Start by marking “Let Me Love You (McClain Brothers #1)” as Want to Read:
Let Me Love You (McClain Brothers #1)

Let Me Love You

(McClain Brothers #1)

Trying to put past hurts behind you is hard when your ex is a fool, but buoyed by child support and alimony, Jo Walker is moving forward with her life, pursuing a career, raising her little girl, and trying to live in peace. She believes she has all the bases covered in her world. But what about her heart?

Rap legend Everett Big South McClain is divorced, too, knows all
Published February 5th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Let Me Love You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let Me Love You

Start your review of Let Me Love You (McClain Brothers #1)
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Audiobook review. Everett and Jo had some obstacles to overcome before they could be happy and I was thoroughly entertained by the journey. I found myself rooting for badass Jo with her sassy attitude and charmed by Big South and his suave ways. The plot was interesting in a soap opera kind of way with a hint of OTT drama that kept me glued to my phone as I listened. Let me tell you that the narrator they picked for Everett was perfect **dreamy sigh**.

This book is joining the ranks of my
Mia Morgan
OMG

When I say, I loved this book. I did. Alexandria House you showed it out with this one. All I can say is that Everett 'Big South McClain was everything. I loved that fact that it didn't take them forever to get together. I do not like it when couples fight their attraction for each other and wait till the end of the book to be together. I like they were together all the way through. They went through all the battles together and they talked it out, except for one thing that Jo didn't tell
KBeautiful1
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am literally speechless with author Alexandria House!!! My God, she wrote these McClain Brothers (Everett and Leland like nobody's business).

I thought Leland was going to be the end all and be all but that darn Everett OMGGGG!!! He was so fantastic, big time legendary rapper, great businessman, family man and fell head over heels in love with Jo Lena Walker. When we are first introduced to Everett aka Big South, it's not in the most quaint way, he is literally in bed with a groupie chick,
Layeshia
This was my 1st time reading this Author and I must say Ill be reading her again and again! The story is about a plain girl and a hip-hop super star! However both of them bringing emotional baggage to the relationship This was a really excellent story! Run dont walk purchased this story! Five stars!! ...more
Renee  Bailey
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love at first fight...

Im in love with love! Eve and Jo had me at hello and the fight that these two had in them to keep their love was toning short of amazing. I felt the chemistry through the pages and was glad to see them both win in the end. I would have loved to see more revenge on Sid and Ester but I realize revenge can come in many different forms and Jo surely showed Ester what it would look like should she cross a certain line.
Ka’leneReads
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
House is definitely one of my new Fav Writers....She said ColeWolrd that did it for Mi😂 O and I thought is was just Mi, I did not know the Migos apart either 😂🤦♀🤷♀ ...more
Mel González
that was one graphic audiobook lol
Deloris
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had a wonderful time reading this book! Its really good, I went through the gamut of emotions, laughter, anger, surprise, relief, and turned on , Big South is big down south👀❤❤.I cant wait to see what this author writes next! ...more
Dee's Reading Zone
A hot new author with fantastic writing skills that easily holds your attention from page one till the very end. Loved Everett aka Big South and Jo Walker's exciting story!!!!!

#McClainBros.

10 impressive stars!!!!
Black Girls Read Books, Too
Some of the characters were flat and stereotypical but overall it was an entertaining steamy read.

Black Girls Read Books, Too
Find us on FB
Karen
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my first read by this author. I enjoyed this book so much. Awesome job!!!
Megan
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I loved this book! Alexandria House is skilled, she creates believable characters and writes great dialogue. This story takes place mostly in LA. Jo, a twenty something divorced single mom with an adorable two year old daughter, is apprenticing with a local jeweler and gets called to make a delivery to a special client. That client happens to be a famous, extremely successful rapper, Everett Big South. Both are attracted to each other but Jo thinks Big South behaves like an ass, tells him so, ...more
Adelaide
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I listened to this novel on audible, it was amazing. Big South is an amazing character and I loved every minute of it. The fact that they worked for their love instead of giving up makes me so happy.
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
I have to admit that since I have had the opportunity to listen to this audio, I have pretty much listened to it every other day and in some cases everyday. African-American romance that had layers, charm, commitment, respect, devotion, strength, and more. I loved the ethnic that did not go over the top ethnic. This was a romance not completely full of drama.

The narration duo (Jakobi Diem and Adenrele Ojo) does a superb job of drawing you in to the world of the McClains. I loved the tone,
Deirdre Davis
Best Crazy Ever

I'm going another way with this review! Everett and Jo were good on all sides! Loved them, Nat-Nat, and Ella. But Sidney and Esther take crazy ex's to a whole new level of delusion!!! These two apart were the craziest characters that I have ever come across! I've done tons of reading.....these two right here are in a class by themselves!! This story had so many issues!! Love and laughter still conquers all.
Elizarey
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Romantic. Sexy. Brilliant. Funny. Enjoyable. Page Turner. LOVED EVERY PAGE!
Jerrika Rhone
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love it! I feel like I'm listening to a conversation between me and my sister!

20% Done: Her ex is the worst! My only issue with romances in general is the time line. Love happens so fast that my jaded self has no choice but to side eye, lol. It's also why I love them...go figure.

