Start by marking “Learner-Centered Innovation: Spark Curiosity, Ignite Passion, and Unleash Genius” as Want to Read:

Our changing world demands creative thinkers and collaborative problem solvers, but too often, schools stifle growth and discovery in favor of getting through the curriculum or preparing for “the test.” Learning opportunities and teaching methods must evolve to match the ever-changing needs of today’s learners.

When we tell kids to complete an assignment, we get compliance
Published February 5th 2018 by IMPress, LP

To ask other readers questions about Learner-Centered Innovation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Learner-Centered Innovation

Angie
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: grown-up, pd
How Often Does One Say Amen to a PD Book?

But seriously ... so many times I found myself nodding in agreement. I want an educational world like she describes. I don't see it yet but I'll keep showing up and doing my thing and hoping until it changes.
Brenda
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a book we should be reading at NHS to lift us from our recent mediocre blandness. IMHO, teaching and learning and learning about teaching is exciting to say the least. Parts 1 and 3 offer a lot of insight and suggestions that could help us (the teachers) bring back some of our hope. "Teachers make decisions and design learning experiences to meet the needs of those in their classrooms." "Are your systems designed for people to comply and implement your programs and policies, or are your ...more
Helen Moses
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: professional
If you can only read one book on teaching read this one. This can change your practice.
Beth
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A must-read for any educator wanting to ignite passion and curiosity in your students. What if you could create something better? What if classrooms could become the avenue for empowering students and unleashing their inner genius? A truly inspirational read for teachers, coaches, or administrators.
Dave Moyer
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great book aimed at practitioners while still including the important concepts related to innovation, next practices, and personalized learning for all students. I met Katie, and she rocks.
Mandy