Start by marking “Nun After The Other (Giulia Driscoll #5)” as Want to Read:
Nun After The Other (Giulia Driscoll #5)

Nun After The Other

(Giulia Driscoll #5)

Nuns and murder and ghosts, oh my! Here comes Giulia Driscoll again, and boy, is she in for it this time.

It all starts when a frenzied Chihuahua leads Giulia and Frank Driscoll to the body of a nun in the street near a convent. The nuns fear they’re being harassed by the biggest developer in town and quickly embrace Giulia as their savior.

Of course, the former nun who ex
Published April 17th 2018 by Henery Press

To ask other readers questions about Nun After The Other, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nun After The Other

Jessica Robbins
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-tour, own-kindle

This book had me laughing over and over again! We get to follow PI Guilia as she attempts to help a group of nuns in their time of need. She just happened to be a nun in the past herself and now she is married expecting her first baby. This background leads to some hilarious interactions as she goes around trying to solve her case as well as a murder. Add the intriguing group of older nuns to the mix as
Lisa Ks Book Reviews
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another witty installment in the Giulia Driscoll Mysteries.

Author Alice Loweecey writes a mystery like no other. There is a unique flare to her story telling that draws the reader in quickly and keeps us ensnared until the book is finished. NUN AFTER THE OTHER is no exception. Wait, yes, it is. It’s even better than the four books that came before!

NUN AFTER THE OTHER, book five in this delightful series, is a wonderful whodunit that kept me guessing through every twist and turn. I honestly didn
Betty
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, cozy, e-books, dogs
In the fifth book of this series, Giuliani's is pregnant and is involved with a Covent of nuns which is located in a building slated to be turned down to made way for an upscale development. The twists and turns that occurred will tax your mind. I am not sure I like the paranormal aspects that have entered the story. A Chihuahua, a cute addition who leads Giuliani's and Frank to the body of an elderly nun. Did she die a natural? Giuliani looks for answers.

Disclosure: Many thanks to Henery Press
Cindy
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book for free from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. My Review

Giulia is quickly becoming my favorite cozy mystery character. This is the fifth book in the series. While you definitely can read this as a standalone if you want the interesting and sometimes zany backstory then start with book one.
I quickly became immersed in this book , Frank and Guilia are out for the night when a Chihuahua leads

JoAnne McMaster (Any Good Book)
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mysteries
Giulia Driscoll is an ex-nun private investigator, and her husband Frank is a police detective. One evening on date night they hear a scream and follow it, only to discover a dead nun on the ground, with a barking Chihuahua licking her face and hand. After they call the police, they corner the dog and allow him to lead them to her home nearby. What Giulia finds is a house full of nuns, and that the dead woman was Sister Matilda. She also finds that they're being forced out of their home by a dev ...more
Marilyn Watson
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Alice Loweecey writes a bang-up mystery from the first chapter. Frank, a police officer and Giulia, who runs a Detective Agency, are on a married, date- night when they hear a scream. They arrive too late to see what happened, but, they are confronted with a dead Nun and a rabid little Chihuahua, who keeps nipping at ankles- while licking the face of Sister Mary Margaret. The Nuns are being terrorized and Eagle Developers is the likely Candidate. But someone is hiring people to paper the windows ...more
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I never worked so hard in my life to help a book's character help solve a crime, as I did with Guilia Driscoll (formerly Falcone.) Guilia, who owns her own detective agency, was out on a 'Date' night with her husband. Suddenly a scream rents the evening calm. Then, off we go to solve the mystery of how Sister Mathilda died on the street with her Chihuahua running loose.

Certainly, as a former nun, herself, Guilia was more than capable to detecting this culprit without my aid, but, as the story pr
Laura Reading
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Who, other than Alice Loweecey, would think of combining the Exorcist and Scooby-Doo?
Nuns who watch and quote horror films and old detective noir films and books.
Who can turn cigarette smoke into a lethal weapon! (It would work on me.)
While I am not Catholic and was spared a religious school upbringing, these tough talking nuns did intimidate me. They see their neighborhood crumbling and are determined to stay until the very end to complete their mission. In fear for their own well being, they a
Susan
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another series to add to my must read list. When I saw the blurb, I had to give it a try and I'm glad I did. As a plus, I now have four previous books to play catch up. The premise of an ex-nun running a detective agency caught my attention and with a ghost added? No wonder I stayed up way past my bedtime.
Giulia and Frank are out for a nice evening with no idea how it will all turn upside down. Hearing a scream, they discover a dead nun and a yappy Chihuahua. From there things get really crazy.
Vicki
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Guilia Driscoll is back on a case, this time involving a small group of nuns who are being harassed into selling their home to property developer. When a nun is found dead on the street while walking her dog and then the developer is found dead in basement of the nun’s home home, Guilia has to help solve the crime.

