Start by marking “Shades of Wicked (Night Rebel, #1)” as Want to Read:
Shades of Wicked (Night Rebel, #1)

Shades of Wicked

(Night Rebel #1)

In this thrilling new Night Rebel series set in New York Times bestselling author Jeaniene Frost’s Night Huntress world, sexy and ruthless vampire Ian finally meets his match!

The Rule Breaker

Master vampire Ian is unrepentant, shameless…and every shade of wicked. He’s made one too many enemies in his two centuries of existence, including Dagon, a demon who now lays claim to
Mass Market Paperback, 370 pages
Published October 30th 2018 by Avon

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
OMG Ian!!!!!!!

It's Mother Fuckin' Ian!!!!!!

I have been waiting so long for my bad boy Ian to get his books and I can't fuckin' wait to get my hands on this book!!!! It's gonna be so good!

Totally Fangirling!

MischaS_
Did it ever happen to you that you feared a book would go wrong in one way, but it went wrong in a completely different one?

I adore Ian; I always did, he was my favourite character. Thought that the way he was treated by his friends was uncalled for. Come on, they only had to ask, and he stood by them. But no, they stilled douted him.

“Did you think (view spoiler) would change who I am? Nothing will...

Ha! I feel that this is a bit of a dig at pe
Sophia Triad
Ian and Veritas

“Ian,” I said as I straightened. “Say good-bye. We’re leaving.”
He laughed outright. “I don’t think so. You might be lovely, but two’s lonely, while a dozen is a party.”

AND

Ian offered me his arm, which I took after a brief arch of my brow. “Careful, someone might mistake you for a gentleman.”
He flashed a grin at me. “Anyone who’d make such a mistake deserves what they get.”

AND

“Why do you care who or what I have sex with? You’re not tempting enough for it to ever be you, so how is t
Kat Valentine
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I wish I could give this book more then 5stars!!! It was fabulous and so worth waiting for. Ian is without a doubt one of my very favorite rogues of all time!!! He inspires lust in not just women but man as well,hell I think he could bring the dead back to life!! He is one of the most sexiest and truly one of the most arrogant vamps of all times and he is what I think a true vampire should be,he lives life to the fullest enjoying everything and everyone he comes across,but I always knew their wa ...more
Jilly
If you read the Night Huntress series, you will probably like this book because it stars Ian, the funniest bad-boy vamp in the series.

Veritas, a law guardian of vampires is looking to kill a demon who has a claim on Ian, so she wants to use him as bait. They are such an unlikely pair that they have to get fake vampire-married just to explain why they are hanging out together. But you know how fake marriages go in book-world...

I was a little lukewarm on this because the female character wasn't ex
I don't read a ton of paranormal romance anymore, but when it comes to Jeaniene Frost, I just can't help myself. Fans of the Night Huntress, Night Huntress World, and Night Prince series have long requested a story devoted to fan favorite: Ian, and Frost didn't disappoint with Shades of Wicked. This novel is the first installment in her new Night Rebel series which Frost has announced will consist of “at least two books, possibly three”.

Spoiler contains my spin on the book synopsis: (view spoil
Taschima
Dec 17, 2017 rated it liked it
While Shades of Wicked did nothing to break the paranormal genre, it is gratifying to finally have Ian's story told, even if it wasn't from his POV.

---------------------------------------
I feel a Series re-read coming soon!!

description
Tim
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
Didn't care much for this as its aimed at a different audience. 3 of 10 stars
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I loved this book! I have to tell you that I went into this book with pretty high expectations. How could I not?! I have enjoyed the heck out of the books in the Night Huntress world and Ian is an awesome character. I knew that this would be a great book and I am happy to report that I was right. Once I started reading this book, I didn't want to put it down. It was really a lot of fun to be back in this world for just a bit.

This is
Ceki
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ian is... Ian 😏 I'm glad he didn't disappoint, he's as crazy and funny as ever.
Veritas, on the other hand, fell a bit flat in my opinion. She is badass, but that is the only thing I liked about her. There was nothing else interesting about her character. I knew the author would go for a badass female to pair with Ian, but I would have preferred if she simply paired him with a human instead.

I think that can be contributed to the fact that I feel like I've personally outgrown the whole paranorma
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
Did I really think I wasn’t going to love Ian’s book? No, so it’s not surprising that I’m giving Shades of Wicked 5 fat stars. I honestly wasn’t sure how JF was going to make the world’s greatest manwhore fall for one woman and one woman only, but she did it in such an impressive way. This isn’t an instalove story but rather a slow burn romance that was so worth the wait. But now I’m dying over the ending and need book 2 stat!

Full review to come!

