Start by marking “Alive?” as Want to Read:
Alive?

Alive?

Everyone knows the first rule of the zombie apocalypse: Don't. Get. Bitten.

Too bad Violet has never been great at following the rules. Walking home after a night of partying, she manages to let one of the Dead take a chunk out of her only hours after they've begun walking again. Fortunately for Violet, she doesn't die. Unfortunately for Violet—she's not exactly alive,
Published October 30th 2018 by Clean Teen Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Alive?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alive?

Start your review of Alive?
Aly
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a different way to see zombies. I like the connection Violet and Matt have and I hope it see what becomes of it in the next book. I am sad we lost a few friends one the way but we may some friends too. I enjoyed the book.
Kirsti
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have learned to love a good zombie book; they are the thing that terrifies me most (except balloons) so over the years I try and pick one up every so often to kind of 'desensitize' myself to the fear. It works pretty well, although I seem to dream of them more often. I'm in a massive reading slump at the moment too, with about four other books on the go and one DNF that I never even marked as currently reading it was so bad. This was exactly what I needed!

Now, the down points is the frenetic
Tonja Drecker
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm not a huge zombie fan. So, I wasn't sure what I'd think of this book when I grabbed it up, but it drew me in and held me until the very last page.

Violet wakes up to find that she blacked out on a couch during a party her friend dragged her too. Frustrated, Violet makes her way home the next morning and decides to take a short-cut through the forest. The decision appears to be a mistake when she runs across a murder scene and is attacked...bitten...by the murderer. While fleeing, she realizes
Shannon Modrak
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A zombie novel with a bit of a twist which was a pretty good twist. Also, this author has a great, snarky sense of humor and gives her characters some very funny lines. Even though this is a serious apocalypse story, I did laugh out loud at times. I highly recommend this book! Can’t wait to read the next one.
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Surviving the Zompocalypse is tricky when you play for both teams. -ALIVE?

I don't really read many Zombie books because not many attracted me to want to read them. But this book really caught my attention!! Between the cover, the tag line and the blurb, I knew I just HAD to read it!! And I was so right, I was hooked from the very first sentence!!

The characters were amazing!! I absolutely loved Violet's strength, courage, love and wittiness that just continued to poor out of each page. I felt a
Nanette Sese
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the sarcastic yet funny comments

Good read. I can never let go of my android device, i have to continue reading. Sad what happened to Sam tho, he is a good leader. But i'm still glad Joe can make it up to the 2nd book, really loved that guy. Definitely its a must read. You'll enjoy everybit of the story.
Donny Wagner
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

I loved the way this story unfolds. I like the way thw story os told through the life of the half zombie girl Violet. It is an interesting read and I cant wait to see the story continue in book 2. I have only read a couple of other stories that have the perspective of an immune infected during thw zompocalypse. Definitely worthy of a read!
Kimberly Mcsharry
This book was a fun read. It had me laughing at times and it was a bit of a different take on Zombies. There are 2 other books in this series, but I don't feel like the story needs to be continued. It ended in a way that seemed like a satisfactory end to the story, anything more is overkill.
Rebecca Fortes
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really loved it

Exciting from beginning to end. Original idea and story, not your average zombie story. Can't wait to read the next story.
Heidi
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a good book. Decent plot line, good character development, and a touch of humor thrown in.
Elaine Plourde
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading this book. It was fun and I enjoyed all the characters and their personalities.
Ingra Stephens
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

Great characters, very entertaining and action packed. I would highly recommend this book. Can not wait to read the next one!!
Kelly Gagne
This story sucked me in super fast. I loved the characters and the humor. I wasn't expecting to get emotionally involved but I did and immediately bought book 2.
Kat, lover of bears...
Heart pounding action throughout the story with brief respites in between. Each of the characters were written so realistically and believably, it was easy to connect to them.

If you are a fan of the zombie genre but don’t need the over the top gore, this is perfect. The book is rated YA(M) so there obviously is violence and blood; just not stomach turning descriptors.

I didn’t know it was part of a series so definitely going to check out the next book. This book was recommended to me by one of
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Surviving the Zompocalypse is tricky when you play for both teams. -ALIVE?

Jodi Gallegos
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
Imagine waking up from a party and stumbling right into a zombie apocalypse!

Violet has done just that. But worse, she’s managed to break the one rule that everyone knows about surviving zombies: don’t get bitten! Now Violet is trying to make some sense of this new reality while slowly realizing that, because of that bite, she’s now part zombie herself. While she’s managed to—mostly—control her blood lust, she’s dealing with the loss of a friend, skeptical survivors, and dwindling supplies. Oh,
Emma Franieczek
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is not my usual type of book but I'm so glad I picked it up. Yes it is from the point of view of teenagers but that doesn't stop it being a great read for adults too. This book is funny, brutal, honest, and will keep you wanting to know more even after the book has finished. Thank god there's going to be a sequel as I need to know more!
David Woods-Holder
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic debut novel from Melissa Woods, full of twists and turns and a dramatic ending that will leave you wanting the next installment to be released even sooner! Any fans of The Walking Dead, iZombie, Warm Bodies should definitely not give this a miss! Beyond the dark backdrop though lies relatable characters you will love to get to know!
Virginia Brickley
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A cute zombie novel that had great characters and a fast moving plot.
Tazz
Feb 12, 2018
James Lunsford
Feb 12, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Dead Quarantine (Zombieclypse Book 1)
  • After the Cure (After the Cure, #1)
  • Dead Woman's Journal (Between Life and Death #0.5)
  • Dead Land Volume One
  • Grace Lost (Grace, #1)
  • Contamination (Zombies are Human #1)
  • VIRO: Book One
  • Black Virus (Black Rust #0.5)
  • Dead Hunger (Dead Hunger #1)
  • Wasteland (Surviving The Evacuation #2)
  • The Dragon Librarian (Scrolls of Fire, #1)
  • Virtual Insanity
  • Journals of the Damned
  • The Shock (After, #1)
  • The Horror Squad: An Apocalyptic Tale
  • Unshaken (Sanctuary)
  • A Long Walk
  • Empty Bodies (Empty Bodies #1)
Writer, primary school teacher, and occasionally someone who goes outside.

Melissa Woods is the author of ‘Alive?’, a young adult zombie adventure story, set for release on October 30th 2018.

Find her on Facebook at: faceboook.com/melissawoodswriting

Twitter: