Start by marking “Making Websites Win: Apply the Customer-Centric Methodology That Has Doubled the Sales of Many Leading Websites” as Want to Read:

Most websites lose. Almost all of them.

Many never make a profit. Others are successful at first, and then get crushed by competitors.

This book is about how to buck the trend--to make websites that customers love and that are outrageously profitable.

The methodology is based on the authors' award-winning work growing many of the world's biggest web companies--plus hundreds o
Published July 31st 2018 by Conversion Rate Experts

To ask other readers questions about Making Websites Win, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Making Websites Win

Start your review of Making Websites Win: Apply the Customer-Centric Methodology That Has Doubled the Sales of Many Leading Websites
Norbert Boros
I have mixed feelings. There are many fantastic ideas, and research technics in the book. But after I've read, I'm not sure how these bunch of ideas works together. Somehow I don't see the strategic level. Let suppose I have an SMB. After I finished a book, I expect to create a conversion optimization program. But I'm not sure, that the book can help, because hard to connect the dots (I mean the CRO tactics).

For me, the most useful section of the book was the last case study. I think a good cho
Alan
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My biggest takeaways from the book is that you need to A/B test everything. And he was completely right - I doubled conversions in a 2 week period after reading this book :O

Get yourself set up on Google Optimize or Optimizely or whatever, and start A/B testing!
Viktorija Cekanauskienė
Įdomi knyga su daug tikrų pavyzdžių kaip tinklalapiai augino konversijas. Bet gal ji labiau tiktų marketingo srityje dirbančiam žmogui, o ne šiaip bet kuriam tinklalapio savininkui, nes yra pernelyg daug niuansų. Žodžiu, gera knyga, bet ne visiems :)
Skaičiau dėl profesinių dalykų, tai kažkokių emocijų ir nesukėlė.
Asif
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant book. Easy enough for a non tech person like me to understand. Tons of practical examples. Will probably read it once again.
BBLINGERS . .
Dec 19, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book is one relentless sales pitch. When someone already has the book you can stop selling.
Glenn Schmelzle
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
The authors tackle Conversion Rate Optimization, a topic that luckily has been tackled in books like Goward's "You Should Test That" and Ash's "Landing Page Optimization. Like those books, it espouses A/B testing as a way to improve a site, but it's central theme is about how writing is so central to the success of a business' website. This is driven home by one of my favourite passages:
"When we ask a website's visitors why they didn't buy, they often report that they were confused. They hadn't
Nicholas Wright
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cro
What a surprisingly incredible read. I have great respect for authors that can structure a host of ideas in simple and easy to follow ways. This book gets an A+ in that regard.

The clear structure allows you to dip in and out of chapters if you want to get some actionable ideas immediately, but I do recommend you read from start to finish due to the progression of principles.

Structure aside, the content gets this book 5 stars. They say you should read books that you can use in the next 60 days. I
Stephen
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The front part of the book explains the concept and definition of Conversion Rate Optimization (mostly centered around A/B testing) before it delves into the different tools and techniques that you can use to diagnose and improve your website.

Well organised with clear, actionable ideas, the book has an interesting section on good copywriting and why it matters. The authors also recommended a bunch of resources to read if you're keen to follow through with the subject matter. Definitely a book th
Gene Ishchuk
Mar 07, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Half of this book is relentless sales pitch. Another one barely touches the things you can do with the websites, stuff I'd expect from books from early 00's. Such a shame to keep selling this dated crap

Roy Odegard
Jun 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Marketing Dynamite

Just finished reading “Making Websites Win” and have lost count of how many “aha!” moments I’ve experienced throughout the read. Makes you realise how the vast majority of websites are doing very little in the way of making the sort of positive impact on a business’ growth in the way they could… if only a small potion of the knowledge described in this book was applied… I’m off to reading it all over again, this time with a view to implement, step by step.
Francesco Maccari
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Making Website Win is a great book, and it has all the tools to make you a good Conversion Rate Expert.
I doubt anyone can implement 100% of this book into their business off the bat, but it has a lot of useful insight and is really easy to follow and read.

