Start by marking “Sky Full of Mysteries” as Want to Read:
Sky Full of Mysteries

Sky Full of Mysteries

What if your first love was abducted and presumed dead—but returned twenty years later?

That’s the dilemma Cole Weston faces. Now happily married to Tommy D’Amico, he’s suddenly thrown into a surreal world when his first love, Rory Schneidmiller, unexpectedly reappears.

Where has Rory been all this time? What happened to him two decades ago, when a strange mass appeared in t
Published August 14th 2018 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Sky Full of Mysteries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sky Full of Mysteries

Judith
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, m-m, paranormal
4 Stars

I've only read one book by this Author, Bashed , so I kind of knew going into this one it was going to be something different.

I'm,honestly,left a bit speechless here.I'm not sure what to make of this but one thing's for sure after I read the last word I was sitting stunned into silence....I couldn't stop thinking about the characters and the ending....and that's the sign of a good book(for me).

What would you do if the love of your life simply disappeared one night without any explanation,
Sandra
This isn't a romance novel as much as it is an exploration of love and loss, and the difference between young love and mature love. It's also a bit of a character study for the MC Cole and explores how a traumatic loss can influence the rest of your life.

Cole and Rory are young and in love, having just moved into their first apartment together, in Chicago in the late 90s. They are somewhat opposites, but perfect for each other, and oh so in love. On a night when Cole has to work late, Rory decid
CrabbyPatty
Holy crap. I read this book in one day, in one fell swoop .... and I needed to let it settle through my brain before I wrote a review. I loved "Sky Full of Mysteries" as the plot draws you in bit by bit, like the slow pull of the line as a master storyteller steadily reels you in. And I hated "Sky Full of Mysteries" perhaps because there is no right answer and no entirely happy ending, just as there is no right answer in life. I mean, the answer to the universe may be 42 after all, or maybe it's ...more
Cadiva
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I need time to process my thoughts on this one. Brilliant storytelling and such a compelling narrative but I absolutely hated the ending.

19/7 - Okay, two days later and I think I'm ready to write this review and I should say that even though I absolutely hated the ending - and I mean to the point of wanting to hit something or chuck my Kindle out of the window - it totally worked for the story's narrative.

Being honest, much as I would have liked a different outcome, it really would have ruined t
Sushi (寿司)
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
È il primo che leggo di Rick R. Reed ma questo libro merita tutte le mie 5☆.
Questo libro ti prende dall'inizio alla fine perchè vuoi sapere di Cole, vuoi sapere di Rory e vuoi sapere come andrà a finire ora che Cole è sposato con Tommy e Rory è tornato. Vuoi sapere tutto e non vuoi aspettare.
Lo stile di Reed è magistrale e ti fa stare incollata alla pagine.
Penso che in futuro se avrò occasione comprerò altri libri di questo autore.
Joyfully Jay
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: veronica
A Joyfully Jay review.

Let me start off with this: the blurb is a bit misleading. Just more than half of the book takes place in Chicago 1997, surrounding the time when 23-year-old Rory Schneidmiller disappears. Rory has just moved into his first apartment with the man of his dreams, Cole Weston. They are stupid in love, out and monogamous, and ready to spend their lives in co-habitation. Three weeks later, Rory disappears.

I was a wreck watching Cole fall apart. His life wasn’t spectac
Corina Ponta
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cole zieht mit seiner ersten großen Liebe Rory zusammen und könnte glücklicher nicht sein. Doch lange ist ihnen dieses Glück nicht gegönnt, da Rory auf mysteriöse Weise verschwindet und es keine Indizien gibt, was passiert sein könnte. Cole kann diesen Verlust nur schwer verkraften und zieht sich immer mehr in sich selbst zurück, von dem aufgeweckten, fröhlichen Mann ist nicht mehr viel übrig.

20 Jahre nach Rorys Verschwinden, Cole ist mittlerweile mit Tommy verheiratet, der ihm mehr als eine gr
Serena Yates
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay, read-2018
‘Sky Full of Mysteries’ is one of those books you have to read and experience yourself to fully appreciate the story, the characters, and the depth of emotions Rick R. Reed is able to conjure up with his prose. The premise alone had me fearing heartbreak, but the reality was so much worse. The focus is firmly on the men’s emotions, their passion, their guilt, and the way they end up dealing with a situation that is impossible – and not just in the scientific sense. What happens is a true test of ...more
The Reading's Love Blog
RECENSIONE COMPLETA QUI: https://thereadingslove.blogspot.com/...

description
Voglio iniziare dicendo che "Un cielo pieno di misteri" è un libro bello, davvero molto bello. Credo, anzi sono sicura che anche chi non ama le storie di fantascienza ne rimarrà conquistato. La storia è divisa in due parti. La prima è ambientata nel 1997 e Cole e Rory hanno ventisei e ventitré anni, vivono insieme a Chicago e si amano alla follia. Hanno un rapporto perfetto e progetti per un futuro insieme finché Rory non sparisce
Melissa
I think I missed the deeper meaning behind the story. Just like in school when you are told to analyze Shakespeare or poetry or The Scarlet letter, I never got the deeper meaning. This book is like that because I liked parts of it and grieved with Cole, but then other parts I didn't understand (view spoiler) ...more
Gabis Laberladen
Darum geht's:

Rory und Cole sind gerade erst in eine gemeinsame Wohnung gezogen, als Rory ohne Nachricht spurlos verschwindet. Cole ist am Boden zerstört und strauchelt, aber irgendwann muss er akzeptieren, dass Rory nicht wiederkommt. Auch wenn er spürt, dass Rory noch lebt, muss Cole irgendwann nach vorne schauen und weitermachen. Dabei hilft ihm Tommy, der versteht, dass Rory nie ganz aus Coles Gedanken verschwinden wird.

Meine Meinung dazu gibt’s hier
Lena♥Ribka
2.5 stars rounded up

I would hardly classify Sky Full of Mysteries as a science fiction novel. Yes, there is a science fiction aspect in it - the disappearance of Rory refers to to an extraterrestrial - but basically it doesn't matter who and why kidnapped him.

Actually he could fall into coma and awake from it twenty years later, or he could just lose his memory or have another life in the other city or somewhere in a far away country, it doesn't matter.

What matters is: what do you do when the
Rebelexmachina
Sep 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Risa
Aug 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enttäuschend, da die Story weder dem Cover noch dem Klappentext gerecht wird.

Zur Handlung. Rory Schneidmiller ist glücklich mit seinem Partner Cole. Kurz nach dem Umzug in eine gemeinsame Wohnung verschwindet dieser spurlos, da er von Außerirdischen entführt wird.
Cole Weston ahnt nicht, dass Rory entführt wurde. Verzweifelt sucht er nach ihm, bis er sich eingestehen muss, dass der geliebte Mann vermutlich für immer verschwunden ist. Seine Leiche wurde nie gefunden. Sieben Jahre später wird er fü
J.P. Jackson
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rick Reed has been on my To Be Read radar for a while now, and so when the opportunity came up to read and review his latest release, I eagerly jumped on it.

This story centers around Cole and Rory, a young couple moving in together, new in their relationship, and living life in the Midwestern city of Chicago. Reed's knowledge of the neighborhoods and attention to detail of the city is impressive, immediately immersing the reader into the gay 1990's in this well-known city.

Having lived as an out
Sheri
I'm conflicted.
This is going to be a conflicting review. I loved it yet...I despised it. Which is confusing for me because I love romance stories stamped with a trio of R's. But the truth of the matter is, this is not a romance. It's really not. It's a fascinating and captivating love story. I know this is a puzzling statement for some but I'm in the camp that feels romance needs a happily-ever-after.
Love stories on the other hand can be passionate and powerful but don't have to end with heart
Roberta Blablanski
I thought I was going to like this more than I did. I did enjoy most of the story, but the last chapter left me disappointed. I really like Rory and Cole, and I really liked them together as a couple. To me, Tommy got the short end of the stick, and I felt bad for him. He deserved so much better than second place.
Edina Rose
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I could read anything by this author. He has a way to tell a story and to tell about love that makes me melt.
Romanticamente Fantasy
Voto - 4.5
"Dietro le spesse lenti degli occhiali, aveva pensato Cole, c’era un ragazzo che sembrava del tutto sperduto. Ma quello che aveva provato nel vedere lo sconosciuto lo aveva del tutto preso alla sprovvista. Non gli era venuta voglia di soffocare una risatina. Non gli era venuta voglia di alzare gli occhi al cielo, come aveva visto fare a qualche altro tizio della palestra. Non gli era nemmeno venuta voglia di consigliargli un buon paio di scarpe da ginnastica. Nike, magari. Reebok? No.
Jaymie
Aug 13, 2018 rated it liked it
3 Stars!

What would you do if the person you thought you’d be spending the rest of your life with suddenly disappeared without a trace only to return twenty years later looking as if not a day had gone by?

