Start by marking “Teen Titans: Raven” as Want to Read:

(Teen Titans #1)

When a tragic accident takes the life of seventeen-year-old Raven Roth's foster mom--and Raven's memory--she moves to New Orleans to live with her foster mother's family and finish her senior year of high school.

Starting over isn't easy. Raven remembers how to solve math equations and make pasta, but she can't remember her favorite song or who she was before the accident.
Expected publication: July 2nd 2019 by DC Ink

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

Jun 11, 2018 marked it as to-read
    OH MY GODDDDDD
    I'm not into graphic novels but guysss this is about my babyy RAVENNNNNN!!!!
    Hamad
    May 09, 2019 rated it liked it
    Actual Rating: 3.5 Stars

Raven is my favorite hero from the DC world (I am a Marvel fan to be honest), I remember the excitement I had when I was in middle school and I wanted to go back home to watch Teen Titans!
    That's why I immediately ordered this when I saw it on Edelweiss (Thanks for the publisher for the E-ARC which does not affect my opinions on this).

It is also drawn by Gabriel Picolo who I follow on Twitter and is a fan of!
    I feel that rating this is a hard task because it is written by
    Jessica
    Jun 11, 2018 marked it as to-read
    I follow the artist on Instagram and his artwork is amazing! I’m so excited to see what he has in store with this graphic novel!
    Evangeline Dowling
    I received this graphic novel as an e-ARC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
    Teen Titans Raven is a graphic novel written by Kami Garcia and illustrated by Gabriel Picolo. It will hit stores on July 2nd, 2019.
    Rachel Roth (also called Raven) is a 17-year-old high school sophomore who was involved in a motor vehicle accident (MVA) with her adoptive mother. This results in a chain of events that leads Raven to her aunt, who is a voodoo priestess, and her cousin Max, who also possesses
    Juli
    May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    My husband is a big time comics fan and has been for 40+ years. He has a rather extensive collection and knows the background story and facts about almost every character. DC, Marvel, Indy.....he's read them all. I enjoy comics, too. But I'm definitely playing catch up when it comes to my knowledge base. I wasn't allowed to read comic books (unless they featured Disney characters) as a child. My mother didn't approve of them. Fifteen years ago when I married my husband, suddenly I was surrounded ...more
    Lizzy (Bent Bookworm)
    ~*Check out all my reviews over on The Bent Bookworm!*~

Teen Titans: Raven was fun and entertaining, even if you have next to zero knowledge of the world of Teen Titans. I've never seen any of the TV show/movie, and can count on one hand the number of comics I've read in general. I still thoroughly enjoyed this coming-of-age story for one of the main characters from Teen Titans. The plot is very basic, but it answers the story of how Raven came to be who she is and the awakening of her powers we
    Rod Brown
    More like 2.5 stars, but I'll round up because I liked the last few pages.

Since I first read her debut back in 1980 (She's 39? Doesn't look a day over 17 here.), Raven has not had much of a personality, so it was nice to see someone at least try to make her human. The writing is a little cliched -- starting with the amnesia storyline, for instance -- and the art a little rough in places, but I'd pick up a second volume if one came along, which is more than I can say for the Super Sons: The Polar
    Divine Anas
    Dec 26, 2018 rated it liked it
    I've received only a DC Ink Sampler of this graphic novel via Netgalley.

I'VE BEEN A HUGE FAN OF GABRIEL PICOLO SINCE 2015 AND I'M SO ECSTATIC THAT HE FINALLY DID IT! HE FINALLY HAVE HIS WORK IN A GRAPHIC NOVEL BY DC. AAAAAHHHHH I JUST LOVE HIS ART However, as much as I loved the art style, the artist, and welp Raven (I've read a lot of graphic novels about Raven this year!), I think this introductions kind of fell off the mark for me. It's elevated by the graphic artist but without it, it just a
    Kayla Brunson
    Apr 12, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: 2019-arcs
    ✨eARC provided via DC Ink from Edelweiss.✨
    A. M.
    May 09, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
    What I liked:

I really liked the art style of this graphic novel, and Raven has always been my favourite of the Teen Titans. It was interesting to see a bit of her backstory.

