Start by marking “Shades of Wicked (Night Rebel, #1)” as Want to Read:
Shades of Wicked (Night Rebel, #1)

Shades of Wicked

(Night Rebel #1)

In this thrilling new Night Rebel series set in New York Times bestselling author Jeaniene Frost’s Night Huntress world, sexy and ruthless vampire Ian finally meets his match!

The Rule Breaker

Master vampire Ian is unrepentant, shameless…and every shade of wicked. He’s made one too many enemies in his two centuries of existence, including Dagon, a demon who now lays claim to
Mass Market Paperback, 370 pages
Published October 30th 2018 by Avon

Start your review of Shades of Wicked (Night Rebel, #1)
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
May do a review later when I'm not rocking a killer headache.
*****************************************************************

OMG Ian!!!!!!!

It's Mother Fuckin' Ian!!!!!!

I have been waiting so long for my bad boy Ian to get his books and I can't fuckin' wait to get my hands on this book!!!! It's gonna be so good!

Totally Fangirling!

MischaS_
Did it ever happen to you that you feared a book would go wrong in one way, but it went wrong in a completely different one?

I adore Ian; I always did, he was my favourite character. Thought that the way he was treated by his friends was uncalled for. Come on, they only had to ask, and he stood by them. But no, they stilled douted him.

“Did you think (view spoiler) would change who I am? Nothing will...

Ha! I feel that this is a bit of a dig at
Sophia Triad
Ian and Veritas

“Ian,” I said as I straightened. “Say good-bye. We’re leaving.”
He laughed outright. “I don’t think so. You might be lovely, but two’s lonely, while a dozen is a party.”

AND

Ian offered me his arm, which I took after a brief arch of my brow. “Careful, someone might mistake you for a gentleman.”
He flashed a grin at me. “Anyone who’d make such a mistake deserves what they get.”

AND

“Why do you care who or what I have sex with? You’re not tempting enough for it to ever be you, so how is
Kat Valentine
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I wish I could give this book more then 5stars!!! It was fabulous and so worth waiting for. Ian is without a doubt one of my very favorite rogues of all time!!! He inspires lust in not just women but man as well,hell I think he could bring the dead back to life!! He is one of the most sexiest and truly one of the most arrogant vamps of all times and he is what I think a true vampire should be,he lives life to the fullest enjoying everything and everyone he comes across,but I always knew their ...more
Nenia ⚡ Aspiring Evil Overlord ⚡ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

This book is on sale right now for $1.99! GET IT WHILE THE SEXING IS CHEAP: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07...

Whoa. That was the most addictive, fast-paced fun I've had in a while. Ever since I finished Ilona Andrews's Hidden Legacy series, I've been trying to find the next Big Thing to fill the paranormal void in my life. When I saw SHADES OF WICKED pop up as the deal of the day, replete with a sexy vampire hero who's basically a
Jilly
If you read the Night Huntress series, you will probably like this book because it stars Ian, the funniest bad-boy vamp in the series.

Veritas, a law guardian of vampires is looking to kill a demon who has a claim on Ian, so she wants to use him as bait. They are such an unlikely pair that they have to get fake vampire-married just to explain why they are hanging out together. But you know how fake marriages go in book-world...

I was a little lukewarm on this because the female character wasn't
Taschima
Dec 17, 2017 rated it liked it
While Shades of Wicked did nothing to break the paranormal genre, it is gratifying to finally have Ian's story told, even if it wasn't from his POV.

---------------------------------------
I feel a Series re-read coming soon!!

description
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I loved this book! I have to tell you that I went into this book with pretty high expectations. How could I not?! I have enjoyed the heck out of the books in the Night Huntress world and Ian is an awesome character. I knew that this would be a great book and I am happy to report that I was right. Once I started reading this book, I didn't want to put it down. It was really a lot of fun to be back in this world for just a bit.

This is
Recommends it for: Lovers of Adult Fantasy & Paranormal Romance,
Shades of Wicked by Jeaniene Frost
Genres; Adult, Paranormal, Romance, Suspense
4.25 Stars

I had a blast reading this.
Ian is hot, funny, snarky and dangerous. Veritas is full of surprises, has a bit of her own brand of snarky and can go head to head with Ian's dangerous.

There are a couple of small sections that felt rushed. They needed 'more' intensity. Some of these areas felt a bit 'YA'ish or silly and trivial to me. They slowed down the flow or lessened the character/world build connection for
Ceki
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ian is... Ian I'm glad he didn't disappoint, he's as crazy and funny as ever.
Veritas, on the other hand, fell a bit flat in my opinion. She is badass, but that is the only thing I liked about her. There was nothing else interesting about her character. I knew the author would go for a badass female to pair with Ian, but I would have preferred if she simply paired him with a human instead.

