you learn that Yes, even Superman makes mistake (and has the ti
Jena
Jul 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: dc-comics
3.5/5

Seriously cute and wholesome. This is PERFECT for its age demographic - it feels very targeted at kids but not like it's talking down to them. I think I would've absolutely loved this if it had existed when I was younger (and probably would've caused me to write a bunch of letters of my own to the JL members - luckily there's a page in the back to do just that!). I gave it 3.5/5 ONLY because this is my GR and I rate books based on how I liked them - it was a little TOO fluffy for my tastes.
Chris Hays
Jan 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, children, humor, art
This is a great book that ties all of the heroes in the justice league together with a simple premise...how would the heroes respond to emails. The stories are brief, yet humorous and the battles that defined so many comics are not a huge part of the story. Starting with Superman was a stellar choice to kick-off this book.
Donna
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this little sneak peek into the DEAR JUSTICE LEAGUE comic. The art is fantastic, the little stories are super cute, and I genuinely laughed. My favorite was Hawkgirl and her gerbil (hamster?). And the reality of going online “for a little bit.” Ha! Super cute. This made me want to dive into the full version of the DEAR JUSTICE LEAGUE comic.

4.5
Mandy
4.5/5

Super cute book with both humor and heart. An absolutely great read for the younger set; Northrop hides his message in clever and modern writing, and Duarte's art is adorable without seeming too young. (Plus: The sound effects are *chef's kiss*.)
Abby Johnson
DC Superheroes answer fan mail from kids in this cute and funny graphic novel, perfect for superhero fans.
Joseph
A fun read, well drawn and written.
Rebecca
This is just delightful. Aquaman and Superman were my favorite chapters.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Under the Moon: A Catwoman Tale
  • Gotham High
  • Wonder Woman: Tempest Tossed
  • The Oracle Code
  • Wonder Woman: Warbringer (the Graphic Novel)
  • The Lost Carnival: A Dick Grayson Graphic Novel
  • The Okay Witch
  • Teen Titans: Raven
  • Mera: Tidebreaker
Michael Northrop is the New York Times bestselling author of 13 books for kids and teens, including the middle-grade adventure series TombQuest and the hit graphic novel Dear Justice League. His first young adult novel, Gentlemen, earned him a Publishers Weekly Flying Start citation, and his second, Trapped, was an Indie Next List selection. His first middle-grade novel, Plunked, was named one of ...more

DC Zoom (10 books)