In the meantime, Guilia is pregnant and is starting to show. Her clothes aren’t fitting and the baby is beginning to make himself known.

The book progresses the story from the last as f
Ann
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I adore this series. This is book 5 in the Giulia Driscoll Mystery series and it's just as wonderful as the previous books. Giulia and her husband Frank discover the body of an elderly nun on an evening walk and they are soon involved in a real estate scheme to drive the nuns out of their convent. Giulia is now expecting their first child and her brother still hasn't forgiven her for leaving the church. Such a good story and now there is a ghost involved in their lives. This is a perfect read fo ...more
Arlene Arredondo
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I read of this series and it won't be the last.
The characters are unique and well developed with quirks and interesting personalities.
There is a balance between proper language, funny moments and action filled sequence of events.
The plot is a roller-coaster ride with an affection seeking con-artist chihuahua, a no-nonsense nun, a smoking ghost, a shady developer, intrigue and a baby on board.
Definitely recommend it.

Note: I received an ARC for review purpose and an honest a
Teresa
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was a fun read. Giulia and her family and coworkers keep things hopping. There is adventure, intrigue, mystery, laughter, and a ghost. With lots of drama, Giulia finds herself helping the nuns who are being forced out of their house. While Giulia's PI company is hired to help figure out who is trying to scare them enough to leave, she's also dealing it family issues.

Lots of pieces to put together, great snappy dialogue, and sassy characters make this a good read. I would definitely re
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book with a wonderful story and well developed characters. The story flowed very well and was very enjoyable. This book will keep you reading long into the night and you will not want to put this book down until you finish. This was such a great read and full of surprises. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader’s copy of this book. The free book held no determination on my personal review.
Verity W
Apr 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: cozy-crime, netgalley
*******copy from NetGalley in return for an honest review *******

I enjoyed this although I still find some of the backstory and rules of the universe a bit difficult to get my head around. But the mystery is good, the characters are fun and the side characters are engaging. I’ll keep checking in on these - I’m keen to see what happens when Zlatan arrives!
Glynda
Heide
Jun 05, 2018
Sherry Lynn
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love book covers. Especially when they cleverly give insight into the story without giving anything away.
The little nun mobile is just comical to me and draws me into what is waiting inside.

As I turn the pages I am not disappointed. This is only the second book that I have read in the series.

I am charmed by these characters.

Giulia can at times be hilarious and then serious when she needs to be. I enjoy her character and her reluctance to chase ghosts but she steps up to the plate to solve t
John
Apr 23, 2018
Deborah McCanna
Apr 26, 2018
Sandy Daniels
Apr 30, 2018
Bree
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a delightful page turner. Giulia is a fun sleuthing friend that readers will fall into step with. This was one of the best books from Henry Press,and after you read this, you and the ghosts will be begging for more.
Elizabeth
Kim hansen
Apr 18, 2018
Cathi
Apr 18, 2018
Baker of brownies and tormenter of characters, Alice Loweecey celebrates the the day she jumped the wall with as much enthusiasm as her birthday. She grew up watching Hammer horror films and Scooby-Doo mysteries, which explains a whole lot. When she's not creating trouble for her sleuth Giulia Driscoll or inspiring nightmares as her alter-ego Kate Morgan, she can be found growing vegetables in her ...more

Giulia Driscoll (6 books)
  • Changing Habits: A Short Story (Giulia Driscoll, #0.5)
  • Nun Too Soon (Giulia Driscoll #1)
  • Second To Nun (Giulia Driscoll #2)
  • Nun But The Brave (Giulia Driscoll #3)
  • The Clock Strikes Nun (Giulia Driscoll #4)