I think that can be contributed to the fact that I feel like I've personally outgrown the whole paranormal
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
Did I really think I wasn’t going to love Ian’s book? No, so it’s not surprising that I’m giving Shades of Wicked 5 fat stars. I honestly wasn’t sure how JF was going to make the world’s greatest manwhore fall for one woman and one woman only, but she did it in such an impressive way. This isn’t an instalove story but rather a slow burn romance that was so worth the wait. But now I’m dying over the ending and need book 2 stat!

Full review to come!

Thanks to the publisher for generously providing
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
OMG I forgot how much fun the books by Jeaniene Frost are. Ian and Veritas were awesome and I loved to see that Ian had so much more depth than he let the world see. I can't wait to see how their relationship pans out in the next books. This was a terrific, action-filled and fun ride with an unrepentantly charming hero and a badass heroine and lots of humor. Veritas and Ian's explosive chemistry and adventures totally made my day.

I see a Cat and Bones binge coming!
crίѕтίŋα•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
5 Stars

“You didn’t best me. I stopped beating on you when I realized you liked it.”
- Veritas

* * *
“Some things, you never want to forget lest you lose the lesson learned with them. My lesson was realizing who I was. Thought I knew when times were easy, but it’s who you are when things are at their worst that’s the real truth. It’s why I enjoy pain, in point of fact. You either feel it or you don’t—no lies, no broken trust, and no self-delusion.”
- Ian

* * *
“He hadn’t only found an entry into my
Penny
Jan 10, 2018 is currently reading it
I am so exited to start this new series!

I am so exited!
Sh3lly
I didn't care for Vlad's trilogy, but this was a lot of fun! I love Ian!

Buddy read with the MacHalos.
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
4 Naughty Vamp Stars!

Ian has fascinated me since he was introduced to us in the Night Huntress series, like Vlad he’s another favorite JF character, I’m beyond thrilled we’re finally getting his trilogy. Ian’s a degenerate snarky pervert who’s a scoundrel yet he’s unwavering loyal to those he loves and considers family as proven the last time we seen him in Vlad’s forth and final Night Prince book Into the Fire. His sacrifice truly opened my eyes to the depths of Ian’s loyalty and honor.

Law
Robin (Bridge Four)
I almost wasn’t going to read any more books set in the Night Huntress World after I hated the final two books in Vlad’s series. But this one featured Ian and how could I not read his story after he became one of my favorite side characters for comic relief in the main series. Ian treats everything for the most part as a joke but there is something deeper to him and I was excited to see what lay beneath all the sex and snark. Plus Veritas is the Heroine in this and the Little Law Guardian also ...more
AJ
4.5 IAN IAN IAN stars

Yes, yes, yes, I loved this one! Thank you, Jeaniene Frost, for giving us the opportunity to finally get up close and personal with one of my all-time favourite vampires, Ian! Ian has always been a highlight of the Night Huntress books and its spin-offs. His arrogance, irreverence and filthy deviance are completely charming and so freaking hilarious! And here, in his own book, he absolutely shines, and I was revelling in all that is this fabulously unique character.

“He
Maria Dimitrova
It's been a long time since I picked a Jeaniene Frost book. I adored the Night Huntress series and have read most of the other books set in this world (I still need to read the two latest Night Prince novels). To be honest I don't know why I never read those two. Other shinier books grabbed my attention but I fully plan on remedying that in the next few weeks. But when I saw that she's writing a Ian book I just couldn't resist. Add in the brilliant quotes shared on Twitter and by the time I got ...more
Marta Cox
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you have devoured every word this author has written about Cat and Bones then you will be well aware how hedonistic and conniving Ian is. At this point you probably realise that he isn't my favourite character so the author had her work cut out for her to make this reader fall for him.
I admit it I was worried but this book pulled me in , gave me hope and then cruelly spat at me ! Hey I confess it I'm a hopeless romantic and if anyone could get through to Ian it would be pugnacious Veritas but
Stacie
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cliffhanger, tpam-br
4+ "Not so Opposites Attract" Stars!

I loved this! Ian and Veritas work very well together. There was a lot of actions and a lot of action. We get to see Kat and Bones, Spade and Manchares (sp?). Even my main man Vlad makes an appearance. The plot is very good. Overall, super entertaining. I'm very happy to back in this world. Only problem, there is a cliffhanger. And the next book isn't out until Summer 2019. As my friend Santy says, "Death to cliffhangers!"

Overall though, I liked it a lot.
Penni
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4-1/2 *'s for this one. Can't wait for the next!
Ezinwanyi
Well I liked it more that Vlad’s story but not nearly as much as I enjoyed Crispin’s (Cat & Bones) journey.
Ian is a cheeky guy just like Spade and Bones and he is living his best worst life since he only has about two years left thanks to the deal with Daigon where Ian forfeited his soul.
The law guardian Veritas came to find Ian in hopes to use him to kill Diagon Veritas was a creature of unknown power and origin (which we find out later) and she intrigues Ian.
The verbal sparring
Patricia’s Book Summaries
You just knew that Ian and Veritas were going to get together because of what happened in Into the FIre. I can't wait to see them get together! Their backgrounds are also going to be so juicy. What made Ian into the playboy we know and love, and what are Vertitas' many secrets??? Also, what position will Ian be in when Veritas first meets him?? Sooo many questions, sooo much time before we can get the answers. Gahh. I need this book today, please!
All Things Urban Fantasy
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-by-kate
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy.

