Start by marking “Coco” as Want to Read:
Coco

Coco

Recuérdame. A veces Miguel piensa que está maldito. Por generaciones, los Rivera han prohibido la música a causa de una terrible traición, y se han concentrado en su exitoso taller de zapatos. La abuelita de Miguel, sus papás y sus tíos quieren que se una al negocio familiar. Sin embargo, Miguel tiene un sueño secreto: anhela tocar la guitarra, como su ídolo, Ernesto de la ...more
Paperback, Primera Edición, 288 pages
Published November 2017 by Planeta

To ask other readers questions about Coco, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coco

Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
A great novelization of the movie, Coco. This book is a richly detailed retelling of the movie (though the book was out before the movie was). I absolutely loved the movie, and what I liked about this book is that it's a great story that gives readers more insights about Miguel and his family, as well as more details into the celebration of The Day of the Dead. Which I loved getting to know more about both from this book and the movie. Like the movie, this book centers on family; what it means t ...more
Storm Arashi
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Honestly, best novelization Disney/Pixar has released so far for one of their films. This one was on a more advanced level (being middle grade) and provided some extra scenes and characterization for other members of the cast that we did not get. Some scenes were altered to lengthen them and provide new gags, others were added.

Honestly it was very enjoyable to see the author take such liberties such as doing some chapters in the past showing how the family was in the past and showing how certai
Mary
Inspired by the movie Coco, López has written a heartfelt adaptation that adds much to the story's bittersweet mystery and romance. The hardback book is physically beautiful with papel picado illustrations at the beginning of each chapter and marigold and navy borders to separate the lands of the living and the dead. This can be enjoyed independently from the movie. Readers will appreciate the family tree, but don't look at the chart at the back unless you know how the book ends! A lively middle ...more
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“No amount of stuff can equal a loved one’s memory”
Mohamad Issa
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
8/10
Writing 3.5/5, Story 4.5/5
Carrie
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can't wait to see the movie. The premise is so creative, the characters are so alive, and the visual will surely be stunning- this is one title where I feel the movie will be just as good as this awesome book. The Day of the Dead is such a special and beautiful celebration of those who have lived before us, and this story does a great job of explaining it to children and adults alike.
Kokoro
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Desearía darle 5 estrellas pero no me gusto del todo.

La historia de Miguel por convertirse en músico a pesar de la oposición de su familia debido a un incidente ocurrido generaciones atrás me gustó en la película, aunado a la ambientación del día de muertos, música y ese final, fue una buena experiencia, convirtiéndose en una de las favoritas del público e incorporándose en las actividades a realizar para muchos el 1 y 2 de noviembre, o al menos en mi caso.

En parte por ello fue buscar alguna no
Jessica
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall the book was a very faithful adaptation of my favorite Pixar movie. It wasn’t quite the same without the music and beautiful animation, but I still enjoyed reading it. There were minor differences in dialogue, actions, and visual details that threw me off at times since I’ve watched the movie so much and I think that kept me from fully enjoying the book as much as I could have.

I did love the extra chapters dealing with Coco’s backstory and the deceased members of the Rivera family’s sear
Katka Olajcová
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mix-of-things
Znova som porušila svoje pravidlo o čítaní kníh v poradí, v akom som ich dostala (ale to len preto, lebo toto chcem sestre preložiť a dať jej to v máji k meninám), ale neľutujem to.
Videla som film. Prakticky som preplakala posledných 20 minút a potom som ďalších 20 minút po skončení plakala ďalej.
Táto knižka je dokonalá. Je presne ako film a ešte lepšie, pretože ukazuje aj veci, ktoré sa na filmové plátno nezmestili. Ako Coco rada tancovala, ako stretla Julia (vzťah Coco-Julio je dačo, pre čo ži
Olivia Brandi
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I adored this movie so much, I wanted more information about this world and this family. I was very pleased that we got to see more of Mama Coco’s backstory, and her relationship with her husband, Papa Julio. I also loved the little ‘in-between’ scenes; the scenes that happened in between the scenes in the movie. The only thing keeping this sweet story from 5 stars is that we never find out more about Tia Victoria. She was Mama Coco’s daughter, so I expected at least a line about how much Mama C ...more
Stephanie
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: want-to-own
I LOVE this story. I watched the movie a dozen times at least, before I heard about the book. I wanted to read the book because it has a bit of backstory of Coco's life as a young woman. The backstory was great. I think this would have been better if I had not seen the movie quite so many times. Most of it is word-for-word like the movie, and as I read I was playing the movie back in my head, complete with score. But then every time something in part of Miguel's story arc was different, with an ...more
Laurie Oetzel
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was incredible!

I was thrilled to see a Coco back story with multiple point of views! I finished this book in two nights because of how the fantasy of the story came to connect with my own life. I highly reccomend this title to anyone that likes upsetting stories. Thank you!
Holly
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I watched the movie Coco recently so when I saw that there was a book about Coco I decided to pick it up. I enjoyed the book and the movie a lot. This would be a great book to read for a bedtime story for little kids especially those who enjoyed the movie Coco. There are a few scenes in the book that weren't in the movie that added more of a back story to the story that I enjoyed.
Braulio SolHer
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: leídos-2018
Me ha encantado este libro, si bien es la película hecha un libro la edición es muy bonita, con sus páginas a color y sobre todo con escenas extras que en la película nunca vemos.
Eso ayuda a entender un poco más la manera de ser de algunos personajes, me ha entretenido y lo he disfrutado mucho... Te hace sentir lo que cada vez que veo la película siento.
Sam
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An easy read for an older demographic, but still enjoyable. It adds more to the story with Coco’s past and a few new scenes. A little put off by the present tense narration, but it was easy to overlook and I’m still glad I read it.
Sharon
Jul 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I mean granted it's not written for me but I loved the movie and wanted to check out the book. The past scenes were super interesting as I am one always greedy for context and back story but the present ones not so much. But again, well out of my age range.
Erika
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Me encanto, tiene detalles que no contiene en la película, me hizo enamorarme aun mas de los personajes. Totalmente recomendado si se quiere extender un poco mas la información de la película de Disney/Pixar
Dec 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This novelization of Pixar's Coco is meant for a middle grade reading level, so it goes a little more in depth into the backstory than the movie does, and is well worth picking up for that reason alone! (I still cried at the end.)
Elizabeth
I absolutely loved this book! It went beyond the normal realm of young adult writing depth. It had a wonderful amount of Spanish words to learn through context and presented a wonderful way to look the cultural aspect of Dia de los Muertos in Mexico. I highly recommend to anyone! :)
Leslie Pasaran
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I totally loved this, my family did too. It involves our culture and our traditions. It also explains to us what our ancestors have to go through when they pass away. I believe this a great way for children to know the beauty of life.

BTW......I have this book at home 😏
Erin Witt
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really loved seeing the movie but loved reading the boom even more. It provided more details than what the movie discussed, including some of Coco's story and what life was like growing up without her Pàpa in the picture. Definitely will read again and recommend to others who enjoyed the movie!
Nathan Poirier
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i loved how coco is able to reunite with her father and Miguel finally get his blessing from his grandma Imelda who will allow him to live his dream and play music. the cool thing is he got to see what the land of the dead was like and see all his dead ancestors.
Kaylyn Gabbert
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought the book was simply going to be a novelization of the movie, but there were chapters that expanded on Coco's side of the story. It was very well-written. I felt myself getting just as emotional reading it as I was watching the movie.
Eva
Jun 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-books
Actual rating: 3.5

On the one hand, the writing style annoyed me about ninety percent of the time. But on the other hand, the remaining ten percent was great and I looooved all the added details and the way that Héctor's character was handled made me very happy. (He's my favorite character!)
Bethany Hardy
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great!!

Loved this junior novelization of the movie. It adds depth to the movie so well (not that it’s needed), it’s the icing on the delicious, delicious cake!
Jael
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful novelization, with parts that were not included in the movie, so you get even more glimpses into Coco and the family's life and backstory. Just as tear-jerking as the movie 😍
Heather Tang
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5*. The movie and the book are both brilliant!
Jazmin Ventura
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yes, it’s mainly a book for children and doesn’t have the best writing style.
Yes, I loved it quite a lot (just like the movie).
#ProudMexican
Janelle
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-sci-fi
This was a lovely story of the strength of family. I enjoyed getting an enlarged understanding of Dia de los Muertes from Mexico.
Karla Winick-Ford
This would be good for an older child as a bedtime story collection
It is huge
Illustrations are poor
There are 33 chapters

Just didn't like it.
Would'nt recommend
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Combine books 2 16 Mar 02, 2018 11:09AM
  • Driven by Emotions (Disney/Pixar Inside Out)
  • Elizabeti's Doll
  • Belle's Discovery (Disney Princess Beginnings, #2)
  • Jim Henson's Labyrinth: Coronation #1