Start by marking “Coalescence” as Want to Read:
Coalescence

Coalescence

4.43  ·  Rating details ·  44 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
After the betrayal of her ex-boyfriend, Gwen has sworn off men.
Her sister's upcoming wedding and her new single lifestyle serve as constant reminders that she's not where she hoped she'd be in life.
At the urging of her sister, she steps out of her comfort zone with a girl's night out. Counting on disappointment, the one thing she never saw coming was the handsome stranger
ebook
Published May 2018

To ask other readers questions about Coalescence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coalescence

Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~
Shelves: arcs
5 Stars.....

Wow!
This was my first book by this author. And definitely not my last. I just loved everything about this book. The writing was perfect. The pace was smooth and steady. Never was I frustrated or annoyed with any aspect. I had complete respect for both H/h. All around this was a very enjoyable read and I'm so glad I came across it.

Alaric and Gwen.....
Both these characters have trust issues. Both for very good reasons. I understood their wariness and hesitation to become more than a "
Molli Moran
Very steamy, very full of heart. Alaric and Gwen absolutely lost themselves in one another and it was wonderful watching them fall together.
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review by: Jennifer
(4 stars)

After having her heart broken by her ex, Gwen has decided that she doesn't need a man, or the troubles that come with them. Her sister makes her go out one night insisting that she just needs to jump back into the scene, just get a rebound and she should be fine. When she walks in and immediately locks eyes with a Thor look-a-like, her night just got better by 100%. After an amazing night together, the two obviously go their separate ways, not even a phone number exch
Marley Valentine
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Coalescence has pushed it's way to one of my top J.C. Hannigan reads. Fresh and exciting the story between Gwen and Alaric is funny, sexy, and 100% swoon-worthy. Pages filled wth endless hot sex, witty banter, and undeniable chemistry, this is one upcoming release you don't want to miss.

Thank you J.C. Hannigan for giving me another reason to fall in love with your words.

Add Coalescence to your TBR: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
Wow. A new author and I have to say I freaking loved this book.

Gwen was a bit depressed, down in the dumps after a breakup with her boyfriend who cheated on her, and she just couldn't get out of it. Until her sister didn't give her a choice and they went out, for a night on the town. And her sister was adamant she should find herself a rebound, but that just wasn't who she was. But the minute she say Alaric, Thor's lookalike, she was certainly down for a one night stand. And he was just what sh
Elizabeth
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, eram
Just when you think you know an author, they go and mix it up on you! I think Coalescence is the most overtly sexy book that Ms. Hannigan has written and for Gwen and Alaric it really works.
I am a self confessed fan of Ms Hannigan and when it came to reviewing this book, she's a little bit of a victim of her own success. I really liked this book, but didn't get quiet the same level of emotional impact that I am used to from a Hannigan book. Yes, I like it when she twists me up before making it
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Cranky Stars

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and its characters. JC Hannagan is going to be an author to stalk.
Gwen is living a half life closing herself up in her tiny apartment with her cat. Her hearts broken and she just cant seem to move on. Her sister Kelsey forced her out one night and everything changes. She locks eyes on Thor in real life.

Alaric knows heartache and he doesnt have time for any more. His life revolves around his daughter and his work. On a whim he goes to a bar to watch h
Jennifer Pierson
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gwen is trying to get over the betrayal by her ex, when her sister forces her to have a girls night out. And it's this night that she comes across a man who looks like Thor, and he ends up being her rebound hookup. She and Alaric have a HOT night together, and by the next day, they are off to their regular lives again, until he shows up for his new job, which just happens to be the place that she works at. So of course, they try to stay out of each other's way, but with a chemistry like they hav ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alaric has given up everything to be closer to his daughter, and Gwen is disillusioned with men in general after a break up. When Alaric starts his new job he is stunned to realise that his previous one night stand is the boss’s daughter. Both of these characters are adamant that they are not looking for a relationship, but can they deny the intense attraction between them? No spoilers; this is a definite must read, you will not be disappointed! This is a well written, humorous, and captivating ...more
Krista Ricchi
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A sizzling romance that will have you swooning. This was a sweet single dad story. I have to admit I am used to more emotional reads from this author but a good romance works from me too. I enjoy when an author strays from what people expect from them to give you a new experience with their writing.
I loved the characters and how they complemented eachother. Both were hurt in the past and guarded their hearts which was understandable. The pace of the book let you see their relationship unfold wi
Nancy
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a new to me author and I will be reading her books in the future. A hot, steamy, one night stand that was to end right there. However fate had other things in mind for Gwen and Alaric. Both of them had broken hearts for different reasons which I don't want to reveal to keep the story somewhat unspoiled for the reader.
What was supposed to end at a one night stand becomes something they cannot avoid on Monday morning. They are now in each others lives not by choice but still unable to res
Ann
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful Love Story

I very much enjoyed this book! I fell in love with Alaric and Gwen. I orginally despised Cheryl and wanted to punch her, but I had a change of heart. Even the secondary characters I wanted more of. I loved how Alaric and Gwen were able to develop a truly wonderful friendship. This gave them the time they needed to realize their priorities in life. The smexy scenes were super hot. I highly recommend this book!
Tina Michelle
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!!

I think this might just be my new favourite!! Every time I read one of J.C.'s books I think that there's no way the next one can top it, but it always does. They get better and better. Her talent is unstoppable! I always get sucked in and need to read it in one day!

