Start by marking “I say OOH You say AAH” as Want to Read:
I say OOH You say AAH

I say OOH You say AAH

“There’s something very important that I need you to remember. When I say Ooh, you say Aah. Let’s try it.”

In this interactive picture book, young readers help to tell the story by responding to simple verbal or visual cues. This hilarious book is perfect for reading aloud and is fun for the whole family.
Hardcover
Published by Kane Miller (first published March 1st 2018)

To ask other readers questions about I say OOH You say AAH, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I say OOH You say AAH

Start your review of I say OOH You say AAH
Amanda Harrison
I'm not sure that I've read a lot of books that just didn't WORK as a one person read aloud. But there you have it. You have to read this one out loud. You have to read it with someone else.

I'm not sure what you call this odd genre of absurd comedy books, but they are a lot of fun. I dare say they will get tiresome eventually. But they haven't yet!

#underpants
Margo Tanenbaum
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great read for storytime! Very interactive and fun. I shared it with 75 first graders and they loved it. Very silly but perfect for ages 4-8.
Frankie S
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was so funny! It was interactive and very silly. I was tapping on my head, screaming AHH, saying the word underpants....lol! I loved it and was giggling lots
Eli Millette
Jane
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
My assistant and I couldn’t stop laughing when we read I Say Ooh You Say Aah for the first time. We shared it with a ninth grader who didn’t think it was funny at all – and didn’t seem to “get it.” We are anxious to share this with our younger elementary students. I do think that John Kane knows what will make young children laugh.

From the back cover – “This is no ordinary book. Everything I say you must do. So when I say Ooh you say Aah. [It is] a laugh-out-loud interactive picture book.” While
Nicola
Yay, another interactive picture books! Miss 3 loved it, I know other kids who would enjoy it, and it would probably cause a classroom of 5 year olds to collapse with the giggles. Miss 3 kept forgetting the instructions or not quite getting some of the word jokes but she enjoyed having us make noise and getting to yell 'undies!!' repeatedly.

The book has instructions like whenever the adult reads 'Ooh' then the listeners say 'Aah!' (coincidentally the donkey ends up being called 'Ooh'), or whene
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The group of second graders I read this to had a great time and wanted to read it again immediately, perhaps because the directions really are hard to follow, and it would be even funnier if you followed them perfectly. Anyway, it was definitely a hit (one kid told me he was going to ask for that book for his birthday). I am stingy with my 5-stars, however, and I almost didn't give this one a 5-star review because I do think the illustrations could be better and clearer. Really, I'd give it a 4. ...more
Dave
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This would be hilarious for audience participation! I think a class of fourth graders would LOVE it. I, on the other hand, had to reread parts to remember what I was supposed to do. Long day! LOL!

In this particular book, the author gives you tasks to do as the story develops. The title is an example. When the reader says, “Ooh,” the audience says, “Ahh.” It turns out that Ooh is a shy donkey whose name gets said often in the story. Combine that with lots of other commands, and the story should b
Lacy
Apr 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
I got this book from a friend who sells for Usbourne. This book is so bright, and colorful. I love that about it.

My daughter enjoys this book, but can’t really participate in the interactions yet. She doesn’t quite grasp the concept, but she is slowly catching on. She still thinks the book is funny, regardless.

This book isn’t very educational, but it is fun, and interactive. I like books that allow kids to participate some.

I would recommend this book for preschool to elementary school student
Hollie
Jun 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
I came across this book when I took my class on a library trip on SBT2. The librarian read the class this story and the children were so engaged. It is quite a silly book but the children loved it. It allows the children the opportunity to participate in the story and join in with the reader. The children need to look for clues within the book whilst it is being read, which helped to keep them engaged so they they did not miss them. It is the perfect book to read at the end of the day for KS1 as ...more
Katie
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens, storytime
Super interactive story in which readers have a few verbal responses, and actions they take based on what the narrator reads, the actions of the narrator, and illustrations. Cute, and I think children will really enjoy the book if they can remember their part and keep it all straight.

One catch for me-there is no title page. The story starts the second you open the cover. If reading to a group don't stip that page thinking it is just the title page.
Carly Bontrager
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantasy Fiction
K-2nd grade
This is such a fun book! I love how interactive it is and it really makes the kids think about all that they need to remember to do. Because it’s so interactive, the book does a great job of keeping children engaged in what you’re reading and in what they need to do. Kids will think this is such a fun and silly book.
Beka
After numerous check outs from the library I tracked my son down his own copy of this book. As soon as it arrived today and he saw it his face lit up and was even more excited to learn that it now belongs to him. He is 4 and hasn’t tired of hearing and interacting with this book. It’s a huge hit and has us both laughing by the end.
Leslie
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Might just be my new favorite interactive children's book. Oh my gosh! I had tons of fun reading this over and over again with my almost three-year-old granddaughter. She LOVED it. "Read it again, Gramma!"
Bethany
It's a clever, funny concept, but I wonder what age group it's for. The length of the book would be right for preschoolers, but I don't predict them remembering all of cues or figuring out how to combine them. Maybe it would go over well in the lower elementary grades?
B.A. Wilson
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
This is a fantastic and interactive picture book that can easily be used with a group, which can't be said of a lot of other interactive picture books.

It's also hilarious, so I can only imagine how much fun it would be to read this one to a group kids.
Renee
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Had my son read this to me while I did the interactive moments and noises. Worked well. I'm curious how this would would with my PreK Story Class group, if they would remember all the parts.

Might work as a two person read aloud performance for a full group of kids.
Joseph Whitt
A book designed to make kids laugh ended up just frustrating me as I had to explain the rules just about every page. Maybe this is really a criticism for my son, but still. I'm hoping this won't be a common request.
Rury Lee
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Truly, madly funny!!!

This picture book makes me happy whenever I read it! And I am so eager to read it to everyone I meet!!! This picture book is full of happy energy. John kane is a wonderful author and illustrator! I am already waiting for his next book.
Anna
Jul 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a silly book! I love it. I bet kids will love it too if you react and act silly with them. I'm excited to read this book one day to a class of preschoolers. I bet they'll giggle and laugh a lot. The drawings are simple, but the book is very colorful and bright.
Brandy Lindley
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books
My kids loved this interactive masterpiece! We cracked up all the way through!
Annese
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hilarious! I NEED to try this in preschool storytime or with a young school-age group. I recommend this book for any Jan Thomas fans.
Erin
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This would be so fun with a school age group!
Tracy Hager
Fun but didn't love it.
Jill
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: story-hour-books
A fantastic book that let's the kids interact as you read it to them. I love the donkey, all of the pictures are so cute!! A definite story hour book for years to come!
Michelle
A fun interactive read. Getting your audience to respond back.
Annie
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
great to read aloud with groups over 6 years old.
Melinda
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such fun. Read aloud with a kid and they will lose their shiiiiit!
Heather
I am chomping at the bit to use his amazing book for storytime!
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books-2
A fun, interactive hit. Loads of auditory and sight clues for kids to follow.

• Nibbles: The Book Monster
  • I'm a Unicorn (Little Golden Book)
  • Truman
  • The Very Impatient Caterpillar
  • How to Catch a Unicorn
  • Boy
  • The Oldest Student: How Mary Walker Learned to Read
  • The Good Egg Presents: The Great Eggscape!
  • Pete the Cat: Firefighter Pete