Start by marking “The Sheriff (Men of the White Sandy, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Sheriff (Men of the White Sandy, #5)

The Sheriff

(Men of the White Sandy #5)

The last thing he needs is another person he has to protect…

Tim Means is the sheriff on the White Sandy Reservation—a thankless job on the best of days. He’s trying to keep a gang war from breaking out, vigilantes from running amuck and he’s doing it all with a two-man force. When a kid named Georgey gets busted breaking into the Clinic, Tim doesn’t have time to keep the
Published March 6th 2018 by Sarah M. Anderson

To ask other readers questions about The Sheriff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sheriff

Start your review of The Sheriff (Men of the White Sandy, #5)
Cindy
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Its good to be back in the Dakota's on the White Sandy Lakota Indian Reservation..

Summer Johnson was raised by her white Mom in the white world. She looks white even though her father is Lakota. She is a school teacher who cares deeply about her kids. She gets a call from the sheriff of White Sandy that her half brother Georgey is committing petty crimes and has no guardian for him to release him to. Summer decides to give up her summer to go to White Sandy to see if there is someone that can t
Jennifer Leighton
***4 1/2 stars***

It was so nice to return to the White Sandy reservation!
Lynn Brooks
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 STARS!

Unexpected love at it's best! I've really enjoyed this entire series, but Sheriff Tim turned out to be one of my very favorites. I wasn't expecting it. I went into the book thinking he was a surly jerk ... but it didn't take long to figure out that he really had a heart of gold. Great characters, an emotional story of family and second chances and a sweet love story. Great read!

When Sheriff Tim Means of the White Sandy Reservation in South Dakota discovers teenage Georgey a guest of
Rose James
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Sheriff (Men of the White Sandy Book 5)

This is the first book that I have read by this author, Sarah M. Anderson. I was surprised by its contents, that it was not a waste of time, but it proved to be a most interesting book. I did enjoy reading about all the characters. The importance of discovering that the problem of not being able to read, led to the knowledge that the main characters young brother was suffering from dyslexia, and the special way that she helped him to overcome those odds
Fiona Marsden
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've loved this series right from the start so I was thrilled to find another episode of the Men of the White Sandy.
Tim Means is the Sheriff on the rez. He's a part of the tribe, but isolated because of his role as peacekeeper. When high school teacher, Summer Collins, comes back to look after her half-brother, he knows she sees more than the badge.
Summer was brought up by her white mother who kept her alienated from the Lakota culture of her father. When her teenage brother Georgey gets in trou
Mary
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-books
This is an emotional story of people finding where they belong: Sheriff Tim Means, who has the tough job of arresting his own people, teacher Summer Johnson, who basically knows nothing about her native heritage, and Georgey, a teenager who's headed down the wrong path because he's desperate to belong to something. Even though all the people on the White Sandy Reservation have their own problems and she has never met them before, Summer soon learns that everyone is family in the Lakota.

I loved
J
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This may be Sarah M. Anderson’s best book yet. The story was compelling- I could not put it down. The characters were incredibly real, and the romance flowed with an unrivaled smoothness. I particularly enjoyed the cameos by many of the characters from previous books in this series. This story stands alone quite nicely, but reading the other books adds a richness to the minor characters. Don’t miss this.
Sherry Bohrmueller
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. What a wonderful story. There were times in the story that I had tears in my eyes. Sweet, heartwarming story you definitely need to read. My favorite of the series.
Aj
Darvin Deason
Apr 30, 2020
Sara Lindley
I Love This Series

This is a great story. It is difficult to write honestly and put honorable Native men in a contemporary, present day theme. This author does one hell of a job.
The Sheriff stands for the law between two worlds and yet still holds to his native ways.
The woman he falls for is one lucky woman.
Aug 16, 2020

• The First Girl Child
  • Virgin River (Virgin River, #1)
  • The Secret (Arranged Series #2)
  • The Choice (Arranged Series #3)
  • The Upstairs Room
  • Morning Is a Long Time Coming (Summer of My German Soldier, #2)
  • Something Upstairs
  • The Journey Back
  • Rena's Promise: A Story of Sisters in Auschwitz
  • Summer of My German Soldier (Summer of My German Soldier, #1)
  • Belfast Diary: War as a Way of Life
  • Quo Vadis
  • The Little House Collection (Little House, #1-9)
  • Gods and Generals (The Civil War Trilogy, #1)
  • The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle
  • Kidnapped (David Balfour, #1)
With over 1.2 million copies published in over twenty-one countries, Sarah M. Anderson has published over 45 books. Sarah's book A Man of Privilege won a RT Book Reviews 2012 Reviewers’ Choice Best Book Award. The Nanny Plan was a 2016 RITA® winner for Best Contemporary: Short. Additionally, Sarah has given workshops at national and regional conferences, taught craft classes online, spoken at libr ...more

Men of the White Sandy (6 books)
  • The Medicine Man (Men of the White Sandy, #1)
  • The Rancher (Men of the White Sandy, #2)
  • The Shadow (Men of the White Sandy, #3)
  • The Medic (Men of the White Sandy, #4)
  • The Wannabe Cowboy