Start by marking “Making Websites Win: Apply the Customer-Centric Methodology That Has Doubled the Sales of Many Leading Websites” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Making Websites Win: A...

Karl Blanks

Most websites lose. Almost all of them.

Many never make a profit. Others are successful at first, and then get crushed by competitors.

This book is about how to buck the trend--to make websites that customers love and that are outrageously profitable.

The methodology is based on the authors' award-winning work growing many of the world's biggest web companies--plus hundreds o
Published July 31st 2018 by Conversion Rate Experts

To ask other readers questions about Making Websites Win, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Making Websites Win

Start your review of Making Websites Win: Apply the Customer-Centric Methodology That Has Doubled the Sales of Many Leading Websites
Alan
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My biggest takeaways from the book is that you need to A/B test everything. And he was completely right - I doubled conversions in a 2 week period after reading this book :O

Get yourself set up on Google Optimize or Optimizely or whatever, and start A/B testing!
Asif
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant book. Easy enough for a non tech person like me to understand. Tons of practical examples. Will probably read it once again.
Norbert Boros
I have mixed feelings. There are many fantastic ideas, and research technics in the book. But after I've read, I'm not sure how these bunch of ideas works together. Somehow I don't see the strategic level. Let suppose I have an SMB. After I finished a book, I expect to create a conversion optimization program. But I'm not sure, that the book can help, because hard to connect the dots (I mean the CRO tactics).

For me, the most useful section of the book was the last case study. I think a good cho
Glenn Schmelzle
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
The authors tackle Conversion Rate Optimization, a topic that luckily has been tackled in books like Goward's "You Should Test That" and Ash's "Landing Page Optimization. Like those books, it espouses A/B testing as a way to improve a site, but it's central theme is about how writing is so central to the success of a business' website. This is driven home by one of my favourite passages:
"When we ask a website's visitors why they didn't buy, they often report that they were confused. They hadn't
Nicholas Wright
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cro
What a surprisingly incredible read. I have great respect for authors that can structure a host of ideas in simple and easy to follow ways. This book gets an A+ in that regard.

The clear structure allows you to dip in and out of chapters if you want to get some actionable ideas immediately, but I do recommend you read from start to finish due to the progression of principles.

Structure aside, the content gets this book 5 stars. They say you should read books that you can use in the next 60 days. I
Stephen
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The front part of the book explains the concept and definition of Conversion Rate Optimization (mostly centered around A/B testing) before it delves into the different tools and techniques that you can use to diagnose and improve your website.

Well organised with clear, actionable ideas, the book has an interesting section on good copywriting and why it matters. The authors also recommended a bunch of resources to read if you're keen to follow through with the subject matter. Definitely a book th
White Rose
Mar 07, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Half of this book is relentless sales pitch. Another one barely touches the things you can do with the websites, stuff I'd expect from books from early 00's. Such a shame to keep selling this dated crap

Francesco Maccari
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Making Website Win is a great book, and it has all the tools to make you a good Conversion Rate Expert.
I doubt anyone can implement 100% of this book into their business off the bat, but it has a lot of useful insight and is really easy to follow and read.

I would recommend this book to any Web/Marketing professional.
Jaz Blakeston-Petch
Actionable reads

Great book to get you thinking about how to me more methodical in designing digital experiences that convert. Has given me a few frameworks that I’m starting to implement at work with good effect!
Jonathan Bonnick
Excellent

Some brilliant ideas in here on how to improve your website’s conversion rate. Particularly like the idea of explaining why you might not have a telephone number on your website.
Karla
Apr 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Some good tips. More geared towards companies whose models are focused on online selling.
Andrew Johnson
Feb 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Solid read with practical tips. Overstates the impact of CRO on business outcomes
Puru Gupta
May 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Initially the book seemed quite transactional and disconnected. But at the end of it, have taken away some very specific and concrete action points for our website. Focused on conversions, this long read will ensure you keep reflecting on almost every element of your dtc business. Worth spending time and taking notes.
Hitchster
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolute must read
Steven Lewis
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can’t recommend this highly enough; most obviously to businesses wanting more conversations but also to copywriters looking for expert confirmation that copywriting is the root of all conversions.
Adrian
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is not only about websites. Is about how to grow any online company and make a lot of profits
Brad
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not a lot in here that today's SEO wouldn't know, but it's always useful to get a refresher. Probably would work well for onboarding.
Zacchaeus Nifong
A must-read if you're in marketing.
Joshua Thomas
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Practical and easy to read. Highly recommend for anyone that "owns" a website. I've got 8 ideas I want to try this week.
Markos
zak
Sep 28, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Don't Make Me Think, Revisited: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability
  • But I'm Not An Expert!: Go from newbie to expert and radically skyrocket your influence without feeling like a fraud
  • The 1-Page Marketing Plan: Get New Customers, Make More Money, And Stand out From The Crowd
  • Hello, My Name Is Awesome: How to Create Brand Names That Stick
  • Retargeting Recipes: 7 Spicy Strategies That Will Heat Up Your Conversions & Make Your Campaigns Sizzle
  • 3 Months to No.1: The "No-Nonsense" SEO Playbook for Getting Your Website Found on Google
  • Wealth Exposed: This Short Argument I Overheard Made Me A Fortune... Can It Do The Same For You?
  • May I Have Your Attention, Please? Your Guide to Business Writing That Charms, Captivates and Converts
  • How to Write Seductive Web Copy: An Easy Guide to Picking Up More Customers
  • Scientific Advertising
  • Pocket Mentor: The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Building a Lasting Business from Scratch (Mastermind Included)
  • Scaling Up: How a Few Companies Make It...and Why the Rest Don't (Rockefeller Habits 2.0)
  • Keys to Great Writing
  • The Millionaire Fastlane: Crack the Code to Wealth and Live Rich for a Lifetime!
  • Your First 100: How to Get Your First 100 Repeat Customers (and Loyal, Raving Fans) Buying Your Digital Products Without Sleazy Marketing or Selling Your Soul
  • The Elements of Eloquence: How to Turn the Perfect English Phrase
  • Content Machine: Use Content Marketing to Build a 7-figure Business With Zero Advertising
  • The Ultimate Sales Letter: Attract New Customers. Boost Your Sales

News & Interviews

“The tools we’d recommend you look at first are Sketch, Figma, Balsamiq Mockups, Framer X, and UXPin. However, there are a crazy number of good alternatives, including…taking a very deep breath…Adobe Brackets, AppCooker (for iOS apps), Appery.io (outputs code for mobile and responsive apps), Atomic.io, Axure (a complex, sophisticated wireframe tool suite), Balsamiq Mockups, Canva, Craft, Creately, draw.io, Fireworks, FlairBuilder (for apps), Flinto and Flinto Lite, Fluid (” 0 likes