I would recommend this book to any Web/Marketing professional.
Craige Hardel
Aug 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely fantastic value

This can easily be put and presented as a course. This piece is chokfull of value and will level up anyone from expertise. I did mine and was just what I needed

Jaz Blakeston-Petch
Actionable reads

Great book to get you thinking about how to me more methodical in designing digital experiences that convert. Has given me a few frameworks that I’m starting to implement at work with good effect!
Melody
Apr 20, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wanted to get smarter about building an effective website. So much beyond making it look pretty.

It’s the kind of book you will go back to multiple times as you design and test websites.

Easy to read, load of resources and references.
Jonathan Bonnick
Excellent

Some brilliant ideas in here on how to improve your website’s conversion rate. Particularly like the idea of explaining why you might not have a telephone number on your website.
Martin
Oct 28, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of useful info for getting your website to work, not just look pretty!
Arthur  Charlez
Dec 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely mind opening read. It’s in the small things we overlook daily that the lost income sits
Sarai Mitnick
Dec 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An easy-to-understand primer on CRO methods. I liked the emphasis on user research, and not just testing methods.
Karla
Apr 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Some good tips. More geared towards companies whose models are focused on online selling.
Andrew Johnson
Feb 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Solid read with practical tips. Overstates the impact of CRO on business outcomes
Puru Gupta
May 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Initially the book seemed quite transactional and disconnected. But at the end of it, have taken away some very specific and concrete action points for our website. Focused on conversions, this long read will ensure you keep reflecting on almost every element of your dtc business. Worth spending time and taking notes.
Hitchster
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolute must read
Steven Lewis
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can’t recommend this highly enough; most obviously to businesses wanting more conversations but also to copywriters looking for expert confirmation that copywriting is the root of all conversions.
Adrian
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is not only about websites. Is about how to grow any online company and make a lot of profits
Brad
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not a lot in here that today's SEO wouldn't know, but it's always useful to get a refresher. Probably would work well for onboarding. ...more
Zacchaeus Nifong
A must-read if you're in marketing. ...more
Joshua Thomas
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Practical and easy to read. Highly recommend for anyone that "owns" a website. I've got 8 ideas I want to try this week. ...more
Markos
Nov 27, 2018
Liam Delahunty
Feb 16, 2021
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Don't Make Me Think, Revisited: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability
  • The One Hour Content Plan: The Solopreneur’s Guide to a Year’s Worth of Blog Post Ideas in 60 Minutes and Creating Content That Hooks and Sells
  • $100M Offers: How To Make Offers So Good People Feel Stupid Saying No
  • They Ask You Answer: A Revolutionary Approach to Inbound Sales, Content Marketing, and Today's Digital Consumer
  • Product-Led SEO: The Why Behind Building Your Organic Growth Strategy
  • Hello, My Name Is Awesome: How to Create Brand Names That Stick
  • The 1-Page Marketing Plan: Get New Customers, Make More Money, And Stand out From The Crowd
  • Cover Story
  • Who Not How: The Formula to Achieve Bigger Goals Through Accelerating Teamwork
  • How To Get To The Top Of Google in 2021: The Plain English Guide to SEO (Digital Marketing by Exposure Ninja)
  • Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen
  • The Art of Communicating
  • The Sharper Your Knife, the Less You Cry: Love, Laughter, and Tears at the World's Most Famous Cooking School
  • Halsey Street
  • Oswoić narkomana. Robert Rutkowski w rozmowie z Ireną A. Stanisławską
  • The Five Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace: Empowering Organizations by Encouraging People
  • You Are Here: Discovering the Magic of the Present Moment
  • The Art of Learning and Self-Development: Your Competitive Edge

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »