Start by marking “There's a Dragon in Your Book” as Want to Read:
There's a Dragon in Your Book

There's a Dragon in Your Book

OH NO! There's a dragon in this picture book by bestselling author, YouTube star, and musician Tom Fletcher--author of There's a Monster in Your Book!

First, there's an egg in your book. Then the cutest baby dragon you've ever seen hatches from it. But don't tickle its nose, and whatever you do, don't let it sneeze! ACHOO! OH MY!

Tom Fletcher's infectious read-aloud invites
Published September 4th 2018 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2018)

To ask other readers questions about There's a Dragon in Your Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about There's a Dragon in Your Book

Schizanthus
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There really is a dragon in this book and she’s adorable! This interactive book is so cute that you your kids will love doing everything possible to help out this newly hatched dragon. The illustrations are so endearing and her expressions are so delightful that I couldn’t help myself. I tickled her nose and that made her sneeze, which started a fire that I had to help blow out. Whether you’re flapping the book to help her fly or imagining yummy treats to feed her, this little sweetie is going t ...more
Scottsdale Public Library
Interactive, adorable and imaginative.
This title is reminiscent of The Monster at the End of This Book, but it also has enough of its own creativity to make it ridiculously fun and cute. I mean, you get to high-five an adorable little dragon baby! You should probably go to the shelves and find this gem right now. -Sara S.
Edward Sullivan
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun interactive picture book featuring a cute baby dragon.
Artemis
An incredibly cute interactive picture book for babies. I know what I'd give to my little niece and nephew to play with. I adore that the baby dragon is a girl, too.

Engaging, sweet, and encourages the use of imagination and responsibility.

Final Score: 4/5
Aeicha
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Watch out, that egg in your book is about to hatch into an adorable, fire-sneezing dragon! So begins writer Tom Fletcher and illustrator Greg Abbott’s irresistible and delightful new picture book, There’s A Dragon In Your Book.

Perfect for read-aloud or giggle-filled bedtime story-time, There’s A Dragon In Your Book is a fun, interactive book that will amuse and charm both little and older readers. Fletcher’s funny an endearing text and the stamping, blowing, and flapping interactive elements wi
Erin H
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
Fun interactive book with an adorable dragon!
Alice Rachel
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Super cute and fun!
Gina
Dec 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those imaginary interactive books (blow, shake the pages, etc.), which tend to annoy me. However, the baby dragon was really cute, and that helped.
Jess
As soon as I opened my mail and discovered this book from Penguin Random House Australia, I fell in love with it. Tom Fletcher has created the cutest, and uniquely interactive picture book that I have seen in a LONG time. When combined with Greg Abbott's brightly coloured, and adorably beautiful illustrations, readers of all ages can not help but get caught up in the action.

Hands down, There's A Dragon In Your Book, is one of my favourite, if not THE favourite, picture book I have seen this year
OpenBookSociety.com

ISBN13: 9781524766382
Author website: www(.)mcfly(.)com
Brought to you by OBS reviewer Kayt

Synopsis:

OH LOOK, there’s an EGG in your book!

But this isn’t any old egg – there’s a dragon in it . . . And pretty soon she has set your book ON FIRE. OH NO!

Tom Fletcher and Greg Abbott have created a fantastically interactive sequel to their bestselling There’s a Monster in Your Book. Children will
Library_geek
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a delightfully funny, interactive, compelling, humorous, bouncy, full of spirit, teaches responsibility and is enormous fun. This book has the readers ACHOOING, blowing out flames, popping balloons and water SPLASHING everywhere – using their imagination of course. I was instantly drawn into this story along with my group of preschool and kinder aged children, who were very helpful in reading this book with me. The looks of delight, smiles and interaction with the story is a testame ...more
McKenzie Richardson

For more reviews, check out my blog: Craft-CycleThis is such a fantastic book! I really enjoyed this one, because a) I'm a sucker for dragons and b) I love books that encourage the reader to engage with it, not just read but also participate. Very simple concept, but really well done. The book starts with an egg that hatches into a baby dragon. The text is filled with certain actions to help with the adventure such as flapping the book like dragon wings. A fun way to make the book even more eng
Teriney Keyser
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tom Fletcher is making a tide in children’s books. Most of his books include animals, monsters, and of course dragons. There’s a Dragon in Your Book is extremely fun and the dragon is outright delightful. The book is interactive which makes it fun for the parents/teachers and the children! You have to make sure you follow the instructions or else you’ll find another surprise at the end of the book! The reading is easy for those still learning and being able to interact makes the experience ten t ...more
Juliana
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the absolute CUTEST book with the most adorable illustrations. I think interactive books are always fun for the kids and this one is no exception. Actually, this might be one of my favorites! With each page that you turn, you get into more and more trouble with the little baby dragon. From the book catching on fire from its sneezes, despite repeated warnings not to turn the page, to even more. This is a must buy for your young one. They will be in stitches over what happens in the book. ...more
Suri
A silly, beautifully illustrated picture book that put me in mind of reading The Monster at the End of this Book when I was a kid. I loved that book, but it also stressed me out to read when I was little. This is a cuter, less tense take on a similar theme. The invitation to interact would make this a really fun choice for a story time. Also, dragons! Who can say no to dragons?
Kelsey
Age: Toddler-Kindergarten

Each turn of the page invites another surprise as this baby dragon's cute baby sneeze starts a not-so-cute fire. Blowing it out doesn't work, tamping it down doesn't work, but can your imagination put it out? When an imagined water balloon pops in the book, wouldn't it be fun to mist your audience with a little spray bottle?

