Start by marking “The Christmasaurus” as Want to Read:
The Christmasaurus

The Christmasaurus

(The Christmasaurus #1)

Why settle for a pony or a puppy for Christmas when you could have a dinosaur? A rollicking adventure from singer-songwriter and YouTuber Tom Fletcher.

Published October 23rd 2018 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published October 6th 2016)

Start your review of The Christmasaurus
Lola
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you’re like any of my friends, you’re probably making a strange face at seeing me finish a Christmas story, but believe me when I say I was DYING to read anything cute and not gore-related. People have pushed scary stories and movies on me, but really all I needed today was a cute boy who finds a dinosaur in his room on Christmas day.

This was a delight from start to finish. The writing is lovely, the narrator enchanting, the illustrations wonderful and the characters memorable. There are
All right. I'm 40 and I loved this book! There! I said it! I absolutely loved it!

And don't you dare laugh at me because I'll bet, if you're a softy like me, you're gonna love it too! :D

I've been reading it as bedtime story to my child and simply fell in love with it.

This is a wonderful story for children of all ages. It is cute and sweet and funny and allows the little ones to learn by great examples.

It teaches that a hug can accomplish loads more than a mean word, that being different isn't
María Alcaide
An original, different and wonderful Christmas story. It has made me feel super Christmassy all the month, specially when enjoying the songs too. Loved it, book and cd.
Charlotte
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I made a promise to myself this year to only give honest ratings rather than trying to sugarcoat. Honestly, I could not find a single flaw with this book.

The story follows a boy called William Trundle who loves Christmas but nowhere near as much as his dad who has a decorated Christmas tree in his cupboard and wears Christmas jumpers all year round. William also loves dinosaurs and wants a real one for Christmas and it just so happens that the elves at the North Pole have dug up a dinosaur egg.
Chris Callaghan
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderfully magical and so much fun. I loved reading this over Christmas.
Marie the Librarian
Oh what a wonderful adventure! I liked this aaaa lot!
Jessica (Jess Hearts Books)
This was honestly so much better than I thought it would be. I love William and his dad so much, I just want to cuddle them and make them crumpets. This is a gorgeous Christmas story about loneliness, friendship and being different that will resonate with all ages. I'm desperate to get my hands on The Creakers now!
Chloe
This book is what has been missing from all of my past Christmas's.

THIS BOOK IS EVERYTHING. This is the ULTIMATE Christmas read filled with magic and adventure. This book has everything. It was funny, it was heartwarming, it was heartbreaking, it was meaningful and it had wheelchair representation which is amazing! On top of that, there are AMAZING ILLUSTRATIONS THROUGHOUT! It honestly has everything that I love.

I absolutely loved the plot, the characters and the messages portrayed in this
Amy
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
such a lovely story that I cannot wait to read to my own class one day. Tom does such a good job of accurately portraying life in a wheelchair-the positives and negatives! It is a story that I know could bring so much light and hope to so many children in the world in William's position.
Kristina
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If I could, I would give it all the stars in the world because this book deserves it so much!!!

It is the most perfect Christmas read you'll ever have the chance to dive into.

Loveable characters, fabulous dinosaur and a touching story!

Go, go, go! Read it!
leslye
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas
3.5*
I got this book because of it's gorgeous cover, and because it was getting close to December and I wanted a Christmassy book to read. The story is about a young boy called William Trundle who doesn't have an easy life. His belief in Christmas makes magical things happen, so he requests a real dinosaur. A prologue explains how a single frozen dinosaur egg happened to survive. Santa's elves dig it up at the North Pole and Santa reluctantly agrees to sit atop it (his bum is the only one big
Christina (Confessions of a Book Addict)
William Trundle is a ten year old dinosaur fanatic. He absolutely loves them; in fact, it's the one thing that truly brings him joy and it's the one thing he really wants for Christmas even though he knows dinosaurs are extinct. William leads a normal life with his dad, who loves all things Christmas, but William is a little bit different than the other kids. He is confined to a wheelchair due to an accident when he was a young child. So oftentimes at school, he gets bullied by Brenda Payne, the ...more
Sandra (LadyGrey Reads)
description

description

‘I’m pretty sure the elves can’t make real dinosaurs.’

You should have seen my face when Tom Fletcher announced this book on his YouTube channel last year. I've been a fan of Tom's since McFly begun (I blame my sister, who introduced me to the band) but I haven't read any of his previous books - mainly because they are aimed towards younger kids and by the time they started appearing on the shelves all of my younger cousins were too old for bedtime stories (according to them). This book is
Nicole
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you believe in magic, especially the magic of Christmas, then this is for you.
A dinosaur hatches millions of years when elves dig it out of the magic North Pole.
William's mother died years ago, he was in an accident and can't walk, he is getting bullied at school and his Dad is a disaster, starting caught his love of everything Christmas.
When Santa gets a worrying letter about a boy who doesn't think he can get what he wants for Christmas Santa is on a mission to make it himself.
A Hunter is
Aleida Oskam
The book that made me complete my reading challenge this year. And it was good. A story that combines the two things that Tom Fletcher loves most. I really liked to story. Had to chuckle from time to time and at the end it nearly had me crying. Eventhough it is officially a childrens book it's a good read for adults too!
Amy Hawthorne
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
I am the happiest person after reading this book.
Ophelia
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love, reread
#tisistheseasonathon

Oh this is just the cutest I want a Christmassaurus please!!

