Start by marking “Just Bad Timing” as Want to Read:
Just Bad Timing

Just Bad Timing

"Raucous, unabashed and surprisingly heartfelt."

In this snappy memoir, Christine Wild pours us a glass and invites us to take a scalpel to her life. Drunk on possibilities, we follow Wild’s thoughts on post-modernism, her mistakes and raucous trysts, from Vancouver to the Balkans, via the French Riviera, in an often hilarious personal quest for meaning.

Her exploration of
Published February 28th 2018 by Wild & Other Words

To ask other readers questions about Just Bad Timing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Bad Timing

Start your review of Just Bad Timing
Richard Peevers
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"I am not going to sit here and tell you I am different than other women. I am most likely exactly like many other women who feel the same way as I do. What I can say is we do not exist in the literature"

Wild's voice is sharp and funny. She dissects her own life—her choices, the actions of people around her, and how "sudbina," or fate, has shaped her. Hers is a frank and intimate story which spans the whole of Europe and North America and takes us from sex to death and back again.

"I know you're
Petra Řeholová
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Even despite the continuous uncertainty whether on the right track, romantically or geographically, our protagonist reminds us life should still be lived to the fullest. Through her honesty, witty language and many unexpected rises and falls in the story, the cliché expectation of a happy ending suddenly becomes overshadowed by the journey itself. Wherever the hell we are meant to end up, we might as well enjoy getting there! Thanks for all the emotions and stories shared in this book, Christine ...more
Poly
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Everyday adventures of a young woman filled with love, sex, friendships and heartbreaks, during which she loves and enjoys with her whole heart, makes mistakes and accepts them. I found the book very relatable, it's about what women in their twenties feel and go through but don't necessarily talk about, so it's nice to read this knowing you are not alone in this mess we call life.

I am very much looking forward to another book(s) from this author.
M K
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Won an early bird copy on Instagram.

A gripping memoir, that both confronts and delights.

Christine opens herself up and allows us a view of her life from the parties on yachts in Cannes to her most vulnerable and insecure moments. We explore her thoughts as she tries to come to terms with and make sense of the cultures and constructs she finds herself caught up in. I really enjoyed it.
Sara Croche
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Christine takes us in different chaotic gipsy life's episodes. From Canada to Croatia, you travel the world through her thought provoking reflections on human relations and others basics notions such as love, friendship and... hell yes, happiness.
A ride into a millennial woman mind basically. It won't disappoint you.
Justin Guimond
Apr 10, 2018 rated it liked it
I came.

A look into the mind of a millennial with the world as her oyster. What's underneath that bubbly personality and wild nights with handsome men? Is smoking, drinking, and fucking the key to a happy life?

Quirky, honest... a vicarious experience.
Anita Cassidy
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully engaging and insightful as well as intelligent and thought provoking insight in sex, relationships and the self
Cheryl Kaye
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica
I really liked this book.

The style and tone of the author is fun to read, it is the same feeling as sitting in the sun with a friend drinking wine. Conversational, at times heartbreaking it was a great read.

Sometimes it was really heavy going because it's not just all the good stuff. At times my heart filled with emotion for Christine because she doesn't pull any punches she tells you about the good, the bad, and the really harsh.

It didn't necessarily end on a high but that just means I can't
Suzy
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wild's book is candid, entertaining and thought-provoking. I tore through it on a long-distance flight, ignoring the list of free movies available. Her memoir is self-aware and witty, and made me question myself on multiple occasions (always a good sign!). This is a story of a woman searching for the modern day equivalent of the bohemian life, including true love, self-reflection and good sex. I didn't agree with her on many points, but that was what made it an exciting read.
Anita Cassidy
Alena
Jan 06, 2019
Anuj
May 05, 2019
Christine Wild is a passionate writer, on paper and in life. She’s a world-travelled, fiercely independent woman who doesn’t let much get in her way.

Wild was born and raised in Geneva, Switzerland. Shortly after turning 18, and she set off on an eight-month adventure around the globe, notably spending three months in Argentina learning Spanish, and three months in Australia not learning how to su

News & Interviews