Nothing really sets this interactive picture book apart from the others, but it is nice to invite our imaginations into the story.
Helen
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adorable story {even if Fletcher has used the title format of the series of dragon books I've been trying to get published for years! - "There's a Dragon in...."} Beautifully illustrated - Greg Abbott would be a great choice to illustrate my Sweetpea stories. This is going straight on my Christmas list.
Gretchen
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
We have an unbound F&G and I took it home to try with my 2-year-old. He LOVES it, and I already went back and bought the MONSTER version to tide us over until the bound copy of this book comes out. The interactive elements are great for youngsters and evoking a sense of connection and play. My son has been tickling everyone's noses for days! What a fun book.
Gwen Ayler
Oct 25, 2018 rated it liked it
I've been waiting for this one ever since Tom announced it! Being a fan of Tom and Gi means I always get excited when I see an new book coming. I definitely didn't love this one as much as the Monster one but it was still pretty great! The interactive elements are great to keep the kids engaged in the story while you're reading.
Serenity
*I received a free review copy of this book from the publisher through my district library services*

A very cute interactive book where the reader is asked to help the dragon through a series of challenges. You could probably make this work with a group, but it would be best for a lap read. I can see this being a favorite of kiddos who like interactive books.
Read  Ribbet
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love books that act on the reader and/or ask the reader to act on the book. There's a Dragon in Your Book cleverly invites the reader to perform physical actions as they read the story of a small dragon. Fun book to read with young children that invites interaction as you read and will probably lead to lots of rereading.
Erin
Jun 28, 2019 rated it liked it
The illustrations in this book are adorable. I mean, check out that cute dragon on the cover! The actions in this book are the most important mechanic, but I don't think they all hit the mark. Some of it is great--popping a water balloon and eggs hatching. Putting out fires, though? That might be a bit much for the intended audience.

Okay for preschool storytimes.
Cornmaven
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A metafictive picture book about a dragon hatching inside and the author inviting the reader to handle the subsequent hijinks. My grandson had great fun with it, wanted it read more than once, which says volumes.

The dragon is cute, too!
Juliana Lee
If you see an egg don't turn the page or you're going to have a baby dragon, one who sneezes and catches the book on fire. With your help and a little imagination, you can put the fire out and send the baby dragon home fed and happy. But if you see a lot of eggs at the end of the book.... uh-oh!
Bmack
This is a really cute interactive picture book. The reader is asked to help by putting out a dragon fire and using their imagination. Would make a great preschool storytime read and a lap story with a preschooler.
Pam
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Interactive story for a young reader. We first see an egg and are urged not to turn the page. Of course, the reader ignores this and sees the dragon hatch. Fletcher asks the reader to participate in some manner on each page.
Christina Reid
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love how interactive this book is! I have yet to read the first book from this duo, but will be looking out for it in the library now.
Children will enjoy following the instructions to attempt to save the dragon from various hazards. Adorable!
Brenda
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
This was a fun picture book that would be fun to read with a little one. It is fairly interactive and slightly reminiscent of The Monster at the end of this book (don't turn the page). The illustrations were very well done.
Shanon
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
If you are looking for a book that begs interaction with you child (or classroom of children), this is the charmingly funny read you should check out! With each page, the book asks a child to do certain tasks from high fives, to blowing out fire, and helping a dragon fly.
Sheri
Feb 16, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good book to read one on one with a little child and have them interact with the book and do what the author asks them to do. Colorful full color illustrations and lots of fun for a child with this little dragon and the activities in the story.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Another Brother
  • The Road to Hope
  • Fly!
  • Go Sleep in Your Own Bed!
  • Rocking Horse Hill
  • All-of-a-Kind Family Hanukkah
  • Crunch, the Shy Dinosaur
  • The Catawampus Cat
  • The Crocodile Who Didn't like Water
  • I Lost My Tooth! (Unlimited Squirrels)
  • No Bears
  • Zodiac Starforce Volume 2: Cries of the Fire Prince
  • Trust Your Heart (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #24)
  • Cat Knit
  • Hetty Feather's Christmas (Hetty Feather)
  • East Dragon, West Dragon
  • C is for Cthulhu: The Lovecraft Alphabet Book
  • Pearl
Tom Fletcher is an English singer-songwriter, guitarist, and children's author.