Read it for the challenge “Read a holiday themed book”
Isabel
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has been so sweet. I have directly translated it, and it has taken us some time but we both really loved it and the story is cute and funny. I think this would be a perfect Christmas story to read for your kid, but it depends on their ages. R took it fine at 3, and found the story funny but your kid might not.
I think the character William is interesting and that Tom Fletcher has done a great job for showing us different topics in the book such as respect to each other and being okay
Emilie Emzbooksandco
10/5 stars ! This book is perfect and so important !!!! A cute story with powerful words, and omg I need to buy these books to my little cousins!
A new favorite!! (Full review to come)
Anniek
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So so cute!! Read it in one sitting
Jessi
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is beyond cute! More like a 4.5 stars read ...more
Ellyn   → Allonsythornraxx
04/11/2018
2.5/5

This started out with promise but pretty quickly declined. I do think younger kids will enjoy reading this around Christmas, especially with the addition of the dinosaur. But, I really wasn't a big fan of the writing or the massive lack of plot.

(Also, Santa was kinda rude and that really took me out of the story)

TW: Use of fatphobic language like "fatty"
Anna
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. it was very festive and imaginative. I loved the sensitive loving dad, the dinosaur, santa clause and all the christmas stuff!

[Warning, feminist rant coming up!]

However, I did not enjoy how this book portrays females. Firtsly, there are not that many female characters. I could have overlooked that the book barely passes the Bechdal test, but I cannnot accept that it focuses so much on how attractive the female characters are. Some examples are the fact that Brenda
Leilah Skelton
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Christmasaurus is a brilliant story of a young boy, a dinosaur, a Christmas wish, and an unforgettable adventure. It’s wrapped up in humour, tied thoughtfully with gently tugged heartstrings, and labelled for anyone who holds Christmas deep in their heart.

This book not only has all the trimmings of a good festive story (reindeer, elves, Santa, snow) but also the most marvelously wonder-inducing explanation of how North Pole elves REALLY work. (And, guys – It really *is* magic!) In fact, Tom
K.J. Chapman
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As I type this, I have a 7 year old giving input over my shoulder. I read this novel to her every night for the past few weeks, and can honestly say that it was a huge hit. It is full of Christmas magic and wonder, and in true Tom Fletcher style, lots of dino-awesomeness.

I'm a huge fan of the main character. William Trundle is a wheelchair user, and it's awesome that such characters are represented in children's literature. Bullying and its effects is also highlighted.

My daughter says it is not
Katie Ziegler (Life Between Words)
Sweet, silly, and festive. And DEFINITELY meant to be read aloud. I'm really looking forward to reading this to Fox when he's old enough. It's the kind of book that will make ANY kid (or kid-at-heart) get wrapped up (see what I did there?) in the Christmas spirit! I mean...santa, elves that speak in rhyme, flying reindeer, the North Pole - this book has it all. And also a dinosaur.

So glad to have read this book this holiday season!
Sam Barnard
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
read this book with my son we both loved it and would recommend it
Elizabeth
Title: The Christmasaurus

Author: Tom Fletcher

Genre: children fiction

Description

Once upon a time--long, long ago, when dinosaurs roamed the Earth--an egg rolled away from its mother and landed in the ocean, where it froze solid and stayed peacefully for thousands of years. Then one day Santa and his elves discover the frozen egg, and Santa sits on
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A delightful Christmas story full of characters that you won't soon forget. My son and I both loved it.
Kathi (bookworldwanderer)
Such a cute and lovely Christmas story! ...more
Anyone noticing any sexism? 5 44 Oct 13, 2018 06:39AM
Goodreads Librari...: Photo of author instead of cover? 5 37 Dec 17, 2016 08:44AM

• A Boy Called Christmas (Christmas, #1)
  • The Girl Who Saved Christmas (Christmas, #2)
  • The Snowman: Inspired by the original story by Raymond Briggs
  • The Night I Met Father Christmas
  • Benny går berserk
  • Father Christmas and Me (Christmas, #3)
  • Frostheart
  • Full spredning - en legeroman
  • Socoteala diavolului
  • Olguța și un bunic de milioane
  • The Ice Monster
  • The Beast of Buckingham Palace
  • The Land of Roar
  • Malamander (Malamander, #1)
  • Jenseits der goldenen Brücke (Cassardim, #1)
  • Eve of Man (Eve of Man, #1)
  • I morgen
  • Fing
Tom Fletcher is an English singer-songwriter, guitarist, and children's author.

The Christmasaurus (2 books)
  • The Christmasaurus and the Winter Witch
“Belief is the most powerful magic there is. Believing is the only magic that makes the utterly impossible completely possible, and the undoubtedly undoable undeniable doable!” 9 likes
“Feeling rottten is much worse than feeling just bad or sad. Feeling rotten is when it seems like no one else in the world understands how you're feeling. When you're feeling rotten everything seems rotten around you.” 4 likes