Start by marking “Call of the Wraith (The Blackthorn Key, #4)” as Want to Read:
Call of the Wraith (The Blackthorn Key, #4)

Call of the Wraith

(The Blackthorn Key #4)

Christopher Rowe is back and there are more puzzles, riddles, and secrets to uncover in this fourth novel of the award-winning Blackthorn Key series.

Christopher Rowe has no idea who he is. After being shipwrecked in Devonshire, he wakes up alone, his memories gone. Villagers tell him he was possessed by an unseen evil, and only became conscious after being visited by the l
Published September 25th 2018 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about Call of the Wraith, please sign up.
Kevin Sands I don't really have a fixed number in mind. I do have ideas for at least another 4-5 books, and there's no specific reason I'd need to stop there.…moreI don't really have a fixed number in mind. I do have ideas for at least another 4-5 books, and there's no specific reason I'd need to stop there. Ultimately, as long as I can think up good ideas for them, and people remain interested in reading them, there'll be more Blackthorn Key adventures. But I'll also be working on different series along the way.(less)
Kevin Sands No, there will be more books in the series.

Amber J
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Preteens and up
In the 4th book of the Blackthorn Key series. Christopher finds himself in an unfamiliar place with no memories of who he is. He can remember facts such as apothecary recipes and who the king is, but anything personal at all is gone. When ever he starts to get close his head starts to give him pain. He's taken in by a friendly farmer from whom he learns that he was shipwrecked. He also seemed to have been sick or as the farmer believes, possessed by a demon. That combined with a mystery 5 year ...more
Iceygirl05
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I NEED MORE!!!!
I absolutely loved this book!!!!!! 1 year of waiting and i devoured it in less than a day :(((. This book, as the others, was full of suspense, action, mystery, plot twists and friendship. I love the idea of the witchcraft which was based on historic events ( Salem witchunt). I adore the use of latin ♡♡ and i can't wait for future adventures.
Thanks Kevin Sands for such an amazing series.
;))
Skip
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book #4 of The Blackthorn Key series finds Christopher Rowe shipwrecked in Devonshire with no memory of who he is nor how he got to a friendly farmer's hut, joined by a young abandoned girl, who refuses to speak. Everyone in the town is worried about some missing children, and Christopher is told that his memories will be returned by a demon, if he rescues them. As he heads off to see the local healer (witch?) and the local baronet for answers, his longtime friends Sally and Tom are thrilled to ...more
Susan
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: juvenile, 2019, fantasy
This author has not disappointed me yet. Have to say, though, that I was as confused as a character in the book at the beginning of the story but little by little the story all came out.

Adventure, action, friendship, fantasy and the good guy winning over the bad one is always a good story.
Leah
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
The lack of puzzles in this book was disappointing, but I did enjoy the mystery. I also liked that things weren't what they appeared to be, and the journey to the truth was an interesting one. It involves witches, ghosts, and pirates. The ending is bittersweet but satisfying.
Mrs. Scott
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This series is so fantastic. Sands has created three of my all-time favorite characters: Christopher, Tom and Sally. Their interactions and devotion to one another are instructive, as is their determination to help others and stand for good.
Aaron
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A series that always leaves me satisfied and wanting he next one to come soon.
☆☆Hannah☆☆
Jan 14, 2019 rated it liked it
This was another good read in the series. In this one Christopher loses his memory. He of course tries to get it back. While this is going on there is a big mystery at hand. Children are disappearing. They want you to believe that a ghost is behind it. However, when you read it you will soon find out that who or what is actually behind it.
Rachel Palmer
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Damn, that was a good one.
Neurocomp
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
i'd rate this book 4.5 stars, but since the last one had some odds and ends, i'll rate it 4 instead of 5.
The series is still 5 stars on teh whole, because it is quite an adventure.

The downgrade isn't due to the writing (which is fantastic and felt less DanBrown, which is apositive, and more uniquely to the writer), its more to do with how this story adds to the overall series.

Given the path the first 3 books took, i'm not sure book #4 relates - other then character building it felt tangential -
Allison
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Just as enthralling and page turning as the last three books, 'Call of the Wraith' does not disappoint! I love the uncertainty that is placed upon Christopher and the reader themselves. I honestly began to doubt some things and certain people and had no clue what was going on (in a good way; everything came together in the end) or who the culprit was, making this a brilliant, suspenseful read (just like all the others, haha). (view spoiler) ...more
Elaine
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another great installment of this historical-fantasy-mystery series! I like that it feels 'real', but then there's this odd 'fantasy-ness' to it...like a bird that acts rather like a sentient character, yet it's not so entrenched in fantasy that the bird is talking or magical...However, I don't know about Master Benedict's voice...is that supposed to be him ACTUALLY talking to Christopher from beyond the grave? Cuz then that's just creepy. I just read it as his conscience, or maybe even the Holy ...more
Kat Drennan-Scace
Another great installment of the Blackthorn Key series. I was happy, when I visited a 6-7-8 school today, a lot of kids said they were also reading this series! This wasn't my favourite of the series, if only because it felt like an interlude between books, if that makes sense. Christopher washes up onto shore without his memories and has to solve a mystery. There is less alchemy and code breaking than in any of the others and in some ways, there is also less at stake. I have a feeling we just h ...more
Theresa Grissom
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. I LOVE The Blackthorn Key series and have been looking to this book since finishing The Assassin's Curse. Although I really enjoyed this installment, it was a bit different because there were no puzzles to solve. Still a great mystery and I'm sure I will reread this at some point. I have missed Christopher, Tom and Sally and am glad to have them back. Excited to know the series will continue.
Cecilia
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is the fourth book in a series and it was amazing!!! At times this book was so exciting that I thought I would jump out of my chair! Also there were amazing plot twists and the characters are just so fun to read about. I also love how there is so much action in this book. This is one of my favorite books of all time!
Marie
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
In this installment Christopher Rowe wakes up in an unfamiliar place with no memories. He pieces together his own back story while also trying to solve the mystery of the White Lady and the associated disappearance of local children. He works with his old (unremembered) friends as well as locals and a silent foundling child whom no one recognizes.

I very much enjoy the historical elements (witch trials and Barbary Pirates) as well as the legends and folk tales of the time (The White Lady). I enjo
Ms. Yingling
Oct 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Public library copy

As much as I enjoy these historical mysteries, I wish this were the last book. They don't get read much by my students, and if the series goes another 4-5 books, that's a LOT of real estate in my library for something that circulates infrequently.

Zy
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
It’s the last book of this series yet it feels like there’s more, like the ending is not enough. A page turner as always. There really is nothing complicated about the storyline but the excitement is constant and the events in the book are never boring. I love this series.
Yasmeena
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hello, 911? I'd like to report a murder. How? Oh, um. Well, uh-a book kindasorta assaulted me
Meredith
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think this was the best one yet!
↠ cняιsтιηε ✩
o h m y g o s h
TOM AND SALLY ARE THE ULTIMATE SIDEKICKS
Alysha
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-teens
I loved every book of this historical fiction series by Kevin Sands. They are a very enjoyable read with well rounded characters you just can't help but love.
Sally
This series is just SO good! I love the friendship between Christopher and Tom. They’re so ride or die for each other in the best ways!
Michelle
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thought the memory loss would ruin it for me, but thankfully, it wasn't that bad.
Maggie (Magsisreadingagain)
Sands does it again! The continued adventures of Christopher, Tom and Sally, as they navigate the next mystery in 1600s England, kept me flipping pages, and cheering on the friends. While I missed the puzzles in this book, I appreciated the further character building. And now I eagerly await the next installment...
Leela Martin
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series never disappoints, each adventure is a fun filled mystery with amazing characters that I can't wait to read! I'm looking forward to the next one!
Rpaul Tho
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great series. I love these little books and find them very entertaining to read. Can’t wait for the next.
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Christopher Rowe and company have just defeated The Raven in France when they are in a shipwreck on the way home and become separated. Christopher has also lost his memory and doesn't know who he is, but has somehow managed to find himself in the middle of another mystery, this time a case of missing children in a seaside village. Sands certainly knows how to plot a story and the action-packed pace keeps the reader from wanting to put the book down. Happily, it seems that we have not yet seen th ...more
Roxy
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm loving the adventures of Christopher Rowe and friends.
Maggie Menkus
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The fourth book in this series is just as good as the first book in the series - which is amazing! So many series fade off in their attempt to continue the initial excitement and plot line, but Kevin Sands really understands his characters, and upholds their unique personalities.

This story's main theme is 'witchcraft' and how the global community feared its dark magic, especially when young children go missing. Christopher and his friends decide to help find the children, but not without peril!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Eternity Elixir (Potion Masters, #1)
  • Skavenger's Hunt
  • From Norvelt to Nowhere
  • Waiting For Gonzo
  • Kuroko's Basketball Omnibus, Vol. 1: Includes Vols. 1 & 2 (Kuroko's Basketball Omnibus, #1)
  • Laura Monster Crusher
  • The Dungeoneers (Dungeoneers, #1)
  • Charlie Hernández and the League of Shadows
  • Magic, Madness, and Mischief (Magic, Madness, and Mischief #1)
  • The Hostage Prince (The Seelie Wars, #1)
  • The Player King
  • Flickers
  • Sword
  • The Graham Cracker Plot
  • Prison Boy
  • Ratscalibur
  • Counting Back From Nine
  • The Town That Drowned
Since escaping from university with a pair of degrees in theoretical physics, Kevin Sands has worked as a researcher, a business consultant, and a teacher. He is the author of the bestselling The Blackthorn Key series. His third book, The Assassin's Curse, comes out September 2017.

The Blackthorn Key (4 books)
  • The Blackthorn Key (The Blackthorn Key, #1)
  • Mark of the Plague (The Blackthorn Key, #2)
  • The Assassin's Curse (The Blackthorn Key, #3)