Start by marking “Lightning in a Bottle” as Want to Read:
Lightning in a Bottle

Lightning in a Bottle

After suffering through a humiliating divorce in New York, Bo McKenzie is out of luck, money, and patience. Arriving in Silverton, Texas, she’s bet her last dime on the launch of her craft brewery to get her life back on track. Despite her vow to stay focused solely on the beer business, one man manages to capture her heart. Can she trust him?

Drew Garwood’s one true love
Published February 4th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Lightning in a Bottle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lightning in a Bottle

Start your review of Lightning in a Bottle
Coco.V
Jun 19, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (6/19/2020)! 🎁
Daphne Moore
Aug 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An unusual heroine, in appearance and upbringing, comes to a Texas and meets a country lawyer. Sparks fly!
Enjoyed the independence and persistence of the characters; the romance moved at a good pace. The obstacle to the romance is well laid out, but the hero's dithering about the issue got a little tedious, even if it was understandable. Great detail on the setting and a slam bang ending!
Recommend.
Grace Augustine
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
By far, Ms. Ardito's best book, second only to Chasing Adonis. These characters make you want to be part of the brewery experience, and the feel of being in Texas is as real as breathing. This book has a little bit of everything...romance, mystery, suspense, characters you love and those you love to hate. I highly recommend this book.
Ms. Cat's World
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bo:  A strong alpha mentality versus internal conflict due to an attraction that she thinks she should not have. Why? After being ran through a muddy divorce from an embezzling, cheating husband her walls come right up, encasing her while she drowns in work in the hopes she can move on. Trying to make a name for herself, to show others (mainly her dad, the founder of a mega-scotch corporation) she can make it on her own.

Sound familiar? Well, it did to me! I have done this too, and am still doin
Sassy Beta Reading & Review
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 stars

Blame it on Texas: Lightning in a Bottle is a fantastic read that I really enjoyed!

Bo is a take no prisoners, tomboyish, workaholic with a splash of sass and hidden bit of vulnerability. Thanks to her con artist ex-husband, Bo finds herself now living in Texas after having the lights fantastic of New York. Bo works night and day to make her new venture of crafting Empire Beer a reality, but the road to success is never easy. She doesn't want to depend on anyone and she especially does
M Hurford
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delicious and Engaging!
Lightning in a Bottle by author Gina Ardito is a modern day romance that takes place in the small canyon town of Clearweed, TX. It’s there where former New Yorker Bo McKenzie arrives to set up her independent brewery, Empire Breweries. All her money is in this operation after having reimbursed all the victims from her ex husband criminal activity back in NYC even though it was shown she had no part in it. So, she is broke, down on men, guarded, and determined to be succes
MIPat
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bo is starting over in Texas after public humiliation by her cheating ex. Men are not high on her list so her attraction to Drew, her Texas attorney is beyond inconvenient. She is a master Brewer starting a craft brewery and she just doesn't want the distraction. Then there are her overprotective father, four meddling older brothers, honorary aunt and uncle along with her assistant. The interactions Bo has with her family are priceless.

Drew is totally blown out of the water by Bo. She shakes up
Marie Bourgery
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bo McKenzie was hurt by her cheating embezzling ex-husband, so she has trouble trusting men. It doesn’t matter that she is attracted to her new lawyer Drew Garwood upon meeting him. Bo has to be tough working in a man’s world as brew master and now owning her own brewery. Drew has bailed out his malicious brother Wade too many times for his crimes over guilt that caused him to lose his football career. Wade goes way too far trying to ruin Bo’s brewery because it was on his ancestor’s land that h ...more
Debra Richardson
An Amazing Read! It is a well written, action packed, suspense-filled, witty, funny, and captivating fast pace read. The plot is well developed, fresh, and flows smoothly. The twists and turns, ups and downs, along with unexpected circumstances make for one incredible experience. Interesting characters you will love (Drew – easy going and calm; Bo – feisty and strong); the Chemistry between them is intense. This is an on the edge of your seat read from beginning to end, so hold on to your seats ...more
Sheila
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bo heads back home to Texas after suffering a bad situation in New York and she decides to open her own brewery. She comes from a all male household so she is independent and used to taking care of things herself. Drew is a local attorney who has his eye on Bo and tries to keep his brother out of trouble. They both have a instant attraction for each other but can they find a compromise so they can move forward. Loved this story and both Bo and Drew.