Thanks to the publisher for generously providing m
crίѕтίŋα•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
5➕🔝 Stars ✨✨

“You didn’t best me. I stopped beating on you when I realized you liked it.”
- Veritas

* * *
“Some things, you never want to forget lest you lose the lesson learned with them. My lesson was realizing who I was. Thought I knew when times were easy, but it’s who you are when things are at their worst that’s the real truth. It’s why I enjoy pain, in point of fact. You either feel it or you don’t—no lies, no broken trust, and no self-delusion.”
- Ian

* * *
“He hadn’t only found an entry into m
Penny
Jan 10, 2018 is currently reading it
I am so exited to start this new series!

I am so exited!
AJ
4.5 IAN IAN IAN stars

Yes, yes, yes, I loved this one! Thank you, Jeaniene Frost, for giving us the opportunity to finally get up close and personal with one of my all-time favourite vampires, Ian! Ian has always been a highlight of the Night Huntress books and its spin-offs. His arrogance, irreverence and filthy deviance are completely charming and so freaking hilarious! And here, in his own book, he absolutely shines, and I was revelling in all that is this fabulously unique character.

“He mig
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
4 Naughty Vamp Stars!

Ian has fascinated me since he was introduced to us in the Night Huntress series, like Vlad he’s another favorite JF character, I’m beyond thrilled we’re finally getting his trilogy. Ian’s a degenerate snarky pervert who’s a scoundrel yet he’s unwavering loyal to those he loves and considers family as proven the last time we seen him in Vlad’s forth and final Night Prince book Into the Fire. His sacrifice truly opened my eyes to the depths of Ian’s loyalty and honor.

Law G
Under the Covers Book Blog
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it

To say this was one of my most anticipated reads of the year is an understatement.  Fans of the Night Huntress series have been waiting for Ian to get his HEA for many years!  And lets just say the wait was worth it!  SHADES OF WICKED was everything I wanted Ian's book to be and I am so excited that there's more to come.

First of all, lets talk ab
Debra Johnson
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lovers of Adult Fantasy & Paranormal Romance,
Shades of Wicked by Jeaniene Frost
Genres; Adult, Paranormal, Romance, Suspense
4.25 Stars

I had a blast reading this.
Ian is hot, funny, snarky and dangerous. Veritas is full of surprises, has a bit of her own brand of snarky and can go head to head with Ian's dangerous. 🧛♀

There are a couple of small sections that felt rushed. They needed 'more' intensity. Some of these areas felt a bit 'YA'ish or silly and trivial to me. They slowed down the flow or lessened the character/world build connection fo
Stacie
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tpam-br, cliffhanger
4+ "Not so Opposites Attract" Stars!

I loved this! Ian and Veritas work very well together. There was a lot of actions and a lot of action. We get to see Kat and Bones, Spade and Manchares (sp?). Even my main man Vlad makes an appearance. The plot is very good. Overall, super entertaining. I'm very happy to back in this world. Only problem, there is a cliffhanger. 🤨 And the next book isn't out until Summer 2019. 😠 As my friend Santy says, "Death to cliffhangers!"

Overall though, I liked it a lot.
Penni
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4-1/2 *'s for this one. Can't wait for the next!
Maria Dimitrova
It's been a long time since I picked a Jeaniene Frost book. I adored the Night Huntress series and have read most of the other books set in this world (I still need to read the two latest Night Prince novels). To be honest I don't know why I never read those two. Other shinier books grabbed my attention but I fully plan on remedying that in the next few weeks. But when I saw that she's writing a Ian book I just couldn't resist. Add in the brilliant quotes shared on Twitter and by the time I got ...more
Marta Cox
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you have devoured every word this author has written about Cat and Bones then you will be well aware how hedonistic and conniving Ian is. At this point you probably realise that he isn't my favourite character so the author had her work cut out for her to make this reader fall for him.
I admit it I was worried but this book pulled me in , gave me hope and then cruelly spat at me ! Hey I confess it I'm a hopeless romantic and if anyone could get through to Ian it would be pugnacious Veritas but
Patricia’s Book Summaries
You just knew that Ian and Veritas were going to get together because of what happened in Into the FIre. I can't wait to see them get together! Their backgrounds are also going to be so juicy. What made Ian into the playboy we know and love, and what are Vertitas' many secrets??? Also, what position will Ian be in when Veritas first meets him?? Sooo many questions, sooo much time before we can get the answers. Gahh. I need this book today, please!
Ella Zegarra
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
ahora esperar otro año
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
3.5 Stars

Ian was more than a swaggering hedonist in this novel. Jeanniene Frost added an interesting layer. Veritas was well-rounded, but her motivation for seeking a certain demon lacked something. Or maybe I should just go with the flow and believe her passion for vengeance burned bright for thousands of years. It was obvious how her past shaped her character but there seemed to be emotional distance despite being told Veritas feelings by the author.

