Start by marking “I say OOH You say AAH” as Want to Read:
I say OOH You say AAH

I say OOH You say AAH

“There’s something very important that I need you to remember. When I say Ooh, you say Aah. Let’s try it.”

In this interactive picture book, young readers help to tell the story by responding to simple verbal or visual cues. This hilarious book is perfect for reading aloud and is fun for the whole family.
Hardcover
Published by Kane Miller

To ask other readers questions about I say OOH You say AAH, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I say OOH You say AAH

Amanda Harrison
I'm not sure that I've read a lot of books that just didn't WORK as a one person read aloud. But there you have it. You have to read this one out loud. You have to read it with someone else.

I'm not sure what you call this odd genre of absurd comedy books, but they are a lot of fun. I dare say they will get tiresome eventually. But they haven't yet!

#underpants
Margo Tanenbaum
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great read for storytime! Very interactive and fun. I shared it with 75 first graders and they loved it. Very silly but perfect for ages 4-8.
Frankie 1K B4 K
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was so funny! It was interactive and very silly. I was tapping on my head, screaming AHH, saying the word underpants....lol! I loved it and was giggling lots
Jane
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
My assistant and I couldn’t stop laughing when we read I Say Ooh You Say Aah for the first time. We shared it with a ninth grader who didn’t think it was funny at all – and didn’t seem to “get it.” We are anxious to share this with our younger elementary students. I do think that John Kane knows what will make young children laugh.

From the back cover – “This is no ordinary book. Everything I say you must do. So when I say Ooh you say Aah. [It is] a laugh-out-loud interactive picture book.” While
Nicola
Yay, another interactive picture books! Miss 3 loved it, I know other kids who would enjoy it, and it would probably cause a classroom of 5 year olds to collapse with the giggles. Miss 3 kept forgetting the instructions or not quite getting some of the word jokes but she enjoyed having us make noise and getting to yell 'undies!!' repeatedly.

The book has instructions like whenever the adult reads 'Ooh' then the listeners say 'Aah!' (coincidentally the donkey ends up being called 'Ooh'), or whene
Katie
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens, storytime
Super interactive story in which readers have a few verbal responses, and actions they take based on what the narrator reads, the actions of the narrator, and illustrations. Cute, and I think children will really enjoy the book if they can remember their part and keep it all straight.

One catch for me-there is no title page. The story starts the second you open the cover. If reading to a group don't stip that page thinking it is just the title page.
Leslie
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Might just be my new favorite interactive children's book. Oh my gosh! I had tons of fun reading this over and over again with my almost three-year-old granddaughter. She LOVED it. "Read it again, Gramma!"
B.A. Wilson
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
This is a fantastic and interactive picture book that can easily be used with a group, which can't be said of a lot of other interactive picture books.

It's also hilarious, so I can only imagine how much fun it would be to read this one to a group kids.
Bethany
It's a clever, funny concept, but I wonder what age group it's for. The length of the book would be right for preschoolers, but I don't predict them remembering all of cues or figuring out how to combine them. Maybe it would go over well in the lower elementary grades?
Renee
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Had my son read this to me while I did the interactive moments and noises. Worked well. I'm curious how this would would with my PreK Story Class group, if they would remember all the parts.

Might work as a two person read aloud performance for a full group of kids.
Danica Midlil
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
School-age children would be ideal for this one. There's a lot of responses to remember!
Meredith
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Will the kids like it? I think so. Adding to Mock Caldecott and will also use with K.
Courtnei
I love books that are interactive, but this one is maybe a little too confusing for preschool storytime. Might be a laugh for an older crowd though.
Gayle
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-reads
THIS IS THE BEST BOOK EVER ... I've made many children laugh while reading this one!
Sasha
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, picture-books, yrc
This book is really dumb. I love it unconditionally.
Erin
This would be so fun with a school age group!
Susie
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious. When I read it, I had to remind myself of the instructions. A three-year-old might do it better!
Eileen A. Locher
Super fun

My three year old son and I enjoy this book a ton! We laugh and he gets so into it. Really fun.
Becky
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
YES! Share this fabulous book with a young one and you WON’T stop laughing. Ok, you can share it with an adult too - you will STILL laugh!!! SO FUN!
Michelle
A fun interactive read. Getting your audience to respond back.
Annese
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hilarious! I NEED to try this in preschool storytime or with a young school-age group. I recommend this book for any Jan Thomas fans.
Aug 08, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun read tailor-made for storytime!
Fiona
Nov 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: primary, read-aloud
Recommended as a read aloud, will try it with junior primary. Wasn’t that fussed on it.
Brandy Lindley
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books
My kids loved this interactive masterpiece! We cracked up all the way through!
Elizabeth
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can't wait to read this book in story time. It should make for a funny, interactive read aloud, like "The Book with No Pictures" and "Can You Make a Scary Face?"
Jill
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: story-hour-books
A fantastic book that let's the kids interact as you read it to them. I love the donkey, all of the pictures are so cute!! A definite story hour book for years to come!
Jenni Heins
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Interactive...great read aloud! Probably best with a 2nd grade audience. My 12 and 14-year old liked it!
Melinda
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such fun. Read aloud with a kid and they will lose their shiiiiit!
Tracy Hager
Fun but didn't love it.
Annie
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
great to read aloud with groups over 6 years old.
« previous 1 3 4 next »