Start by marking “A Covert Affair” as Want to Read:
A Covert Affair

A Covert Affair

A SEAL Romance Novel

WOW! This book was crazy suspenseful and insanely sexy! From the first page I was hooked and immediately loved this story

He wants her off his base . . . and in his bed.
The last thing Senior Officer Gabe Wilcox wants on his base is some CIA agent snooping around except when it turns out to be Agent Lucia Rizzo with her smart mouth, killer curves, and
Published March 29th 2018

To ask other readers questions about A Covert Affair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Covert Affair

Start your review of A Covert Affair
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing

description~WRITING - PLOT - PACE~
So color me impressed because this book was all kinds of fantastic. It probably would have been a 5-Star book if it hadn't been SO long. My interest started to wane at about 60% in. That said, I kept plugging on and it started to pick up again around 80%. The writing was fantastic though. The pace was a bit up and down. I am chalking that up to it being a bit too long. I think the author could have tightened up the story a bit. The plot was super engaging and probably
~Kristin~
4.5 Stars
I absolutely loved this book!!
Kennedy Mitchell
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Well I wrote it so yeah I think it deserves 5 stars....it would be quite concerning if I gave it anything less.
CourtRocks
3 Stars!

So many times I wanted to Dnf this book, mainly at the beginning. There was a good amount of wrong with everything. The characters are supposed to be super smart, but they aren't really, especially the heroine who had suspicions about who the mole turned out to be, but literally only investigated everyone but him. Literally like every character was super cocky talking or thinking about themselves, not confident, just annoyingly cocky, including the heroine. Their thoughts were also super
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description
Sexy, suspenseful and full of surprises

If there is a line for a new book by this author you know I will be in it! This military suspense romance was a departure from her previous books but included all the drama, humour and sexiness I craved If you are a lover of hot military men, a windy who-dun-it and scorching romance then you have found the right place!

Lucia is all about the career, focused from a young age, knowing that the CIA was the brass ring. This assignment was the one. The one that
Beyond The Covers Blog
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romaine
Lucia Rizzo is one of the CIA's top agents. She has a special talent of reading people's body language and thoughts. Her stateside mission is to go undercover to uncover a mole within the S.E.A.L.S., water mammals. She will be working alongside a previous obsessed one night stand and his best friend. She despises men that suggest how she made it to the top or sexual comments they make, especially if they value their jewels.

Tony aka Flakes has a traitor in his platoon. He is determined to find
Tara
Apr 22, 2018 rated it liked it
I think I'm in a bit of a book slump as nothing much is exciting me right now. I liked this book but I didn't love it. The characters had insta lust and were touching each other within the first hour they met. I liked both the h and the H and generally didn't have any issue with either. The h had a pretty strong character and the H wasn't an a-hole type which was a bit refreshing. The mystery of the mole was not a mystery, the author pretty much gave it away as soon as the character was ...more
Noel
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book, is honestly not really what I was expecting. Though I'm not really sure what I was expecting. I loved all of the undercover buisness. And how she just got right in there and it was just one of her things to figure all these people out. And it really didn't take her long at all for what she needed to do. She is so good at what she does, but really you are kind of kept guessing at what it is that she really is doing.
The writing in this book is honestly just wonderful and for how
Megan
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sexy, romantic, tumultuous, arc
Special gifts can make you valuable. But when there are people who would use those abilities for their own gain with little thought to the holder of that gift it should become clear that there needs to be a change. Except things aren't always that simple. Lucia is unique, fierce, and committed. She's also very tired. When her next assignment is received it dangles the possible rewards that would mean the promotion she has worked so hard for, a little breather from her constant travels, and the ...more
Kathy Rouchelle
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderfully written book with an exciting storyline that would have you turning page after page to see what happens next and just who the bad guy is. I had a little problem with the story dragging a bit in places, but overall it was a great read and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I loved that the female character was so strong and didn't really need to have a man protect her, even if the man was a hot as sin Navy Seal and he definitely wanted to protect her. But she is CIA after-all and she ...more
Tracey_Steamyreads
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you like your heroines to be a badass and your hero to be smokin hot, then this is the perfect story for you.

Lucia Rizzo is one on the CIAs top agents. She has a special ability of reading peoples body language and thoughts. Due to this ability she assign a mission to go undercover within the S.E.A.Ls and fish out their mole.

Enter, Sr. Officer Gabe Wilcox, one of the seals assign to assist Lucias investigation.

