Start by marking “Truth We Bare (Pieces of Me, #2)” as Want to Read:
Truth We Bare (Pieces of Me, #2)

Truth We Bare

(Pieces of Me #2)

From an Amazon bestselling author comes the story of a Marine-turned-bodyguard and the sex, lies, and betrayal that surround him...

How far would you go to ensure your secrets remain buried?

When James Blakely agreed to work as Jezebel Tate's bodyguard, he offered everything he had to keep her safe, but he hadn't expected her to claim his heart. A year later, James's hidden
Published May 1st 2018 by Rose Books

To ask other readers questions about Truth We Bare, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Truth We Bare

Samantha
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was happily surprised that this book was in James’s POV. The story gave way more insight into James passed. We also got to see James’s feelings for Jezebel as well as his guilt for what happened in Lies We Keep. I really enjoyed this book!
Jennifer Pierson
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm newer to the world of Danielle Rose, as the Pieces of Me Duet was my first party of hers I attended, and I must say what a party it was! We met James Blakely in Lies We Keep, as he became Jezebel's bodyguard, & more, but he was a tortured soul. Now, in Truth We Bare, the super talented Danielle Rose tells us his story, and while it could be read as a stand alone, I really don't recommend it. However, with that being said, I do so LOVE LOVE LOVE how she did write this duet, because not al ...more
Denise Van plew
This is the first time in reading this author with this one being the second in the series. It said could be read as a standalone but I do believe I would of enjoyed this one more if I had read the one proceeding this one. At times when I was reading about James and Jezebel little pieces seemed to be vague or you should know type thing with it probably being so if I had the first one. The characters are different with you getting caught up in their story though. James has a past that interested ...more
Denise Sherman
The Truth We Bare is book 2 in The Pieces of Me series. It picks up 12 months later.. Mr. James Blakely is Jezebel Tate's bodyguard.. hired to protect her from the stalker that was after her.
Little did he know that the past of his childhood would haunt him years later... James must confront his past in order to live in the present days.. before it claims him forever.
I found this book to be exciting.. loved every page... The romance between James and Jezebel is beautiful beyond all means.. full o
Jessica Rachow
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*I received a copy of Truth We Bare in exchange for an honest review*

I expected nothing less, but Danielle Rose has done it again. I love that this story is told from James' point of view. There is so much more insight into some of the questions that were left over from Lies We Keep. I love the suspense of the mystery of James and his back story that inter-mingles with the steamy, swoon worthy story between James and Jezabel. This is a fantastic novel, and I couldn't be happier with my reading e
Karlee
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Now that Jezebel is recovering from her ordeal, James' past is coming back to haunt them both. Only problem is, Jezebel doesn't know everything about James' past. Now that Abi is hell bent on marrying James, someone she was supposed to marry when they were kids. You really see the struggles that both Jezebel and James have to go through to keep their relationship working. But will it be too late when Abi makes her appearance in person?
United Indie Book Blog
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Truth We Bare is book 2 in the Pieces of Me series, it can be read as a stand alone but you get to know more about James and Jezebel in book 1. In this novel we get James’ story. The transitions from now and then are smooth. We get pieces of his past as we piece together what happened and why. The chemistry between Jezebel and James is as hot as ever and the suspense is there. I enjoyed every page.

Review by Raychel
Laurie Murray
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In this book James’ past is revealed and we learn what it was like for him growing up in Living Light. We also learn what happened to his family and others in the community. He is trying to overcome his dark past when someone from that past shows up and threatens to take away the happiness he has found with Jezebel.
Debbie Clark
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jezabel and James story continue from James point of view. Very well written with James past coming back to haunt him. Chapters of flashbacks intertwined with the current day tells the story of James. Very well written. Wonderful characters. Heartbreaking moments. Loved Truth We Bear.
Pat
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
From the very first page I found this book to be a very enjoyable read with the good storyline and the interesting characters that kept me turning each page until the very end!
Yvonne
May 01, 2018
Bridget Shaw
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was just as impressed with this book as I was the first. The story of James and Jezebel continues, except this book is more about his life and what happened to him and his parents when he was little. But little does he know what dangers are still out there from his past that are still watching him and waiting for the right moment to appear to him. He has a lot of demons to deal with and with Jezebel by his side he can face anything.
Sian
rated it did not like it
Feb 14, 2019
Emily Hean
May 02, 2018
Sue
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even though this is marketed as a stand alone, it is a Duet and I think you would benefit from having book 1 first. That said, it was amazing! Suspenseful, exciting, and steamy. A great read.
Danielle Rose
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Danielle
Sep 25, 2018
Chelsea
May 03, 2018
Michele
Truth We Bear was the second in the Pieces of Me series. I really enjoyed both books but may have liked this one a little bit better than the first. It was always evident that James Blakely had been through some difficult times. In this book, we find out exactly what he lived through as a child. The fact that he hides it from Jezebel almost destroys their relationship.

Let me say that I really appreciated that in this duet we are able to get a POV from Jezebel in the first book, Lies We Keep and
Amber
Nancy Jones
Mar 28, 2019
Cindy
Apr 01, 2019
Dubbed a "triple threat" by readers, Danielle Rose dabbles in many genres, including romance, fantasy, and suspense. The USA Today bestselling author holds a Master of Fine Arts in creative writing from the University of Southern Maine.

For more information about Danielle Rose, visit her website: www.droseauthor.com.

Pieces of Me (3 books)
  • Lies We Keep (Pieces of Me, #1)
  • Pieces of Me: The Complete Series