Start by marking “Every Colour of You” as Want to Read:
Every Colour of You

Every Colour of You

Living back at home and spending most of her time behind a checkout till, it's fair to say things aren't going quite as Zoe had planned. But she's determined to live every day to the full, and she's spreading her mission of happiness, one inspirational quote at a time.

Since his dad died, Tristan has been struggling with a sadness that threatens to overtake ever
Published November 15th 2018 by Sphere

To ask other readers questions about Every Colour of You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Every Colour of You

Start your review of Every Colour of You
Kayleigh Kehoe ♡
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
wordpresstumblrinstagramtwitter
_____________________________

I'm not crying, you're crying.

Tristan is finally checked out of the mental institute, where he meets Zoe, who's visiting her gran. Tristan isn't necessarily over his depression, but he knows all the right things to do and say to make him appear 'normal', whereas Zoe revels in her weirdness and thinks normal is overrated. When they end up working at the same supermarket together, on the same till, Zoe is determined to befriend Tristan who is clearly struggling and needs somebody like her. This book is about
I'm
Adele Shea
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm finding it hard to put into words how I feel about this book. It's messed with every emotion in my body.
Every Colour Of You, is told in the points of view of Zoe and Tristan. Tristan is finally released from hospital after getting sectioned. He hates life and really feels like he has nothing to live for. That is until he meets Zoe who loves life and wants to enjoy every minute.
This book really highlights the different aspects of depression and loss, and how it affects people diff
Aoife
When Tristan meets Zoe, she becomes a splash of colour in a world that’s become very dark. Tristan is suffering from crippling depression following the death of his father but Zoe is determined to make him her friend and help him back onto a path with a hopeful future.

This is a charming book with characters that definitely spill off the page and into your heart. First off I’d like to write about the great representation in this book, not only for mental illness but MI in men as well as women, a
Agi
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018, 2018-releases

Zoe and Tristan meet at the hospital and they paths start to cross in the most unbelievable ways. Tristan is suffering from depression and his world is this of a very dark colour, and meeting Zoe brings rainbow colours into his life. Zoe is also determined to help him raise again after the sudden death of his father - but the more she tries the more reluctance she meets. Also, her own world starts to crumble around her - are they both going to find what they're looking for?
Josefine May
Jun 17, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, e-book
1,5 *

I've had my eyes on this book ever since Amelia revealed the cover on her YouTube-channel. Now I've read it, and I'm sorry to say that this just wasn't very good...

I really didn't like the writing style. I didn't like how the reader was addressed and how they spoke directly to you as a reader. It didn't fit in with the story and ruined the flow of it all. I jumped in time so often and when it was done it was really confusing. We were just told that that time passed,
Kelly Lacey
Nov 23, 2018 rated it liked it
What is it about?

In a nutshell, the book is about two troubled souls. One consumed with grief and deep dark depression. The other a colourful soul who sees the good in the everyday little things with a positive upbeat attitude.

What happens when their worlds collide is the journey you go on as the reader.

The Cover

The colour is beautiful and it is very relevant to the book, which I love. Also if you have the hardback version you will be in for a heartwarming su
Fabulous Book Fiend
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I did not expect this book to make me cry so much, but it was just so beautiful, how could it not? I started reading this book and initially it seemed like just another contemporary romance between two complicated young people. These characters both had complications in their life, things they weren't telling each other, things they weren't telling me the reader, things they weren't telling themselves but when you start to peel back the layers, it was oh so heartbreaking inside.

Zoe is a great c
Sandra
Jul 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: amazon-vine
Zubs Malik
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am not crying – You are. Or you will be. When you reach, you know, THAT chapter.
What a beautiful, beautiful book. One that played havoc with my emotions and totally broke my heart at the end. I fee like I am saying to much. That I am veering off into spoiler territory, but the truth is I can’t say MUCH without giving too much away.
What I will say though is this. Amelia’s debut ECOY, speaks so honestly about issues which are often considered taboo, especially by younger audiences.
Withou
Karen Barber
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
When we first meet Tristan and Zoe they’re in hospital. Tristan is about to be discharged after treatment for depression while Zoe is visiting her gran. One is dull and grey; the other is vibrant and bursting with life. For reasons neither can explain they talk and their curiosity about each other is piqued.
In a series of rather incredible events, the pair end up working together and an unlikely friendship is developed.
Over the course of the book, the main focus is the developing rom
Em Robinson
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This made me cry on not one but two buses. I loved Tristan and Zoe. I feel like I know them and have been on a journey with them. I want to give them both a hug. This book explores mental health in a very raw and relatable (to me) way. The characters aren't perfect, they struggle and mess up and don't know what to do all the time. I was so sad to finish this book, I didn't want it to be over but I also had to keep reading to find out what was going to happen. A strong debut novel, I can't wait t ...more
Charlotte Lupin
probably 3.5
it’s not too special, but i cares for the characters and it made me emotional in parts
it also could have easily been triggering for me

trigger warnings for this book
(but i recommend doing further research on this)
(attempted) suicide, suicidal thoughts, depression, grief, heart disease/ condition
cenbookfairy_Tylwyth Teg y Llyfr.
An emotionally charged read. It is centred around Tristan and Zoe. How Zoe is trying to support Tristan yet, unfortunately, her own life is slowly disintegrating. A book where a box of tissues will be needed close at hand.
Thanks to NetGalley and Little Brown Group Uk for giving me the opportunity to read Every Colour of You.
elle
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful

A beautiful story, with a well thought out storyline. Left me in tears, full of surprises and a whole lot of colour
Susan Angela Wallace
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Every colour of you by Amelia Mandeville.
Two people meet Zoe and Tristan. Zoe is full of life and Tristan life is falling apart. As Zoe tries to pull Tristan back to life she finds out that she can't and her life is beginning to fall apart too. This was a very emotional read. Sad in places too. I liked zoe character. 4*.
Katie Pearce
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
from me enjoyed the story liked the characters I had mixed feelings about the ending felt there was a little something missing but all in all a good debut novel xx
Alice
Mar 10, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
NOT FAIR.