Throughout the investigation Lucia has battle her attraction to Gabe. It certainly
Sassy Southern
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lucia Rizzo is a CIA agent who is going undercover to discover the identity of a mole who is sabotaging missions of a SEAL team. The team that is being sabotaged is headed up by someone Lucia had a brief relationship with in the past, Tony Hackenbreg.
Gabe Wilcox is a Navy SEAL and Tonys best friend. The moment he meets Lucia he is instantly attracted to her and knows he needs to help her discover who the mole is. He aids her in her undercover position as a journalist writing on SEALS.
As Lucia
Michelle Simpson
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lucia is a force to be reckoned with and can certainly handle herself, some say she can read minds and this makes her an asset while working for the CIA . She has been on many of missions and never mixes business with pleasure. The latest mission could get her right to the top with a promised promotion if she succeeds in catching the mole that is working for the seals, information is being leaked and putting lives at risk, her other mission is to convince Gabe to leave the seals and join the ...more
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Covert Affair has danger and romance around every corner. Not sure how they made it so jam packed with mystery and romance, but it worked so well together. One moment I'm stumped trying to figure out what these SEALS are hiding and the next I'd get lovey heart eyes when Gabe enters the room. Lucia is the "mind reader" of the CIA. She reads people so well and loved her job. Her next mission is to find a mole in a Navy SEALS group. Between a bitter ex, steaming chemistry, and working out who is a ...more
Dana
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I loved everything about this book!! Everything!! It really had just enough amount of mystery, suspense, steaminess and love all around.

CIA Agent Lucia Rizzo is so bada$s!!! She is driven to succeed in everything she does. The next step in her career is a big promotion, and the only thing in her way is one last mission as a field agent. She needs to find a mole whos selling info on a SEAL team, as well as recruit the leader of another SEAL team.

And that brings us to Officer Gabriel Wilcox. I
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I love a good military story from time to time and this one did not disappoint! The story flowed nicely and pulled me in immediately!

Lucia is a strong, independent woman working for the CIA with unique and special gifts; which means she can take care of herself. Shes sent into a SEAL platoon to find out who is ambushing missions. Gabe, the hot, overprotective SEAL cant deny or shut down his attraction to this woman that was sent to help find the traitor.

I really liked Lucia and how she was
Amy
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!! This book was fantastic! I dont always love books about the CIA or about SEALS, but this one exceeded my expectations. Lucia is a CIA agent who has been tasked with finding a mole within a SEAL team. Their missions have been sabotaged and Gabe is the SEAL who has been assigned to help her.

Lucia is badass!! She is strong, independent and can defend herself against almost any situation. Shes also smart and is called a witch because she can read people so well. She is woman; hear her roar!
Rebecca Austin
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-sassy
This was a great mystery/romance that had me gripped from the moment the book began to the last page.

I loved Lucias character as she was tough and ready to do whatever she could to succeed in her mission and discover who the mole is. I love that she narrowed it down and then dug deeper to see what certain SEALS were hiding. I loved the varying degrees of what the men were hiding and there were quite a few big surprises.

Gabe was awesome and I loved how bossy he could be in certain instances! He
Barbara
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very enjoyable book. Its well written with characters that are strong and very well defined. I love characters that are self reliant yet willing to give a Little too. Here we have a strong denial lead who is CIA and used to handling her own life/problems and a Navy Seal who is very not the Alpha and wants to protect our heroine even if she doesnt necessarily want him too.

The storyline is very engaging. It will keep you on edge and have you turning page after page to see what happens next. While
Rebecca
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fastpaced, action-packed, suspenseful, and da#n sexy!

I always like that moment at the beginning of a book where you know one will fall, but who will it be? And how?

Lucia and Gabe are having a hard time keeping their hands off each other from the first minute, but then Gabe gets called out. He's gone for a few days, and when he gets back she's got questions he can't answer.

It's the CIA vs the SEALS, the dream team of lies and secrets, who will win, and what does winning look like? Gabe's not
Christine Trykoski
5 badass, sexy stars!

Wow! Wow! Wow! This book has it all, and Kennedy L Mitchell has done it again! Romance. Intrigue. Suspense. Humor. S-E-X. As if that isnt enough, A Covert Affair is full of the witty banter and texting that shes becoming known for. Youll be giggling as our feisty heroine, Lucia Rizzo and our sexy as hell navy Seal, Gabe Wilcox, drive each other crazy in more ways than one.

Lucia is a badass, mind reading CIA agent determined to out the mole that has infiltrated the Seals,
Reading Cafe
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Covert Affair by is a must-read. I give it ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ stars. I got a first craft a few months ago but I didn't get the chance to read the ending, and now that I received an ARC I finally got to read how this story ends. And Im very HAPPY!
Lucia is one tough, strong, independent and stubborn woman but she definitely met her match in Gabe. I love the build-up and flow within the story and the chemistry between these two characters is out of this world.
This book is so suspenseful and you get thrown
Lisa
Rating: 4.5*

Once I started reading this I could not put it down!!

