Start by marking “Dracopedia Field Guide: Dragons of the World from Amphipteridae Through Wyvernae” as Want to Read:

Identify dragons in the wild with the Dracopedia Field Guide!

Have you ever stumbled upon a dragon egg and thought to yourself, "I wonder which type of scaly beast will burst forth from this delicate and dappled shell?" Well, wonder no more. This fantasy field guide is required reading--and required packing--for both budding and expert dragon enthusiasts. Don't leave home
Published May 14th 2019 by Impact

To ask other readers questions about Dracopedia Field Guide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dracopedia Field Guide

Trish
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it

I have to shamefacedly admit that I have no idea if this belongs to a world of computer games or fantasy books. It's about dragons and has beautiful art of course I had to have it. *lol*

This field guide has 13 chapters, each one dedicated to one dragon race:
- Wyrm
- Coatyl
- Dragonette
- Wyvern

Thus, the book basically covers any variation known from any form of fantasy book, game or movie / TV show
Montzalee Wittmann
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Dracopedia Field Guide
Dragons of the World from Amphipteridae through Wyvernae
by William O'Connor is a book I requested from NetGalley and the review is voluntary. This book is amazing! It makes it seem as if all these dragons and subspecies of dragons are real. Each species and subspecies has it's own section explaining where it lives (complete with a world map), size, habitat, diet, image of eggs, if it is endangered or not, how to recognize it, and gorgeous illustrations! This is for EACH of
♛ Garima ♛
This is type of book which convince you to buy paperback or hard cover editions because digital medium is simply not enough to show it's true beauty....
My only regret is the book 'expired' before I can finish it since netgalley allows you to borrow it for only limited days....still I enjoyed a lot while I had it.
Etienne
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!! I would have love this book so much as a kid!! This is an encyclopedia about every species of dragons. I include marvelous artwork lot of facts about where to find those dragons, how they hatch, weight, height, and more. It does what it says so and done it perfectly!
BookLoversLife
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-review, netgalley
This was such an awesome book. The pictures are stunning and the information had enough detail to satisfy my inquisitive son. I think when it's bound as a book it would look amazing on your shelf and it's one you would pick up from time to time just to look at the dragons. My son and I loved it.
Vivienne
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Have you ever stumbled upon a dragon egg and thought to yourself, “I wonder which type of scaly beast will burst forth from this delicate and dappled shell?” Well, wonder no more. This fantasy field guide is required reading—and required packing—for both budding and expert dragon enthusiasts. Don’t leave home without it!”

Thank you to F+W Media IMPACT Books for a free digital edition via NetGalley of William O’Conner’s ‘Dracopedia Field Guide’ in exchange for an honest review. It is currently a
Shannon
This is such a great book! The art is beautiful, and I love all the information about various kinds of dragons. Great book for fantasy lovers of all ages!

Thank you Netgalley and publisher for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review!
Annie
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Originally published on my blog: Nonstop Reader.

Dracopedia Field Guide is a new guide to dragons and wyverns based on the great naturalist field guides of the Victorian era. Expected release date 7th May 2019, it's 160 pages and will be available in hardback and ebook formats. Written and illustrated by William O'Connor (sadly no longer with us), it is full of witty details from the 'stained' flyleaf with Dewey decimal accession number and tea splashes and Latinized author credit, to the dragon
Lora Carney
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
This is like an encyclopedia of dragons and related creatures, treated totally seriously and giving not only size and colour information, but native area, natural habitat, diet and everything you would expect of any encyclopedia of animals.

It goes much further than just differentiating between a Dragon and a Wyvern, but explains creatures less familiar like Amphipteres and Jormundganders, Sea Orcs and Hydras.

I'm not sure of the authority for some of the 'facts', but I suspect a combination of es
Caffeinated Fae
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I've seen William O'Connor's artwork everywhere, but I never found the time to sit down and pick up one of his art books. When I saw this book offered up on NetGalley, I knew I needed to read it. The art is spectacular, and this would make a great coffee table book for any dragon enthusiast. The different types of dragons were outlined well, and this had a non-fiction feel to it. My one complaint about it was that it read a li
Questian
May 06, 2019 rated it liked it
It was good that they have this book to give more information on the dragons in the book. I did not read the book, but the pictures are actually sliced and they did not look good. Maybe because i am nearly using a Kindle app to read the ARC that is why the picture is not good. But the dimension of the picture should at least change when the font is lessen. I am sorry if it seems unfair, but I was not really happy on how the pictures turned out. I would love to see the actual book but for now. I ...more
Erika
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Art is incredibly stunning and resourceful! I love how there's info on the biology, history, behavior and even locations of all the dragons! It is so well written that it feels like I'm reading an actual science books about animals.

It's making me want to pick up my pencil and try to draw some these awesome dragons. Im loving every page and now I want the physical copy.

//May you rest in peace.//

Digital copy was provided by Netgalley for an honest review.
Loren
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The artwork in this book is beautiful and I love the tidbits about myth and the scientific look at dragons.
Munch
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was sent a arc of this book via Netgalley in exchange for a honest review.

This is a beautiful book! There are so many different types of dragons, it makes them feel like they really could be out there. I love how he included them in the real world and our history. I think the best thing about this is the illustrations, they are stunning! So much detail and you can really feel the passion that went into them. This type of book needs to be read in physical form to be truly enjoyed.

If you or any
Raymond Library
May 14, 2019 rated it liked it
A really cool field guide about a variety of dragons and where to find them. Recommended if you like the other books in the Dracopedia series.
Tintaglia
Apr 28, 2019
Meepingblog
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As soon as I saw this book, I snagged it and I don't regret it. The amount of creativity that fills each page along with the detailed illustrations went beyond my expectations. There's a section for each dragon specie and my favorite bit were the sea dragons.

Fantasy and dragon lovers should definitely pick up on this highly informative bestiary!~

Huge thank you to NetGalley for providing me with the free copy in exchange for an honest review.
Heather Wood
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book has fantastic artwork and the writing is wonderful. Each page set my imagination into overdrive and I cannot wait to pick this up in hardcover for my personal collection!
4 stars, -1 for odd ebook formatting.

I recieved an ARC in exchange for my fair and honest review. #DracopediaFieldGuide #NetGalley
Joe Walsh
Jun 06, 2019
Joseph Farand
Annarella
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a must have if you're a fantasy fan.
I loved the wonderful illustrations and the fascinating texts.
Highly recommended!
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
Cherei
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
DRACOPEDIA FIELD GUIDE is a must have book for the dragon lovers! I had no idea how many various types of dragons there were in the "imaginary world" of Dragons! The illustrations are so detailed and come to life! The descriptions of the various dragons will fulfill all imaginations! I was absolutely stunned by this fascinating book! I think I'd rather have a hard copy though.. the ebook is okay.. but, for the serious collectors.. trust me.. you'll WANT the physical book! I know I certainly do!
Althea