Start by marking “The Two Kings: Jesus & Elvis” as Want to Read:
The Two Kings: Jesus & Elvis

The Two Kings: Jesus & Elvis

3.54  ·  Rating details ·  48 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Armed with Elvis biographies and a King James Bible, an investigative journalist compares the King of Rock and Roll to the King of Kings, in a hilarious, outrageously illustrated exploration of Elvis's claim that he was the Messiah. 60,000 first printing. $60,000 ad/promo.
Published July 10th 1996 by Random House Value Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Two Kings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Two Kings

Ashley
Oct 22, 2009 rated it liked it
It really wasn't at all what I was expecting. Then again, nothing really explained it besides a comparison study of Jesus versus Elvis - so I was thinking more essays, fewer pictures. This is a funny read, probably best relegated to the coffee table or the bathroom, it pairs quick one liners 'Jesus was the light of God' 'Elvis studied to be an electrician' with a caricature of Elvis. If you are an AJ Jacobs fan, I recommend it for your shelves - to find it, try AbeBooks.com.
Maryann
Sep 16, 2014 rated it did not like it
I fell in love with the books of A.J. Jacobs and quickly ordered them from the library. This one however was a true waste of time! A little over 100 words and great graphics, it compares the King of Rock and Roll to the King of the Jews. It was good for a laugh, but not much more than one laugh. I still love the author and many of his books but this one can only be used to level a table.
Scot
Jan 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite books ever. Makes me laugh just thinking about it.
Lisa
Jul 06, 2009 rated it it was ok
Not at all what I was expecting . . .
Melody
I have read a couple of books described as hilarious that just don't measure up. This one at least made me smile. Maybe even chuckle.
James
Apr 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Funny, inventive book, although I believe Christians would find it a bit offensive. More of a picture book and unlike anything I have read of Jacobs, but his iconoclastic wit had me chuckling.
Zeki Abi
Mar 15, 2012
The
May 05, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Confessions from Correspondentland: The Dangers and Delights of Life as a Foreign Correspondent
  • I Hate This Place: The Pessimist's Guide to Life
  • Lives in the Balance: Nurses' Stories from the ICU
  • Letters from a Lost Generation: First World War Letters of Vera Brittain and Four Friends
  • Winnie-the-Pooh on Problem Solving: In Which Pooh, Piglet and friends explore How to Solve Problems so you can too
  • Who Got Einstein's Office? Eccentricity and Genius at the Institute for Advanced Study
  • It's Hard Out Here For a Shrimp: Life, Love & Living Large
  • The Encyclopedia of Hell
  • Fuzzy Memories
  • Mirror Talk
  • Musings on Minutiae
  • Grundish and Askew
  • The Making of a Serial Killer: The Real Story of the Gainesville Student Murders in the Killer's Own Words
  • Kosher Jesus
  • The Cabal and Other Stories
  • Human Property Hanging in the Family Tree Yields a Harvest
  • Just Friends
  • Actions Speak Louder
A.J. Jacobs is a New York Times bestselling author, Esquire editor and human guinea pig.

Among Jacobs’ life experiments:
--The Know-It-All. The bestselling memoir of the year he spent reading the entire Encyclopedia Britannica in a quest to become the smartest person in the world.
--The Year of Living Biblically. The bestseller about his life as the ultimate biblical man. He followed every rule of th
More about A.J. Jacobs...