I received a free copy of this book via Bookspr
Jeanne Richardson
This is the 3rd book I've read written Gina Ardito; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I will definitely be reading more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

KL Cassanello
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All the characters in the book are very likeable and real, except for Drew's brother Wade. For someone who'd sworn off men, Bo fell into it with Drew pretty quick. He was never concerned with what she isn't, only with what she is, and her past doesn't matter to him. I was heartbroken when she broke up with him. There was a wonderful happy ending, though. (I love Bo's obsession with Drew's underwear!)

Lisa H
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bo McKenzie is the owner of Empire Brewery. She’s just relocated to Texas from New York and she gonna open her craft beer brewery.

Drew Garwood is the local police in town, he’s impressed with Bo, but being a good ole boy, puts his foot in his mouth.

Witty and fun, with a strong heroine, physically and metaphorically.

Tanya
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
after an awful divorce she has left so she can work on getting her beer out there but she is not looking for anything. He is trying to keep his brother on the right side of the law. He sees her and the sparks fly. Will it to further? Will her beer be a success? See how this will end

Vinessa
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More than beer brewing in Texas
Bo settled in betting on success
Drew knee getting involved my bite him like a snake but she was worth it.
All the walls she built that he knocked down were in jeopardy of reappearing if he could not convince her to fight for her business and for them

Barbara
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
A very good story there is suspense, drama, danger, arson, a man that tries to take what he figures is his, and romance. This is lawyer Drew Garwood and craft brewery owner Bo McKenzie's story. A story that has a well written storyline and flows smoothly from page to page. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Joann Herley
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Blame it on Texas: Lightning in a Bottle is a fast-paced suspenseful read. A nasty New York divorce leads Bo to Texas to start over with her own brewing company. She is a workaholic, sassy, feisty, and attracted to Drew. He is immediately attracted to Bo. The story is well written and pulls you in right from the start.
Theresa Scarangella
May 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
After a terrible divorce from a cheating, stealing ex, Bo leaves NY to start her business in a small town in Texas. Meets the awesome lawyer Drew, but not looking for anyone, surprise, she is drawn to him.

I loved the small town and friendly people. You fall in love with all the characters. A great story, I can't wait to read more.
Melissa
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: booksprout
A strong female lead who hasn't had it easy and that's trying to prove her worth and the good ole boy who easily puts his foot in his mouth even if he's attracted to her.

Geraldine Streit
I quiet like it. The storyline is good and the characters are interesting and not that commun. It give the feeling you can have anything with hard work.

Mary E
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good story

I enjoyed this book it was well written.and.Interesting with likable characters who were working through some difficult pasts. Together they supported each other's growth.
Kimberly
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book is a good small town western romance read. The story has a good story line. The characters are good, and they have good chemistry. The story is an enjoyable read.

betty diane turner
Good light reading.
Rebecca
3 star

Enjoyable. Strong female MC who does not meet gender expectations. Some misunderstandings and baggage. Decent distraction. . . . .
Margaret
Aug 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
this was a lot of fun to read. second chances, some intrigue, good guys and bad guys, sexy bits, and a couple of strong-willed people
piet
Jun 26, 2020
Mary Rautmann
Jun 21, 2020

• The Empty Nesters
  • Making Her His (A Singular Obsession, #1)
  • Looking for Trouble (Nashville U Book 1)
  • The Rancher's Baby Bargain
  • A Navy Homecoming (Changing Tides, #3.5)
  • Fine Line (Crossing Lines, #1)
  • Duke of Havoc (Dukes of Destiny #1)
  • One Night in Portland (City Nights Series, #37)
  • Finn-agled: A Finn's Finds Mystery
  • The Cowboy’s Contract Marriage (Grant Brothers #2)
  • The Road Leads Back (Stonehill #1)
  • Opalla
  • Montana Promises (The Wildes of Birch Bay, #5)
  • Breathless With Her (Less Than, #1)
  • Rockstar Baby (Crescent Cove, #6)
  • Montana Baby (Calhouns of Montana, #1)
  • Love Letters & Home (Whispers in Wyoming, #1)
  • More Than Sexy (Sexy #1)
Gina Ardito is the award-winning author of more than twenty romances in contemporary, historical, and paranormal sub-genres. In 2012, she launched her freelance editing business, Excellence in Editing, and now has a stable of award-winning clients, as well.

She’s hosted workshops around the world for writing conferences, author organization chapter meetings, and library events. To her everlasting