Cole never expected his boyfriend Rory to just vanish but that’s exactly what happened. After mourning the unknown, hoping he’d one day walk back in his life but knowing he was probably dead, Cole finally started to live his life again. Twenty years later, he’s married to a wonderful man and the
Nicole
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
That was a very weird book and I did not expect any of the things that happened.

The book is split into two. First half starts in 1997 when the events of the disappearance of Rory happen and we see Cole dealing with this, which is heartbreaking because they had just moved in together. And the other half is the recent days, 20 years later, when Rory appears and no one can believe it. Cole already married and in his 40’s, still not having forgotten Rory.

The sci-fi aspect of it was very unusual, th
Cathy Brockman
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rory and Cole were young and in love starting their life in their new apartment when suddenly Rory comes up missing without a trace. Cole meets Tommy in an unfortunate accident and they begin a life together but what will Cole do when Rory shows up just as mysteriously as he disappeared? Will he stick with the man that's been his rock for the past twenty years or the exciting first love he lost?

OOHH MY! I don't usually read science fiction, but I love a good mystery and romance and this is a gre
Aug 06, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

I love the concept behind this book but I’m not sure the writing does justice to the idea. The characters are all likeable but this is a relatively short book attempting to cover a twenty year time period from three perspectives. The result is uneven coverage of time and characters. We see too much of Rory in the 24hrs before his disappearance and there is probably also too much time spent exploring Cole’s grief after losing Ror
Elisa
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Parto col dire: leggete questo libro! In italiano, in inglese, come vi pare, ma vi consiglio di leggerlo perché, pur non essendo esente da difetti, lascia il segno.
Sono poche le volte in cui decido di recensire i libri letti, di solito succede quando, a lettura ultimata, non riesco a liberarmi dal pensiero di quel libro. La recensione per me è una sorta di catarsi, di liberazione. Scrivo di un libro per mettere un freno alle mie elucubrazioni su di esso.
Sky full of mysteries è un romanzo che mi
Irina
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I am so glad to have come across this book and it was a pleasant surprise, considering I haven't read other books by Rick R. Reed. To me, this book is worth 5 bright stars.....
The plot is divided in two parts. The first part, set in Chicago, 1997, tells the story of two young, and very in love guys. Rory, who is 23, and Cole, 26, are happily set in their new apartment and work long hours. One evening, while Cole is at work until late, he decides to go out as he can't wait passively for Cole t
Men In books
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ne cherchez pas l'action, ce n'est pas vraiment la question. Par contre, si vous aimez ces livres qui parlent de reconstruction, de continuer son chemin et bien "Un ciel plein de mystères" est à ne pas manquer.

Pour les personnages de Rory, Cole et Tommy tout se résume à une interrogation : comment vivre avec ? Et c'est bien leurs façons d'appréhender les événements et de tenter de continuer à vivre qui apporte ce qu'il faut au récit pour que son lecteur puisse à son tour avancer dans sa lecture
Natosha Wilson
Aug 12, 2018 rated it liked it
This book was not what I expected it to be. I will say that I thought I had it figured out how this book was going to end up, but it went a totally different direction all together. Now that surprised me completely.

Cole and Tory ar so in love and happy. They just moved into a new apartment together and are about to start a new chapter in their lives together. Things could not be going better then they are, it is everything theyboth have wished for. But something strange isaboht to happen to Ror
Kobie
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
First 2 chapters were all tell, no show. I'll grant a pass, as it's the setup of the story. Chapter 3 is getting better, until main character steps outside in the early morning and calls it "dusk." Dude, dusk is in the evening.

And, here's another random thought..ln chapter 8, one character uses a simile regarding a heroin addict. I have a theory...no character but an addict or an addiction counselor should use this comparison.

Not sure why I'm being so picky...because the story is good. In the
Florence
Ce sera un avis mitigé pour moi sur ce livre, déjà par ce que je n’ai pas trop apprécié le style d’écriture. Donc ma lecture a été un peu laborieuse. D’autre part, j’ai eu du mal à m’attacher aux personnages malgré une histoire qui intéressante et qui sort un peu de l’ordinaire. Néanmoins, ce roman se laisse lire de part sa singularité sur l’intrigue et la fin que j’ai à la fois trouvée juste pour certains personnages et triste pour d’autre.
« previous 1 3 next »
Real Men. True Love.

Rick R. Reed draws inspiration from the lives of gay men to craft stories that quicken the heartbeat, engage emotions, and keep the pages turning. Although he dabbles in horror, dark suspense, and comedy, his attention always returns to the power of love. He’s the award-winning and bestselling author of more than fifty works of published fiction and is forever at work on yet an