Start by marking “Fruits Basket, Vol. 18” as Want to Read:
Fruits Basket, Vol. 18

Fruits Basket, Vol. 18 (Fruits Basket #18)

4.45  ·  Rating details ·  9,848 Ratings  ·  114 Reviews
As rumors swirl about Machi trying to kill her little brother, Kakeru figures that the only person who can get the truth out of her is Yuki. But when the two of them visit her, they learn a shocking secret. Later, Motoko wants to tell Yuki her feelings before she graduates and leaves the school--and him--forever. But will their parting be such sweet sorrow?
Library Binding, 0 pages
Published November 1st 2007 by Turtleback Books (first published September 16th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Fruits Basket, Vol. 18, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fruits Basket, Vol. 18

Rain Misoa
Jun 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!!! And anyone who thinks Haru is sexy!!! <3
Recommended to Rain by: Nicole Terazue
Shelves: manga
It has come to my attention that Fruits Basket will from this point forward... BE PISSING ME OFF TO NO END!!! OH MY GOD! I thought this one wasn't going to contain too much of the stupid but NOOOOOOOOO! I was wrong. It had stupid, i.e. Akito. That douche needs to perish! Right now! Argh! I was quite pleased with the beginning of the book. It was expanding Machi's life and what she went through. It's a bit... sad... as is eveyone's life in this manga... but it was good seeing that she had more of ...more
Victoria
I love just how determined Tohru is to save Kyo. Despite all of the times that people tell her that it is impossible to break the curse, she still doesn't give up. I think it just shows how much she really cares about him. She won't give up on him so easily even though the others have grown to accept it.
Kat (Lost in Neverland)
Sep 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
All the women are BITCHES in this story.
Becky
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yehudit
Mar 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a good one!

I just need more Kyo-Tohru interactions. I live for that stuff!
Theresa ♫
May 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fellow humans in search for yet another installment of Furuba.
I love Machi's story!

Technically, I love pasts where the past does affect who the character is. The character isn't just THERE the way they are just because. There's a reason they act how they act and do what they do.

Machi's fear of perfection was a really original idea. It's sorta interesting how it's strong enough to freak her out even if it's just a field of perfectly non-driven snow and a brand new box of chalk. (And those things are relatively harmless.)

The kind of fears that bring an unwan
Kazza
Apr 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all Fruits Basket lovers
Shelves: manga, fantasy
Yuki is awesome in here. I love how he totally understood Machi... He might have been the only one to do so. Even Kakeru didn't seem to understand her (he just knows she needs someone). That little thing with the chalk really got me because it was so sweet. It's small gestures like that that really warm the hearts of others.

Matoko (view spoiler) surprised me... But in a good way. I'm glad she didn't try to force herself or her feelings onto Yuki. That part where the cam
Dec 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yuki and Machi are totally precious. I was hoping he would find someone since Tohru is so obviously attached to Kyo. He finds out that Machi can't handle perfection. That's why she's been trashing rooms and messing things up. The cutest part is when they're sitting next to each other in a meeting and someone sets down a brand new box of chalk. She looks at it nervously and he just reaches over and breaks a piece to ease her mind. It's so sweet!

The chapter with Motoko is short, but cute. She does
Kailey (BooksforMKs)
Plot things are coming thick and fast! Stuff is really starting to happen like crazy now, and all kinds of secrets and conspiracies and deceptions are being revealed.

Kyo has a beautiful moment of connection with Machi. I think those two might be friends after all! Emotional stuff being brought up, and I'm so surprised and touched by Machi's story. She's really a lovely person!

It's nearing the end of the school year, so all the upperclassmen are saying goodbye, and Yuki gets caught in the middle
Amy
Jul 15, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I started this manga rooting for Yuki, totally now firmly Team Kyo.
May 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
shigure's funny!
Claire
Feb 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AWESOME!
Zila_ShadowWolf
Dec 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I love Haru and Rin! sooo cute ;)
Carina
I'm not sure why, but I am finding it so amusing that Shishou graces the cover of this book and Hana-Chan the previous volume. I have to think Natsuki Takaya planned that!

So, this volume. I said in my 2014 review that I think this marks the beginning of the end, this time I am not so sure I agree with that... but I find it hard to really pinpoint where that would be. Maybe the trip to the summer house - that's where we see Yuki begin to progress, and Kyo so... maybe.

Now, I said that volume 17 en
Nefelybat
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shigure me está poniendo de muy mala hostia, espero que tenga motivos más tangibles a los que nos han dado hasta ahora para hacer lo que hace
Emile Mirra
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pending.
Anne
Oct 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
This volume phases between three people: Machi, Rin and Kyo.

The level of bad parents in this series never ceases to surprise me. Machi is no different on that account. In this volume we find out that she was kicked out of the house for trying to kill her baby brother. Rumours about this incident have been spread all over the school recently and that's how Yuki comes to find out about it. Kakeru decides to take Yuki along to find out how she's doing after all that.

After a lot of things flinging a
Nick
Feb 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Overall Rating: A to the cute power
Synopsis: Fruits Basket is a shōjo manga series created by Natsuki Takaya that follows the life of Tohru Honda. When the series begins, Tohru is living in a tent in the woods after being recently orphaned when her mother died in a car accident. Somehow, Tohru is able to remain optimistic despite all the shit she has had to go through.

While wandering through the forest she's living in, she runs across the house of the Sohma family. As it happens, Tohru goes to
Jen
Feb 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sara
God Damn, this one was even MORE shocking than the last one.

That's it I absoloutely despise Akito (view spoiler) I can't see how this is going to end unless someone stops him. But how do you stop a person basically possessed by God, and can command most o
LB
This review is also posted at http://readingnookandcranny.blogspot....

The reverse of its predecessor, this volume starts off weak but grows stronger as the focus shifts. The first portion of this volume focuses on Machi, Kimi, and the rest of the student council Yuki side band. Again, I have always found these characters dull and rather trivial without giving much to the overall plot of the series. As such, I never enjoy reading the parts that focus on them and find these parts to be page filler
Alison (AlisonCanRead)
Feb 16, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Another volume with lots of Yuki and little Tohru or Kyo. Much of this book focuses on Machi, Yuki's friend from school. Like the rest of the character in this book, her life has been a sob story. She's suspected of trying to kill her little brother. Not true at all. She adores her baby brother. Her parents are convinced that she's horribly jealous and is a monster of a girl. When they saw her placing a blanket over the baby, they assumed she was trying to smother it.

It's interested that Takaya-
earthy
Apr 09, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, ya, manga
More Yuki/Machi interaction with some light shed on Machi's backstory. I LOVE the very last scene in that chapter where Yuki breaks the chalk because he knows Machi has issues with things being "perfect." That right there is totally why I've come to like Yuki so much.

Hiro and Kisa have grown quite a bit, which leads me to another aspect of this series which I think works so well: the characters actually age, not only emotionally, but physically. They're kids, so of course their bodies are changi
Jessica-Robyn
I'm really emotionally vulnerable right now. I can't even remember what it was like when this series was all rainbows and butterflies. Everything is just so intense now. It's really, really intense people! And it's probably going to get worse before it gets better and I'm so invested in all these crazy people!!!!! aadadhadfhajfhajkfds!

breathing.

... So, because Kyo hasn't been making as many appearances I was happy to see him around again and then BAM! it hit me. It was like I had fallen off my g
B.B.
Nov 28, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dani - Perspective of a Writer
Not much happen with Tohru and Kyo, my favorite of all the characters but I didn't hate this volume either. And there is a moment in the end where my heart soared for the two of them!

Hatsuharu and Rin have a soft spot in your heart because you know they go together and Akito should NOT get between them. I enjoyed Kureno doing the right thing for someone other than Akito. Also we learn what Hiro is struggling with and I really enjoyed Yuki's arc with Machi.

"It doesn't matter who you are. There ar
Rena
Sep 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, manga
I must say, I think Akito is official jumped off the deep end. I mean he was a little psychotic before, but now... that is crazy. Even Kureno had to step in. Everything you know Akito is going to crumble. I hope you are prepared for the fallout. He has lost all sense of pity from me when he did that to Rin. Which will lead me into a tangent in about 3...2...1...

Oh Haru... My baby and my lovely. You give me such joy when you go protective of Rin. She is such a lucky girl to have such and amazing
Carina
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, the pace certainly picks up in this volume of Fruits Basket, we learn what was going on with Machi (and Nao but I tend to forget about him if I am honest), Hiro gets to admit to the guilty feelings he has been holding onto, we find out why Rin appears to have disappeared off the face of the earth and thanks to that we get to see the blackest of the black Haru's, and Tohru basically confronts the feelings we know she has had for a number of volumes.

I think volume 17 really marks the beginn
Sabrina
Sep 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fruits Basket (フルーツバスケット, Furūtsu Basuketto?), sometimes abbreviated Furuba (フルバ, Furuba?), is a Japanese manga series by Natsuki Takaya. It was serialized in the semi-monthly Japanese magazine Hana to Yume, published by Hakusensha, from 1999 to 2006. The series was also adapted into a 26-episode anime series, directed by Akitaro Daichi. The series tells the story of Tohru Honda, an orphan girl who, after meeting Yuki, Kyo, and Shigure Sohma, learns that thirteen members of the Sohma family are ...more
Katie
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 22 (Hana-Kimi, #22)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 13 (Ouran High School Host Club, #13)
  • ツバサ-RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE- 19
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 17
Natsuki Takaya (高屋 奈月 Takaya Natsuki, real name Naka Hatake) is the penname of a Japanese manga artist best-known for creating the series Fruits Basket. She was born on July 7, 1973; (Tanabata). Takaya is left-handed and once revealed that she wanted to be a mangaka since first grade, when her sister started drawing.

She was born in Shizuoka, Japan, but was raised in Tokyo, where she made her debu
More about Natsuki Takaya...

Fruits Basket (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 1