CIA Agent Lucia is successful in her career, with no room in her life for anything else. Her next job could lead her to the promotion she wants so badly. Sent to find out who is leaking information on SEAL operations, her resolve falters when she meets SEAL Gabe. Their attraction is off the charts but is complicated by her past with his best friend. This whole situation is incredibly challenging for Lucia but she handles it with
Collete
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved everything about this book!! Everything!! It had just enough amount of mystery, suspense, steaminess and love all around.

What a great mystery/suspense story that had me sucked in from the page 1. It was very well written with characters that are strong and well defined.

CIA Agent Lucia Rizzo is a woman who is strong, career driven, doesn't take any shi% from anyone!!! Gabe was awesome, his character lived up to what I would expect from a Navy Seal.

The twists and turns were great in
Maria Angie Mendoza
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My first read by this author and Im a fan!
Intense, sexy, and mysterious, this read was unputdownable.
The writing was fantastic with a plot that was exciting and intriguing. The characters were well developed and likable.
Lucia is a female Cia agent assigned to uncover a mole in the Navy Seals. Shes smart independent foul mouthed and just a total badass. The banter and chemistry with her male counterpart characters was sharp, edgy and sprinkled with some really funny laugh out loud moments. The
Erin Figueiredo
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Suspenseful and utterly thrilling!

WOW! This story is fantastic! It has everything you want, suspense, intrigue, twists and turns throughout, and a whole lot of steamy romance. Its a wild rollercoaster ride of intrigue and thrills that will keep you captivated and highly entertained from beginning to end.

Lucia is a fierce, strong and very witty CIA agent who stops at nothing to get what she wants. Shes definitely a no holds barred kind of woman. Plus she can kick ass! Gabe is a badass SEAL who
Denise Van plew
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Now this one was more than up my alley in what I love to read. This author took my temptations to the extreme adding a touch of mystic with it in Lucia's abilities. But then it is also a would seem second chance which I seem to read a few lately. The one she needs on her side is finding a mole but she also crosses paths with Gabe. Steam does rise when then come in contact but oh just one part of this one. Danger and questions run in this one with Seals a plenty. The suspense will raise its own ...more
Melissa Ann
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW! This book was crazy suspenseful and insanely sexy! From first page I was hooked and immediately loved this story of tough female CIA agent whos in a mans world fighting her way to the top. She encounters Officer Gabe Wilcox, and also a former fling. Her world is turned upside down and inside out as she navigates through her op, this book had me holding my breath as the author keeps you on the very edge of your seat. Their chemistry was undeniable and hot and the suspense was action ...more
Stina Andersen
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Covert Affair is my first book by this author, and I loved it! What a journey! A mysterious romance book, where everyone is a suspect. Which will have you second-guessing everyone and everything throughout the book!

I thought it was well written, and had great developed characters. Lucia and Gabe is perfect for each other! Filled with steamy chemistry, witty bantering and intrigue!

Highly recommend this book if you're looking for some badass woman and a hot alpha man!

-Stina, Book Haven Book
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: proofread
Kennedy L Mitchell has done it again and kept me riveted to the pages of this romantic suspense! It is everything I love in this genre - a witty and smart hero and heroine, a unique and fast-paced storyline and chemistry and steam that is undeniable!

I fell hard for the alpha Navy SEAL and his protective/possessive nature, and loved the sassy and smart heroine, Lucia, from the CIA. The twists and turns kept me guessing, and their relationship was one I cheered for from beginning to end!

Well done
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Delete Book Cover 3 197 Dec 03, 2017 06:33AM

• Jameson's Salvation (Gemini Group, #2)
  • 10-Code (Rock Point, #4)
  • HOT Mess (Hostile Operations Team, #2)
  • Love and Protect (Heroes of Evers, Texas, #1)
  • Covering Ollie (On Call #2)
  • The Matchmaker's Match (Man's Best Friend, #3)
  • Keeping 6 (Rock Point, #1)
  • Burning for Autumn (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha; On Call #1)
  • Her SEAL Rescuer
  • Protecting The Billionaire (The Sherbrookes of Newport, #7)
  • Chasing the Knight (Stealth Ops: Echo Team #1)
  • Cabin 12 (Rock Point, #2)
  • HWY 550 (Rock Point, #3)
  • Thanatos (Guardian Security Shadow World Book 4)
  • Taking a Risk: Part One (R.I.S.C. #1)
  • Winter's Journey
  • Ranger Security 6 Book Omnibus
  • Angel (Linear Tactical #4)
Kennedy Mitchell lives in Dallas with her husband, son, and 90lb goodlendoodle who, despite his large size, believes he's a tiny lap dog. She began writing in 2016 with her debut novel 'Falling for the Chance'. Since then she moved toward the romantic suspense genre with the bodyguard series - More Than a Threat, and stand-alone military romance - A Covert Affair.
Her plans are to keep writing

News & Interviews

With clever detectives, missing jewels, murderous women, daring spies, and more, mysteries and thrillers deliver page-turning delight with ever...