Start by marking “Legacy of Light (Effigies, #3)” as Want to Read:
Legacy of Light (Effigies, #3)

Legacy of Light

(Effigies #3)

The world is in chaos.

After Saul’s strike on Oslo—one seemingly led by Maia herself—the Effigies’ reputation is in shambles. Now they’re being hunted by nations across the globe, grouped in with the very terrorists they’ve been trying to stop.

With Maia’s resurrected twin, June, carrying out vicious attacks across the world, everyone believes Maia is a killer. Belle has gon
Published December 4th 2018 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about Legacy of Light, please sign up.
Ayun1 yeah, this is the third and final book of the trilogy

Carrie
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, edelweiss
Legacy of Light by Sarah Raughley is the third book in the young adult fantasy Effigies trilogy. Each book of the series builds upon the last with the story picking up shortly after it had left off so this would definitely be a series you would want to begin from the beginning.

In the first book of the series readers were introduced to high school student Maia Finley who knew that one of her idols must have died because Maia had been chosen to take her place as the new Fire Effigy. There were al
Shelley
*Source* Library
*Genre* Young Adult / Fantasy / Contemporary
*Rating* 3.5

*Thoughts*

Legacy of Light is the third and final installment in author Sarah Raughley's The Effigies trilogy. The story picks up shortly after the events of Siege of Shadows. The Effigies are split apart after Saul brought back Maia Finley's twin, June, to use her to make people believe Maia had been attacking the city of Oslo. Belle Rousseau has gone rogue after attempting to kill Maia; Chae Rin and Lake have disappeared. M
Sadibebooks
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enfin ce troisième et ultime tome qui conclut une excellente saga ! J'ai passé un beau moment et j'ai bien aimé connaître l'histoire des premières Effigies.
Le seul bémol que je peux reprocher c'est la longueur des chapitres... Je ne voyais pas le bout du tunnel 😂 Surtout quand ton côté maniaque ne supporte pas ne pas finir un chapitre avant de dormir... MDR
Bref, excellente saga !!!!
Lulai
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book, we have the answers to all the questions and the world building is incredible. I am sure going to read the next Sarah Raughley's book.
T.J. Burns
I received a copy of this book from Simon and Schuster Children's Publishing via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Teenreadsdotcom
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Effigies, four girls chosen to be gifted with powers from each of the four elements, are running out of time in this breathtaking finale of the Effigies trilogy. The Effigies must stop Saul from destroying the world, but they are scattered around the world, and unbeknownst to the others, one of the four is conspiring with Saul.

Meanwhile, Blackwell, the leader of the Sect, the army that is supposed to be supporting the Effigies and maintaining order, is pitting Sect members against each other
Jaclyn
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Took me a while to get into this, mostly because there were too many references to characters and events I'd already forgotten. But also a lot of it felt like the third movie in The Hobbit trilogy -- battle after battle after endless battle that dragged after a while.

That being said, I really like what we learn about the origin of the Effigies, and what needs to be done to stop Saul and the Sect. I loved the last few chapters, where this all unfolds, and thought the ending was strong.

I wish th
Alycia
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
J’avais eu le plaisir de découvrir le premier tome de The Effigies en 2017, grâce à un envoi d’un service de presse d’Interforum. Ayant beaucoup apprécié ce début de trilogie, je n’avais pas hésité à acheter le deuxième tome en 2018. Cette année, je ne pouvais pas échapper au troisième et dernier opus de la série. Après deux premiers livres aux nombreux rebondissements et aux dénouements nous donnant envie de connaître la suite, j’étais curieuse d’enfin découvrir le fin mot de cette histoire. Po ...more
Amy Aelleah
May 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
I don't remember the last time I was so disappointed in a book that I was looking forward to so much. I mean...I'm not entirely sure what I just read.

There are some good points in the book - like the awesome feminism, the point Lake makes that the POC Effigies aren't there to just be POC Effigies - and I love the fact that we finally have a series about people with special powers that isn't, really, a book about people from America with special powers. That goes for the previous two books in the
Nannette Demmler
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
ARC provided by Simon and Schuster Children’s Publishing via NetGalley for an honest review.
I have really enjoyed this series. The world that the author envisioned is just so interesting and so like our own and yet different. The ending was also perfect and pretty much what I wanted. I was a little worried that it was going to end with everything being wiped clean, but it wasn’t. This world has a long way to go to heal itself, which felt authentic to me.

Maia continues to be our only narrator,
Clare
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
I really enjoyed this book, was it amazing? Out of this world? Well no, however compared with its predecessors it was a huge step up. The main character, Maia, was finally, Finally was able to progress and develop as a character. I think what most aggravated me in the first two books was that it seemed as though Maia was progressing, learning, gaining confidence but when it came down to making a decision, she caved. Every time the writing boosted her up and then...nothing happened. It was very d ...more
Erika
Jan 21, 2019 rated it liked it
I will say this: I didn't foresee many of the things that happened in this book.

Many of the events that happened in this book took off in a completely different direction than I anticipated. Specifically, the fact that deities were suddenly introduced, and that it became a race to get the three stones representing each of the three goddesses to make a wish. Maybe I didn't read the previous books carefully enough, but I don't think they alluded this happening?