What I did not like:

The writing was messy, and was pushed far too quickly. There wasn't any character development, and Raven's character which was so original throughout the tv show became a cliché teenager with no depth. I also really did not like the integration of voodoo culture. It was poorly represented and had no connec
    Angy Potter - Collector of Book Boyfriends
    I NEED THE NEXT ONE NOW!!!
    I loooove it!! Completely!!!
    Great job with the illustrations!!
    Full review to come!!

ARC-V8
    Meaghan
    May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: bea-arcs-2019
    Full review to come after 7/2/19, but this was seriously really cool and I absolutely loved the art!
    Fae Crate
    Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I absolutely loved reading Teen Titans: Raven! Garcia stayed very true to Raven's characters from the comic world while still bringing a young and fresh feel to her for a new story to tell. The illustrations are gorgeous and well done. I was not thrown off by any of the transitions. I cannot wait for this book to be published!
    ♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
    Thanks to my friend Max, I got to borrow his ARC copy while we were at Apollycon and I really enjoyed this. I didn't know a lot about teen titans so everything was really new to me so I feel like I'm going to learn along with her throughout this journey. :)

Can't wait for the next one.
    Beth
    May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Ok, I'm going to be straight-up honest here. I don't generally read graphic novels, and I am not very familiar with most superheroes...Teen Titans included. But something about this cover drew me in, and it sounded good, and...yeah. Long story short? I *really* like it.

The artwork is fitting - not super bright and colorful, but something that matches the story. The story is interesting, and one that I really enjoyed. The last graphic novel related to a superhero, well...was not. Raven is a typi
    Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
    Seems like a good one, I like the cover and the story sounds promising.

When a tragic accident takes the life of seventeen-year-old Raven Roth’s foster mom — and Raven’s memory — she moves to New Orleans to live with her foster mother’s family and finish her senior year of high school.

Starting over isn’t easy. Raven remembers how to solve math equations and make pasta, but she can’t remember her favorite song or who she was before the accident. When strange things start happening — impossible th

Bailey
    It is finally here! The first installment of DC Ink's new Teen Titans series. As a die-hard Marvel fan for most of my life, this isn't a franchise that I'm familiar with beyond cartoons here and there as a kid. I was turned on to this new series because one of my favorite artists, Gabriel Picolo, illustrated Raven's story.

Teen Titans: Raven takes place before the Teen Titans have formed, instead focusing on Raven's life after the accident that taken the life of her mother. Suffering from memory
    Garan
    May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for this book in exchange for an honest review.

Teen Titans: Raven is a reimagined origin story for the character. I enjoyed the things that were played around with. Voodoo, high school, amnesia to name a few. I was thoroughly engrossed the whole time. Kami Garcia's dialogue is so natural that it is hard to not pay attention. Gabriel Picolo's art is fantastic throughout and I love that you can tell how much he loves Raven. So much thought and detail put in
    Callie Rose Tyler
    Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
    Shelves: comics, dc
    Advanced Reader Copy

Loved the art even though my ARC was just the inks. Beyond that the origin story was a little boring and overall forgettable. This is more high school drama than thrilling action story similar to Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane, Volume 1 but without the charm and humor.