Veritas and Ian’s relationship took unexpec
MountainKat
So not what I was expecting, but then I'm not sure what I was expecting. So good to get to know Ian and Veritas better, and there was lots to learn! I am really looking forward to more - I'll try to be patient. Though I don't want to read it around Thanksgiving again, way too many distractions that kept me from reading/listening.

I listened to the audio and enjoyed Tavia Gilbert's performance.
Lyn* Nomad *Worlds await*

“The worst part was knowing no one cared enough to save you. That’s what you remember forever. Not the physical pain or the never-ending fear, but the despair of being utterly alone and knowing you’ll die that way. Ever been lost like that?”

It’s been ages since I last read a Jeaniene Frost book but when I saw there was a new series out featuring one of my favorite characters from the Night Huntress series – Ian, I knew I had to read it. And boy, did that turn out to be a great decision!

Throughou
Carla Bulian
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I. Loved. This. Book.
Impressionante! Não li a série anterior dessa autora, mas não teve problema nenhum para acompanhar os acontecimentos desse livro.
MARAVILHOSO. Para quem gosta desse gênero, vale a leitura.
Aly
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5

Let me begin by saying that the expectations were high for this book. I'm sure I'm not the only fan who's been waiting for years for Ian's book but it was probably trickier for the author with this book because how do you make a shameful scoundrel with a sleazy reputation and who's been known as arrogant and carefree into hero's material, but without denaturing the wacky side we love so much ? I think that was the biggest challenge for Jeaniene Frost and in my opinion, she succeed. We see sid
Michelle
Na túto knihu som čakala aspoň takých sedem rokov (myslím, že to bolo po prečítaní šiestej časti Night Huntress série, kedy som si Iana fakt zamilovala), ale zároveň som sa jej obávala. Spin-off príbehy NH série ma nikdy príliš nenalákali (ani Spade, ani Mencheres a ani Vlad, aj keď ten bol z nich asi najzaujímavejší, vo mne neprebudili silné emócie). A tá jedna kniha, ktorú som prečítala, ma vôbec neohromila. V Ianovi som videla potenciál príbehu, ktorý ma zaujme. No zároveň som sa bála, že ma ...more
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Shades of Wicked by Jeaniene Frost is the first book in the Night Rebel series. This is the story of Veritas and Ian. I am almost a shamed to say I have never read a book by Ms. Frost before...which has been my loss. This book kept me reading until the end of this book. I found it exciting and enjoyed Veritas and Ian story line. I do hope the next book that continues their story and this exciting read comes out fast...I need it!
Turning Pages At ...: Shades of Wicked (Night Rebel #1) by Jeaniene Frost 55 34 Dec 06, 2018 06:54AM
My Vampire Book O...: Jessi, Sara Kate, Theresa 22 11 Dec 04, 2018 02:28AM
  • Wild Hunger (Heirs of Chicagoland, #1)
  • Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
  • Archangel's Prophecy (Guild Hunter, #11)
  • Lionheart (Moonshadow, #3)
  • Lucifer (Vampires in America, #11)
  • Accidental Sire (Half-Moon Hollow, #6)
  • Shadow's Bane (Dorina Basarab, #4)
  • Blood Truth (Black Dagger Legacy, #4)
  • Shadow's Kiss (Immortals After Dark, #20)
  • Kingdom of Shadow and Light (Fever, #11)
  • Z (Demonica Underworld #3; Demonica #14; 1001 Dark Nights #39)
  • Grave Destiny (Alex Craft, #6)
Jeaniene Frost is the New York Times, USA Today, and international bestselling author of the Night Huntress series, the Night Prince series, the Broken Destiny series, and the upcoming Night Rebel series. To date, foreign rights for her novels have sold to twenty different countries. Jeaniene lives in Florida with her husband Matthew, who long ago accepted that she rarely cooks and always sleeps i ...more

Night Rebel (2 books)
  • Wicked Bite (Night Rebel, #2)
“Even if we both survive, I won't enforce my claim on you," I said desperately. "In fact, the first thing I'll do is drop you back at that bordello in Poland and order you a new carnival orgy, promise!" Then I threw up, spraying a stream of crimson all over him as I lost my fight against the nausea.

"See?" I managed when I finished puking. Vow sealed with a blood oath."

He looked down at himself in disgust. "This is everything I knew marriage would be.
8 likes
“Ian grinned before leaning down to lick the blood off my lip. "I know, it's a lot to take in. Never thought you'd be this happy, did you? Or this lucky. Blimey, go ahead and envy yourself. Countless other people will, I assure you.” 7 likes