Start by marking “Let Me Love You (McClain Brothers #1)” as Want to Read:
Let Me Love You (McClain Brothers #1)

Let Me Love You

(McClain Brothers #1)

Trying to put past hurts behind you is hard when your ex is a fool, but buoyed by child support and alimony, Jo Walker is moving forward with her life, pursuing a career, raising her little girl, and trying to live in peace. She believes she has all the bases covered in her world. But what about her heart?

Rap legend Everett “Big South” McClain is divorced, too, knows all
Published February 5th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Let Me Love You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let Me Love You

Start your review of Let Me Love You (McClain Brothers #1)
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Audiobook review. Everett and Jo had some obstacles to overcome before they could be happy and I was thoroughly entertained by the journey. I found myself rooting for badass Jo with her sassy attitude and charmed by Big South and his suave ways. The plot was interesting in a soap opera kind of way with a hint of OTT drama that kept me glued to my phone as I listened. Let me tell you that the narrator they picked for Everett was perfect **dreamy sigh**.

This book is joining the ranks of my favori
Jessica
3.5 Stars

I really loved the bodyguard novella later on in this series, so I knew that I had to go back and read the beginning of this series. Jo Walker is a single mom who got divorced because her husband cheated on her. She meets Everett, a big rap star, and is immediately put off by his womanizing ways. Everette is completely stricken with Jo, though, and is determined to have her in his life.

In the beginning, I really enjoyed this book. I loved how it was a celebrity romance and Everette tri
Mia Morgan
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG

When I say, I loved this book. I did. Alexandria House you showed it out with this one. All I can say is that Everett 'Big South McClain was everything. I loved that fact that it didn't take them forever to get together. I do not like it when couples fight their attraction for each other and wait till the end of the book to be together. I like they were together all the way through. They went through all the battles together and they talked it out, except for one thing that Jo didn't tell him
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
Don’t mind me, just going through Alexandria House’s backlist. I LOVE her characters so, so much. Especially her adoring heroes!
Bookishrealm
4.5 Stars. So no one was going to tell me to read this book sooner?!? How did ya'll not tell me to read this book when it first came out

Wow! So Let Me Love You is the first book in the McClain Brothers series. A few people have been telling me to check this series out so I thought I would read it while I was in a huge mood for contemporary romance. This was so good. I mean, really good. It was so good that it made me want my own Everett. He is the third book boyfriend that I have acquired this y
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
What a Great book! It was sexy, funny, romantic - but most of all - refreshing!
Finally... a book about colorful characters!
And the audio? The narration was so fun - with awesome slang talk.

ed20623d0677d5f4b5fa14d59f663452
KBeautiful1
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am literally speechless with author Alexandria House!!! My God, she wrote these McClain Brothers (Everett and Leland like nobody's business).

I thought Leland was going to be the end all and be all but that darn Everett OMGGGG!!! He was so fantastic, big time legendary rapper, great businessman, family man and fell head over heels in love with Jo Lena Walker. When we are first introduced to Everett aka Big South, it's not in the most quaint way, he is literally in bed with a groupie chick, mist
Antonella
Feb 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
I liked it and I plan to continue with the series.
Layeshia
This was my 1st time reading this Author and I must say I’ll be reading her again and again! The story is about a plain girl and a hip-hop super star! However both of them bringing emotional baggage to the relationship This was a really excellent story! Run don’t walk purchased this story! Five stars!!
Black Girls Read Books, Too
Some of the characters were flat and stereotypical but overall it was an entertaining steamy read.

Black Girls Read Books, Too
Find us on FB
K2G
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lightning
House is definitely one of my new Fav Writers....She said ColeWolrd that did it for Mi😂 O and I thought is was just Mi, I did not know the Migos apart either 😂🤦🏾‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️
Renee  Bailey
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love at first fight...

I’m in love with love! Eve and Jo had me at hello and the fight that these two had in them to keep their love was toning short of amazing. I felt the chemistry through the pages and was glad to see them both win in the end. I would have loved to see more revenge on Sid and Ester but I realize revenge can come in many different forms and Jo surely showed Ester what it would look like should she cross a certain line.
Deloris
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had a wonderful time reading this book! It’s really good, I went through the gamut of emotions, laughter, anger, surprise, relief, and turned on , Big South is big down south👀❤️❤️.I can’t wait to see what this author writes next!
Lady Raven RAVE!

Pages: 318
Audio: GOOD (f/m)
Kindle Unlimited: Yes

STORY:
11 hours of audio, it didn’t even feel like it. That’s how engrossed I was with the story. For me, this was good storytelling, which allowed me to enjoy myself. Everett, aka Big South, was definitely charming. I am glad that even though the author made him a rapper, it was
Ezinwanyi Chinyere
Rappers Delight and Love

This was a non love triangle Jo and two heavy hitters in the rap world, Big South and Bugz. It’s was a really interesting story about second chance love and releasing old baggage.
The rappers bravado felt very authentic to me. I liked Jo as she was consistent and loyal.

I liked the writing and I forward to reading other books in this series
Shakeria Sharie
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Everything!
Mel González
that was one graphic audiobook lol
Dee's Reading Zone
A hot new author with fantastic writing skills that easily holds your attention from page one till the very end. Loved Everett aka Big South and Jo Walker's exciting story!!!!!

#McClainBros.

10 impressive stars!!!!
Heather❀Kiss The Pages❀
Feb 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!

