Start by marking “Songs for the Songs of Birds” as Want to Read:
Songs for the Songs of Birds

Songs for the Songs of Birds

4.43  ·  Rating details ·  7 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
Poems selected by the Author on the theme of birds, birding and flight.

The work of a much loved Canadian birding poet Songs for the Songs of Birds celebrates the way birds "articulate the air" and considers what the world would be without them. Narrated by the Author, the soundtrack features bird song recordings identified to species. Listen to poetry while learning bird
Audio CD or Download
Published March 24th 2008 by Rattling Books

To ask other readers questions about Songs for the Songs of Birds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Songs for the Songs of Birds

Donna Brown
Dec 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
For quite a few years I lived with an avid birdwatcher and we are still friends now. So I am used to both birdwatchers and birdwatching and whilst I haven’t pursued the hobby, my interest in our feathered friends hasn’t left me.

I rarely review poetry but I do enjoy it and this title really called out to me. I loved the idea of a combination of the beauty of words and the beauty of birdsong. I was wary though; this was dangerous ground after all. What if the words were no match for the beauty of
Janet Russell
Jul 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing
The intimacy of this recording combined with the field recordings of birds create a complex experience. Very interesting to hear the author's asides on some of the poems.
Ed Hayden
May 14, 2016
Igrowastreesgrow
May 02, 2017
620663
Don McKay is an award-winning Canadian poet, editor, and educator.

McKay was educated at the University of Western Ontario and the University of Wales, where he earned his PhD in 1971. He taught creative writing and English for 27 years in universities including the University of Western Ontario and the University of New Brunswick.

In June 2007, he won the Griffin Poetry Prize for Strike/Slip (2006)
More about Don Mckay...