When you get to the end, you'll understand. I enjoyed 80% of the book, it was the last 20 tanking the rating.
Judith
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From the first few pages I was hooked, and knew I was going to love this book. Amelia Mandeville effortlessly draws the reader into the lives of her characters, Zoe and Tree, and lets their voices carry you along on their journey. Before long, I had questions, and theories, and just kept turning the pages because I simply had to know how the story ended. Then, about a hundred pages from the end, I didn't want to continue because I didn't want it to end, didn't want to say goodbye. And that, for ...more
Karen Whittard
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Grab the tissues. This one is an emotional read. With characters that you care for and want to reach through the pages of the book to give them a great big cuddle. A fabulous storyline, with real life hitting issues, tackled beautifully and a storyline with an emotional hold that with have you in its grip from the very beginning.
Lainy
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Time taken to read - when I could over 3 days (work)

Pages - 400

Publisher - Sphere

Source - Review Copy

Blurb from Goodreads

Since his dad died, Tristan has been struggling with a sadne
Mollie Bruce
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“It’s like flowers. We always pick the nicest flower, even though we know that once it’s picked it’ll eventually die. I think the earth has its pick too. It chooses the prettiest flowers.”

~A story that truly broke me but managed to piece me together at the same time.

I went into this story quite blindly and I am so thankful that I did this. I began this book really wanting to like it and usually when I do that it can go one of two ways; I either really do like the book, or
WOW. I had no idea what I was getting into. First suggestion: don't read the last quarter of this book in public. Huge thanks to Netgalley and Sphere for a free copy of this to review.

See the full review & more here!

Recommended:YEEEESSSSS
For those who know, love, or are someone who has dealt with grief, love, depression, identity, mental illness, passion, general happiness... basically that
Sasha
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
-Featuring friendship, love and tears

Amelia Mandeville's debut has broken my heart and put it back together again. I absolutely adored this heart wrenching, beautifully tragic novel that tells the story of two unlikely friends and the impact they have on each other's lives.
Meet Tristan and Zoe. He's just out of the psych ward at the hospital and is suffering from depression after the death of his father. She's lively, colourful and determined to make the most of life. When she meets
J.B (Debbie)
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The book opens with Tristian about to be discharged from a mental health ward where he's been sectioned for 6 months. His crippling depression after the death of his father consumes his entire life. He's not really well enough to leave the ward but staff don't realise that. At the hospital he meets Zoe for the first time and the pair later discover they will be working together. Zoe, unbeknownst to Tristian has her own problems. Her own secrets. But outwardly Zoe is this zany character with a t ...more
Amelia
Mar 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Every colour of you is the debut novel by YouTuber Amelia Mandeville.
I’m usually the one to shy away from YouTuber books as they tend to be rushed, written poorly and generally disappointing. However, I put these opinions aside to take a chance on Amelia as from watching her videos, she seems very passionate and excited about receiving a genuine book deal- not just because she is a YouTuber.
Amelia definitely has a talent for story-telling which is clearly demonstrated throughout the book. The
Ruby
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Grab your tissues, this is one heck of an emotional rollercoaster! What a book!

The plot follows Zoe and Tristan, who meet early in the story. Both having their own issues, the book is a story of falling apart and picking up the pieces. I loved it. Zoe is determined to help Tristan and put him back together again. However, the harder she tries and the more she does in order to help save Tristan, the more Zoe realises she is struggling herself and her world is crumbling around her.

The
Rachel
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In all honesty, I wasn’t sure what to expect from this book - it does feel like a lot of YouTubers are ‘writing books’ at the moment, however Amelia has always talked about her passion for writing. This is NOT another of those standardised YouTuber books. Yes, there were some parts to the characters that definitely stemmed from Amelia’s own experiences but I never once felt like the character was her; this reads like a truly beautiful piece of fiction and I cannot wait to read more of her work! ...more
SiredHybridxx
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I flew through this book so damn fast. Firstly, I'd like to thank Francesca Banks for sending me a copy of this book for an honest review, I really appreciate it and was glad to have gotten a book that I wouldn't have otherwise known to pick up. It was a book that I didn't know I needed.

As someone who fully understands Tristan, I just hadn't read a book like this yet. To be completely honest I steer away from books that really delve into harsh topics, for me personally, I tend to read to forget
Laura.A
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"We had a story - short, but not a simple one. I wouldn't be able to stay here and explain it all to you. If you really want to know, you'll have to take time out of your day. You'll have to read it."

When you first read this at the beginning of the book you don't think much about it except that you want to read the book. you start reading, but this text stays with you. Eventually when you're in a certain part of the book you realise what it might mean, but you're wrong. And then when you fi
Sherry
***Thank you to NetGalley, Sphere and Amelia Mandeville. I voluntarily read and reviewed this book. All opinions are my own.***

Every Colour of You, by Amelia Mandeville, is a story of 2 people who are polar opposites. Tristan is depressed and struggling with dark thoughts while Zoe is a veritable rainbow, radiating positivity. She makes it h
« previous 1 3 4 next »