Start by marking “Tomorrow I'll Be Brave” as Want to Read:
Tomorrow I'll Be Brave

Tomorrow I'll Be Brave

Journey through the beautifully hand-lettered messages by award-winning illustrator Jessica Hische. This uplifting and positive book encourages kids to promise that tomorrow, they will try new things, do their best, and be brave.

Tomorrow I'll be all the things I tried to be today:
Adventurous, Strong, Smart, Curious, Creative, Confident, & Brave.
And if I wasn't one of
Published October 16th 2018 by Penguin Workshop

To ask other readers questions about Tomorrow I'll Be Brave, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tomorrow I'll Be Brave

Start your review of Tomorrow I'll Be Brave
Hilda
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
When I say this book is perfect for kids all ages I mean it. It's a great reminder that children are growing and learning and one day will be adults. It's never too early, or too late, to foster every single life lesson in this book.

Tomorrow I'll be ADVENTUROUS
I'll play and I'll explore
I'll make or learn or try something
I've never done before!

Tomorrow I'll be BRAVE
There's nothing I can't do
I won't be scared but if I am
I know that I have you.

Tomorrow I'll be STRONG
I'll climb and jump and run
It
Dna
The kids in storytime were captivated by the broody-moody artwork! I personally love this punchy, beautiful book about who we hope to be tomorrow.

Absolutely perfect! I can’t wait to read this in storytime!
Mel
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This may be a picture book, but the message is timeless and ageless.
The illustrations and lettering are stunning.
Tomorrow be:
Brave
Wrenaria
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
Beautiful book with a positive message created by my favorite graphic designer. One star docked because some of the more intricately handlettered words can be hard to read at first due to crossing the fold, but elegantly done nonetheless.
BrocheAroe
A good reminder for kids big and little, for people growing and grown, that while we try our best, there's always another chance tomorrow to be brave, or any of the other things - like smart and adventurous and creative - that we strive to be every single day.
Jennifer (JenIsNotaBookSnob)
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018picturebooks
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this book. Just a positive breath of fresh air. A wonderful reminder for kids and adults of little goals we can aim for along with the idea that it's okay not to be good at everything so long as you tried.

Beautifully illustrated. Have to admit that for some reason I cried a little, don't know why.. lol

Wendy
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
I might have liked this book better if the font/print had been more legible. Some of the words were really hard to make out.
Abigail
Jan 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Readers Looking for Inspirational/Aspirational Picture-Books / Anyone Who Enjoys Good Graphic Design
"Tomorrow I'll be ADVENTUROUS / I'll play and I'll explore / I'll make or learn or try something / I've never done before!" So begins the rhyming text of this debut picture-book from graphic designer and lettering artist Jessica Hische. The narrator imagines the many things she will be on the morrow, and the many things she will accomplish, concluding that if she falls just a little bit short, in one area or another, it will be OK, because she will have her parents, and will try her best...

I
Stephany  Pachowka
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Tomorrow I’ll be brave, there’s nothing I can’t do. I won’t be scared, but if I am, I know that I have you.”

The message throughout this picture book includes strong characteristics- adventurous, smart, curious, creative, confident, & brave. All qualities we want our little ones to develop. We love reading this book at bedtime and my girls have really taken to using her vocabulary. Who doesn’t love hearing a 3 year old and a 6 year old girl saying they are BRAVE.

In addition Jessica’s
Jessica
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet book - I'd love prints of some of the illustrations. Conner's copy came from the Dolly Parton Imagination Library - another win.
Brianna
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gorgeous.
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
What a wonderful message to put dancing in your young one’s head as they drift off to sleep. This is a gorgeous book with a fabulous moral, one we could all do well in remembering: tomorrow I’ll do my best.
Debbie Tanner
This is a beautiful picture book with terrific positive vocabulary about goal setting for the next day. One of the pieces that's great about it is the examples that are given for each of the words through the text and pictures, making it an excellent learning tool.
Jeimy
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Best bed-time story I have ever read.
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Tomorrow I’ll Be Brave by Jessica Hische. PICTURE BOOK. Penguin Workshop, 2018. $18. 9781524787011

BUYING ADVISORY: Pre-K, EL (K-3) - ESSENTIAL

AUDIENCE APPEAL: HIGH

At the end of the day, a young bunny narrates all the ways she will be adventurous, strong, smart, curious, creative, confident, and brave tomorrow. The final thought though is that even if she isn’t all those things, at lease she tried her best.

This book is by an acclaimed graphic designer, and that acute sense for design is obvious
Gena M
Nov 08, 2018 added it
Shelves: prek
Genre: Realistic Fiction in the sense that the choices the character is making are real choices a child would make. Animal, the characters are animals
Ages:2-7
Reading Level: PreK-2nd
I would use this book when talking about feelings and the power of choices. We would read the story and discuss all the different choices that we make in a day. (The words the author uses for the choices are also great vocabulary words.) We would think of ways that we have had similar choices to be something the book
Aleria
We have a bunch of children's books at my job on the kids table & I always noticed the interesting an fun ones. Mainly for the artwork & titles.

