Start by marking “Whisper (Pete Zende #1)” as Want to Read:
Whisper (Pete Zende #1)

Whisper

(Pete Zendel #1)

Gripping. Award-winning. Inspirational. Unputdownable. Five Stars. - Readers' Favorite.

What if your only brother turned into your worst enemy?

Their parents trained them.

Now he wants her dead.

Putting their parents' legacy, and the world in danger.

2018 First Place Winner, CWRC Readers' Choice Literary Lighthouse Awards. Grab your copy now.

It wa

Published March 3rd 2018 by Life Fountain Books

To ask other readers questions about Whisper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whisper

Start your review of Whisper (Pete Zende #1)
Julia
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Whisper by Joy Ohagwu is a Christian romantic suspense. It is the prequel to the New Rulebook series.
As I have read the New Rulebook series, I had an inkling as to what was coming but this did not spoil my enjoyment. Far from it, I actually found my suspense heightened as I waited for an event to happen!
Every chapter begins with scripture, reinforcing the idea that life is "better doing it with Jesus."
The novel shows how God speaks through dreams. Nothing comes as a surprise to Him. Everything h
Sally
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you enjoy clean Christian suspense then this book is for you!

Whisper is the full-length prequel to The New Rulebook series and tells about Pete Zendel's beginnings. I have been waiting for this story to find out who Pete was and why he was the way he was. Whisper is full of suspense, shoot-outs, a fire, a car crash. The action will keep you turning the pages, and the clear road to salvation will touch your heart. Joy draws you into the characters and the story. God's love, forgiveness, and gr
Anne Rightler
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Whisper is a full-length prequel to the Pete Zendel Christian Romantic Suspense series by Joy Ohagwu. It is a book you might need to fasten your seatbelt for as the breakneck action begins in the first chapter with an intentional fire and murderous car crash and does not quit until the final chapters with a kidnapping and an explosion. Tucked in between are a myriad of other edge-of-the-seat, breath-holding scenes, and to soften the tone and stir the heartstrings, some sweet romances. Woven thro ...more
Cathy
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book from the author. I had the opportunity to review or not.

Joy Ohagwu writes Christian books, which might put some people off. However, her stories are fast paced, interesting and satisfying. Her characters and scenes are well developed and draw you in. This book is the prequel to her New Rulebook series and sets the stage for fascinating, mysterious and well worth reading Pete Zendel suspense series.

Her books are well worth reading. Grab a cupa, relax and enjoy
Debbie
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing story you won’t be able to stop reading. The characters in this book are all very special people. The author will have you on the edge of your seat waiting to see what happens next in this book. You will feel God working throughout this whole book. I had the honor to review this book for the author for a honest review. I would give this book a higher rating than a five star review if I could.
Victoria
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I long anticipated this spin off of Red: The New Rulebook and Pete Zendel, the villain you loved to hate who, in a move I never saw coming, became a changed humble hero of sorts from the transforming power of Jesus Christ. I have loved every minute of these branched off stories that touched my heart and I share them with my mother, who loves them also. If your looking for actuon, suspense and intrigue with a splash of wholesome romance, look no further. I highly recommend this series.
Shirley Turner
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I want more

I got my book yesterday after buying it. I absolutely loved it and really wondered if I would. I somehow had the impression it had several plots and subplots but i had no trouble reading it. Startted as soon as it loaded and finished it this morning. Cannot wait for the next one. Shirley A. tTurner.
Alma Cooper
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An anointed book

After already reading the New rule book series, I thoroughly enjoyed Whisper. With suspense and tears at times, I did not want it to end. Looking forward to the next book in the series. I have recommended it to my children. God bless and continue to anoint Joy as she continues to write for your glory.
Carol Brandon
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked this even better than the New Rulebook series, which this ties into. You can read either series first. I enjoyed the tie in with how Christianity fits into real life – how we need to go to God and trust Him even when we don’t understand what’s going on. The question is raised of whether you can walk away from your faith and come back later - the author believes one can. I really liked this quote: “This is a storm of life. And no storm comes without a mission. But prayer turns those waves ...more
Carol Brandon
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kara R.  Hunt
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Joy Ohagwu is a “new to me author”. Until recently I have not had the privilege of reading any of her books. And that is a shame because I had no idea what I was missing out on.

What I loved most about two of her books, Whisper and Hunter, is that on almost every page, Christianity is boldly present. Not just a mention of Christ here, a Scripture dropped there, or a few words of a prayer sprinkled throughout. No. They are present and organically relevant to the main characters and the storyline.
ML Couch
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
Christian Mystery

I enjoy Christian fiction and this was my first read from this author. Very jumpy at first. Did eventually settle into an interesting read, but nothing was ever explained. Maybe because it is a prequel? I’m not a big fan of prequels anyway. Normally they are written after the fact and I’ve already read the book. Not the case with this one, but not sure I’ll progress with this series.
Randy Tramp
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The beginning felt like being shot out of a dozen cannons. Wow! It started with a bang and ended the same.

Violet Zendel had reason to hate her twin brother. Can she forgive him in time?

I love this story. Intense Plot. Memorable characters. Action-packed scenes.

