Start by marking “Sewing Luna Lapin's Friends: Over 20 Sewing Patterns for Heirloom Dolls and Their Exquisite Handmade Clothing” as Want to Read:

Learn to make Luna Lapin's friends and their exquisite wardrobes. This collection of sewing patterns features five of Luna's best friends and their clothes including Reynard the Fox, Clementine the Cat, Badger, Mouse and even a baby Luna!

Author, Sarah Peel, takes classic garments and recreates them on a miniature scale and with exquisite fabrics including Liberty cottons,
Published July 31st 2018 by David & Charles Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Sewing Luna Lapin's Friends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sewing Luna Lapin's Friends

Start your review of Sewing Luna Lapin's Friends: Over 20 Sewing Patterns for Heirloom Dolls and Their Exquisite Handmade Clothing
Jane
Sewing Luna Lapin's Friends is a really unique idea. The book is broken into sections, each containing the instructions to create an outfit for one of the specific characters. Each section begins with a short part of a story that continues throughout the book. The last part of the book contains the instructions for making each of the characters.

Although I enjoy making stuffed toys and have made quite a few over the years, these patterns (especially for the clothes) are very persnickety and would
Camille
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Such a lovely book!
The animals are beautiful, and the clothing is just so adorable. I love the old timey feel of the designs, it's very vintage and nostalgic. The explanations are very thorough, yet simple and clear, whether it's the steps to make the animals and clothes or the technical guide at the start of the book.
I just want to make them all!

Disclaimer - I received a free digital copy courtesy of F+W Media in exchange for an honest review.
Literary Soirée
Oh my is SEWING LUNA LAPIN’s FRIENDS adorable! It offers 20 full-size sewing patterns for heirloom dolls and their lovely handmade clothing. Sarah Peel, author of the hugely successful MAKING LUNA LAPIN, teaches you to make five of the beloved rabbit’s dearest friends and their wardrobes. Includes easy-to-follow instructions for sewing Clementine the Cat, Reynard the Fox, Mouse, Badger, and — yes! — even a baby Luna, along with charming stories about each character. Highly recommended for ...more
Even for someone who doubts his or her adeptness at sewing, this cute book is worth picking up.
I found ideas to inspire me as well as others I'd like to try even though they may be a challenge for me. The adorably sweet tale about Luna, her friends and her attempts to save the Lido charmed me.

No one is ever too old to love and cuddle stuffed animals. They speak to us in their own language. They appreciate and deserve wonderful clothing.

For those who enjoy vintage designs and those who love
Aubrey
Aug 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: craft-books
Luna Lapin and her friends are adorable; there's no denying it!

Sarah Peel has written a comprehensive book full of sewing projects to create your own crew of heirloom animal dolls, complete with beautiful cottage wardrobes.

My particular favorites are Wilhelmina with her ADORABLE pintuck top and Luna's wellies. They look like Hunter or Le Chameau boots (a la Kate Middleton and Princess Di)!

As noted, these sewing projects are not considered toys. Peel has created these characters so that sewing
Elizabeth Grieve
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A charming little book with patterns to make animal dolls - a rabbit, fox, cat, badger, mouse and their clothes - all adorable in an old-fashioned way! There is a little story for each one, and so lovely for children to follow along with. I would say it's not for the beginner, but the instructions are fairly easy to follow. I believe this book is the second one, the first being how to make Luna Lapin herself.
Thanks to the publisher for a review copy.
Jessica
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
love, love, love these projects!
Kate
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book has patterns to make the adorable little stuffed animals with a cute little story as well. I am excited to try them out for my kids. It was very informative with tons of pointers in addition to the basic instructions. This book would be good for both beginners and those experienced, as they could just skim over the extra details if they feel comfortable with it.
MarieDann
Jan 02, 2019
Rachel Bridgeman
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Another, beautiful, well made book from Sarah Peel! I adored Luna Lapin, her first book, and was hoping there would be some little friends for her at some point and here, in this book, is a baby Luna along with 5 new friends and accompanying wardrobes to make.
The illustrations are gorgeous, and a huge plus for me is not having to resize and print out a book's worth of print. Apart from doubling the price of the book it is not environmentally friendly at all.
I would say this is for an
Astrid Yrigollen
Carol Webster
Mar 01, 2019
Leyla Johnson
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a lovely little book, which not only has patterns and instructions to make 5 fabric animals with their own set of interchangeable clothing, but each piece of clothing has a little story to go with it. they are just beautiful and make a lovely storybook for the children.
Reynard (fox) Freddie (badger) Clementine (cat) Wilhelmina (mouse) and Luna (rabbit) are easy to make, all instructions are provided, and the clothing will fit all the animals. The stories evolve around the animals and
Jane Lawson
Sep 26, 2018
Sally Birkitt
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book for anyone who likes to make art dolls. The instructions are easy to follow and very good illustrations. Each character in the book has a little story written about it. The dolls are animals and they certainly look as if they have character. All of the clothes are made using a variety of fabrics which add to the character of the doll I love the fox and his tweed jacket. Of course you can use any fabric you choose. I think this book would make a wonderful gift for that friend who ...more
S.K.Watson
Nov 25, 2018
Jo
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
#SewingLunaLapinsFriends #NetGalley

Sarah shares a cute and creative collection of sewing patterns features five of Luna's best friends and their clothes. She uses delicate and exquisite fabrics to create miniature scale furniture, clothes and more.
Carol Wilson
Pauline Madeley
Sep 17, 2019
Edna Guerra
Sep 17, 2019

• Forest Fairy Crafts: Enchanting Fairies & Felt Friends from Simple Supplies 28+ Projects to Create & Share
  • Essential Japanese Kanji Volume 1: (JLPT Level N5) Learn the Essential Kanji Characters Needed for Everyday Interactions in Japan
  • Little Traveller: 10 Small Felt Intrepid Explorers and Over 30 Tiny Travel Accessories to Sew!
  • The Mangle Street Murders (The Gower Street Detective, #1)
  • The Goodies File
  • The Curse of the House of Foskett (The Gower Street Detective, #2)
  • Death Descends on Saturn Villa (The Gower Street Detective #3)
  • Strange Magic (Essex Witch Museum Mystery #1)
  • Felties: How to Make 18 Cute and Fuzzy Friends from Felt
  • Elizabeth II: Life of a Monarch
  • Crochet Animal Rugs: Over 20 Crochet Patterns for Fun Floor Mats and Matching Accessories
  • Cherringham: A Cosy Crime Series Compilation (Cherringham, #1-3)
  • 101 Classic Jewish Jokes: Jewish Humor from Groucho Marx to Jerry Seinfeld
  • The Quilter's Apprentice (Elm Creek Quilts, #1)
  • Round Robin (Elm Creek Quilts, #2)
  • Yokai Rental Shop, Vol. 1
  • Trapped in the Mirror: Adult Children of Narcissists in Their Struggle for Self
  • Happy Bento!: Lunches on the Go