Start by marking “Vegan Family Favorites: Tasty and Satisfying Recipes Even Your Kids Will Love” as Want to Read:
Vegan Family Favorites: Tasty and Satisfying Recipes Even Your Kids Will Love

Vegan Family Favorites: Tasty and Satisfying Recipes Even Your Kids Will Love

3.55  ·  Rating details ·  29 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Finally a cookbook written by vegan families, for vegan families. Vegan Family Favorites is a collection of down-home delicious meals that were created, tested, and approved by vegan families. Fast and easy preparation with easy to find ingredients makes this the cookbook you'll reach for first. Includes breakfasts, breads, sandwiches, soups, salads, dips, dressings, side ...more
Published February 1st 2006 by VegFamily (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Vegan Family Favorites, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vegan Family Favorites

Julie
Aug 18, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: vegan families
Shelves: vegan-cooking
More than 200 Veg-Family Magazine readers submitted their family's favorite recipes for this book. It's a collection of simple yet tasty recipes. A fair amount is just Veg 101 stuff tweaked a bit, but I appreciate updates on dishes I enjoy already. Some additions to the collection were completely unnecessary. "Cheese Quesadillas: tortillas, vegan cheese and vegan sour cream." no, really?

This is a good cook book to use with your kids. My 6 year old was able to read through most recipes and help p
Jessica
Jun 02, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
This cookbook's a keeper. All the recipes were developed by real vegan families and tested three times before publication -- and they all promise to be kid-friendly. My vegan kid is pickier than the average, so they didn't all work on her, but I'm hoping she'll grow into them.

The instructions are clear and simple, and the ingredients are easy to find. It's too bad that so many rely on vegan cheese, or I think we'd try them all. As is, here's what we have made so far --

Couscous with Veggies: This
Lisa Topp
Dec 01, 2009 rated it really liked it
Excellent idea book - although I have no problem substituting real eggs and cheese for vegan products. There are great ideas of getting more vegetables into your family's diet. Some favorites already: spinach enchiladas, carrot potato pancake and creamy tomato risotto. I borrowed this book from the library and put it on my 'to buy' list because there are too many recipes I want to keep to copy them all!
Darby
Apr 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Contained in this book is a chocolate cake recipe to die for that my husband made for me when we were first dating. I hunted down this book to get that recipe, and in looking through it I found a lot of other good recipes as well. Not one that I have to own, but I copied several recipes out of it. I'm a sucker for good recipes.
Michelle Hankes
Jul 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This book gave me several great gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free recipes for baked goods I have been wanting to make on my own. This book also provided alot of really great tasty recipes to try beyond the vegan world. I would recommend it to anyone!
Liz
Jan 19, 2008 marked it as cookbooks
Have found some pretty good/healthy recipes - now to just try them with the kiddos. :)
Dee
Jan 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This book is worth it for the zucchini bread recipe alone. I make it at least once a month.
Nov 05, 2010 rated it liked it
The library's copy of this book still bristles with my bookmarks and yet, I haven't tried any of the recipes. I should get to that.
Susan Erhardt
Nov 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
Mmmm...I found lots of yummy sounding recipes to try out. If only there were pictures....
Nelson Montalvan