Great story, amazing characters, insane chemistry!
Emerald
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sizzling chemistry, witty dialogue, and a depth to the characters you'll root for make Coalescence a page-turning romance. Hannigan brings more heat to the page than ever before! You won't want to put down this off-limits love story with tension galore!
Michelle Heron
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-reads
5/5 Metal Sparks!!!!

Coalescene is JC's steamiest read to date. 👄 I've been a fan of JC's since I read Collide back in 2016, and in that time I've watched her writing take on some pretty heavy story lines that are close to the heart, but Coalescene was a fresh boost to her writing, it was fun, free and wild, and together one hell of a read.

This page turner about a hot welder, and a writer (I wouldn't call her nerdy because she's too out spoken) was hot and swoon-worthy all at once.

Alaric is a s
Samantha Soccorso
Star-crossed lovers

J.C. Hannigan has done it again with another well written novel. She knows what her readers want to see and how she wants the chapters to come across. If you like romance, drama and a pinch of comedy this is the book for you to pick up. The star-crossed lovers who are total opposite come together over time. Between secrets and love the two main characters didn’t let anything or anyone pull them apart.

Alaric and Gwen will forever be in any readers heart with the storyline they
Stefanie
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sexy read

This is my first book from J. C. Hannigan and it definitely won't be my last! I was drawn in from the first chapter. It's definitely a very sexy read and two people who need each other. Gwen was nursing a broken heart after being cheated on. Alaric was try to connect with his daughter after his ex moved away, then moving to be closer to his daughter.
I loved this second chance story, it was hard to put down. The dance they did telling themselves it was just a friend's with benefits dea
Renee
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

This was a first read on this author for me. I liked the story.

Pros:
There is really no drama or angst, great chemistry.
Tons of sex if you like that.
Fantastic cover that really made me think of these characters.

Cons:
I felt it went a bit long for what it was.
The side characters really lack depth.
We read about every time they have sex, which is multiple times most chapters. I could have been happy with half of those fade to black because it started to feel excessive.
Saucy Book
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A must read!

This is a first time read by this author and I’m so glad I came across it. The story line was great and if your into very little drama, you’ll love this book. It was a great read if you love the single hot dad meets sweet girl story. Love that their relationship took on this comfortable and natural way about it. I definitely recommend this if you love reading a drama free book but as for the ending, I wish there was more to it than how it ended. Besides that, it’s a wonderful read.
Zetta Bam
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
From beginning to end this book was amazingly written and kept me interested right trough.

I loved the hard edge of Alaric and the sassiness of Gwen. Their lives and relationship was so interesting to read about that I simply just could not put the book down because I wanted to know what is going to happen next.
This book keeps you on the edge of your seat and will not disappoint. This is my first time reading one of the author’s books and I insure you this is not the last time.
This authors writ
Becca Whaley
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Coalescence is another amazing read by Jc I loved this book..... The chemistry between Alaric and Gwen was off the charts.... What was suppose to be a one night stand became so much more. He doesn’t have time in his life for more than one night. He’s never really let a woman in, not even the mother of his child truly had a piece of him. Gwen trusts no man after the betrayal of her ex. But once they get a taste of each other, they can’t stop thinking about the other. Then fate steps in and puts t ...more
Mariah Bowman
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun read!

The story of Gwen and Alaric was fun and hot! I enjoyed the fact there was no real drama between the two. Having a couple who are comfortable with each other even through the questions about the feelings and not having to have drama filled moments was a refreshing change to the norm. I highly recommend this book and I am looking forward to reading more from this author.
Brandie Breaux
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was so, so much more than I ever expected it to be! These characters are amazing! It was so easy to fall in love with them and watch them grow throughout the story. Alaric is everything anyone could ever want in a man. Gwen is quirky and exactly who I think I'd be friends with. I had a hard time putting this story down and definitely need more blue-collar romances in my life!
Jamie Chomyc
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the 1st book by JC Hannigan that I have had the pleasure to read!! It was absolutely amazing!! I loved Gwen and Alaric the characters were well written and I couldn't put it down!! I read it in less than 2 hours and loved it from start to finish!! Great story with some seriously HOT chemistry a definite 5 star read!!
Deborah Lane
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sexy, funny, steamy. Good adjectives, but this book deserves even more. I loved this romantic read, story line flows from one scene to next flawlessly , characters are developed, have real depth, sexy steamy interactions. Recommended.
Soroya
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can’t get enough of J.C. Hannigan’s writing. Coalescence was amazing from start to finish. There is such a good storyline that just sucks you in so you don’t want to stop reading. Also this book is hot, hot, hot!! I can’t wait to see what J.C. Hannigan writes next!
Crystal
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by J.C. Hannigan and I wasn't disappointed. I enjoyed the storyline from start to finish. I couldn't put it down once I started it. Gwen and Alaric were likeable and they had me rooting for them. It was a great story!
Jamie Angel
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

Absolutely loved this book. I believe Alaric is my new book boyfriend...lol. J.C. You an amazing job with this one.
Wickedly Sweet & Synful Book Blog  Synclare Moss
This was my first book by this author! It was an incredible sweet read. Highly recommend it.
Kristina Bowen
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was surprised at how the story just flowed, I was towards the end before I knew it. I loved the storyline and the characters, the only draw back is the writing was based in Canada and it took a few times to re-read to understand what it was, I laughed at myself for that.
J.C. Hannigan lives in Ontario, Canada with her husband, their two sons, and their dog. She writes contemporary romance, through which she brings to light awareness of mental health and social challenges.

Like any good Canadian, she loves hiking and carbs.

Collide is her first novel.