But this book always caught my eye every time I passed the table at work. Mainly because of the big letters in that lovely font that read, "BRAVE". I'm glad I went ahead & read it while it was slow at work.
I loved everything about it! From the beautiful artwork (the colors were so vibrant & fun but then went to cool & relaxing..hope
Megan Schmelzer
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Open Book Reviews by Megan Schmelzer
www.openbookreviews.org

Jessica Hische is a gifted graphic designer, and her talent reigns supreme in her new story, Tomorrow I’ll Be Brave.

Tomorrow I’ll Be Brave is a beautifully crafted gift book. Each page has a message of encouragement and strength. To match each message, one of Jessica Hische’s masterpieces beautifully illustrates the words on the page.

Although there is not much to this story, it is a perfect book to give as a graduation or birthday gift.
Meredith
Jul 25, 2019 rated it liked it
At bedtime a young rabbit muses over the attributes he wants to embody and the things he wants to do on the following day.

This story highlights seven positive qualities: Adventurous, Strong, Smart, Curious, Creative, Confident, and Brave. Each is beautifully lettered across a two page spread and followed by activities that can cultivate the quality. The illustrations are lush, bold, and richly layered. Young readers will enjoy exploring the details.

The message is very positive and encouraging,
Jj
A disappointing collection of platitudes intended to inspire are embellished here with some very lovely art and lettering. I know this is a book ostensibly intended for children, but I suspect its true audience is adults who love those cliched phrases made up to look pretty, and all too often posted on social media. Are the illustrations nice? Yes, of course. But there's not much here to recommend this volume otherwise, because the text is dull as dishwater and the beautiful lettering is often ...more
Paige Freisen
Tomorrow I'll Be Brave I liked the book it was not one of my favorites that I have read because I like a little bit more writing on the pages but I did like it for younger children because it teaches them that if they have a day where maybe they are not as creative or not brave enough that day that it is okay. There will be another day where they have a chance that they can be better then the next day.
Katie
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens, storytime
A recitation of the positive qualities a young rabbit wishes to posses tomorrow, with really cool lettering of the word oversized to fill both pages. There is also a short sentence or two explainings how the rabbit will express these qualities but in vague/ open-ended terms. In the end the rabbit is getting ready for bed and says how it is okay if they aren't all of these things, and it is okay to be sleepy and tired now. Tomorrow is a new day to try again.
Nathan
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
This is the book I read to my toddler every night before bed. It's got gorgeous artwork, with large clear shapes but also hidden details that relate the imagination pages to the real world pages. (E.g. all the animals in the race are stuffed animals in the toy bin.) The letterforms are artistic, which is both attractive but also educational, as we can talk about how letters can have different shapes but still be the same letter. I recommend this book unreservedly.
Sandra
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A rabbit and her cat encourage each other and the reader to be brave and try new things tomorrow.

What I liked: It is richly illustrated in Jessica Hische's unique style. The colours and combinations of colours were my favourite thing, even more than the story, and the story is charming and uplifting.

What I didn't like: Not a thing, this is a lovely book for children and our inner children.

I give this book a 5 out of 5 star rating.
Relyn
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: each and every parent
Recommended to Relyn by: spotted on Instagram
I love this book. I love this book. I LOVE this book!

Do you love hand-lettering? You'll love this book.
Are you looking for a lullaby of a book for a baby you love, or a soon-to-be-parent? Buy this book!
Are you a parent? This book will make you smile.

This book is simply perfect. Perfect, I say.
Nancy
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a book with a big and powerful message that's just right for the pre-K group of kids. It's message is about being brave and curious and adventurous and several other adjectives. And it's ending is just right for a bedtime story book. It is very colorful and bright and encourages little ones to think.
Kay
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of-2018
Unusual and challenging to read in ebook format, I can imagine kids dreaming of the big beautiful words that inspire and encourage--a book I went back to over and over, for the full-page, imaginatively lettered words became big symbols of the smaller-font words of encouragement that being brave is at the heart of things and there is always another chance at it. Outstanding!!
Morgan
Apr 05, 2019 rated it liked it
I really wanted this to be more captivating than it was. I love the idea that each day is a new opportunity for kids to explore, learn, and play, and I loved the ending that tells them it's ok if they fail and try again tomorrow. I'm not sure why, but despite the delightful and important message for kids, I wasn't wowed by the book.
Monica Fumarolo
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-releases
Well this is just darling and perfect. I’m a longtime lover of Hische’s lettering and art, so I bought this to have in my home when my young niece comes and has a selection of stories. Upon reading this, it’s a beautifully illustrated book with a message that I needed for my adult self as much as any kid might need it, too.
Haruko reads
Oct 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute! Hische's lettering is absolutely flawless, as usual, but there isn't much to say about this book beyond that. Little kids will enjoy the repetition and rhyme. The story and message are very straightforward but not particularly memorable.
« previous 1 3 next »