Regardless, I still enjoyed the comra
Marine Bernier
Mar 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-read
3,5/5
I finally read the end of this series ...
I am so upset and relieved at the same time =) I first read book 1 : Fate of Flames when it came out : "Sailor moon meet Pacific Rim met Avenger" with a headline like this I couldn't pass it right ?
I loved book 1, I was confused with book 2, and book 3 was so damn long and complicated to get into, at least for me.
I saw a lot of good reviews about this book so please go check them out !!! I don't know what went wrong with me ... I still love the se
Laura (midorireads)
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’ve finally made it to the end of the Effigies series, and I’m glad to say that I’m happy with the way it wrapped up. The conclusion was satisfying, and though Maia was pretty annoying at times — you just can’t save everyone, especially when they’re full-blown killers — I wasn’t all that upset with the way she chose to handle things, so I’ll forgive her.

Anyway, again, a satisfying end to a series I really enjoyed, and because of that, I’ll be sure to keep this author’s future works earmarked.
Tania
Jan 05, 2019 rated it liked it
I really loved the first two books in this serious and couldn't wait to read this one. I was a little disappointed because this wasn't as good as the previous books. I don't know what it was but something just felt off with this one. The first two I couldn't put down while there were parts in this one that I struggled to get through. I'm glad everything was concluded.
Lire-une-passion
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
"En résumé, ce tome qui clôt cette trilogie m'a déçue. Je n'y ai trouvé aucun intérêt, sinon celui de s'ennuyer et de tourner en rond. Maia m'a énormément agacée et l'intrigue stagnait. Dommage. J'avais de grosses attentes qui n'ont pas du tout été comblées."

LuCioLe
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Je tiens tout d’abord à remercier Lumen pour l’envoi de ce roman. J’avais beaucoup aimé les précédents et j’avais hâte de découvrir la conclusion de cette saga ! C’est avec une grande joie que j’ai retrouvé Maia dans ses aventures et on peut dire que cette suite est plutôt mouvementée et longue ! Il faut dire que le scénario est extrêmement riche et l’histoire plutôt complexe. On a l’impression que l’autrice a voulu un peu trop en faire et prendre son temps pour conclure mais du coup il a y a qu ...more
Elise
Mar 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Well, I read it like three weeks ago and can't remember a thing that happens. I'll chalk it up to the fact that I'm constantly reading but you kNoW this means it was bland. Like flat soda. Good but not great.
Echo
Jan 31, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

I enjoyed the story, felt a little long though
Louisa
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, this was such a great book, and a great end to the trilogy! We learned so much, and yeah, really enjoyed how it wrapped up!
Markus
Jun 06, 2019 rated it liked it
It was alright. I'm glad I finished the series but for me, this was the weakest of the trilogy.
Jay Quietnight
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
A satisfying conclusion to a series filled with twists and surprises. I enjoyed this trilogy!
Taylor Berman
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great ending to a great trilogy!!
Lauren
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So GOOD!!!!
Megan Wilkie
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Took a while for it to pick up, but when it did it got good!! Really enjoyed this series
Brakston
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The 3rd book definitely the best book in the series. Well written with lots of twists and turns to keep you guessing.
Ella Hanhan
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5
Not bad necessarily, just forgettable. Not exactly my cup of tea.
Kelli McClanahan
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved how everything came together in the end!
Danielle
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-arc-s
Its a thrilling race to the end in Sarah Raughley's final book of her Effigies trilogy. The girls no longer know who they can trust with the sect divided in two, and Saul's army is on the rise. They must figure out who they can depend on to fight back as the only hope to save humanity. Its time to scry, to go back to the beginning in hopes of figuring out how to bring an end to the phantoms. Will they find the answers in time? Or will their past come back to haunt them? Highly recommended!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Wild Savage Stars (Sweet Black Waves, #2)
  • Evolution (Dark Matter #3)
  • Bid My Soul Farewell (Give the Dark My Love, #2)
  • Dagger and Coin (Sword and Verse, #2)
  • The Iron Will of Genie Lo (The Epic Crush of Genie Lo #2)
  • The Rift
  • Steel Tide (Seafire, #2)
  • The Serpent's Curse (The Last Magician, #3)
  • The Dragon's Revenge (Transference #3)
  • Wished (Fairy Tale Reform School #5)
  • Song of Batoche
  • Untitled (Impostors, #3)
  • Feral Pride (Feral, #3)
  • The Triumphant (The Valiant, #3)
  • Chrysalis
  • Untitled (Heirs of Chrior, #3)
  • It Had To Be You (The Mephisto Covenant, #5)
  • Oath of Destruction (Reign of Secrets, #5)
Sarah Raughley grew up in Southern Ontario writing stories about freakish little girls with powers because she secretly wanted to be one. She is a huge fangirl of anything from manga to SF/F TV to Japanese Role Playing Games, but she will swear up and down that she was inspired by ~Jane Austin~ at book signings. On top of being a YA Writer, she is currently completing a PhD in English, because the ...more

Effigies (3 books)
  • Fate of Flames (Effigies, #1)
  • Siege of Shadows (Effigies, #2)