Start by marking “Flashback (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #7)” as Want to Read:
Flashback (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #7)

Flashback

(Keeper of the Lost Cities #7)

A New York Times bestselling series
A USA TODAY bestselling series
A California Young Reader Medal–winning series

In this unforgettable seventh book in the Keeper of the Lost Cities series, Sophie must let the past and present blur together, because the deadliest secrets are always the ones that get erased.

Sophie Foster doesn’t know what—or whom—to believe. And in a game with this many pla
Published November 6th 2018 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about Flashback, please sign up.

Start your review of Flashback (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #7)
Shannon Messenger
Feb 01, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Since my work is done with this book, it's time to mark it as read. I can't wait for you guys to read--I hope you love it. I'll confess, I'm particularly proud of this one.

Oh, and just so we're clear:

WHAT THE TITLE *DOES* MEAN: Memory plays a BIG role in book 7 (which you can probably guess from certain things that happened in NIGHTFALL--please don't spoil)

WHAT THE TITLE DOES *NOT* MEAN: The entire book is one long flashback. Mind you, it'd be fun to mess with
Regan
Aug 30, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
not enough keefe
kazually ♡
Dec 14, 2018 rated it did not like it
sophie is literally so stupid i can't.

there's so many flaws in this book, there's just too many and i don't have enough brain cells to make it into a coherent review.

i really want to rant about how repetitive this whole series is. actually though there's literally just one group of enemies and this series has 7 books with each one being like 800 pages. okay. but i guess that's what happens when the main characters are stupid af (except linh, tam, bianca, and keefe (view spoiler) ...more
Nicole

biana!

dex!

tam!

linh!

and of course another two years of suffering
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
DD 13 June 2018. I want it now! Gimme my KLT fix!
I don't know how this series managed to have been published under my nose without me knowing about it. I know even less how I managed to stumble upon it, ungracefully, and hardly fall in love with this world. Moarrr!
💝 18 June 2018: I'm SO ready to get my hands on this one! This had better be goooood!
July 2018: 5-star-prerating it: I'm invoking my right of the reader expecting the n-th sequel to a series that has already produced 6 no-
Madeleine
1.5/2

(view spoiler) ...more
J.
.......actual rating 2.1....

*Throws book across the room, and screams in horror*

Oh, sweet baby Jesus, please let this series thrive.

Plot: Sophie is tired of being useless, and after a major accident that almost got Fitz and her killed, she wants to fight back. Alvar is heading back to the Vacker's home, and tension rises within the group. They learn new secretes, and the alicorns come into play. Blah. Blah.

*deep breathes*

I hate everyone in this book. Everyone. Even my b.......actual
Vee Nicole
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First to write a review! Even though none of us have read it and my page may have not of refreshed.
Who else is dying of excitement????!!!!
Mariam
3 1/2 stars

Every time Sophie thought his name, she could hear her human parents’ voices in her mind, explaining all the reasons she should never play with fire. And yet, here she was, stepping right back into Fintan’s game.

I couldn't sleep last night because I was thinking about the last 10% of the book so much. UGH. This book is really hard to rate; the first 50% was slow and tedious, and even though Sophie and Fitz's bonding time during this period was important (and appreciated!), it m/>
Ethence
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: unreleased
I am aware that this definitely won't be a popular opinion and that a lot of people are gonna disagree with me but...

PLEASE GIVE DEX AND BIANA MORE LOVE.

I loved the book and have been in the fandom since Exile came out and I gotta say, I really loved the Keefe Sencen back in KOTLC and Exile better. From Neverseen, we can clearly see how much development Shannon has given Keefe. And I get that he has been flirting with Sophie since KOTLC and I honestly don't mind it but to
Xylia
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't believe I've been a fan of this godforsaken series for four years.
Kaelyn
QUESTIONS I *NEED* TO HAVE ANSWERED IN FLASHBACK:

1. SHIPS. Who will Sophie end up with? Obviously Dex is out, but Keefe? Fitz? I don't think Tam is really in the running. Personally, I'm hoping for: Sophie x Keefe for sure, and Fitz x Linh. I'm still undecided about the rest of them. Part of me really really REALLY wants Dex x Biana to be a thing, but the rest of me thinks she'd be better with Tam, and plus, Tam seems like he likes her, and, um, this is Tam we're talking about here.
Daphne
This is the first time I've felt a bit meh about these books, which made me sad.

It was still a good book, entertaining and captivating as all the others, but there were a few things that made me less enthusiastic about the book than normal.

First of all, I think the pacing in this book wasn't very good. It started pretty well, but then after some action it dragged and dragged on for a while. (view spoiler) ...more
Sage Elizabeth

BrEAtHe sAGe
Briana Fatovic
Gildie-Everblaze
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tbh, it wasn't quite as good as the others... [Note: this spoiler is something about a ship] (view spoiler) ...more
R.F. Gammon
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
WELL THEN.

Probably 3.75 stars (it was too long and THAT WHOLE THING AT THE END WAS NOT OKAY AT ALL, plus MY KEEFE CHILD WAS NOT IN THIS ENOUGH AND NO ONE CARES ABOUT HIM ANYMORE (view spoiler)) but still really really good. Not my favorite of the series, that's all xD

Buddy read with Nicole Dust!
Mya Gray
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, 2018, favorites
Castles of Air
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
❋❋❋❋❋❋❋ Spoilers for books 1-6 (all of the books before this one) below the cut ❋❋❋❋❋❋❋
(view spoiler) ...more
The Book Valkyrie
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shannon Messenger never disappoints!

A little too much Fitzphie for my taste, but still a great read!!

#teamfosterkeefe
Macey
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I NEEEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS IN LEGACY!!!!!!!
Lillian Fonseca
I neeeeeeeeeeeed this book. I finished Lodestar, such a cliffhanger! I need to find out what happens to her family! P.S. Sophitz for life!
Aqua
Well, this series has hit a new low. Flashback removes everything that was still entertaining about this series and instead gives us endless discussions of logistics, medical treatments, and more Fitzphie than I can handle.

So. Much. Boring. Filler.
Have you ever wanted to read an extensive novel about a character in a hospital stay that details every mundane detail of their treatment? No? Me neither! And yet, early on in Flashback, Sophie and Fitz get injured and have to stay in the hospital wing (or whatever it/>So.
Thobe
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I can't believe I'm saying this, but, honestly, I'm a little disappointed. No, I'm a lot disappointed. There wasn't enough action and I didn't see enough of the characters. But the one thing going for it that almost made me give it more stars is that it had me emotionally involved. Like, a lot. AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! Like, Alvar is now one of my favorite characters. I love him a lot. I've never hated Fitz more in my life. He's brainless. And so is Sophie. And the only thing that stopped me from givin ...more
Haley
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
 Lorien Rhys ~ Live for tomorrow
Quite honestly, I enjoyed Flashback LOADS better than Nightfall. The characters were actually busy doing something instead of standing around and twiddling their thumbs and doing absolutely nothing of importance. Really, most of the content in Nightfall could be taken out and it wouldn’t affect the story. Number one rule of writing (as deemed by my peers): if you write a scene and it won’t affect the story, take it out. That, my dears, is what you call a filler. (If I am wrong, please tell me) A ...more
Eva
Note: Direct spoilers will be hidden, but the whole of the review will contain small details about pacing and my opinions on the writing. Certain aspects of the story will be alluded to.

I finally read it! I must say, it was not my favorite KotLC book. I believe there were 289 pages spent in the hospital wing, so it did drag in parts. Not that Mrs. Messenger is beginning to have a shortage of ideas, because this books brought plenty of new things to the table. But, it was written in s
Briana
Nov 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: broken-records
"Plus, Grizel and Ro wanted them to master swords and knives and all kinds of other stabby things."

"...but I think we should carry them with us to save time, so...we'll need pockets. Why do clothes never have enough pockets? There should always be lots of pockets...the more pockets the better!"

"And don't look so nervous, Foster. Trust the foot energy!"
"I've never used foot energy!"
"Eh, you've always been a fast learner."
Elwin joined them from his office.
Liz F.
*impatiently waiting for the next book*
Gwen Goeldner
This is not what I was expecting. And I don't mean that in a good way. I was looking for an epic, action-packed, thrilling conclusion with a (finally) resolved ending. Flashback wasn't particularly epic, or particularly exceptional. As ashamed as I to admit this, it was actually kind of… boring.
It was too long.
Don't get me wrong—I love big books. Flashback was a fat tome of training, crushing, training some more, being afraid of killing people, crushing some more, training some more, and oops, oh no—the Neverseen won again. Sop
Sophitz/Foster-Keefe? Plot predictions? 4 21 Oct 12, 2019 09:46PM
Who died at the end of the book? Who is confused? 6 29 Oct 12, 2019 09:41PM
Fitz's POV 3 11 Jan 16, 2019 04:56AM
Team Keeper (KOTLC): Book seven-Flashback 35 38 Jan 09, 2019 03:04PM
K33P3R Club!: Flashback! 3 13 Oct 20, 2018 01:07PM
Keepers of the lost cities book 7 3 21 Mar 01, 2018 03:00AM

• The Miracles of Archangel Michael
  • The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
  • Truth Runner (Son of Angels, #4)
  • The Rose Legacy (The Rose Legacy, #1)
  • Darkness at Dawn
  • Little Plum
  • Life Between Lives: Hypnotherapy for Spiritual Regression
  • Princess Juniper of the Hourglass (Princess Juniper #1)
  • Ghost of a Chance (100 Dresses, #2)
  • Heartseeker (Heartseeker #1)
  • Harbinger (Elfhome #5)
  • The Nobleman’s Revenge (The Hanna Duology, #2)
  • A Stitch in Time
  • The Sight and Fell
  • Always Neverland
  • Battle Born (Elementals, #3)
Hi! I'm the NYT and USA today bestselling author of the KEEPER OF THE LOST CITIES series and the SKY FALL series! And yes, I DO accept friend requests here--BUT! Please note: I *never* check my private messages here, so if you send me one, you won't get a reply. My real contact information is on my website: shannonmessenger.com

Keeper of the Lost Cities (9 books)
  • Keeper of the Lost Cities (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #1)
  • Exile (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #2)
  • Everblaze (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #3)
  • Neverseen (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #4)
  • Lodestar (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #5)
  • Nightfall (Keeper of the Lost Cities #6)
  • Legacy (Keeper of the Lost Cities #8)
  • Untitled (Keeper of Lost Cities, #9)
“Why do clothes never have enough pockets? There should always be lots of pockets... the more pockets the better!” 20 likes
“Keefe tried to break the tension, pumping his fist and shouting, “LORD HUNKYHAIR LIVES! Say it now, Ro. Say it!” 18 likes