This was such a sexy, page turner romance! Everett "Big South" McClain absolutely stole my heart. He's a wealthy, famous rapper who hasn't been in a committed relationship in years. Jo is the single mom who catches his eye and he is immediately drawn in by her sassy attitude and the fact that she doesn't seem to care about his celebrity status. This book was HOT! It was also so SWEET and ROMANTIC. Everett's love gestures to Jo were over the top but I was here for it! When a man loves a
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
I have to admit that since I have had the opportunity to listen to this audio, I have pretty much listened to it every other day and in some cases everyday. African-American romance that had layers, charm, commitment, respect, devotion, strength, and more. I loved the ethnic that did not go over the top ethnic. This was a romance not completely full of drama.

The narration duo (Jakobi Diem and Adenrele Ojo) does a superb job of drawing you in to the world of the McClains. I loved the tone, pitch
Somia
Jun 29, 2020 rated it liked it
I was hoping for a lot from this one, after reading the blurb sadly whilst there were moments that made me smile overall it was ok.

Both the main characters have crazy ex-spouses, drama is OTT. The soap opera kept me entertained for the most part although there were times that my eyes rolled alot.

Potential Triggers: (view spoiler)

Acquired via KU.
Karen
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my first read by this author. I enjoyed this book so much. Awesome job!!!
Megan
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I loved this book! Alexandria House is skilled, she creates believable characters and writes great dialogue. This story takes place mostly in LA. Jo, a twenty something divorced single mom with an adorable two year old daughter, is apprenticing with a local jeweler and gets called to make a delivery to a special client. That client happens to be a famous, extremely successful rapper, Everett “Big South.” Both are attracted to each other but Jo thinks Big South behaves like an ass, tells him so, ...more
Adelaide
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I listened to this novel on audible, it was amazing. Big South is an amazing character and I loved every minute of it. The fact that they worked for their love instead of giving up makes me so happy.
Annette Williams
Let Me Love You was so good! I have never laughed so much while listening to a book. There were so many LOL moments. Everett and Jo were adorable! I loved their journey as a couple. Not only was their love story told so beautifully, it was realistic and relatable. Everett is the kind of man we all dream of finding. They both had some excess baggage with their exes but, they overcame it and didn't let the drama get in they way of their relationship. Now, while I love me some Everett and Jo, Bridg ...more
Deirdre Davis
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Best Crazy Ever

I'm going another way with this review! Everett and Jo were good on all sides! Loved them, Nat-Nat, and Ella. But Sidney and Esther take crazy ex's to a whole new level of delusion!!! These two apart were the craziest characters that I have ever come across! I've done tons of reading.....these two right here are in a class by themselves!! This story had so many issues!! Love and laughter still conquers all.
Jerrika Rhone
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love it! I feel like I'm listening to a conversation between me and my sister!

20% Done: Her ex is the worst! My only issue with romances in general is the time line. Love happens so fast that my jaded self has no choice but to side eye, lol. It's also why I love them...go figure.

GIRRRRLLLLLLLL

95% Done: Pip pip cheerio mf *real tears* READ THIS BOOK! It's sexy and funny and a great summer read.
Elizarey
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Romantic. Sexy. Brilliant. Funny. Enjoyable. Page Turner. LOVED EVERY PAGE!
Toria
Feb 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I didn't think I would love this book as much as I did, because it dealt with both of them having jealous exes but it gave some interesting drama and I just loved the romance between these characters. Alexandria House is definitely an author I want to read more from.
My audiobook did a weird thing tough, it showed I got two hours left but when I started listening to it I quickly realized I had listened to this before. It wasn't the book fault though it was probably some bugg on my app. But a gre
Nicole
Feb 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
TW: Use of the N-Word

4.5

Everett and Jo had me dying laughing with their banter. They’re so freaking cute together. And sooooo steamy! Holy moly does Everett talk dirty! *fans self*

So many bad things happened to get in the way of their HEA, I felt so bad for them! Just let them be happy 🤣

Waywardathon Prompt: Home/Set Near Your Hometown, Provenance/Books feat. the Arts
Black Author Readathon: Rockstar Romance, Single Parent

• Set (Them Boys, #1)
  • Jah (Them Boys, #2)
  • Shu (Them Boys #3)
  • New Year, New Boo?
  • All I Want
  • No Holds Barred (In the Heart of a Valentine, #1)
  • A Risqué Engagement (In the Heart of a Valentine #2)
  • Getting Schooled (The Wright Brothers, #1)
  • Ante Up (High Stakes #1)
  • Give Me A Reason (In The Heart Of A Valentine #3)
  • Inevitable Conclusions (Inevitable #1)
  • The Games We Play (FWB, #1)
  • Safe With Me (Falling for a Rose #1)
  • Pulling Doubles (Wright Brothers #2)
  • Bending The Rules (The Wright Brothers #3)
  • With Your Permission (In The Heart Of A Valentine #5)
  • Inevitable Seductions (Inevitable #2)
  • Deuces Wild (High Stakes, #3)
See top shelves…
A southern girl at heart, Alexandria House has an affinity for good banana pudding, Neo Soul music, and tall black men in suits. When this fashionista is not shopping, she’s writing steamy stories about real black love.

Blog: http://msalexhouse.blogspot.com/
Instagram: @msalexhouse

McClain Brothers (5 books)
  • Let Me Hold You (McClain Brothers #2)
  • Let Me Show You (McClain Brothers #3)
  • Let Me Free You (McClain Brothers #4)
  • Let Me Please You (McClain Brothers #4.5)

Articles featuring this book

While books about anti-racism are trending on Goodreads and dominating the bestseller lists right now, some of our favorite Black authors are...
“I—what would I say? I’m probably the least impressive woman on Earth. No education, no job, not enough ambition to get one. I’m just a mom who’s in a relationship with a famous man.” 0 likes
“But aren’t we a couple now? I mean, if you’re my man, why would you need to keep pursuing me? You can’t pursue something that’s already yours.” 0 likes