Overall, this was a disappointment that did not leave me wanting more.
    TJ
    Dec 22, 2018 rated it liked it
    eARC supplied through NetGalley. This was really basic and filled with boring tropes. I can appreciate the themes Garcia was going for, they just weren’t done well here. I think she recently watched American Horror Story Coven. I will say that the art is really pretty and there’s one or two cute moments; also some great diversity among the cast of characters. 3/5 Stars.
    Melissa
    Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Teen Titans: Raven is basically Raven's origin story, filled with teen angst, friendship, family, and a little romance. This was a really fun read and it was nice to have a graphic novel completely about Raven. The artwork was awesome (even for an incomplete arc) and was very stylized. Overall this was a great graphic novel.
    julianna ➹
    May 18, 2019 rated it liked it
    i think that these dc ink novellas aren't working for me as much as i've expected them to :// (review to come around release date)
    CompletelyBooked
    Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I went into this book expecting it to be pretty mediocre, since any DC related books I’ve read have been a bit of a letdown, but I found this book highly enjoyable! Raven has always been my favorite Teen Titan, and Kami Garcia managed to create a unique version of Raven’s backstory, while keeping the important bits and managing to write Raven with her charm and sarcastic attitude that I’ve known and loved over the years. Can’t wait for this book to come out so more people can read it!
    Kate
    Feb 27, 2019 rated it liked it
    I'd give it a 3.5 if I could. I didn't want it to end. Looking forward to more form this team!
    Stephanie Cover2CoverBlog
    Coming soon...
    Stacy Fetters
    Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    "Even death can’t escape darkness. Evil exists in this life and in the next."

I was so lucky enough to get my hands on an ebook of this and I had to read it right away. Didn’t care if I was on Christmas vacation away from home. It had to be done.

One day, Raven and her foster mother are in the car. Her mother becomes distracted by talking and a tragic accident happens. Killing her mother and wiping Raven’s memory clean.

Raven moves to New Orleans and into the home of her mother’s foster family. S
    Ashley Hawkins
    As a long-time comics reader, I'm conflicted about this take on Raven. While this was enjoyable, and Picolo's artwork is great... this is in no way recognizable as the Raven I know. The representation of voodoo is also strange. I spent most of the time I was reading this confused about what was going on because of my background knowledge on the character, and uncomfortable with knowing that I was reading a story which borrowed from a tradition that is not that of the author.

As a school libraria
    Krystal
    May 27, 2019 rated it liked it
    For someone who didn't know anything at all about Teen Titans or Raven, I enjoyed discovering a new character. But this was disappointing. As far as the plot is concerned, there was no tension and it was extremely predictable, which made for a rather boring read, it took me three days to finish this, which is way too long for something this short.

I thought the characterization for Raven was pretty good for the most part. I liked her and wanted to know what was going on. The side characters were
    Soleil de Zwart
    May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    I really enjoyed the story of Raven. Before reading this graphic novel/comic I wasn't aware of the story of Raven or her character. I don't have much knowledge of the Teen Titans in general but I loved this little glimpse into their world. I look forward to reading more of her story and the story of the other Teen Titans.

In this ARC there were a few speech or thought bubbles that looked like they were coming from the wrong person, where it didn't make sense for that person to be saying it in th
    Interesting version of the origin story of Raven of the teen titans. I don't think I was ever aware of her background other than she was the child of a demon and a human.

This apπears to be a reboot or a better origin for her, where she is adopted into a family that is not aware of her powers, but wants to work with her to control them, once they are aware.

A bit of high school drama as the mean girl gets what is coming to her.

Pleasant, quick read.

Thanks to Netgalley for making this book availa
    « previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Josie and the Pussycats Vol. 1
    • Betty & Veronica
    • 4 Wizards
    • The Dreadful Fate of Jonathan York: A Yarn for the Strange at Heart
    • Fence, Vol. 3 (Fence #9-12)
    • Queen of the Sea
    • Batman, Volume 8: Cold Days
    • Suicide Risk, Vol. 1
    • Cousin Joseph
    Kami Garcia is the #1 New York Times & USA Today bestselling co-author of the Beautiful Creatures novels & the Dangerous Creatures novels, and the author of the instant New York Times bestseller & Bram Stoker Award nominated novels UNBREAKABLE & UNMARKED in the Legion Series. Her contemporary romance THE LOVELY RECKLESS releases on October 4th (Imprint/Macmillan).

Kami grew up outsi