SHADES OF WICKED has been on my radar since I first read the excerpt on Jeaniene Frost's website. I, like many other readers of the Night Huntress series, was eager for Ian's book, and it definitely lived up to my expectations.SHADES OF WICKED has all of Frost's trademarks: amazing chemistry between hero and heroine, fun banter, great action scenes and a bad guy who is so easy to hate.

In that regard, SHADES OF WICKED is pretty similar to many of
Maria Dimitrova
This was even better the second time around. Especially now that I've read all of Vlad's books and knew what transpired to set the stage for this little adventure.

Original Review:
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
3.5 Stars

Ian was more than a swaggering hedonist in this novel. Jeanniene Frost added an interesting layer. Veritas was well-rounded, but her motivation for seeking a certain demon lacked something. Or maybe I should just go with the flow and believe her passion for vengeance burned bright for thousands of years. It was obvious how her past shaped her character but there seemed to be emotional distance despite being told Veritas feelings by the author.

Veritas and Ian’s relationship took
MountainKat
So not what I was expecting, but then I'm not sure what I was expecting. So good to get to know Ian and Veritas better, and there was lots to learn! I am really looking forward to more - I'll try to be patient. Though I don't want to read it around Thanksgiving again, way too many distractions that kept me from reading/listening.

I listened to the audio and enjoyed Tavia Gilbert's performance.
Lyn *NomadicWorlds

“The worst part was knowing no one cared enough to save you. That’s what you remember forever. Not the physical pain or the never-ending fear, but the despair of being utterly alone and knowing you’ll die that way. Ever been lost like that?”

It’s been ages since I last read a Jeaniene Frost book but when I saw there was a new series out featuring one of my favorite characters from the Night Huntress series – Ian, I knew I had to read it. And boy, did that turn out to be a great decision!

Turning Pages At ...: Shades of Wicked (Night Rebel #1) by Jeaniene Frost 55 36 Dec 06, 2018 06:54AM
My Vampire Book O...: Jessi, Sara Kate, Theresa 22 13 Dec 04, 2018 02:28AM

• Diamond Fire (Hidden Legacy, #3.5)
  • Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
  • Archangel's Prophecy (Guild Hunter, #11)
  • Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)
  • Sweep of the Blade (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4)
  • Wolf Rain (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #3; Psy-Changeling, #18)
  • Shadow and Ice (Gods of War, #1)
  • Summoned to Thirteenth Grave (Charley Davidson, #13)
  • Prisoner of Night (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #16.5)
  • The Savior (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #17)
  • Blood Truth (Black Dagger Legacy, #4)
  • Wild Hunger (Heirs of Chicagoland, #1)
  • Wicked Hour (Heirs of Chicagoland, #2)
  • Lionheart (Moonshadow, #3)
  • Storm Cursed (Mercy Thompson, #11)
  • Iron and Magic (The Iron Covenant, #1)
  • Vampires Like It Hot (Argeneau, #28)
  • Where Winter Finds You (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #17.5)
Jeaniene Frost is the New York Times, USA Today, and international bestselling author of the Night Huntress series, the Night Prince series, the Broken Destiny series, and the new Night Rebel series. To date, foreign rights for her novels have sold to twenty different countries. Jeaniene lives in Florida with her husband Matthew, who long ago accepted that she rarely cooks and always sleeps in on ...more

Night Rebel (2 books)
  • Wicked Bite (Night Rebel, #2)
“Even if we both survive, I won't enforce my claim on you," I said desperately. "In fact, the first thing I'll do is drop you back at that bordello in Poland and order you a new carnival orgy, promise!" Then I threw up, spraying a stream of crimson all over him as I lost my fight against the nausea.

"See?" I managed when I finished puking. Vow sealed with a blood oath."

He looked down at himself in disgust. "This is everything I knew marriage would be.
11 likes
“I saw you then and felt nothing. Saw you months later during the ghoul uprising and felt nothing then, too ... until I watched you tear through a group of ghouls 'til they were no more than blood in the wind. Made me so hard, I almost tripped over my cock on my way to kill the ghoul in front of me."

"Romantic," I said in an acerbic tone, but a fluttering had started inside that I was having a difficult time controlling.

A quick grin. "Indeed. Felt nothing when you rudely interrupted my orgy, either, except rage when I recognized you as the Guardian who'd been at Katie's supposed execution. Then we fought ... and I felt the same thing I'd felt when I watched you tear through those ghouls years before."

"Something long and hard?" I supplied, adding, "I remember it hitting my foot when I was trying to hold you down."

"Not that, though that, too," he said with another unrepentant grin. Then it faded as he said, "I felt that you were mine.”
8 likes