GIRRRRLLLLLLLL

95% Done: Pip pip cheerio mf *real tears* READ THIS BOOK! It's sexy and funny and a great summer read.
Sharon
Must read

Every time I read a book by this author they get better and better. This book knocked it out of the ballpark. Love every minute of it cannot wait to read the next book in the series keep on doing your thing. The hero big south he will make you once proposed to him I already did. Must read that your one click on
Read Dee
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

Everett is amazing. His love and support for Joe made me so happy while reading this. When finding someone who supports you like he did you need to hold on just like chill did. Cant Wait to read what is next in the series absolutely love this one.
Karee
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook, scribd, 2019
Look here, I enjoyed every page of this book! I needed a good black romance novel on these here holidays. Ms. House has definitely caught my attention and I can't wait to read about the next Mclain brother. The audiobook kept me up all night. My friends must take a listen.
 tatiana ❀
Jan 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: audible-escape
good, if very unoriginal and insta-lovey
Adrian Lee
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great storytelling!!
Bookteafull (Danny)
Dec 08, 2019 rated it liked it

This was the PERFECT book to keep me entertained and engaged for 2 four-hour drives. It felt like almost no time had passed before I arrived at my destination; and I gotta say, the thrill of ensuring the volume wasn't too high that passerby couldn't hone in on what was going on within my vehicle was adrenalin inducing lmao.

* Me, stopped at red light and hoping the sex scenes and shouts of 'pussy' can't be heard outside the car: *

It was like watching a soap opera and knowing all the drama and
Katheryn
Crazy Love

Jo and Everett had an action packed story. Crazy exs, crazy chemistry, & crazy family dynamics made for a crazy sexy cool love story.

I liked that Jo was an ordinary single mother focused on raising her cute baby girl. Everettes love helped build her self esteem and show her that she deserved the good life.

I also loved that Everette was such a manly upstanding guy. He was a wonderful big brother, dad, and boyfriend. I cant wait to see if all of the Mclain men are built like him!

I
Abeni Gregory
Yass to all of this!!

I don't know where to begin but Alexandria, this is another masterpiece right here!! From beginning to end, I become so invested with Everett and Jo's love story. That damn Sid and Esther were something else!! The lessons learned and watching their love grow and them grow as individuals throughout the story was amazing to see. I can't wait to learn more about Everett's brothers!!
Enecia
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

I was 22% into this book the first time I checked. I checked because I was already excited to see where this couples story was going to take me as the book went on. I was not let down AT ALL. The characters, the supporting characters, the story, the drama, but most of all the love, was so well written. I was pulled in from the very beginning. Now Im looking forward to hearing from the rest of the McClain brothers!

Great read, I highly recommend it!
Cassandra Baker-Durham
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Deep love

Jos first encounter with Big South left much to be desired. Big Souths first encounter with Jo left him reeling. He is willing to pull out all the stops to get and keep her attention. However there are two others who will stop at nothing to keep them apart. Exciting read.
Reese Ryan
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book. It was funny, sexy and sweet. The language is raw and the love scenes are blisteringly hot, so if you don't like sex scenes or obscene language, this isn't the book for you. However, I highly recommend the story because it is so, so good on a variety of levels. This is my second Alexandria House book. I am officially a fan and ready to read the rest of the series.
Sassha Martin
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love It💕💋😗

This book was so good. I love Everett and Jo's love story. Ev had never had a woman talk to him the way the No did and that made him desire her all the more. It was amazing how the went through things but didn't allow any of it to come in between them nor their love. I can't wait to see what happens next with the other brothers.
Tonya
Fire!

From the very beginning this book was on fire! The only draw back I had was Jo started off strong and self assured but in the middle she changed and couldn't believe that Big South could love her for being herself. Their chemistry was off the chain. This was my first book by this author and I must say I'm hooked!

• Set (Them Boys #1)
  • Jah (Them Boys #2)
  • Shu (Them Boys #3)
  • No Holds Barred (In The Heart Of A Valentine #1)
  • New Year, New Boo?
  • A Risqué Engagement (In The Heart Of A Valentine #2)
  • All I Want
  • Give Me A Reason (In The Heart Of A Valentine #3)
  • Love Notes (Equilibrium Book 1)
  • The Games We Play (FWB, #1)
  • Getting Schooled (The Wright Brothers, #1)
  • Pulling Doubles (Wright Brothers #2)
  • Bending The Rules (The Wright Brothers #3)
  • With Your Permission (In The Heart Of A Valentine #5)
  • A Game-Changing Christmas (In The Heart Of A Valentine #4)
  • I Think I Might Love You (Love Sisters Book 1)
  • I Think I Might Need You (Love Sisters Book 2)
  • The Lessons We Learn (FWB, #2)
A southern girl at heart, Alexandria House has an affinity for good banana pudding, Neo Soul music, and tall black men in suits. When this fashionista is not shopping, shes writing steamy stories about real black love.

Blog: http://msalexhouse.blogspot.com/
Instagram: @msalexhouse

McClain Brothers (5 books)
  • Let Me Hold You (McClain Brothers #2)
  • Let Me Show You (McClain Brothers #3)
  • Let Me Free You (McClain Brothers #4)
  • Let Me Please You

News & Interviews

“I—what would I say? I’m probably the least impressive woman on Earth. No education, no job, not enough ambition to get one. I’m just a mom who’s in a relationship with a famous man.” 0 likes
“But aren’t we a couple now? I mean, if you’re my man, why would you need to keep pursuing me? You can’t pursue something that’s already yours.” 0 likes