I'm hooked on this series and look forward to the next book. I love how the Bible is interwoven within the story. The Word of God encouraged me.
Ginny Cotter
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Poor editing

If this book was translated from another language, it was poorly done. I am 64 years old, no one speaks with such poor grammar. The improper editing is not overly bad but just nagging enough to make the book clunky. The storyline could have improved with a clearer mesh of story lines sooner. Not enough revealed in the first book along with editing issues to commit to reading nine more books. Storyline not convincing either.
SJ Garrison
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW! I really enjoyed seeing the new rulebook beginnings and the struggles thru Violet's perspective. And seeing how Mike had met and fell in love with Violet. It was another edge of your seat kind of book. I recommend Whisper to anyone that has read The new rulebook series, but it can still be read if you haven't. All you need is to love to read clean thrillers.
Jill
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I've read by Joy Ohagwu, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. A wonderful Christian suspense novel, Whisper was an intense and entertaining read. I especially liked the strong element of faith that the characters portrayed. I look forward to reading more books by Ms. Ohagwu.

I received a free advanced reader copy and voluntarily chose to review.
Kathy Locke
Jun 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Lots of mystery

The plot kept me going. I wanted resolution to the mystery and loved the mysteries. There were often times leaps to jump and some disconnect to understand why the characters did what they did. This left me with questions about their actions. I think I needed more of a build up with some of the details that seemed lost.
Margaret Fraleigh
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: joy-ohagwu
This is the first book in this series. And it was so good. Can't wait to read The Secret Heritage that will release later this year.

This had great characters and great story.

Thank you Joy......
Charlene Thomas
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this book free to review. I enjoyed reading this book like all the others in the previous series. It is a spinoff of the New Rulebook series but told in the eyes of Violet,Pete Zendel's sister. I could hardly put it down and I enjoy reading great faith compelled mystery books
Linda Rainey
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Battle Against Good anud Evil

Joy Ohagwu has done it again with prequel to the Pete Zendel Christian romantic suspense series,as a spinoff from the New Rulebook series.
We see God's love and mercy throughout the book.
I shed many tears reading this book as we see the battle against good and evil.
The characters were well crafted along with the storyline.
I recommend this book for those that enjoy Christian romantic with a strong inspirational message.
Lisa
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you like romantic suspense, Whisper is the book for you. Joy Ohagwu starts her story with vivid action and doesn’t let up until the end. There is an HEA. There is one loose end to lead into the next book, but all of the main things are completed.
Cathleen
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Whisper" a well written romantic suspense thriller that keeps you interested to the very end. The characters are interesting and well developed. The storyline is well thought out and the mixed character POV's well laid out.

I look forward to reading more of this author's work.
Linda Lee
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful, clean suspense mystery with a cliff hanger! Joy Ohagwu captures the reader's interest from the start and tells her story from a believer's perspective and non-believer's life. I enjoyed the faith messages as well as the mystery and can't wait to read the next book in this series!
Donna Bagby
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, joy-ohagwu
Good vs. Evil ?

Great story! It filled in other information and details about the main character of The New Rulebook. It also intertwined three characters in an battle of "good vs. evil" all the while showing God's love and redemption.
Linda Talbert
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
People needing people

It's hard to read a book that changes from one scene with characters to another scene with other people. I realized that they were tied together and I enjoyed the scriptures through the book.
Virginia L
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A tragedy

This is a story with such depth and intensity that draws the reader in as two siblings become enemies. There's drama, mystery and danger as a plot of destruction is being planed. This is a series so one story concludes but others leave you hanging.
Sandy Lupica
Feb 02, 2020 rated it liked it
So many questions???
What was the point of the Miranda story?
What was the point of the Violet/Tim experience in Mexico?
Who did Violet give the journal to?
What’s the poem got to do with anything?

So many questions...plot was disconnected and confusing...I’ll skip any upcoming books🤷‍♀️
Jackie
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding as usual. With just the right amount of suspense and romance, it’s a story not to be missed by anyone once it’s released. Received a free copy and reviewed because it’s awesome.
S.campbell8655yahoo.com
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story of course ! Can't wait to read Hunter and the whole series !!😁
Lovell Grant
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Whisper is the prequel to The New Rulebook Series by Joy Ohagwu. I enjoyed reading Whisper just as much as I enjoyed the series. Full of inspiration and likeable characters

• Legacy Reclaimed (The Legacy #3)
  • Convenient Lies (Hidden Truth #1)
  • Beauty in Flight (Beauty in Flight #1)
  • Frozen Footprints
  • Twisted Lies (Hidden Truth Book 2)
  • Dark Water (Lantern Beach Blackout #1)
  • Safe Harbor (Lantern Beach Blackout #2)
  • Unintended Target (Unintended #1)
  • Beauty in Battle (Beauty in Flight #3)
  • Married to an Alaskan Man (An Alaska Romance Series, #1)
  • Rains of Remorse (Lantern Beach Romantic Suspense #5)
  • Legacy Redeemed (The Legacy #4)
  • Beauty in Hiding (Beauty in Flight #2)
  • Romancing Redemption (Redemption #1)
  • The Sleigh on Seventeenth Street (Three Rivers Ranch Romance, #14)
  • Innocent Lies (Hidden Truths #4)
  • Death is in the Details (Paynes Creek #1)
  • Generous Lies (Hidden Truths #3)
ABOUT BESTSELLING AUTHOR JOY OHAGWU:

Who doesn't like to curl up with a good book? I certainly have, for as long as I could remember. Next to books, I loved movies just as much, especially if it had action and suspense. No surprise then that I'm now writing romantic suspense, and inspirational stories! I'm grateful to the Lord Jesus for His undeserved mercy and grace. I earned a Masters' Degree in

Pete Zendel (3 books)
  • The Secret Heritage (Pete Zende #2)
  • Hunter (Pete Zende #3)